(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 45.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I too am confident we're really close to the peak... but still given that, I just can't see PA state gov't allowing events like these to take place until maybe the end of the summer.
    Like the previous poster mentioned, would there be a decent turnout? Million dollar question there.
    I'm thinking it's kaput!

I think there is still plenty of time left to make decisions for late June. The numbers I ran last month had us peaking for Easter Week, I don't think I was that far off. Peak obviously does not mean it's over. The real question is when do they let every one get back to normal. From what I've deciphered from Fauci, and his statement that we should be able to go on vacations this Summer, the light at the end of the tunnel is near, UNLESS... Policians for political gain want to drag this out as far as they can.

Just FYI, look at Sweden https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-response-sweden-avoids-isolation-economic-ruin/ not sure why we couldn't and or shouldn't have used that approach. But that's a conversation for another day.

If Pinfest is ON, I'll be there with 5 - 8 machines, and a stomach full from the Farmers Market.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I was promised a refund from AA, they lied.

What, because you fell off the wagon?

#353 4 years ago

Even if it does take place there will likely be less of a turn out which means there will not be as many games to play.

#354 4 years ago

I'm hoping Allentown goes off this summer but I don't think its happening in June. The politicians have assumed HUGE amounts of power from this pandemic and they won't relinquish it anytime soon if at all. We've been ordered to stay home, wear masks, don't travel. Close restaurants, bars, small mom and pop businesses without regard to logic. This guy has to close but somebody else is "essential". Some NJ shore communities have even told vacation home owners to stay out of their own homes! They also banned short term rentals for an indefinite period of time. Note that they are not offering to rebate taxes on the home they don't want you to live in or rent out! Also, people opposed to the current president would love to see this drag out closer to fall in order to help chances of someone else winning. Politicians are on a serious power trip and I think they will continue to issue "orders" for a while, assuming they know better than us and we are too stupid to decide what precautions we need to take and when. This will negatively impact large gatherings like pinball shows I believe.

Another factor impacting negatively Allentown is that NY and North Jersey have been hit really hard with the virus. A lot of show attendees and vendors are from that hard hit area. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to be in a closed building with dozens of them unless this thing is well on its way to an end, or a safe vaccine or treatment has been developed. No offense to these residents. A lot of my friends live there. And tomorrow it might be Phila or somewhere else that's the new hot zone. So its not just NY or NNJ. I just think we need to let some dust settle before we can have a really successful and large show and get lots of people attending.

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I'm hoping Allentown goes off this summer but I don't think its happening in June. The politicians have assumed HUGE amounts of power from this pandemic and they won't relinquish it anytime soon if at all. We've been ordered to stay home, wear masks, don't travel. Close restaurants, bars, small mom and pop businesses without regard to logic. This guy has to close but somebody else is "essential". Some NJ shore communities have even told vacation home owners to stay out of their own homes! They also banned short term rentals for an indefinite period of time. Note that they are not offering to rebate taxes on the home they don't want you to live in or rent out! Also, people opposed to the current president would love to see this drag out closer to fall in order to help chances of someone else winning. Politicians are on a serious power trip and I think they will continue to issue "orders" for a while, assuming they know better than us and we are too stupid to decide what precautions we need to take and when. This will negatively impact large gatherings like pinball shows I believe.
    Another factor impacting negatively Allentown is that NY and North Jersey have been hit really hard with the virus. A lot of show attendees and vendors are from that hard hit area. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to be in a closed building with dozens of them unless this thing is well on its way to an end, or a safe vaccine or treatment has been developed. No offense to these residents. A lot of my friends live there. And tomorrow it might be Phila or somewhere else that's the new hot zone. So its not just NY or NNJ. I just think we need to let some dust settle before we can have a really successful and large show and get lots of people attending.

I am hoping that it happens as well, but if Ivan makes the decision out of safety to postpone or cancel, I absolutely respect that. He puts SO much time and energy and money into making this show great, it's a shame if it can't happen this year, but I would understand the need to cancel.

