(Topic ID: 259112)

Pinfest 2020 - hotel, food, show talk (NO buy, sell, trade, want)

By Kawydud

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spikelou2
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grumpys (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago
    2 weeks later
    #2 4 years ago

The former Wyndham hotel is now the Holiday Inn Allentown-Bethlehem. I remember speaking to the manager there last year and she said that they were very happy to be converting to a Holiday Inn. This is not the Holiday Inn Express that is down Hamilton Boulevard from the old Comfort Suites which is now a Four Points Sheraton.

#3 4 years ago

#4 4 years ago

I'm fond of Grumpy's Barbecue Roadhouse... not really for the food (kinda hit and miss), but it's NOT a chain, and they typically have good to great live music. The drinks are tasty, and they usually have some nice craft and other typical beers on tap.

Nice place to chill after a day of pinballin'.

https://grumpysbbq.net/#home-section

#5 4 years ago

Should have the block up for the new Four Points in a few days. They are offering a great rate this year. Significant upgrades have been done to this hotel according to management.

Holiday inn (formally Wingate) and Holiday inn Express blocks are up in the lodging section of Pinfest site.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I'm fond of Grumpy's Barbecue Roadhouse... not really for the food (kinda hit and miss), but it's NOT a chain, and they typically have good to great live music. The drinks are tasty, and they usually have some nice craft and other typical beers on tap.

Myself ans several other checked out Grumpy's two or three years ago. Had a great time the food was very good. Last year 6 of us went back and the staff had an attitude. service was horrible, most the food on the menu was not available. Maybe the staff had a bad day but we agreed never to go back.

grumpys (resized).JPGgrumpys (resized).JPG
    #7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Myself ans several other checked out Grumpy's two or three years ago. Had a great time the food was very good. Last year 6 of us went back and the staff had an attitude. service was horrible, most the food on the menu was not available. Maybe the staff had a bad day but we agreed never to go back.[quoted image]

I didn't think Grumpy's was very good at all. Maybe the bar is good, but the food wasn't. First time I went, ribs were very greasy and fatty, jambalaya was mushy and tasteless. Next time we went, food was obviously reheated and dried out. Wouldn't go back, but by all means AVOID the RITZ (shitz) Barbecue place toward the very end of the Farmer's Market building (in back of the long building) across from the show. It was one of the very worst restaurant experiences I've ever had in my life, but we still get a good laugh out of it. Wert's Cafe is good; not far from the the show venue. There's plenty of good eating places in the area, but I wouldn't recommend Grumpy's and definitely not Ritz.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Dono, you had a great time at that bar a few years back. I wish I'd have joined you. Maybe this year?

#9 4 years ago

Grumpy is not great but it’s a great please to have a beer or 12 ..but there a new amazing bbq place near by ..but no bar ..it’s called mission bbq ..it’s amazing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-everything-else-besides-buy-sell-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.