(Topic ID: 242327)

Pinfest 2020/2021 - buy, sell, trade, want (no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 381 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rmarket
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210313_152722 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152734 (resized).jpg
    20210313_152705 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1629334790755 (resized).jpg
    63BBE639-A3A7-4915-888A-EC15DDDCA260 (resized).jpeg
    84AAD166-22FC-4DEF-906B-AC5CF5FD4F0C (resized).jpeg
    20210802_124720 (resized).jpg
    04E1EFDF-4CD2-45FE-B788-C4CF458F2034 (resized).jpeg
    C1613609-90DE-46D2-9873-044171F074CE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3225 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    16E05840-CE40-448D-84B9-EFF25B0BC6C3 (resized).jpeg
    2A1DA168-BCE1-4E93-9C9B-53AA527E48CB (resized).jpeg
    98614969-3931-41CA-B41D-A743B5CB698E (resized).jpeg
    20210730_165911 (resized).jpg
    20210729_215613 (resized).jpg

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 45.
    #451 3 years ago

There ya go!

#452 3 years ago

Any day now we’re going to
    Put a fork in 2020 pinball shows.

#453 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I read the thoughtfully authored cancellation notice on ReplayFX's website and it got me thinking that the "bigger is better" shows with national (and beyond) draws don't have much chance in 2020 - Expo, for example. York is an example of a smaller show with a regional audience - I'm not completely convinced shows in this category will cancel yet. Remember York is still 4 months away.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I think it’s safe to do so now.

#455 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I think it’s safe to do so now.

It was safe to do it March.

#456 3 years ago

Updated to include 2021 unfortunately

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Updated to include 2021 unfortunately

Was there an announcement that I missed somewhere?

#458 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Nope, looks like OP changed the thread title.

#459 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Just covering all bases and updated the thread. No official announcement.

#461 3 years ago

Not sure what to make of this as the Pinfest site and their FaceBook page still has the show booked for June 12-13, but the Agri-Plex has it July 31-Aug 1? Was there an announcement someplace?

http://www.allentownfairpa.org/index.php/trade-shows-events

#462 3 years ago
    Quoted from bstnguy:

Not sure what to make of this as the Pinfest site and their FaceBook page still has the show booked for June 12-13, but the Agri-Plex has it July 31-Aug 1? Was there an announcement someplace?
    http://www.allentownfairpa.org/index.php/trade-shows-events

i hope so...... i will be there........

#463 3 years ago

It has been postponed but no word on a new date according to the recent Facebook post. Sounds like they are aiming for late summer.

#464 3 years ago

Yup, i see it now, must have been updating all the sites when I saw it.

Lets hope for a safe fun show!

#465 3 years ago

Lets get you all up to date. The show will not happen and is cancelled for June. We have discussed an alternate date with venue management. We have been offered July 31st August 1st. My problem is that I'm not sure I want to waste anymore of our time. I can't predict what our environment is going to be like in the late summer anymore than I can tomorrow! This pandemic has been relentless and seems to have no problem hanging around for the foreseeable future.

All vendors that have paid for space will be refunded. Regarding glass orders, I haven't placed orders for the custom stuff so your money is safe and refundable. I'm on the hook for a bunch of standard glass. I'm fine with that other than I'll need to schlep 5000lbs around for year or so. I'm really looking forward to that! If you reserved standard glass, we will offer you a few options. I'll refund your money if you wish. If you are local, we could arrange for you to come get it. I can possibly deliver to the York Show if that happens.

I'd like to apologize for the disappointments this has caused. I know this is a yearly highlight for many of you. I've done my best to pull this together. It seems cover-19 is in charge. Pushing for this event that is potentially unsafe for the community seems, at the very least, irresponsible.