If it happens, I will be there with a game or 2 in support!

Chris

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Even if it does take place there will likely be less of a turn out which means there will not be as many games to play.

I'm planning on bringing at least two games.

#357 4 years ago

I do not think it will actually happen on the june date.
    I doubt i will be able to scramble what i need to go.
    Still, i love the show and will make every effort to go unless it conflicts with pintastic which is in my backyard.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm planning on bringing at least two games.

Ill bring 2. Taxi and Whirlwind for freeplay!

#359 4 years ago

I will bring Congo on free play and for sale.

#360 4 years ago

While I would love the show to go on, I don't think this will honestly happen. You have people coming in from all over the country to this and honestly, playing games with gloves and mask does not seem appealing. Nor does the idea of catching and spreading disease. It only makes sense to not have it this year. Obviously, health and safety first. A resurgence of this virus is not in anyone's best interest.

#361 4 years ago

We're 2 months out from the June date so a lot can change, but the county containing Allentown is pretty highly infected at 1 in 251 individuals having tested positive in the county. It's essentially the Western edge of the Northeast supercell. Two weeks later is Pintastic and I suspect it is at risk too. There is high risk in my home so I started isolating early (haven't been to work in 4 weeks) and probably will be in the last wave of returning to normal.

It's too bad if I can't go - I've got a good set of 'yard sale' stuff to bring this year including an Alien Poker playfield.

9 April Lehigh County9 April Lehigh County

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I think there is still plenty of time left to make decisions for late June. The numbers I ran last month had us peaking for Easter Week, I don't think I was that far off. Peak obviously does not mean it's over. The real question is when do they let every one get back to normal. From what I've deciphered from Fauci, and his statement that we should be able to go on vacations this Summer, the light at the end of the tunnel is near, UNLESS... Policians for political gain want to drag this out as far as they can.
    Just FYI, look at Sweden https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-response-sweden-avoids-isolation-economic-ruin/ not sure why we couldn't and or shouldn't have used that approach. But that's a conversation for another day.
    If Pinfest is ON, I'll be there with 5 - 8 machines, and a stomach full from the Farmers Market.

Well said, I'll be there right with ya! And I agree completely with your worries about how a certain group of politicians are going to want to drag the non-return to work idea out WAAAAAAYYYY too long.

#363 4 years ago

Moderation warning:
    Please no discussion of political decisions or recommendations on Covid-19 here - this is the Pinfest 2020 thread.

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation warning:
    Please no discussion of political decisions or recommendations on Covid-19 here - this is the Pinfest 2020 thread.

Understood, but when politicians are making decisions that effect the show, it's kind of relevant.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

What, because you fell off the wagon?

My medication doesn’t mix with alcohol and I was talking American Airlines .

#366 4 years ago

What about people Laid off for two months just getting back to work. Companies may frown upon time off requests for people coming off quarantine. It’s a mess for sure. Looking at the maps I’m not thrilled about travel from a hot zone through the epicenter to another hot spot. I feel bad for the nice people at the Farmers Market . If schools are closed for the year I’d say that’s a very good barometer of PA allowing large gatherings in mid June. My 2 cents.

#367 4 years ago

My guess is the show will not happen in June but The York show will actually have a shot at going off as scheduled in Oct.

#368 4 years ago

Remember the half ass “November” version of Allentown that happened once or twice?

Could be time to drag that puppy out of mothballs!

#369 4 years ago

Checked the fairgrounds website - looks like the schedule has been cleared until 30 May, but there are several events still scheduled prior to Pinfest. Apparently many of the farmer's market stalls are open for customers.

The weekend after Pinfest they have classic vehicle drag racing - that could be a blast!

Looking at the maps I’m not thrilled about travel from a hot zone through the epicenter to another hot spot.

You've got a great point - the target audience of the show isn't the local community, it's everyone who travels in from here, there, and everywhere.

Ivan, if you see this I hope you were able to put in for a SBA EIDL Advance.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for Model H & Model S Skee Ball

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember the half ass “November” version of Allentown that happened once or twice?
    Could be time to drag that puppy out of mothballs!

