(Topic ID: 258395)

Pinfest 2023- Hotel, Food, Bars, etc, and after hours (no buy or sell)

By Irishbastard

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230129_211016_Firefox.jpg
    9515D971-25F1-4A75-86EA-65148CAC6810 (resized).jpeg
    605F3A6B-8D60-4D56-A81E-D121F8D0B3B9 (resized).jpeg
    20220506_061853 (resized).jpg
    57C276AA-CBCE-4AE1-8709-5DA20F484762 (resized).jpeg
    weather (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.36.45 PM (resized).png
    F5FB8F3F-9BF4-4F6C-B383-10CD734807F2 (resized).png
    20210729_170213 (resized).jpg
    20210729_144343.jpg
    EE84C064-DAF0-4F27-B59E-A26B98E072DE (resized).jpeg
    3D076174-39DA-44EC-A4C3-B28347766D22 (resized).jpeg
    2B1CF20F-87DA-4FCD-B36A-9D0FA9808525 (resized).jpeg
    C8E9660F-ABC9-4270-8E8A-62340E686F22 (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    16BC89CF-B486-419A-BFD9-4EFCF03BD4D3 (resized).png
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I'm very happy that Pinfest is only postponed, not canceled. Unfortunately we paid for our hotel reservations at nonrefundable rate. Hopefully they can just change the dates and won't charge us twice.

I hope you are able to get an adjusted date or refund. Please let us know how this turns out. Who did you book thru?

Rob

#52 4 years ago

Booked thru booking.com. Nonrefundable. ... I’m on The SOL plan.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I'm very happy that Pinfest is only postponed, not canceled. Unfortunately we paid for our hotel reservations at nonrefundable rate. Hopefully they can just change the dates and won't charge us twice.

I would hope so if you booked direct. The hotel chain I used just sent out an email that they would as long as it was booked direct through them.

#54 4 years ago

I got my room on the Pinside rate. Just tried to change the date, and it won't let me at the same price. Also can't figure out how to cancel so I can rebook.

#55 4 years ago

I would never book a non refundable room. I use Hilton.com and always take the reservation that can be canceled 24 hours in advance. You'll spend a couple dollars more but worth it. Just re-booked at Homewood Suites for $87 a night.

#56 4 years ago

Couldn't change my "non-refundable " reservation, but managed to cancel it fine. Will keep an eye on the CC to see if they whacked me.

May not be able to attend this year..

#57 4 years ago

We booked directly with the Ramada in Whitehall. Will call tomorrow and hope they can change dates. Actually booked 2 rooms for 3 nights so definitely adds up...

#58 4 years ago

Hopefully it won't be the case by then. But if a hotel is closed they'll have to refund a non-refundable. For now I wouldn't cancel anything.

#59 4 years ago

Dumb question: I hate to be >that< guy, and I'm going to go to whatever incarnation of Pinfest is held this year but - isn't June 12/13 still going to be right in the middle of Coronavirus season? What's really going to be the difference between holding it on June 12/13 versus May 1/2?

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Dumb question: I hate to be >that< guy, and I'm going to go to whatever incarnation of Pinfest is held this year but - isn't June 12/13 still going to be right in the middle of Coronavirus season? What's really going to be the difference between holding it on June 12/13 versus May 1/2?

My guess would be that June 12/13 was the only reasonable weekend that the venue was available.

#61 4 years ago

Just got a call from Holiday Inn Express, they are cancelling the block of rooms for the original dates and won't honour the reduced rate for the new dates.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Just got a call from Holiday Inn Express, they are cancelling the block of rooms for the original dates and won't honour the reduced rate for the new dates.

I got that call too. Any new info on room blocks for other hotels for the new dates yet?

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I got that call too. Any new info on room blocks for other hotels for the new dates yet?

I changed my reservation on my phone app as soon as Ivan called me regarding the change. I don't think there are many more rooms at the Four Points Sheraton, something else going on in the area at the same time.

#64 4 years ago

Highly unlikely the show will go on at this point, especially with the CDC recommendations. Strange Times...

#65 4 years ago

Days Inn at the airport has adjusted for the new date. They are on our website and they maintained the price. We are adding Allentown Park hotel and the Holiday Inn both in Breinigsville, pa. They are both about 10 minutes from the show. They are not on our site yet. Allentown Park is offering $85 per night and Holiday inn is offering $119.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2020

#66 4 years ago

Will the date for Four Points be changing? It's still showing the original dates.

#67 4 years ago

The Wyndham is $104 (plus taxes) for the May date.
    Nice rooms, free breakfast and I get an odd numbered room so I can see my trailer from the room.
    I booked direct in February and cancelled tonight.
    Stayed there for the last 3 years.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

The Wyndham is $104 (plus taxes) for the May date.
    Nice rooms, free breakfast and I get an odd numbered room so I can see my trailer from the room.
    I booked direct in February and cancelled tonight.
    Stayed there for the last 3 years.

$130 for the June dates

#69 4 years ago

Four points claim to be sold out for the new date. This could change as time goes on. There is a large lacrosse event going on the same weekend at Lehigh.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Four points claim to be sold out for the new date. This could change as time goes on. There is a large lacrosse event going on the same weekend at Lehigh.

