(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1673 2 years ago

I have a new Scared Stiff playfield from PPS that has been in the box since purchase. Back before all the clear-gate non-sense $900. PM me if interested

I am also bringing a decked out Metallica Pro for the free play area that will be available for sale as well.

Wood cabinet
    color DMD
    Custom LED job
    custom color matched Titan band job
    flipper fidelity speakers+sub
    lit flipper buttons
    speaker panel decal
    lightning rails
    matching inside cabinet art
    sparky cap wires
    colored plastic protectors
    snake teeth and decals
    lit coffin figure
    crosses
    trough lit
    speaker inserts
    shaker...

and probably more I forget Very tastefully mod'd. Come check it out - some old photos - https://flynnibus.smugmug.com/Pinball/Metallica-Pro/
    i-87XKk34-X4.jpgi-87XKk34-X4.jpg

#1740 2 years ago

Along with the loaded met pro

I also have a full nos plastics set for metallica pro and a used (but clean) metallica pro translite available for sale. (Games for sale has translite signed by lyman and borg)

#1964 2 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I'm not much of a complainer, but something has to be said, to the @$% wipe who put his business cards on machines advertising pinball machine rentals GTFO of here, low class, especially when you put it on a machine owned by someone who does the same thing.

Yeah ban that mFer. Started sometime late friday

#2068 2 years ago

Same topic every year...

1 - People having expectations of flawless games need to get over it. People are bringing pins to both play and sell. This is not a concours d'elegance
    2 - They are pins, they break. Especially after moving
    3 - They are pins, they break after alot of play. Most games at home are not hardened to survive lots of sustained play like a true route warrior. We shouldn't expect only route-ready games at a show
    4 - Even hardened pins love to flex and break on the owners. Not always in ways that are readily repairable either
    5 - More often then not, a game you see broke now, will be working later.

I'd love every person complaining about game quality to invite 50 people over and see if no one finds anything not perfect in their games, or make it through the evening without opening the game. We should all know that 'everything was working before...' means nothing to it always working.

I was there Thurs and Fri and I never saw anything I would consider a graveyard or games just plopped down. Some had issues, they always do.. but overall they were what I would normally expect.

Most people wouldn't bring a junker just to get free admission... hauling a game isn't worth $40 to anyone with a clue. What people often don't see is that one broken game they see is the 4th or 5th game the owner brought and maybe it's not perfect, but it's good enough to show off and hope someone wants it.

Free play was fine this year - it was actually more full then I was worried it could be due to pandemic year.

My concern was less homebrews seen... and less 1993-Now games then you'd normally see.

#2069 2 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That was for tournament only at pinfest like several other games (Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc).

No, that game was sold on the floor.. they were setting up and it didn't stay. THen was moved over to that booth to hold.

#2071 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

We could suggest a separate area for one. Velvet ropes and all!

other possibilities

- No entry unless you bring a game -- won't work for vendors or gate admission costs...
    - Separate areas for 'for sale' and 'NFS' games - each with different perks/fees.

To me these are minor things.. those who are used to these shows know the drill. If you are a rando coming for just free play at saturday at 2pm, I can understand your frustration. They need something more to anchor Saturday afternoon that is worth it to people if they want the bleeding to stop for saturday. Reality is most people are driving home and unless you convince them to stay overnight due to something meaningful/worthy... people are going to be bailing early.

They still have issues managing games coming off the floor - their system is uneven, and down right annoying at times. At times its a free for all, at other times it's the inquisition. And their system for tracking ownership/sales is completely defeat-able by anyone. So their model is dumb and frustrating at the same time.

#2074 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with a couple of non-functioning pinball machines that someone brought for others to check out.

Maybe they should have asked to speak to the manager...

#2093 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Have you been to other shows? Every other show I go to has notably better quality games compared to pinfest.

Yes, I've been to plenty over the last 25 years of going to shows. In this region and shows like TPF.

Solution is easy... want better games.. be part of the solution and bring better games. I brought a showpiece game for the free play area to do my part.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.