I thought this was actually a good show. Much smaller, mostly flea market driven, but I found some really good stuff there. Got a WCS there for $1000 and it was really nice. Ah the good old days.

Chris

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I thought this was actually a good show. Much smaller, mostly flea market driven, but I found some really good stuff there. Got a WCS there for $1000 and it was really nice. Ah the good old days.
    Chris

what year was the fall show?

#372 4 years ago

The Farmers Market has been open. I'm assuming it falls under Supermarket guideline rules

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

what year was the fall show?

When it was at Merchant's Square, they had a fall show for 3 or 4 years I believe. I bought WCS in 2008 I think. It was the last year the show was at Merchant's Square, so I want to say the fall show would have been 204 - 2008?

Maybe Ivan or Brian Hein can confirm. I am old and forgetful.

Chris

#374 4 years ago

I just hope it happens. For me dosnt matter the date, I'll be there cash in hand to support the show. One of my favorite events of the year. Fingers crossed. Please, ivan don't pull the plug on this year unless you absolutely have to.

#375 4 years ago

A fall show would be nice, a pleasant drive down from Canada with the fall colours

#376 4 years ago

Was just scrolling through the phases of the re-opening guidelines. One of the 'Phase 1' directions for individuals specifically calls out Trade Shows that don't readily allow for social distancing as something to avoid. I don't know how that would look at an event like Pinfest. Data is here: https://www.scribd.com/document/456756096/White-House-guidelines-for-reopening-economy#from_embed ; look at the slide for individuals right after the big red 'Phase 1' slide.

Of course I have no idea if PA's governor will follow what is published.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Was just scrolling through the phases of the re-opening guidelines. One of the 'Phase 1' directions for individuals specifically calls out Trade Shows that don't readily allow for social distancing as something to avoid. I don't know how that would look at an event like Pinfest. Data is here: https://www.scribd.com/document/456756096/White-House-guidelines-for-reopening-economy#from_embed ; look at the slide for individuals right after the big red 'Phase 1' slide.
    Of course I have no idea if PA's governor will follow what is published.
    -Rob

How long is Phase 1?

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

How long is Phase 1?

It's very difficult to ascertain. Slide 2 is labeled "gating criteria" - it talks measurements that look for 14 day trends surrounding Symptoms, Cases, and Hospitals . Slide 10 says phase 2 is for regions with no evidence of a rebound and that satisfy the gating criteria a second time. Can the phase 1 and phase 2 '14 day trends' be based on data that overlaps or must the second gate be driven only by data collected once a state enters phase 1? I don't know. I don't think this is the thread to speculate - just wanted to call out the trade show reference because of the relevance to Allentown.

My room is booked at a refundable rate - I hope that doesn't count as 'hotel talk'.

Reference the fall show, is the York show the weekend immediately prior to Expo again this year?

-Rob

#379 4 years ago

Pinfest November only happened 2 years, nov 09 and nov 10 then Ivan took over May Allentown 2011, May Allentown was originally in that market that nov Allentown was at. I’ve been going to may Allentown every year since 2004 and it’s been at the fairgrounds, originally it was just the left side, then it grew to both sides

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

How long is Phase 1?

Sorry, every time I hear this phase 1, 2 and 3 talk, all I can think about is this South Park episode.

https://vimeo.com/79954057

#381 4 years ago

I was suppose to be in the middle of a 11 week cross country trip around May 1st so I gave up my flea market spaces for this year and I am sure glad I did. The trip never happened because of the Coronavirus mess but I would have hated to try and plan ahead for this show. At this point my biggest fear is that it gets "pushed back" until Fall and messes things up for York. That is if York even happens this year.

Ivan is in a "tough spot" with this years show because "logic" says do it as soon as possible to keep from having too many shows all at once later in the year. Yet you can't finalize things for a show until you know you will be able to have a show. I feel so sorry for Ivan and everyone else trying to figure out how to pull some of this stuff off. And even if the show can happen in June will people actually show up everything considered?

