(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 45.
    #601 3 years ago

Anyone know if the White Rose Show in York PA. is still a go for 2021?

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Anyone know if the White Rose Show in York PA. is still a go for 2021?

According to website-YES
    http://www.theyorkshow.com/

#603 3 years ago

Thank You poppapin!

#604 3 years ago

Hi all, just got an email from someone looking for something seen at a previous show. I thought this could be fun so let me share and see if we can help them out.
    The story goes, I saw a game on a table that I think I really like but couldn’t afford. I’m thinking that if you saw it on a table it was likely some kind of bagatelle I guess. It was described as a brain with women’s private part. Title said “on my mind” she saw it either 2018 or 19. I’m curious so I thought I’d share and see if we can bring these two together. Someone wants to purchase this for the lady.

Thank you very much for any info that helps,

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Hi all, just got an email from someone looking for something seen at a previous show.

Probably something in the flea market. You might be able to narrow things down if she can remember where the table was. That could help identify the vendor.

#606 3 years ago

Turns out I completely misunderstood, they’re talking about a pin you can wear. Sorry for the confusion

#607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Hello everyone, just a heads up and perhaps some opinion from you if you like. I’ve already scraped May as I’m not seeing that happen. I am however encouraged by some recent speculation that is being suggested by some authorities. I’ve talked with venue management about alternative dates. I have the last week of July and first week of August available. I’m leaning toward July. The reason being is there is a monster event that starts The first week of August (Musicfest in Bethlehem). I’m worried about hotel availability.
    Anyway, I’m working on it. At least we will have an idea by spring where we are headed. I’m hoping for heard immunity by May/June as suggested. A show with significant restrictions just can’t happen.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

If so, I will be there! I will also bring a game to sell.

#608 3 years ago

I am bringing Rick and Morty to free play (not for sale) and will bring one more game to sell/trade freeplay. It's gonna be lit if it goes!

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am bringing Rick and Morty to free play (not for sale) and will bring one more game to sell/trade freeplay. It's gonna be lit if it goes!

Very cool. Still haven't seen/played one yet.

#610 3 years ago

The last new pin I played was a stranger things pro--a week or two before the shut downs started. Little did I know then that it would be the last time that I'd be playing newer pins and pinball in public for a while...

I'd really like to have a chance to play some of the newer 2019/2020/2021 pins at some point once all the restrictions are lifted.

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The last new pin I played was a stranger things pro--a week or two before the shut downs started. Little did I know then that it would be the last time that I'd be playing newer pins and pinball in public for a while...
    I'd really like to have a chance to play some of the newer 2019/2020/2021 pins at some point once all the restrictions are lifted.

+1

#612 3 years ago

If I go this year, I will be on the hunt for a Getaway HS2.

1 week later
    #613 3 years ago

Posted on FB.

CF7D875C-D6A8-4B2C-AC36-5F0B079E0572 (resized).pngCF7D875C-D6A8-4B2C-AC36-5F0B079E0572 (resized).png
    #614 3 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

Posted on FB.
    [quoted image]

While I am 100% ready for this, and would attend personally, I think it will be close if it happens. Based on what was said by the president last night, that at the current rate we could see small group "family" gatherings by July 4th, I am not hopeful that any big shows will happen this year.

Chris

#615 3 years ago

There's one happening in Ohio in a few weeks.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

While I am 100% ready for this, and would attend personally, I think it will be close if it happens. Based on what was said by the president last night, that at the current rate we could see small group "family" gatherings by July 4th, I am not hopeful that any big shows will happen this year.
    Chris

#616 3 years ago

I'm in. But will be wearing a N95 mask, gloves and a full body suit.

#617 3 years ago

Would love to buy an Alien Poker, project or any other condition.

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Lol. Get vaccinated and you could avoid that outlandish costume!

#619 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Thank God. So if you crop dust, you're just gassing yourself.

#620 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Lol. Get vaccinated and you could avoid that outlandish costume!

