(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.
    #2151 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I bought a apron from him. Didn't get his name. We talked about the PF's, he got them in a group buy. I looked them over and was considering making an offer on all of them but the components on the underside were rusty and with his high asking price, I didn't want to insult him by offering $75 each.

Thanks... sounds like I didn't miss out on much. Not worth the effort to bring back a trashed playfield when you can find a better example for not much more.

#2152 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Anybody know which flea market vendor had the complete Bally playfields on Saturday? They were in the middle, facing away from the flea entrance. Had a Mata Hari and a few others.

If it was the guy in the back corner with heavy inventory, his prices were stupid. It pisses me off when nothing has a price, so you have to ask...then you can't not laugh when an absurd price is mentioned. I swear he didn't sell anything the entire day I was there. Didn't understand it at all. Kinda wanted to tell him to F off, it was that absurd.

I do want to add, basically everyone else had excellent prices.

#2153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

If it was the guy in the back corner with heavy inventory, his prices were stupid. It pisses me off when nothing has a price, so you have to ask...then you can't not laugh when an absurd price is mentioned. I swear he didn't sell anything the entire day I was there. Didn't understand it at all. Kinda wanted to tell him to F off, it was that absurd.

I know who that guy is. Crazy crazy prices. I bought something from him off of fb and negotiated for like a week to get to an okish price.. but it was painful and I vowed never to do it again.

#2154 2 years ago

No, wasn't that guy. Guess he didn't mind bringing them home.

Quoted from truemagoo102:

I know who that guy is. Crazy crazy prices. I bought something from him off of fb and negotiated for like a week to get to an okish price.. but it was painful and I vowed never to do it again.

Funny, I had the exact opposite experience. Maybe it's my fault.

#2155 2 years ago

As a 1st time vendor 6 spaces away that was Jeff Moorehead according to the Pinfest flea market map. Having been a spectator for many years, he brings the same collection of garbage every show, and I assume others. I walked thru that mess and honestly IMO half is dumpster material. In fact he was the reason every single little part in my spaces had a price clearly marked. I've dealt with him in the past on a project game and it wasn't good. I'll leave it at that.

#2156 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

As a 1st time vendor 6 spaces away that was Jeff Moorehead according to the Pinfest flea market map. Having been a spectator for many years, he brings the same collection of garbage every show, and I assume others. I walked thru that mess and honestly IMO half is dumpster material. In fact he was the reason every single little part in my spaces had a price clearly marked. I've dealt with him in the past on a project game and it wasn't good. I'll leave it at that.

I can usually find a few good parts I can use every year.

This year I snagged a DESW topper. At the last show, I found a nice set of classic stern gray legs, among other things.

#2157 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Anybody know which flea market vendor had the complete Bally playfields on Saturday? They were in the middle, facing away from the flea entrance. Had a Mata Hari and a few others.

He had prices marked high, but I think if you did offer something around 100-150 he would say yes. He didn't know what Allentown was until I told him about it. He is into pinball, but not active in communities. That was the $200 skateball seller.

#2158 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

There are good deals in there, you just need to know what parts are in the bins. I bought a jp gun handle for $100. I'd expect to pay up to $400 on pinside or ebay for one.

A number of his playfields sold on Thursday night. I grabbed a nice blackout for $135. Regretted not buying his sorcerer. By the time the show started it was just a lot of cavemans, black holes, and other wall art playfields. I bought blackout to put into a cabinet and use.

Looks like they only sold one full project game and that was dolly Parton. That title is getting more attention so that one was insta bought by someone.

#2159 2 years ago

I sorted through several of those milk crates and tubs. I found a 120v power wiring harness with switch box. I asked how much and was told $120. I asked if he do better and was told no. I walked away.

#2160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:I sorted through several of those milk crates and tubs. I found a 120v power wiring harness with switch box. I asked how much and was told $120. I asked if he do better and was told no. I walked away.

The switchbox is dirt cheap. $5

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-power-box.html

#2161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

I sorted through several of those milk crates and tubs. I found a 120v power wiring harness with switch box. I asked how much and was told $120. I asked if he do better and was told no. I walked away.

You're probably talking about the WPC95 powerbox and I got quoted something similar. It should have been a 30-40 piece.

#2162 2 years ago

Most of those semi-populated playfields that were left out in the rain numerous times were $100-$200 each. I was going to pick one up for parts, but I just couldn't do it.

#2163 2 years ago

I was going to purchase one just to experiment with playfield restoration techniques. Many of them were in very rough shape.

#2164 2 years ago

OH man...this seller was the one gripe I have at all with the Allentown show. He had a complete Fishtales topper...my eyes popped out of my head, as I am missing it on my game. Quoted price was $800 with no room to haggle, so I walked away. It looked a bit beat up too.

#2165 2 years ago

I found 2 things in his area i was interested in.
    I asked the price and just walked away.

#2166 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

OH man...this seller was the one gripe I have at all with the Allentown show. He had a complete Fishtales topper...my eyes popped out of my head, as I am missing it on my game. Quoted price was $800 with no room to haggle, so I walked away. It looked a bit beat up too.

His kid has it listed in a pinball Facebook group for $750 now, it was definitely ruff.

#2167 2 years ago

Yeah.. Everything was inflated. I asked a few prices and was shocked as they were more than normal prices with no haggling. Saw a lot of sour faces at this booth. I guess they wanted to haul all that stuff just to haul it home. Hmmm must be fun.

#2168 2 years ago
    Quoted from barakawins:

Yeah.. Everything was inflated. I asked a few prices and was shocked as they were more than normal prices with no haggling. Saw a lot of sour faces at this booth. I guess they wanted to haul all that stuff just to haul it home. Hmmm must be fun.