In any event best of luck to Ivan & his crew with this. I hope it can happen in June but it is looking more unlikely all the time. If it can't happen in June maybe the "best thing" would be to just try again for next year. On the other hand I hate to see any show cancelled - especially one of our local shows. Guess only time will tell!

#382 4 years ago

I spoke to Ivan last week and the Fairgrounds seems to be working with him with different dates. He is very much trying not to interfere with the York show dates. Mid-Summer was being looked at when I spoke with him but it could have changed.

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I spoke to Ivan last week and the Fairgrounds seems to be working with him with different dates. He is very much trying not to interfere with the York show dates. Mid-Summer was being looked at when I spoke with him but it could have changed.

Knowing Ivan and his great sense of business I am sure the last thing he wants to do is to do anything that would negatively impact the York Show. There would be no "logic" in having two shows less than 100 miles apart to close together as far at dates. So hopefully things work out that the Allentown Show can be far enough before the York Show to give people a chance to recover from one show before the next show happens.

Most sellers only have a limited inventory and most buyers only have a limited amount of money to spend. So Allentown & York being 6 months apart was perfect. But if it comes down to only a month or two between the two shows I think it will have a very negative impact on both shows likely hurting York the most. Regardless of what happens there will likely be plenty of freeplay machines but the buying & selling might be bad if the shows are not spaced out fairly well.

With this Coronavirus mess there are plenty of other things to worry about and Pinball Shows are likely not very high on peoples list of concerns but I feel sorry for the promoters of these shows this year. It is going to be tough on them regardless of how things work out. Hopefully in the end all will be good for everyone. Stay Safe!

#384 4 years ago

Hello Allentown pinfest 2020 fans!!?
    Im seeking 1 of these, PM me if your willing to sell

1) Gottlieb ----JACKS OPEN
    2) Williams---- HEAT WAVE
    3) Gottlieb ---- EL DORADO
    4) Gottlieb--- KINGS & QUEENS
    5) Zaccaria --- Various machines

Thank-you

#385 4 years ago

I just read PA's Governor released a red/yellow/green opening plan for counties/regions in the state. Presently the whole state is considered 'Red' meaning locked down. Going to yellow in a region requires less than 50 new cases per 100K of population for 14 consecutive days. The county has 368K residents so the ratio translates into less than 188 new cases. In yellow gatherings of more than 25 people are still not allowed so Pinfest needs the county to get to green.

Lehigh county has the 4th highest case count in the state. Their daily new cases chart (ref infection2020.com) shows a clear downward trend over the past two weeks - reduced from over 150 new cases per day two weeks ago to 50 new cases yesterday - and exceeded the 188 number with 190 cumulative new cases over just the last 4 days. In short, it's not ready for yellow yet. There are 7 weeks remaining to get healthy before the June date.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I just read PA's Governor released a red/yellow/green opening plan for counties/regions in the state. Presently the whole state is considered 'Red' meaning locked down. Going to yellow in a region requires less than 50 new cases per 100K of population for 14 consecutive days. The county has 368K residents so the ratio translates into less than 188 new cases. In yellow gatherings of more than 25 people are still not allowed so Pinfest needs the county to get to green.
    Lehigh county has the 4th highest case count in the state. Their daily new cases chart (ref infection2020.com) shows a clear downward trend over the past two weeks - reduced from over 150 new cases per day two weeks ago to 50 new cases yesterday - and exceeded the 188 number with 190 cumulative new cases over just the last 4 days. In short, it's not ready for yellow yet. There are 7 weeks remaining to get healthy before the June date.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

As much as it saddens me to think, I just don't see this happening in June. If anything I would think August or September would be the time when everything is happening again, and even then with new precautions.

