(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 45.
    #551 3 years ago

What if we just pretend it is going to happen and then pretend it did happen and then post about it like it happened.

#552 3 years ago

Fabulous idea

1 month later
    #553 3 years ago

Big agriculture show at the fairgrounds next week. Hopefully this means brighter things on the horizon!

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Big agriculture show at the fairgrounds next week. Hopefully this means brighter things on the horizon!

I really hope it can happen this year.

3 weeks later
    #555 3 years ago

Not sure if many of you were aware, but the famous Ritz BBQ was forced out of business in 2020 due to COVID. However, new owners have purchased the place and plan to reopen in February/March, just in time for Pinfest 2021!!!!

https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/food-drink/restaurants/mc-ent-ritz-barbecue-reopening-under-new-owners-20201208-jgu3usj3djfnvdw7sz5eaxyqy4-story.html

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Not sure if many of you were aware, but the famous Ritz BBQ was forced out of business in 2020 due to COVID. However, new owners have purchased the place and plan to reopen in February/March, just in time for Pinfest 2021!!!!
    https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/food-drink/restaurants/mc-ent-ritz-barbecue-reopening-under-new-owners-20201208-jgu3usj3djfnvdw7sz5eaxyqy4-story.html

Yeah, well it can't be any worse than the last time a bunch of us went there. The single most abysmally poor dining out experience I've ever had.....by far!!!

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

just in time for Pinfest 2021!!!!

Don’t hold your breath. You’ll probably have to check it out in 2022

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

If ever.

#559 3 years ago

Come On Man!

#560 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I too am doubtful about a 2021 show. disappointed of course but somewhat relieved since I have a few games to restore and bring and haven't gotten them finished yet.

#561 3 years ago

I'm not planning on attending even if pigs do take flight, and it actually happens this year. Hopefully it can take place next year..

#562 3 years ago

I would go

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm not planning on attending even if pigs do take flight, and it actually happens this year. Hopefully it can take place next year..

That's a big part of the problem. Attendance would be too light. Maybe a much smaller show, as in the past, if anything.

#564 3 years ago

Come on guys! Let's get a show going. What are you worried about? PA has indoor dining, other shows are open to the public and have been for months! Let's get something going this year! I cant stand the thought of going 2 full years without an Allentown show! If they hold it, I will come!!

#565 3 years ago

I think it can happen. 1/3 of the US population should be vaccinated by then. Plus 1/4 of the population probably already had covid. That puts us close to 60% immunity. Our wonderful g*vernment wants 70-80%.

#566 3 years ago

Wife was just asking about show, she wants to go.

#567 3 years ago

Went in 2016 for the first time and had a fun time. Would live to return again.

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Come on guys! Let's get a show going. What are you worried about? PA has indoor dining, other shows are open to the public and have been for months! Let's get something going this year! I cant stand the thought of going 2 full years without an Allentown show! If they hold it, I will come!!

Unfortunately like other shows where you walk around and look at things, Pinfest is an interactive show. I'm not keen on bringing my pinballs for everyone to touch, sneeze, cough and whip alcohol based hand sanitizer all over my machine. Nor do I want to be the next guy in line Sorry... Best case is 2022

#569 3 years ago

What if we all wore gloves?

#570 3 years ago

What if everyone entering has to provide proof that they’ve received both doses of the vaccine. Then you get a wrist band that allows you entrance through any of the doors, including the side and rear flea market.

Anyone that feels that their freedom is being infringed on by having to get vaccinated can stay home.

#571 3 years ago

^^ sorry but no!

#572 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

What if everyone entering has to provide proof that they’ve received both doses of the vaccine. Then you get a wrist band that allows you entrance through any of the doors, including the side and rear flea market.
    Anyone that feels that their freedom is being infringed on by having to get vaccinated can stay home.

Ever heard of Pandora's box?

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

^^ sorry but no!

I disagree as well and I work in the medical field.

#574 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Proof? You mean that little card they gave me when I got the sledgehammer to the arm, I mean vaccine, which anyone could easily make a fugazi of? There would be scalpers in the parking lot selling bootleg cards lol...

#575 3 years ago

I guess i am simply not as afraid of this as others.
    I am however, quite sympathetic to your position. I wear a mask, i wash my hands frequently, and i stay socially distant.
    I vote no show until this is stamped out from the face of the earth.

But, if there were a show i would go.

#576 3 years ago

If they really wanted to wipe clean the whole corona family , it would have been done already.
    Little by little perhaps. I, as others, are itching to get to the shows and play pinball and mingle with other humans rather than flat screens.

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I don't plan to get the vaccine for the foreseeable future. I (along with other members of my family) was exposed to three different people who were positive for Covid over the past six months and nobody got it. Nobody wore masks or social distanced either. At the time, the sick people thought they had the common cold. Testing later confirmed Covid.

Two of the people who had it said it felt like a mild cold that was gone within a week and the third never had any symptoms whatsoever and felt great the whole time. On the other hand, I personally know several people who got the vaccination recently and all but one said they felt like crap after the second shot for perhaps 1 1/2 or 2 days. Most had to stay home from work they felt so bad.

Personally, I'll take my chances, at least for now without the vaccine. I reserve the right to change my mind later if new information becomes available and I have no problem with others who may choose differently for themselves. But me, personally, I'm tired of hiding in my house worrying about what ifs. I'm going to try to live my life and enjoy it. If Allentown is held, I will be there and people can come play my machines all they want.

