(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.
    #301 4 years ago
    20200312_192848.jpg20200312_192848.jpg
    #302 4 years ago

Damn, i have a hotel reservation

#303 4 years ago

It's a pain for some people that made plans but better than being canceled.

#304 4 years ago

Maybe Ivan will make an official announcement.

#305 4 years ago

As a New Yorker - I'm going to pass on Pinfest this year. I'm not even sure if my company will be able to keep me employed at this point. I'm only here for 9 weeks....and we're already feeling some serious pain....ugh. I wish going to Pinfest was my only worry.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

So far so good but may be pushed back to mid June

Pinfest and Pintastic in the same month

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

what I don't sell in PA, I will bring to Ma. And if I buy any pins in PA, I will bring them to pintastic. Twice as much pinball for that month for me, I'm ok with it.

#308 4 years ago

Unfortunately this will probably be cancelled. Think about it. 1000 people sharing the same machines & other stuff. Probably not the best idea at this time?

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Sweet!

#310 4 years ago

Officially moved to June 12-13th.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Officially moved to June 12-13th.

Confirmed last night, Ivan will make it official. Better postpone than not taking place.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Confirmed last night, Ivan will make it official. Better postpone than not taking place.

I wish I could upvote this twice. I updated the event page here on Pinside. I’m sure that Ivan will update his site within a week.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I wish I could upvote this twice. I updated the event page here on Pinside. I’m sure that Ivan will update his site within a week.

I up voted for ya.

#314 4 years ago

Yeah baby!!! Fingers crossed.

#315 4 years ago

I'm in for the new dates.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#316 4 years ago

Called to move hotel reservations to the new dates, and the hotel manager let me know that there is a large lacrosse tournament in the area for the June dates. She said as there was no room to accommodate pinfest, she spoke to Ivan, that there might be another change in dates coming... :/

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Called to move hotel reservations to the new dates, and the hotel manager let me know that there is a large lacrosse tournament in the area for the June dates. She said as there was no room to accommodate pinfest, she spoke to Ivan, that there might be another change in dates coming... :/

I'm fine with a change of dates, just hope it's not cancelled completely.

#318 4 years ago

Hi
    plenty of rooms available myself and 1/2 dozen friends got rooms at the.old wingate which is now. holiday inn. there is also a holiday inn Express that has rooms just a little more pricey per night.

#319 4 years ago

Still looking for a Dungeons & Dragons. Let me know if you’ve got one!

#320 4 years ago

I anticipate everything before July will be cancelled.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Uh oh. I was wondering what was going to happen with the hotel reservations.

#322 4 years ago

Not sure we can make the new dates, but I got a room at the days inn by the airport.

#323 4 years ago

We just re booked for the new dates might get change again hope not

#324 4 years ago

Still looking for a Popeye or Maverick

#325 4 years ago

Looking for a lockdown bar for a Gottlieb System 80 Widebody (Black Hole, although all the other System 80/80a widebodies used the same one). Willing to pick up at Pinfest (if/when it happens), or have it shipped to me. PM me if you have one you'd part with.

SOLD!
    Parts - Wanted
    Wanted! - “Looking for a system 80 lockdown bar for my Black Hole project. Willing to pick up if in the southeast PA/North DE area, or will also pay to have it shipped to me. New or used, ...”
    2020-02-12
    Media, PA
    Wanted
    Archived after: 441 days
    Viewed: 284 times

#326 4 years ago

Rotisserie at Pinfest, every year I see somebody in the vendor area selling these and I never paid it any mind. I think I will need one for my HS swap. Does anyone know who it is and how much they are selling for?

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Rotisserie at Pinfest, every year I see somebody in the vendor area selling these and I never paid it any mind. I think I will need one for my HS swap. Does anyone know who it is and how much they are selling for?

You can build your own, there are many threads. I needed a basic one, built this recently for like $13

20200308_145323.jpg20200308_145323.jpg
    #328 4 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

You can build your own, there are many threads. I needed a basic one, built this recently for like $13[quoted image]

$13 and it came with a beer! Not too shabby.

#329 4 years ago

You can build your own, there are many threads. I needed a basic one, built this recently for like $13[quoted image]

Sure it works well

#330 4 years ago

Nice Pintastic beer glass in the Pinfest thread lol.