Yeah. I'd like to help him sell some stuff, but I usually ask, and just walk away. Was thinking about that "Space Mission" for someone I know who wants one, but no "meat on the bone" for me at his asking price.

#2169 2 years ago

How those playfields got to the show.

FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    #2170 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

How those playfields got to the show.
    [quoted image]

Nice. And the monsoon rain storm before the tornado warnings hit my cell Thursday never touched them.

#2171 2 years ago

It didnt matter by then.

#2172 2 years ago

We will probably get to see most of it again next year.

#2173 2 years ago

Did the $4300 ebd in the flea market sell?

#2174 2 years ago
    Quoted from barakawins:

I asked a few prices

Lucky you to find him. I know what he looks like, pity those who don't. Years ago I had to ask 8 strangers "Is this your stuff?".

#2175 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Not when I left at 2:00 on Saturday. Was within view of my spaces.

#2176 2 years ago

One thing to keep in mind Jeff Moorehead does this for his livelihood. Not like most of us that sell in the flea market. I have sold at Allentown for over 20 years and York 10 years and it’s not easy to obtain enough machines to fill my trailer and then work setting up flea market spaces and baby sitting merchandise for three days. I can’t fathom bringing the load of machines and parts he does. I know people don’t like he doesn’t price anything.

Jon Owens had the EBD directly across from me. The machine did sell.

#2177 2 years ago

The Allentown show is by far one of the biggest in the world That’s why will be great have 2 of them a year. The other should be at the begging of March when is not more snow. Will be really great. After hibernation we can have a show!!!!!!

#2178 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

It had a sold sign placed on it later in the day Saturday. No idea what it sold for.

#2179 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I only use Comets in my games. If it ain't broke, etc.

Same here. It has been my experience that all LEDs of the socket type are good, but with certain brands I have had as many as 10% of the wedge type bad straight out of the bag. The exception to that has been C

Quoted from Santis:

The Allentown show is by far one of the biggest in the world That’s why will be great have 2 of them a year. The other should be at the begging of March when is not more snow. Will be really great. After hibernation we can have a show!!!!!!

York is in October, normally 6. Months after Allentown usually in May. They make a great duo. Going to bring one of my little ones for 1 day. But Allentown is the big one for me.

#2180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

That one I can't blame them for. I sold a Fish Tales topper for $500. 10 years ago.

They are certainly worth $800 now to the right person.

#2181 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That one I can't blame them for. I sold a Fish Tales topper for $500. 10 years ago.
    They are certainly worth $800 now to the right person.

Toppers are big money these days. Good luck trying to find a whitewater or fishtales topper for cheap unfortunately.

#2182 2 years ago

I felt kinda bad about that topper sale, cause the buyer - a retailer who obviously needed it so he could sell a FIsh Tales for a retail price - was begging me for at least free shipping but morally and ethically I just couldn't bend to his will.

I'm like dude, I'm really sorry but if you are willing to pay $500 for a plastic and rubber fish, you'll obviously pay $40 to ship it. It just has to be this way.

He paid up. But he wasn't happy about it!

#2183 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He paid up. But he wasn't happy about it!

Nobody is typically happy about having to pay shipping.

Amazon spoiled us all.

#2184 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

You have to look deep under the rubbish. I found a few nos parts for a high speed diverter and a few other goodies. I love going through the old op toolboxes he has sometimes.

#2185 2 years ago

I too like digging through and came out with a spotless (after cleaning) system 11B MPU I mean it is prestine and never worked on… His son was asking 130 got it for 110. Wish I had bought more boards he had several Sys 11’s and WPC drivers…

#2186 2 years ago

Does anyone have Jeff’s contact info? I don’t do Facebook…

#2187 2 years ago

Is $110 for an untested mpu a good price?

#2188 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Depends on the MPU. Sometimes it can be worth it for one without any battery damage. Usually, it wouldn't take more than a few dollars in components to get a clean board working again.

#2189 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Looking for a completely trashed MPU @ $20

1 week later
    #2190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

I too like digging through and came out with a spotless (after cleaning) system 11B MPU I mean it is prestine and never worked on… His son was asking 130 got it for 110. Wish I had bought more boards he had several Sys 11’s and WPC drivers…

Damn I missed those! I need an 11B too. Just ordered one from @dumbass.

I'm 99% sure he's rocketlandvintage on eBay. Try contacting that way.

#2191 2 years ago

Yes $110 is a great deal for a spotless never worked on system 11 board! Try to find one not an easy undertaking. I tested all transistors all original and not one bad one that’s a good start

#2192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm 99% sure he's rocketlandvintage on eBay. Try contacting that way.

Thanks I’ll give it a try…

#2193 2 years ago

Someone was going to do a trade with me for a game plan mpu. Hit me up if you see this.

1 month later
    #2194 2 years ago

Anyone got a date for 2022? Personally I’m not a fan of heat and humidity. Glad we had the show this year but hoping it goes back to the beginning of May.

#2195 2 years ago

I’m hoping it goes back to the normal time just because I don’t want to wait a whole year to go again.

2 weeks later
    #2196 2 years ago

I re themed a 1972 Jublee electromechanical machine with lots of help. Now it's a Five Alarm by the way I'm a firefighter what do you think.

20210313_152705 (resized).jpg20210313_152705 (resized).jpg20210313_152722 (resized).jpg20210313_152722 (resized).jpg20210313_152734 (resized).jpg20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    #2197 2 years ago

Beautiful Job!

#2198 2 years ago

Helluva lot better than a Jubilee!!

#2199 2 years ago

Nice work

#2200 2 years ago

Sweet

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/44?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.