Chris

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

It’s more than just about the health of Lehigh county and just as much about how many people travel to the show from the entire region. There is no way this show will happen in June. If it does, attendance would be awful. I don’t know what expenses have been incurred by the promoters, but hopefully not much and we can look forward to next year. I don’t see us attending this year, summer is very tough and September isn’t any better with kids going back to school. Like so many other things in life lately, disappointments keep building up.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It’s more than just about the health of Lehigh county and just as much about how many people travel to the show from the entire region.

Exactly, and what the infection rate is where THEY are coming from. Sorry, but I think the appetite for that kind of exposure is very low at this point. If the show does proceed, I suspect only the diehards will show up.

Only a year ago, I remember the look of amazement on so many faces when they saw a line wrapped around the parking lot to go in. Who would have thought we would be facing this a year later.

I hope we're not looking back at this time a year from now in the same way.

#389 4 years ago

If they move it to Georgia we could probably
    Do it this weekend.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It’s more than just about the health of Lehigh county and just as much about how many people travel to the show from the entire region. There is no way this show will happen in June. If it does, attendance would be awful. I don’t know what expenses have been incurred by the promoters, but hopefully not much and we can look forward to next year. I don’t see us attending this year, summer is very tough and September isn’t any better with kids going back to school. Like so many other things in life lately, disappointments keep building up.

A lot of expenses from the people who fill up the shows too. I got a credit for my Allentown hotel and my flight to Texas I got miles. It’s still cash tied up. I got totes of flea stuff all priced and stacked that are going to get dusty. Normally I’d be going to the store purchasing road snacks. This blows! Figures when gas is a buck and a quarter a gallon there is no show.
    Side note: Big shout out to Ivan for doing his best in these uncertain times.

#391 3 years ago

It was announced today in RI that there will be no large gatherings allowed this summer. I wonder if this will also happen in PA, and other states where shows are held. Sadly It's looking like 2020 is basically cancelled.

Going to miss attending the show this year, hanging out with a good group of guys, eating artery clogging goodness, and driving home hungover as hell (Actually haven't drank in months, world must be ending).

#392 3 years ago

Should be about half way to Allentown right now if things were normal. Probably my favorite weekend of the year.

#393 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Should be about half way to Allentown right now if things were normal. Probably my favorite weekend of the year.

Amen.

#394 3 years ago

Allentown is an annual rite of passage for pinheads. Unfortunately, not looking like there will be pinball shows this year. I finally conceded that and ordered playfield glass for my local glass company today!

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Allentown is an annual rite of passage for pinheads. Unfortunately, not looking like there will be pinball shows this year. I finally conceded that and ordered playfield glass for my local glass company today!

I have to agree with you. I have had my doubts about Allentown ever since this Corona mess hit but I am thinking all shows will likely be cancelled this year. From what I have been reading and seeing on the news everyone "in the know" expects a "second spike" in a few weeks after people get out again and then another "major spike" this Fall. So if you "fill in the blanks" 2020 is pretty much over.

At this point all we can hope for is they find medications that help the really sick people. Vaccine is likely at least 18 months away for the masses and that is if they can even come up with a vaccine. So this could be around for a good long while without some kind of a major breakthrough.

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Concede nothing
    Without proof
    There is no crime
    Without hope
    There is no show.

#397 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Concede nothing
    Without proof
    There is no crime
    Without hope
    There is no show.

Unless the Governor changes the guidelines a show in Allentown this year is likely going to be impossible. Before they allow anything to open case count has to be under 50 per 100,000 people in an area for 14 days (yellow phase) and that doesn't include opening stuff with social contact (large gatherings prohibited). Allentown area is like 5 times that or more right now.

To get to "green phase" will likely take months and by then we will likely start seeing the "Fall surge". Normally I am an optimistic person but I see no way mass public gatherings are going to happen in 2020. Hopefully I am wrong!

#398 3 years ago

Wish I was eating a Steak & cheese pretzel wrap right about now.

#399 3 years ago

And the customary rains are in full force. Guess mother nature didn't get the memo about the show being moved to a different date?

#400 3 years ago

Love those things along with the pepperoni and cheese.

Wish I was eating a Steak & cheese pretzel wrap right about now.

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.