Oh.... I will be vaccinated. That outfit is for the crop dusting, bad hygiene, nose pickers and anti hand washers after going to the bathroom!!!!

#621 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God. So if you crop dust, you're just gassing yourself.

Snuck in there while I was typing absolutely hilarious.... Well I guess I should second guess that

#622 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Oh.... I will be vaccinated. That outfit is for the crop dusting, bad hygiene, nose pickers and anti hand washers after going to the bathroom!!!!

Sinceyou put it that way. I guess your planned oufit could be necessary. Lol. Just watch gagging yourself by burping in your mask!

#623 3 years ago

Any word if pinfest is on or off for July 2021

#624 3 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Any word if pinfest is on or off for July 2021

On. See earlier post. Although it does have an asterisk next to it because of COVID restrictions that could prevent it.

#625 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

On. See earlier post. Although it does have an asterisk next to it because of COVID restrictions that could prevent it.

Ya ok thanks

#626 3 years ago

I'm vaccinated, will be there whenever it's on again, and I'll be seeking out TaTa to see just how airtight his body suit is against noxious gases.

#627 3 years ago

The number of games that will show up is the real unknown.

#628 3 years ago

If people want to sell games, they'll show up. If they're just bringing them to get in for free...well, the jury's out on that. I would think if you just disinfect your machine with Clorox wipes and let it sit for 72 hours, you'd insure that it wouldn't cause any infection.

#629 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If people want to sell games, they'll show up

I'm curious what percent of games brought for sale actually sell... I've brought games to every area show for years now and only managed one sale at the last Saratoga show (all games would later sell for the same asking price or higher elsewhere, so it wasn't like my prices were crazy or anything). I think I've only ever bought one game off the free play area either, which always surprises me

#630 3 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I'm curious what percent of games brought for sale actually sell... I've brought games to every area show for years now and only managed one sale at the last Saratoga show (all games would later sell for the same asking price or higher elsewhere, so it wasn't like my prices were crazy or anything). I think I've only ever bought one game off the free play area either, which always surprises me

I'm sure quite a bit of cash and a large number of games change hands.

Aside from the first show I ever attended, I've brought at least one game to sell at each one. I think more often than not I made a sale. Certain titles sell well at shows, while others simply don't. Lesser titles don't generally sell well when stacked against more popular or flashier titles just a few slots (rather than actual miles) away.

I haven't bought too many games off the free play floor, but I have bought several projects from the flea markets.

One year, I pre-bought an uncommon EM game, picked it up at the show, made some minor adjustments, cleaned it, waxed it, and set it up on free play. While I had intended to bring it home to enjoy for a while, someone who was very enthusiastic about the game made me an offer I couldn't say no to.

It's really hard to predict what might sell and what might not. Sometimes you get lucky and there's that one person that just has to have that one particular title. Or you get unlucky and that's the year 5 other people decide to bring the same title.

#631 3 years ago

For me, timing is the biggest issue with putting a game in freeplay.
    I cannot come on Thursday, ever.
    With the show in July, Friday is out this year because we are not allowed days off in the summer.
    I also have not had anything for sale in conjunction with the shows.

But if the show happens, I will be there on Saturday!

#632 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If people want to sell games, they'll show up. If they're just bringing them to get in for free...well, the jury's out on that. I would think if you just disinfect your machine with Clorox wipes and let it sit for 72 hours, you'd insure that it wouldn't cause any infection.

Dwell time for Clorox is 1 to 2 minutes for successful destruction of pathogens. 72 hours is not required.

#633 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Dwell time for Clorox is 1 to 2 minutes for successful destruction of pathogens. 72 hours is not required.

I know. But if you're one of the truly paranoid (and there are many), 72 hours would pretty much insure that any germs you missed with the Clorox would die a natural death. Me? I was never afraid of it before and I'm not now. If you're truly careful and don't do anything stupid (like sticking your fingers in your face after playing a game), you should be fine.

#634 3 years ago

Tales From the Crypt
    Central Va.