Bummer. Ok, thanks. I called the customer support number and cancelling was painless & no questions asked.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Bummer. Ok, thanks. I called the customer support number and cancelling was painless & no questions asked.

can you post the number you called? I need to do the same thing I guess.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

can you post the number you called? I need to do the same thing I guess.

888-236-2427

They will ask for the 8-digit reservation number.

#73 4 years ago

I can't see them having the show in June... so I'm not going to get a hotel room just yet; With all the madness out there right now, I don't see it lifting til mid-summer... hope I'm wrong.

#74 4 years ago

You’d have to be nuts to pay any non-refundable money for anything right now travel related.

These companies are not gonna want to give it back. For the first time in history Ticketmaster is not currently offering refunds on postponed shows (only cancellations, which nobody is doing yet).

If it’s no obligation, sure, book it.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I can't see them having the show in June... so I'm not going to get a hotel room just yet; With all the madness out there right now, I don't see it lifting til mid-summer... hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I was going to wait a few weeks to see what happens when we get to early/mid-April.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

$130 for the June dates

D'oh!

#77 4 years ago

Not sure I can go in June.
    Not sure if show will happen in June.

If I can go, I will likely pay the higher price of a late booking.
    I might also stay further away if there is a savings.

1 month later
    #78 3 years ago
    20149097_42_600_674.jpg20149097_42_600_674.jpg
    #79 3 years ago

Didn’t book a hotel, motel. Cabin, or a lake house . Figured the State is going to shut Pinfest down right around Memorial Day. Lehigh County is still red. Pinfest 2020 if it happens ppl will be sleeping in Campers, or vans. We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

How is that different from any other year?

#81 3 years ago

Didn’t book a hotel, motel. Cabin, or a lake house . Figured the State is going to shut Pinfest down right around Memorial Day. Lehigh County is still red. Pinfest 2020 if it happens ppl will be sleeping in Campers, or vans. We ought to be ripe by Day 3 .

It's not happening, no idea why it's hasn't been cancelled yet, since everything else under the sun is cancelled until basically winter. If I'm wrong and it does happen in June, it will be a shadow of itself. I'll be there next year, if the world is allowing life by then.

#82 3 years ago

I'm still hoping this happens. Absolutely my favorite days of the year.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

How is that different from any other year?

Most years most of us use lodging with bathroom amenities. 2020 is a whole new animal.

#84 3 years ago

Ivan officially announced the cancellation for 2020 in the other Pinfest thread.

3 weeks later
    #85 3 years ago

I just went on my hotels website and moved my reservation to the 2021 dates. I don’t have to eat all that money so I’m excited.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I just went on my hotels website and moved my reservation to the 2021 dates. I don’t have to eat all that money so I’m excited.

I’ll check the website for the 2021 dates

#87 3 years ago

I’ll check the website for the 2021 dates

I PM’d Ivan to make sure and he gave me the dates. It’s the weekend of May 8th.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I PM’d Ivan to make sure and he gave me the dates. It’s the weekend of May 8th.

Great, Mother's day weekend.

#89 3 years ago

surprised it is the second weekend of May, figured it would be the friday the 30th and may the 1st.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

surprised it is the second weekend of May, figured it would be the friday the 30th and may the 1st.

It could be provided the space is available. The show typically is the first Friday and Saturday of May. I’d prefer 30th and 1st. I also need to check if other shows go on that weekend. I’ll look into it.

#91 3 years ago

Please move it to the weekend before Mother's Day. I'm already in the doghouse for going to a pinball show on the weekend, don't need to make it worse by skipping out on Mother's Day too

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please move it to the weekend before Mother's Day. I'm already in the doghouse for going to a pinball show on the weekend, don't need to make it worse by skipping out on Mother's Day too

I will if I can bro. I answer to a higher power, the venue manager. I seem to think I compete with a gun show which is as big and all weekend. They don’t like Mother’s Day weekend either.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I will if I can bro. I answer to a higher power, the venue manager. I seem to think I compete with a gun show which is as big and all weekend. They don’t like Mother’s Day weekend either.

Fingers crossed I can hear it now, "You take half the weekend off for a pinball show, but you're working on mother's day?!". I believe I had to skip the show a few years ago due to it being on Mother's day weekend.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Isn't mothers day Sunday?

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Isn't mothers day Sunday?

Every year.

#96 3 years ago

No show on Sunday, problem solved.

1 week later
    #97 3 years ago

I Prefer May 8, 9 myself . No mom. No kids, just another Weekend.

6 months later
    #98 3 years ago

Not sure if many of you were aware, but the famous Ritz BBQ was forced out of business in 2020 due to COVID. However, new owners have purchased the place and plan to reopen in February/March, just in time for Pinfest 2021!!!

https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/food-drink/restaurants/mc-ent-ritz-barbecue-reopening-under-new-owners-20201208-jgu3usj3djfnvdw7sz5eaxyqy4-story.html

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

just in time for Pinfest 2021!!!

From your lips to God's ears.

1 month later
    #100 3 years ago

It's On!

Screenshot_20210311-091243_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210311-091243_Facebook.jpg
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-hotel-food-bars-etc-and-after-hours-no-buy-or-sell/page/2?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.