#331 4 years ago

Explain the “C” clamp. Is the 2x4 not fastened to the 4x4’s ? Seems a little “tippy”. Otherwise, I like it!

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Explain the “C” clamp. Is the 2x4 not fastened to the 4x4’s ? Seems a little “tippy”. Otherwise, I like it!

It breaks down for storage, the 2x4 is just floating in the middle, the railing pieces are attached. They unscrew, then I screw them to the 2x4 for storage. It's a very basic design, but I haven't ran into any issues while working on a populated pf. (And I've been working hard to get mylar glue off, nothing has fallen apart yet)

#333 4 years ago

I froze the mylar off of my HS.
    Had the mylar of in 15 min with 99 % of paint intact.
    Getting the glue off is very slow though. Used mostly alchohol and flour.

#334 4 years ago

That is very primitive but I like the cost. Thanks for sharing. i have done about 8 swaps so far. Early solid state Bally and Sterns. So haven't had the need for a rotisserie. In the beginning I made a box from 2 by 6 just slightly larger than the pf. I placed 1 by's on the inner frame to hold the pf flush while working on it and then flipped it over as needed. For wide bodies I just add longer wood at the 2 ends.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Alcohol and flour? Please elaborate!

#336 4 years ago

Oddly, the alcohol loosens the adhesive and it mixes with the adhesive. Then you clean off the mess.
    You should look at vid1900's " ultimate playfield restoration" thread

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Oddly, the alcohol loosens the adhesive and it mixes with the adhesive. Then you clean off the mess.
    You should look at vid1900's " ultimate playfield restoration" thread

Thanks! I would love to reads vids threads but they are sooo long, so many posts would take me forever to catch up on. You got lucky with your HS pf. Most of the time the artwork comes off with the Mylar. I scored an NOS HS pf years ago and had it professionally auto cleared. Some day I'll have time to swap it. I have 2 working HS's and one of them has a decent pf with Mylar lifting at the flipper return lanes and have been hesitant to remove it. So I picked up a Hardtop for it.

Another side note about these Wms non Diamond coat pf's. They are known for artwork issues. I can't remember the details but Kruzman wouldn't even touch my NOS to clear it.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Yup, alcohol and flour...then rub it crazy with your (gloved) hand, came right off. The Mylar on the Space Shuttle pf I'm doing was removed by someone else, but they must have gave up at that point and just left it.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Thanks! I would love to reads vids threads but they are sooo long, so many posts would take me forever to catch up on.

There’s no better time than a pandemic. Narrow the thread postings to just his and see if that helps.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

There’s no better time than a pandemic. Narrow the thread postings to just his and see if that helps.

Ok will try that. Luckily pandemic not affecting my job so far though.

#341 4 years ago

I have some games available for sale. All will go to Pinfest in June unless that gets rescheduled again.

Machine - For Trade
    Strange Science Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Located in Brick NJ 08723 Here is a really nice Bally Strange Science pinball machine. Works and plays 100% Game is set to free play. The Playfield was stripped, cleaned, pol...”
    2020-03-25
    Brick, NJ
    Trade
    Archived after: 10 days
    Viewed: 273 times

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Located in Brick NJ 08723 Here is a nice example of Gottlieb's Bone Busters. Game is complete, works and plays 100%. Set up for free play with a hidden switch. Playfield was st...”
    2020-03-25
    Brick, NJ
    Archived after: 26 days
    Viewed: 317 times
    Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Hi-Deal Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Located in Brick NJ 08723 This is a nice Bally Hi-Deal pinball machine. Don't see alot of this model for sale often. Everything plays 100%. Game is set up for free play. Cabin...”
    2020-03-26
    Brick, NJ
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 208 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#342 4 years ago

At this point I think
    York is the only show us East Coasters will have. Some reports say this virus won’t peak for another 6 weeks.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

At this point I think
    York is the only show us East Coasters will have. Some reports say this virus won’t peak for another 6 weeks.

Those reports are BS. I've done my own numbers and the avg time to peak infections is less than 22 days. "Flattening the curve" may extend it here in the US a bit but no way the peak is anywhere close to 6 weeks here. Reports last night said the numbers are actually slowing down where they thought they were going to double.

