(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 45.
    #2101 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That Farmers Market is amazing. Was telling my wife about it today. Might make a road trip with a couple of coolers just to go there.

We did. Nom.nom.nom.

#2102 2 years ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

Previous years I attended the event for one day but this year was my first time bringing games for free play and staying the entire weekend. I brought the Police Force and Sorcerer that were next to one another and fully expected and was ready for issues to happen. About half way through the day Friday I came across both machines turned off and sure enough they both had a minor issue. I was happy someone turned them off so things didn’t get worse but my phone number was posted and I would have also appreciated a message saying that the machines were currently down.
    But anyway, it felt great walking by my machines getting played and watching others enjoying the hard work I put into them. If you played either machine during the event I do hope you enjoyed it, Police Force seemed to be a hit ending up with 404 plays for the two days.
    I look forward to sharing more of my games with everyone again next year!
    [quoted image]

That police force was in very nice shape! It had been several years since I played one. Thanks for brining it!

#2103 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbt:

That police force was in very nice shape! It had been several years since I played one. Thanks for brining it!

One of the best games at the show.. agreed, I had a great time playing it also.

#2104 2 years ago

The Radical! was playing great as well.
    If the owner of it sees this and is interested in selling shoot me a PM!

#2105 2 years ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

Previous years I attended the event for one day but this year was my first time bringing games for free play and staying the entire weekend. I brought the Police Force and Sorcerer that were next to one another and fully expected and was ready for issues to happen. About half way through the day Friday I came across both machines turned off and sure enough they both had a minor issue. I was happy someone turned them off so things didn’t get worse but my phone number was posted and I would have also appreciated a message saying that the machines were currently down.
    But anyway, it felt great walking by my machines getting played and watching others enjoying the hard work I put into them. If you played either machine during the event I do hope you enjoyed it, Police Force seemed to be a hit ending up with 404 plays for the two days.
    I look forward to sharing more of my games with everyone again next year!
    [quoted image]

Yours was a great looking game. Played flawlessly - thanks for bringing both games to PinFest!

#2106 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Ate a pretzel cheesesteak saw old friends, made new friends

I enjoyed those home made brownies, seems to be a tradition

#2107 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Same topic every year...
    1 - People having expectations of flawless games need to get over it. People are bringing pins to both play and sell. This is not a concours d'elegance
    2 - They are pins, they break. Especially after moving
    3 - They are pins, they break after alot of play. Most games at home are not hardened to survive lots of sustained play like a true route warrior. We shouldn't expect only route-ready games at a show
    4 - Even hardened pins love to flex and break on the owners. Not always in ways that are readily repairable either
    5 - More often then not, a game you see broke now, will be working later.
    I'd love every person complaining about game quality to invite 50 people over and see if no one finds anything not perfect in their games, or make it through the evening without opening the game. We should all know that 'everything was working before...' means nothing to it always working.
    I was there Thurs and Fri and I never saw anything I would consider a graveyard or games just plopped down. Some had issues, they always do.. but overall they were what I would normally expect.
    Most people wouldn't bring a junker just to get free admission... hauling a game isn't worth $40 to anyone with a clue. What people often don't see is that one broken game they see is the 4th or 5th game the owner brought and maybe it's not perfect, but it's good enough to show off and hope someone wants it.
    Free play was fine this year - it was actually more full then I was worried it could be due to pandemic year.
    My concern was less homebrews seen... and less 1993-Now games then you'd normally see.

Perhaps SS pins, but there w

Quoted from grantopia:

Agreed! Alot of people don't factor in the power situation as well. You get that many games on the same circuits you're going to inevitably get voltage drop off somewhere and run into weak flippers, bad displays, etc...see it at practically every show I go to. Just comes with the territory of doing shows in places that weren't designed to run 200 games all day.

Apparently you boys don't play many EMs... and I wouldn't complain if it was just the power... I bring one or more pins every year to both York and Allentown, and have been doing it for years. And yeah, there are always a slew of EM games that play like crap... dirty, barely functioning; these are basically project games that have no place on the free play area IMO.

#2108 2 years ago

I must say I had the hot wings from that Dans chicken place (i think it was called, they had a sitting area and sold food ala cart) in the farmers market. Needless to say I am highly considering driving 2 hours just to get wings in the near future. The flavor of the hot sauce and type of wings reminded me of a local place called Marcellos that used to make them exactly that way. Delicious!