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Lets get you all up to date. The show will not happen and is cancelled for June. We have discussed an alternate date with venue management. We have been offered July 31st August 1st. My problem is that I'm not sure I want to waste anymore of our time. I can't predict what our environment is going to be like in the late summer anymore than I can tomorrow! This pandemic has been relentless and seems to have no problem hanging around for the foreseeable future.
    All vendors that have paid for space will be refunded. Regarding glass orders, I haven't placed orders for the custom stuff so your money is safe and refundable. I'm on the hook for a bunch of standard glass. I'm fine with that other than I'll need to schlep 5000lbs around for year or so. I'm really looking forward to that! If you reserved standard glass, we will offer you a few options. I'll refund your money if you wish. If you are local, we could arrange for you to come get it. I can possibly deliver to the York Show if that happens.
    I'd like to apologize for the disappointments this has caused. I know this is a yearly highlight for many of you. I've done my best to pull this together. It seems cover-19 is in charge. Pushing for this event that is potentially unsafe for the community seems, at the very least, irresponsible.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

Ivan,

Thank you for the update. We’ll support this show to the moon and back! We can’t wait to see you again. Stay safe and thank you for your commitment to our hobby.

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

Sorry for Ivan, show vendors, planners behind the scenes and anyone who helps coordinate these types of shows... it's very disappointing for everyone involved. I think you're doing the right thing here, given the unknowns of what might transpire with Covid over the next several months, and the unknown actions of the PA government. Even if the show could potentially happen in August, my guess is that it would be poorly attended, and not worth the trouble and hardships that you guys have to go through, just to have another mandated shut down in August.

#468 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

If you reserved standard glass, we will offer you a few options. I'll refund your money if you wish. If you are local, we could arrange for you to come get it. I can possibly deliver to the York Show if that happens.

You didn't mention rolling over the order until next year as an option. If that's not too much of a hassle, that would work for me.

#469 3 years ago

Major bummer it’s cancelled but we saw the writing on the wall. Pinfest 2021 here we go.

#470 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

You didn't mention rolling over the order until next year as an option. If that's not too much of a hassle, that would work for me.

Maybe it could be an option. I think I could manage that. This is something we can discus when we reach out to those who ordered.

#471 3 years ago

Ivan,
    I’m sure you’d rather forget 2020 but is there a shirt for this year that we could buy?

#472 3 years ago

Many thanks to you Ivan. I know you've been through a lot trying to keep the possibility of a show alive. Man, oh man. This whole thing really sucks. It's like the bleepin' Twilight Zone.

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Ivan,
    I’m sure you’d rather forget 2020 but is there a shirt for this year that we could buy?

We were planning for two shirts. The artist was paid. The same guy we used from last year. He is also a vendor, Brian Allen. Never thought about selling a shirt for an event that doesn't happen. We'd probably save the work for our next show. Let me think about that.

#474 3 years ago

Ivan -

Thank you for the update, and I do think you made the right decision. Like you said, it's impossible to predict what will happen and you don't want to waste your time. It's pinball, and while it's a bump in the road, YOU and your crew have brought so much enjoyment and passion to this show, I am sure YOU are just as disappointed as anyone.

Be safe, stay well, and when it is good to do so, I will join you at the show.

Chris

#475 3 years ago

Ivan,

It is sad to hear the show will not happen in 2020 but all things considered I think it is the right move. Personally at this point I think 2020 is going to be a "lost year" so I have pretty much written 2020 off and am looking ahead to 2021 and hopefully better times. The way things are going with this Coronavirus mess I think it is highly unlikely we will see any shows this year and if any do happen they will likely be poorly attended. The risk of larger groups of people in one place just doesn't seem to be worth it until they can at least find some decent treatment for those people that get sick. Thanks for making the tough decision but I know it is the right one! Skip.

#476 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

No apology necessary Ivan. Thanks to you and the staff for all you do to keep Pinfest a great show year in and out. Looking forward to next year.

#477 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

We were planning for two shirts. The artist was paid. The same guy we used from last year. He is also a vendor, Brian Allen. Never thought about selling a shirt for an event that doesn't happen. We'd probably save the work for our next show. Let me think about that.

We all love Brian’s work. Maybe see if he wants to do a “lost year” design, you know we would all buy them. Would be kind of cool.

#478 3 years ago

Guess I'll have to settle for just crop-dusting the grandkids until next year. Thanks for the update and all your team does to put on a great event. Now I am just waiting for the friggin' NHL to pull the plug and refund $$$ for games cancelled more than a month ago.