I'm a half glass full guy though.

virus.pdfvirus.pdf
    #344 4 years ago

I was stocking up for my booth at the Allentown show but now that it's postponed some games can start moving out.

Walking Dead premium, what's an apocalypse without a Walking Dead pinball machine? Undocumented home use only. I just cleaned it up, replaced some rubber, added new balls and a shooter lane protector. 
    Shaker motor and custom shooter rod is included and installed. 
    Only negative is one broken plastic that has been glued and the head decals are slightly peeling. I have new ones on order but with Stern shut down I have no idea when I'm going to get them. 
    Ramps, display, Playfield, cabinet all in really nice condition. 
    Price is $6,000. Price will be higher when I eventually get and install the head decals.

New still in the box Houdini pinball machine by American pinball! Feature packed game includes three magnets, two catapults, magic stage 7 balls, a large TV screen and much more. Comes with full warranty. This game when it first came out was over $7,000. I'm selling it for $5500.

Medieval Madness remake. One of the most popular games ever made! This is the classic edition just like Williams made. Excellent quality. Low play, home use only. Tons of great shots! Destroy the castle save the damsel! Comes with Shaker motor installed and invisiglass. Asking $7,500

Stern Munsters premium black and white premium. Brand new! Just like the old TV show this game is in black and white! Bash Herman, drag race with grandpa, the lower play field is Grandpa's lab. Clips from the show on the large TV screen. If you are fan, this game is for you! Asking $7300.

Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Pro Model. I unboxed this game myself it has less than 10 plays on it. Plastic protectors have been added along with a Shaker motor. Game looks and plays like it just came out of the box because it did! Great layout, bash Groot, has scoop and Rocket kickback, smooth ramps with clips from the movie on the screen! $5600

Stern Iron Maiden premium. All the songs that you love from the band! Egyptian themed make it blend very well for those who aren't a fan of the band. Great, fast shots. Home use only. Less than 50 plays on it. $6650

Shipping is available but tricky at the moment. Pilot air is requiring delivery directly to houses which costs more. Generally I can get any machine shipped directly to someone's house for about $400 if they are within a reasonable distance of a pilot air station. Please see their website for station locations.

Local pickup and delivery is possible but also tricky. I do deliver to hospitals and pharmacies so I would like to limit contact where possible. I can set up the used machines in my garage for you to inspect and when you're ready we can break it down and load it. New in box is even easier.

I should have a Stern Pirates of the Caribbean, and a HUO Last Action Hero by the time the show rolls around

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

New still in the box Houdini pinball machine by American pinball! Feature packed game includes three magnets, two catapults, magic stage 7 balls, a large TV screen and much more. Comes with full warranty. This game when it first came out was over $7,000. I'm selling it for $5500.

I think you captured it correctly in your market ad - you've got a NIB game listed at the same price as the two least-expensive used ones posted in the marketplace. Bump for what looks to me like a good deal!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

1 week later
    #346 4 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Those reports are BS. I've done my own numbers and the avg time to peak infections is less than 22 days. "Flattening the curve" may extend it here in the US a bit but no way the peak is anywhere close to 6 weeks here. Reports last night said the numbers are actually slowing down where they thought they were going to double.
    I'm a half glass full guy though.[quoted image]

2 weeks later, here we are . This sucks but I’m reevaluating 2020. Just think how lucky we are to have games at home. I did learn a valuable lesson: Never book non -refundable . I was promised a refund from AA, they lied. Fool me once....

#347 4 years ago

Unless they move the date even further back, the June date will NOT happen.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Unless they move the date even further back, the June date will NOT happen.

Gonna be close at best? Wonder how turnout will be if that date sticks?

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Gonna be close at best? Wonder how turnout will be if that date sticks?

I too am confident we're really close to the peak... but still given that, I just can't see PA state gov't allowing events like these to take place until maybe the end of the summer.

Like the previous poster mentioned, would there be a decent turnout? Million dollar question there.

I'm thinking it's kaput!

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I too am confident we're really close to the peak... but still given that, I just can't see PA state gov't allowing events like these to take place until maybe the end of the summer.
    Like the previous poster mentioned, would there be a decent turnout? Million dollar question there.
    I'm thinking it's kaput!

Agreed. They just announced all PA schools are closed the rest of the year.

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/7?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.