(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.
    #1951 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Anyone buy the csi that was there?

I didn’t play it myself, because I’ve owned own, but that CSI looked fantastic. I highly recommend CSI to anyone on the fence. It’s really cool. And talk about rare, there’s like 350 of them in all the world.

#1952 2 years ago
    Quoted from Santis:I also got that card on my game. What a low lifer must be to put his card in someone else machine and in the show. I wish I could catch him to let him know in his face. ( I don’t do that business but He must do not do business whit my game)

Now that’s interesting. I kept seeing that card and thinking. “Damn, this dude brought aLOT of games!”. What a douche!

#1953 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Same happened to me waiting to play Stranger Things. I wasn’t even next in line but someone was blowing it up and I just moved along.

Wait are you talking about a crop dusting experience at Pinfest. I personally haven’t really experienced that yet however I’ve read the scary but true stories.

#1954 2 years ago

I didn’t play it myself, because I’ve owned own, but that CSI looked fantastic. I highly recommend CSI to anyone on the fence. It’s really cool. And talk about rare, there’s like 350 of them in all the world.

I woulda made an offer but he had a price of 5400 on it. It was a nice game but shooter lane (some dont care/I do) told a tale of 10k plus plays if not many more. Wanted to offer 3. To 3.5 but didnt want to insult anyone . If your out there and it's not an insult hit me up and I'll come pick it up today or tomorrow.

#1955 2 years ago

Well crap.

In the outside flea market area, I purchased a coin door for my Atari cabinet. Had them hold it so I didn't have to lug it back to my truck until i left, and OF COURSE I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT

Well, I guess I donated $15. LOL

Chris

#1956 2 years ago

Whoever brought the Rick and Morty I thank you. I really wanted a chance to play it and glad I did.

#1957 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Uhhh, well he shouldn’t be too hard to get in touch with.

Haha yeah. If only there was some way to contact him!

#1958 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Whoever brought the Rick and Morty I thank you. I really wanted a chance to play it and glad I did.

You are most welcome. Glad you liked it.

#1959 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You are most welcome. Glad you liked it.

I was ready to give you my kidney.....

#1960 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

I was ready to give you my kidney.....

It must be a matched set.

#1961 2 years ago

That was Joe at Wide Area Repair. I thought the centrifuge had issues. Seemed to keep phantom scoring. He really wanted to move it though. Even considered retheming it. Anyone who wants it should just give him a call. He was awesome! I saw him in the parking lot and asked a question when I first got there and he was super helpful. Then every time I saw him after that at the show he was really nice and always talked to me! Great guy.

#1962 2 years ago

The Dancing Lady was a beaut too.

Thanks. Sorry it was a bit balky on Friday, but it was just too crowded to pull it out and repair it. Straightned it out on Saturday morning. It plays much faster at home. AC is a little lacking at the show when everything is running.

#1963 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Well crap.
    In the outside flea market area, I purchased a coin door for my Atari cabinet. Had them hold it so I didn't have to lug it back to my truck until i left, and OF COURSE I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT
    Well, I guess I donated $15. LOL
    Chris

Coin Door has been found thanks to some great Pinsiders!

Thanks PinCoin!

Chris

#1964 2 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I'm not much of a complainer, but something has to be said, to the @$% wipe who put his business cards on machines advertising pinball machine rentals GTFO of here, low class, especially when you put it on a machine owned by someone who does the same thing.

Yeah ban that mFer. Started sometime late friday

#1965 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I woulda made an offer but he had a price of 5400 on it. It was a nice game but shooter lane (some dont care/I do) told a tale of 10k plus plays if not many more. Wanted to offer 3. To 3.5 but didnt want to insult anyone . If your out there and it's not an insult hit me up.

I think there were even two CSI playfields for sale at the Marco booth!

#1966 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I think there were even two CSI playfields for sale at the Marco booth!

Missed those! The show was pretty overwhelming as I havnt really been out in so long...
    On another note I felt like an outcast at first because it seemed like I was the only one wearing a mask when the show opened. Almost took it off to fit in but was ok once I saw a couple others.

#1967 2 years ago

Where were all the Woodrails? Isn't there usually "Woodrail Row"? or is that at York?

#1968 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Where were all the Woodrails? Isn't there usually "Woodrail Row"? or is that at York?

York

#1969 2 years ago

What do we think folks? Same time and place next weekend? I don't want to wait a year.

#1970 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see how we all feel in a week. This was a true test for all the upcoming shows.