#635 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

For me, timing is the biggest issue with putting a game in freeplay.
    I cannot come on Thursday, ever.
    With the show in July, Friday is out this year because we are not allowed days off in the summer.
    I also have not had anything for sale in conjunction with the shows.
    But if the show happens, I will be there on Saturday!

Not allowed to take a day off in summers... just curious what line of business you're in that would preclude days off during that time.

#636 3 years ago

HVAC/R

#637 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Tales From the Crypt
    Central Va.

Sold.

Archived after 0 days

Sold off Pinside

Machine - For Sale

Tales from the Crypt

New!
    Featured!
    Archived

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Game is near Charlottesville Va.

100% working with no errors. Very clean, well gone through. Boards are matching and clean.
    Cab 9, Pf 9.75, translite 10.

Shooter/handle thing p...”

3,995 (OBO)

Edit & Re-list
    Change listing result

#638 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:Not allowed to take a day off in summers... just curious what line of business you're in that would preclude days off during that time.

If I couldn't do shift "swaps" I wouldn't be able to get days off in the summer, especially weekends.

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

If I couldn't do shift "swaps" I wouldn't be able to get days off in the summer, especially weekends.

Same here

#640 3 years ago

I’ve always wiped down any game I’ve brought home. Just seems like a good idea.

#641 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure quite a bit of cash and a large number of games change hands.
    Aside from the first show I ever attended, I've brought at least one game to sell at each one. I think more often than not I made a sale. Certain titles sell well at shows, while others simply don't. Lesser titles don't generally sell well when stacked against more popular or flashier titles just a few slots (rather than actual miles) away.
    I haven't bought too many games off the free play floor, but I have bought several projects from the flea markets.
    One year, I pre-bought an uncommon EM game, picked it up at the show, made some minor adjustments, cleaned it, waxed it, and set it up on free play. While I had intended to bring it home to enjoy for a while, someone who was very enthusiastic about the game made me an offer I couldn't say no to.
    It's really hard to predict what might sell and what might not. Sometimes you get lucky and there's that one person that just has to have that one particular title. Or you get unlucky and that's the year 5 other people decide to bring the same title.

Judging by the prices I’ve seen recently I think there’s a lot of pent up demand. Hopefully that results in a good turnout. I’ve always considered shows as the least amount of hassle for both buying and selling.

#642 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Judging by the prices I’ve seen recently I think there’s a lot of pent up demand. Hopefully that results in a good turnout. I’ve always considered shows as the least amount of hassle for both buying and selling.

Agreed, great venue to both showing off restoration talents but also moving games out so you can move more games in.

#643 3 years ago

As a service manager, i have no one to swap with. This date is right in the busy season for us.
    I have been in the trade for 30 years and been at 4 companies in that time. Only one of those allowed vacations from June to August.
    It really is NBD except when your kids are small and off for summer vacation.

#644 3 years ago

Kicking around bringing all of my ramps to sell and possibly getting a booth if there is space. But I am sheepish to commit at the moment, as I am trying to build some stock, and I am not going to go if I am unable to be vaccinated by then.

#645 3 years ago

Looking for a Gilligans Island

Let me know if you have one - or project up for grabs

Thank you

#646 3 years ago

I can not wait. I will be bring a High speed and a Frankenstein. For the free play area.

#647 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Kicking around bringing all of my ramps to sell and possibly getting a booth if there is space. But I am sheepish to commit at the moment, as I am trying to build some stock, and I am not going to go if I am unable to be vaccinated by then.

If it happens this year and you come to the Allentown show as a vendor, I will personally reimburse you for your vendor space charge. That's how much I'd want you there.

Chris

#648 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If it happens this year and you come to the Allentown show as a vendor, I will personally reimburse you for your vendor space charge. That's how much I'd want you there.
    Chris

Now THAT's stepping up to the plate, nice gesture.

#649 3 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Definition of panic: 2 large coffees and a bran muffin then sweating inside a tyvek suit and it’s stuck to your arms and torso.

#650 3 years ago

Looking for complete playfields, standard width w/ full size flippers.

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/13?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.