#2109 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

That was mine and it sold. It has a new home at Timeline arcade.

#2110 2 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

They were, however now I have to worry about my upcoming test.

#2111 2 years ago

A few of the standout games to me were:
    EM: Jolly Ride (Played Awesome)
    Early SS: Police Force (played beautiful and looked even better)
    DMD: The Standard DMD Maverick in the front line. Played great! What a fun game.

Brought a big bundle of cash with the hopes of finding the right game for me and just didn't. Bought a bunch of parts instead and had a blast.

You want to know one thing I also didn't buy, sell, or trade? This thing. And thank god. I was kind of worried coming away from this weekend with a sore throat (ostensibly from just yelling and not sleeping for 3 days straight) but felt like I must have been coming down with something. All good on this front. Temperature check for how we're all feeling (pun intended)?

IMG_3225 (resized).jpgIMG_3225 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    #2112 2 years ago

Wonder if there was any standard pinball glass left over? I could really use a sheet or two yet

#2113 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You picked up two games, right?
    Post some pix of those beauties!

Still swollen up from the hornet attack, Benadryl makes me

Quoted from ckcsm:

Thanks, yup I bring them for old friends and new friends .

#2114 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

A few of the standout games to me were:
    EM: Jolly Ride (Played Awesome)

Well you just made my day, glad you enjoyed it!

#2115 2 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Wonder if there was any standard pinball glass left over? I could really use a sheet or two yet

I saw some late Saturday, reach out to Ivan on the FB Pinfest site.

#2116 2 years ago

Next years Schwinn bike I’ll be cruising around during Pinfest.

04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpegC1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpegC1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    #2117 2 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I had one of those as a kid! Same color, too!

Until the neighborhood bullies beat me up and stole it.

Heeeeey....where'd you grow up???

#2118 2 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Manta Ray!

#2119 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now we know!

#2120 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fce74c19b3df433aa0456c69bab03efb41e2ba0b-1628206224-1800"};
    //]]>

Maybe I can help. I can bring this to the next show.

20210802_124720 (resized).jpg20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    #2121 2 years ago

I didnt have a schwinn but my bike did have that 6 foot sissy bar.

#2122 2 years ago

Easy to wheelie with that bar. I used to wheelie on my ten speed with the drop down handlebars.
    Yeah, I did!

#2123 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

We just got home from playing it. It's at Timeline Arcade in York. They said they picked it up there.

#2124 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Maybe I can help. I can bring this to the next show.
    [quoted image]

If you can pop a tall red flag on the back of the seat, some pink tassels on the handlebars, and one of those cool circular bicycle bells on the front, I'm in.

#2125 2 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I still have like 25 new sheets if you’re ever down my way. Or I can bring some to the York Show.

#2126 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"107c9c987d3f44f069e946b1ee8303ab27ff30bc-1628219611-1800"};
    //]]>

Wonder if the douchebag’s that did it had offspring that needed an Escalara.

#2127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I still have like 25 new sheets if you’re ever down my way. Or I can bring some to the York Show.

I sent you a message, because closer to York show I may not be able to remember what thread you posted in. I would be interested in a couple sheets at the York show.

#2128 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you can pop a tall red flag on the back of the seat, some pink tassels on the handlebars, and one of those cool circular bicycle bells on the front, I'm in.

You got it!

#2129 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You picked up two games, right?
    Post some pix of those beauties!

Here you go. Nice late EM wedgeheads really good titles.

84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    #2130 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Bank Shot has such a great history.

It's briefly referenced here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roger-sharpe-footage-of-the-day-he-saved-pinball

#2131 2 years ago

Saw Mr. Sharpe at the inaugural Pintastic show in Sturbridge, MA.
    He was playing the replay version "Sure Shot". I walked over, and started playing the game to his right. I waited for his ball to drain, then said in a hushed voice "I bet he can't make that center lane shot". He couldn't help but break out in a sly grin, and damned if he didn't make it!

#2132 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Saw Mr. Sharpe at the inaugural Pintastic show on Sturbridge, MA.
    He was playing the replay version "Sure Shot". I walked over, and started playing the game to his right. I waited for his ball to drain, then said in a hushed voice "I bet he can't make that center lane shot". He couldn't help but break out in a sly grin, and damned if he didn't make it!