#1971 2 years ago

Made out like a bandit. Got my wall hangers, traded for a Sorcerer, and Rick and Morty was rock solid and got 519 plays. Was shocked no-one bought by El Dorado at 2017 prices. Have someone local picking it up this weekend.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

NICE pickup man, that Sorcerer was phenomenal

#1972 2 years ago

Made out like a bandit. Got my wall hangers, traded for a Sorcerer, and Rick and Morty was rock solid and got 519 plays. Was shocked no-one bought by El Dorado at 2017 prices. Have someone local picking it up this weekend.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Great meeting you bud. Gotta get Black Knight set up now!

#1973 2 years ago

Price drop $2500 Black Knight bump pickup at Pinfest only. New backglass and mostly modern repro boards in the back. Rock solid!
    [quoted image]

Very nice BK.

#1974 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryansherwood:

Didn’t see surfer. Did it sell before doors or just only coming Saturday?

A guy came by on Friday morning and bought it. I saw it set up in the tournament area a little later in the day. Not sure if it was there on Saturday. Thanks for coming by.

#1975 2 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Someone got a $750 Fathom!

I will take all the abuse in the world for "going to the dark side" because those who know me know I'm an EM guy. I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time.

#1976 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I will take all the abuse in the world for "going to the dark side" because those who know me know I'm an EM guy. I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time.

Congratulations. Post some photos of your Fathom.

#1977 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I woulda made an offer but he had a price of 5400 on it. It was a nice game but shooter lane (some dont care/I do) told a tale of 10k plus plays if not many more. Wanted to offer 3. To 3.5 but didnt want to insult anyone . If your out there and it's not an insult hit me up and I'll come pick it up today or tomorrow.

You’re right on. IMO CSI will always be a $3,300 game. It was when I bought mine and it was when I sold it a few years later. Now it’s a few years later still, and $3,300 feels about right. But in a world where pinball prices have gotten stupid - and people think RBION and 24 are worth as much as XMEN LE and Avengers LE - all bets are off.

I absolutely think we’re in a pandemic fueled price bubble. And it’s already starting to wear off, but only a little. I think some folks will be surprised when their average game actually goes down in value from what they paid.

#1978 2 years ago

Anybody know who makes the wooden half circle and scissors jack combo to help you put a pin on its back legs by yourself? There was one for sale for $100 on Sat but I hesitated and then it was gone...I got to thinking what a big help that would be to have!

#1979 2 years ago

A guy came by on Friday morning and bought it. I saw it set up in the tournament area a little later in the day. Not sure if it was there on Saturday. Thanks for coming by.

Ah darn. I saw it in the tournament area and figured there was a good chance it was the same one. Unfortunately didn't play in the tourney this year so I didn't get to play it but I recognize your name on cards every year and your games always play really great. I think there was a year or two or a combo of allentown and york where you brought a really nice Bristol Hills and I just couldn't stop playing it. I'll grab something off you one of these years.

#1980 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Anybody know who makes the wooden half circle and scissors jack combo to help you put a pin on its back legs by yourself? There was one for sale for $100 on Sat but I hesitated and then it was gone...I got to thinking what a big help that would be to have! I snooze and I losed!

#1981 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Anybody know who makes the wooden half circle and scissors jack combo to help you put a pin on its back legs by yourself? There was one for sale for $100 on Sat but I hesitated and then it was gone...I got to thinking what a big help that would be to have!

DeepRoot?

#1982 2 years ago

You’re right on. IMO CSI will always be a $3,300 game. It was when I bought mine and it was when I sold it a few years later. Now it’s a few years later still, and $3,300 feels about right. But in a world where pinball prices have gotten stupid - and people think RBION and 24 are worth as much as XMEN LE and Avengers LE - all bets are off.
    I absolutely think we’re in a pandemic fueled price bubble. And it’s already starting to wear off, but only a little. I think some folks will be surprised when their average game actually goes down in value from what they paid.

RBION was shit on in the RGP days. It’s a fun game and “to me” I value it more than xmen and for sure Avengers.

#1983 2 years ago

There was a medusa that said $900 with a giant sold written over the card. Not really sure of that was real or just a joke

#1984 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:There was a medusa that said $900 with a giant sold written over the card. Not really sure of that was real or just a joke

Quoted from zacaj:
    Someone got a $900 working Medusa too

Turns out that’s not true. It was a prank, not $900.

#1985 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Joe Miller. "cyroute" on Pinside.

#1986 2 years ago

You've had "dark side" tendencies for a while now. You need intervention!

#1987 2 years ago

I bought a city slicker from Al Savary which he said used to be Cliff Alberts.. It looks nice next to nine ball and demo man on steroids!

Hope you all had an opportunity to play it while it was on the free play floor.