#479 3 years ago

If I can make a suggestion.....a pop up glass location might be a way to lessen the load.

Everyone can use new glass. Especially if the price is much less than glass shops.

#480 3 years ago

Any chance of a late October or early November show? Not sure if the fairgrounds is even offering you something like that. I know you don't want to step on the York show toes but if it happens after I don't think it would hurt them.

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pmedic871:

Guess I'll have to settle for just crop-dusting the grandkids until next year. Thanks for the update and all your team does to put on a great event. Now I am just waiting for the friggin' NHL to pull the plug and refund $$$ for games cancelled more than a month ago.

The Penguins already did that.

#482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

The Penguins already did that.

No word from the Sabres...surprise.

#483 3 years ago

As much as its disappointing no show this year Ivan made the right decision. I have a trailer full of pins I planned on bringing for the inside fleamarket. With more machines coming in this and next month I will toss a couple up for sale next week. I will post them on the northeast for sale thread. Hopefully York will happen.

#484 3 years ago

Thank you Ivan. We're all saddened but look forward to next year. In much better times to come.

#485 3 years ago

Thanks for everything you and your group do to make this show happen Ivan. I look forward to it every year and will return once it is a safe to do so.

Happy Health everyone. Keep on flippin!

#486 3 years ago

So disappointing but obviously understandable. This is my favorite show. I'll just appreciate next year's show even more I guess.

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Any chance of a late October or early November show? Not sure if the fairgrounds is even offering you something like that. I know you don't want to step on the York show toes but if it happens after I don't think it would hurt them.

Nothing wrong with a November show! As long as its not Thanksgiving weekend.

#488 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Nothing wrong with a November show! As long as its not Thanksgiving weekend.

I'd be in for that!

#489 3 years ago

I would absolutely be in for a November show!!

1 week later
    #490 3 years ago

Missing Pinfest

1 week later
    #491 3 years ago

Just got a refund for my two booths. Not a good sign for it happening this year.

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Just got a refund for my two booths. Not a good sign for it happening this year.

This really sucks.

#493 3 years ago

Was refunded as well today. Ivan pretty much pulled the plug on the show for this year in post #465. Lets hope York happens.

#494 3 years ago

Only in pinball are people unhappy to get refunds.

It sucks but he’s handling it the right way holding on to peoples’ money accomplishes nothing.

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Was refunded as well today. Ivan pretty much pulled the plug on the show for this year in post #465. Lets hope York happens.

The Hershey Antique Car show which is always the same week as the York show was cancelled this week. It is the largest antique car swap meet in the world.

#496 3 years ago

Yu'all might have to come up to Ottawa, Canada....the show here is in Sept. Hopefully the pandamic is over and the border is open by then...... sigh

And your dollar goes a lot farther up here.

#497 3 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

Yu'all might have to come up to Ottawa, Canada....the show here is in Sept. Hopefully the pandamic is over and the border is open by then...... sigh
    And your dollar goes a lot farther up here.

Is it a big buy/sell show like Allentown?

#498 3 years ago

Not in years past...if it actually happens Josh was going to have a lot more room this year as it was packed last year. I could see a flea market being part of it...

#499 3 years ago

Today must have been the day b/c I got a refund on the booth rent as well. Thanks Ivan1496 !

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only in pinball are people unhappy to get refunds.
    It sucks but he’s handling it the right way holding on to peoples’ money accomplishes nothing.

Yup, as a multi-year vendor I couldn't be happier with how Allentown is run - in good times and in bad. I'm booking my room early for 2021 - there's plenty of pent-up energy that will create a great show next year.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#500 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Today must have been the day b/c I got a refund on the booth rent as well. Thanks ivan1496 !

Yup, as a multi-year vendor I couldn't be happier with how Allentown is run - in good times and in bad. I'm booking my room early for 2021 - there's plenty of pent-up energy that will create a great show next year.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

I certainly look forward to seeing everyone in 2021! I bet it will be the best show yet!

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/10?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.