#578 3 years ago

I think the bigger problem is that the show likely takes a year to set up.
    It is now january.
    I usually make my hotel reservation in february.
    There is still no clear policy or end to this so it is unlikely the infrastructure for such a show could be hurridly assembled. And, based on the feedback above, attendance would be light at best by both vendors and pinheads.
    It wont happen in may.

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

How about anyone who doesn't want the risk of getting COVID can stay home, and the rest of us can have a show without having our freedoms infringed upon?

#580 3 years ago

Hello everyone, just a heads up and perhaps some opinion from you if you like. I’ve already scraped May as I’m not seeing that happen. I am however encouraged by some recent speculation that is being suggested by some authorities. I’ve talked with venue management about alternative dates. I have the last week of July and first week of August available. I’m leaning toward July. The reason being is there is a monster event that starts The first week of August (Musicfest in Bethlehem). I’m worried about hotel availability.

Anyway, I’m working on it. At least we will have an idea by spring where we are headed. I’m hoping for heard immunity by May/June as suggested. A show with significant restrictions just can’t happen.

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

#581 3 years ago

Late July is a pretty safe bet. It’ll be even safer if JNJ’s one dose vaccine reads out well in late January or early February. I’ve got international travel booked in late summer early fall and I’m one of the more COVID conservative folks I know. Fauci even said he expects indoor concerts to be a thing by the fall.

#582 3 years ago

Thank you for the update and a ray of hope.

#583 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Thank you for the update and a ray of hope.

hope is all we have at this point.

#584 3 years ago

Thanks for the update Ivan. I'm sure when your show happens. There will be much participation and it will be successful and fun for all.

#585 3 years ago

if it does happen i think the line to get in will reach the farmers market!!

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

For sure it did that in 2019

#587 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Bring a game. No waiting!

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Hello everyone, just a heads up and perhaps some opinion from you if you like. I’ve already scraped May as I’m not seeing that happen. I am however encouraged by some recent speculation that is being suggested by some authorities. I’ve talked with venue management about alternative dates. I have the last week of July and first week of August available. I’m leaning toward July. The reason being is there is a monster event that starts The first week of August (Musicfest in Bethlehem). I’m worried about hotel availability.
    Anyway, I’m working on it. At least we will have an idea by spring where we are headed. I’m hoping for heard immunity by May/June as suggested. A show with significant restrictions just can’t happen.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

UGH, hopefully any other weekend beside the weekend of July 30th.. I really want to go this year.

#589 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Late July is a pretty safe bet. It’ll be even safer if JNJ’s one dose vaccine reads out well in late January or early February. I’ve got international travel booked in late summer early fall and I’m one of the more COVID conservative folks I know. Fauci even said he expects indoor concerts to be a thing by the fall.

I can't imagine indoor concerts in the fall being realistic, at least in Ohio. We have barely scraped the surface on getting health care workers vaccinated let alone the general public. If I get my first shot by fall I will consider myself lucky, the rollout here is agonizingly slow and lacking any real plan or timeline. I'd love to get back to shows but 2021 seems like a pipe dream. The problem you will have is all the people that will rush to these shows are likely the same people who haven't been that careful to begin with, and I'm not really in a hurry to do that unless I'm vaccinated. It's all pretty depressing.

2 weeks later
    #590 3 years ago

Hoping that it can happen in July. Crossing my fingers that the Canada/USA border be re-opened and most can be vaccinated by then.

If the borders stay closed, that will mean a significant percentage of attendees won't be able to attend 'till 2022

COVID sux...

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from frosken:

Hoping that it can happen in July. Crossing my fingers that the Canada/USA border be re-opened and most can be vaccinated by then.
    If the borders stay closed, that will mean a significant percentage of attendees won't be able to attend 'till 2022
    COVID sux...

Do that many Canadians come to the Allentown show? I know a couple years back someone from Canada bought a beer neon from me.

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Do that many Canadians come to the Allentown show? I know a couple years back someone from Canada bought a beer neon from me.

i'd say lots do,,,

#593 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yes they do. They buy a lot of pins.

#594 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I usually bring between 5 and 8 machines there, more than half usually are bought by Canadiens. Been that way for me for the last ten years in Allentown.

#595 3 years ago

Assuming the show even happens, I hope the border restrictions are removed by then. Be disappointing if our neighbors to the north couldn't come.

#596 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I bought a neon a few years ago...LOL. Could have been me!

I would say LOTS from the Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-London-Windsor corridor attend this show, along with some from the Maritimes.

While I have skipped a few years as of late, there's a bigger gathering of Canucks in Allentown than any pinball/arcade show in Canada.

I am hoping that it's gonna happen this year... as if you think that machine prices are crazy as of late in your area, you haven't seen the pricing up North...i-n-s-a-n-e...

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from frosken:

I bought a neon a few years ago...LOL. Could have been me!

Coors Silver Bullet!!

#598 3 years ago

I would be in for late July!

#599 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Coors Silver Bullet!!

Nope! LOL... mine was a Molson Ice NIB.

#600 3 years ago

Been in the COVID trenches since day 1. When Pinfest happens, I will be there!

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/12?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.