Also, Joe Newhart and the crew from PinballStar, and the Spooky kids absolutely were a game changer for the show.

Without them the show would have been a much less interesting experience. Thank you guys for bringing ultraman (despite being sold out), and two GNRLEs and two hot wheels.

Usually marco brings games, but didn’t.. and the games Cointaker brought were all Pros which is nice but us spoiled operators have played all those!

PinballStar rocks! (I also had to buy one of those sweet GNR banners)

#1988 2 years ago

Overall it was a good show. Bought too much, didn't sell much.

Happy to have come, but if I am a vendor again it would be more of a promotional display about my product lines.

#1989 2 years ago

Jolly Ride undergoing surgery after the end of show glass crash. I'm such a dumbass! Ahh, still had a great time!

16278526058328757018949990441051 (resized).jpg16278526058328757018949990441051 (resized).jpg16278526432196079415703363745263 (resized).jpg16278526432196079415703363745263 (resized).jpg
    #1990 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You've had "dark side" tendencies for a while now. You need intervention!

Hope he brings it to next years show, all shopped - you just might have to give it a try...

#1991 2 years ago

This was my second time as a vendor, but the first time actually bringing some pins for sale. I now have a new appreciation for everyone who is a part of this amazing show.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the help that was given to me at the show. From the loaning of extension cords and pinball dollies, to all around maintenance issues I couldn't fix myself.

Pinball is awesome ... but the people I have met over the past 3 years in the pinball community have made it even better.

Special shout outs to Jiggly_Martian and zlorya

#1992 2 years ago

Thanks Ivan and crew for another great show! Had a great time meeting new people and hanging with familiar friends. Shout out to Tom and John from up Mass. who were so kind with their beers in the parking lot! Thanks Noah for bringing home my Heavy Metal Meltdown and Happy Birthday! Great meeting up with Bill, Brian, Paul and Germain. Sorry Colson I hurried you into the show thinking I'd run into you again. Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to buy one of my shirts!20210723_095854 (resized).jpg20210723_095854 (resized).jpg

#1993 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I bought a city slicker from Al Savary which he said used to be Cliff Alberts.. It looks nice next to nine ball and demo man on steroids!
    Also, Joe Newhart and the crew from PinballStar, and the Spooky kids absolutely were a game changer for the show.
    Without them the show would have been a much less interesting experience. Thank you guys for bringing ultraman (despite being sold out), and two GNRLEs and two hot wheels.
    Usually marco brings games, but didn’t.. and the games Cointaker brought were all Pros which is nice but us spoiled operators have played all those!

knockerlover I sold that game to Cliff glad it has seen many hands lots of people have got to play that game not many around! I also sold him at heavy metal meltdown I almost bought the one at the show I love that game too!
    Joe

#1994 2 years ago

My girlfriend had an excellent time She was the lady with the highstand walker. Coming from Rockville Md 185 mile trip. She has stage 4 breast cancer and kidney failure. We have been previously without major health issues. Even managed to take her to the farmers market going down the hill in the market was an adventure. Hopefully will be at York In October. Thanks again Ivan and the fans for being accomidating

#1995 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I think I talked to you as you wheeled it out! (Maybe) there were 2 city Slicker’s there. I need someone to scan that backglass so I can get a translite made. Mine came without one.

Who had the project cowpoke? A family member just reached out and talked about playing one as a kid. I’d like to get one they can play to relive those memories. They don’t want to own it as they’ve been to my shop and seen how much it takes to keep games running

#1996 2 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Hope he brings it to next years show, all shopped - you just might have to give it a try...

Oh, heck yeah! I'd go to the "dark side" for that game!

#1997 2 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

This was my second time as a vendor, but the first time actually bringing some pins for sale. I now have a new appreciation for everyone who is a part of this amazing show.
    I can't thank everyone enough for all the help that was given to me at the show. From the loaning of extension cords and pinball dollies, to all around maintenance issues I couldn't fix myself.
    Pinball is awesome ... but the people I have met over the past 3 years in the pinball community have made it even better.
    Special shout outs to Jiggly_Martian and zlorya

No doubt. Pinball people are the best!

#1998 2 years ago

We played at least 6 beautifullly restored wood rails on Friday. Thanks to who ever brought them!!!!

Quoted from poppapin:

#1999 2 years ago

Don O’s Old Chicago played beautiful. I only got a few games on it, but it was great. Thanks for all your hard work.
    I thought everything went well considering coming off COVID. Thanks to all involved and I will be back.

#2000 2 years ago

I saw lots of parents/children. My favorite was a dad in his 80's with his daughter who was in her 50s. Very adorable to see them still bonding over pinball

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/40?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.