Great story. He is such a titan in pinball. His book is very good.

#2133 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That Farmers Market is amazing. Was telling my wife about it today. Might make a road trip with a couple of coolers just to go there.

We just did this on Saturday. I was away last weekend for the show, but reading all the posts and seeing all the photos had me craving some Cheese steak Pretzel wraps. I loaded up 2 coolers with fresh meat: ribs, pork chops, speciality burgers, some deserts from the bakery, and 8 pretzel wraps to go. This morning I got up at 5AM so the ribs would be ready for lunch.

Still wish I was there with everyone last week, but the food made up for it.

#2134 2 years ago
    Quoted from sp005:

We just did this on Saturday. I was away last weekend for the show, but reading all the posts and seeing all the photos had me craving some Cheese steak Pretzel wraps. I loaded up 2 coolers with fresh meat: ribs, pork chops, speciality burgers, some deserts from the bakery, and 8 pretzel wraps to go. This morning I got up at 5AM so the ribs would be ready for lunch.
    Still wish I was there with everyone last week, but the food made up for it.

I'm sorry, but that's badass. This is boss level stuff.

#2135 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bound to keep getting better every year.
    LTG : )

Agreed Lloyd!!

#2136 2 years ago

Who was selling all the leds and rubber rings on the tables at the entrance to the indoor flea section? Thx

#2137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Who was selling all the leds and rubber rings on the tables at the entrance to the indoor flea section? Thx

Tilt.

#2138 2 years ago

I think they were the ones selling a full red solo cup full of LEDs for $80. Did anyone actually check to see if that is a better deal than say Cointakers bulk bag?

#2139 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I think they were the ones selling a full red solo cup full of LEDs for $80. Did anyone actually check to see if that is a better deal than say Cointakers bulk bag?

One of my buddies claimed to have done the math and for the non ghosting LEDs he said it was a good deal. I was too lazy to actually verify that though so take it for what it's worth ha.

#2140 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Quoted from grantopia:

One of my buddies claimed to have done the math and for the non ghosting LEDs he said it was a good deal. I was too lazy to actually verify that though so take it for what it's worth ha.

That was Lights out Pinball and their bulbs.

Your mileage may vary but you generally get what you pay for when it comes to LEDs.

#2141 2 years ago

an awkward name if you are selling bulbs

#2142 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That was Lights out Pinball and their bulbs.
    Your mileage may vary but you generally get what you pay for when it comes to LEDs.

I only use Comets in my games. If it ain't broke, etc.

#2143 2 years ago

I've always used and been happy with Cointaker's LEDs. Never bothered to try anyone else.

#2144 2 years ago

My only issue with CT is the fitment with some of their lamps. I have some retro #44 lamps that will not screw in and lock into the new sockets, so they are basically wasted. I have some of their frosted LED and they fit fine. They made a vast improvement on the 555 by adding contacts on all 4 connections but they are still super tight to install in the old Bally 555 sockets. Not as bad with the twisted sockets but still need a lot of force to seat them in.

I haven't tried anyone else's 555 lamps yet.

#2145 2 years ago

Almost forgot! Best part of the show....free swag!!

63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    #2146 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I'm assuming my Bank Shot is playing well.

#2147 2 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

Long shot, but ...
    Does anyone have any Orbitor 1 parts they're looking to sell ... mainly metal stuff under the plastic playfield. Also looking for the plastic translite and translite bubble cover.

Feel free to MMAO here instead:

ebay.com link: itm

#2148 2 years ago

Anybody know which flea market vendor had the complete Bally playfields on Saturday? They were in the middle, facing away from the flea entrance. Had a Mata Hari and a few others.

#2149 2 years ago

Hot off the press: The Classic Pinball Podcast covers our adventures at Allentown PINFEST 2021

https://podbay.fm/p/the-classic-pinball-podcast/e/1629194963

Available on Apple Itunes and other podcast services as well

#2150 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Anybody know which flea market vendor had the complete Bally playfields on Saturday? They were in the middle, facing away from the flea entrance. Had a Mata Hari and a few others.

I bought a apron from him. Didn't get his name. We talked about the PF's, he got them in a group buy. I looked them over and was considering making an offer on all of them but the components on the underside were rusty and with his high asking price, I didn't want to insult him by offering $75 each.

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/43?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.