(Topic ID: 216998)

Pinfest 2019 - hotel, food, show talk (NO buy, sell, trade, want)

By bluespin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RatShack
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpeg
    068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg
    C573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpeg
    BADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpeg
    F165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpeg
    B732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpeg
    9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3673 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg
    0EB7D5DD-066E-4AD7-987F-19314F7CC125.jpeg
    8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png
    893426A7-CC3B-4E6F-90B4-018BF0ECEF1F.jpeg
    2019 pinfest shirt.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-174102 (resized).png
    1680A619-4AD1-4D14-A559-351E99EF6A55 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Think we will be trying the Comfort inn again next year. That Ramada just stunk, literally.

What stunk? The piss soaked carpet, the pet friendly bedding?? Or the bartender chick(s) recently released from The Methodone Clinic ?

I gotta admit if I was in my 20’s I woulda stayed at The Ramada. Fast forward a bunch of decades and Now I avoid places
    Like that. Hats off to the poster who busted his ass trying to make that pinball game room happen.

My notes and conversations with others are leading me towards the Wingate in 2019, hopefully that 89$ rate carries over.

3 months later
    #8 5 years ago

How about Allentown hotel rating contributers .

1 point being crack hoes and bed bugs and 10 points being the Taj Mahal with golden toilets .

These are the 2 places I’ve stayed in the 7 years I attended.

Comfort Suites - 7
    Windham Suites 7.5

3 months later
    #9 5 years ago

Allentown bump,don’t forget to request your flea and vendor spaces next month.
    Remember in 2018 some people who didn’t register games early were turned down as last minute Charlie’s. I head it was because the free play floor was fully booked .

3 weeks later
    #11 5 years ago

Anyone able to register a game, a flea space or a vendor spot yet ? I’m looking to book my regular flea spot again plus a few free play pins.

Update: all set now, menu is on the upper left margin if the Pinfestival Webpage.

2 weeks later
    #12 5 years ago

Lodging info still TBD on Pinfestival
    website for 2019 . Wingate was bought out recently not sure what rate Ivan will get.

#15 5 years ago

Wingate was 116 for a King just booked it

1 month later
    #35 5 years ago

Ok whose got the best breakfast? When I’m on vacation it’s Belgian Waffles or bust

There’s a real good pizza & sandwich shop
    Towards 222 heading back to the hotel area: Deliciosa’s . Huge fan of Wert’s cafe the open faced Reuben is my favorite . In the market Billy’s Pretzel wraps are awesome. Dan’s BBQ has good food as well. They’re downstairs by the ramp. Me personally I avoid the pizza in the market at the street entrance.

1 week later
    #48 5 years ago

Any pizza close by that’s highly rated ? Basically that’s not the cardboard Inside the show or @ the Farmers Market
    Not a fan of thin crust or real dry. I like average to thick crust with some oil from the necessary level of cheese

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Is it rolling the dice though? As you can't choose..
    And can you choose the bed situation??[quoted image]

Those aren’t pillows !

2 weeks later
    #52 5 years ago

Gas prices appear to have stopped rapid increases but they’re still on the rise. It’s a big deal for those of us over 200 miles + away. I have an Exxon card that gets 6 cents off a gallon , I usually stop on 78 at exit 7 in NJ. Exit 3 has a White Castle to recharge your batteries, but the on and off ramps are a PITA.

#54 5 years ago

For those party people staying at the Ramada God Bless you. The days of me drinking until 3AM and not worrying about dirty sheets ended for me in the 1980’s. Now get off my lawn !

1 week later
    #56 5 years ago

For those of us that also look at the show as an escape for a day....
    This brewpub had good beers and excellent food (walking distance from Renaissance hotel):
    https://thebrewworks.com/food/
    This is walking distance from the show, great beer selection, local joint (very smokey, but "voted top 10 pizza joint in PA"):
    https://www.tavernonliberty.com/
    This place was across the street from the Renaissance, had a cool outside bar (Only downside we're stuck-up bartenders that ignored you):
    http://thehamiltonkitchen.com/?
    Anyone find any other cool joints for after the show? (Other than Tilted Kilt)

Tilted Kilt officially closed its doors right before Christmas. Me and my buddy went there last year , those kilts weren’t covering much . I’m not sure if there are any other Breastaurants in the area. BWW is hit or miss IMHFO.

Here is a nice pub with great reviews I’m tempted

stangebrew tavern allentown

#59 5 years ago

(Just scout out the bathroom first )

Yeah the last thing I want is some spicy buffalo wings percolating in my colon and having to enter the bathroom they filmed Trainspotting in.

No roommate for me , keeping the wife happy. . She said what if the roommate turns out to be an axe murderer! I told her the odds of 2 axe murderers sharing a hotel room are astronomical!

#70 5 years ago

aNy locals ever eat at Lee’s Hoagie House out by the car dealerships? I need a quick bite to grab when I go to Dick Blick to buy some Montana rattle cans. I only need a can or 2 and unless you spend 35$ shipping kills the on
    Line purchase.

I avoid “Olive Garden” to go (subway) because I like more than unlimited salad & breadsticks as my sandwich .

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I applaud your enthusiasm that a group of people from this site can get together without drama.

This is a no sale or trade talk thread so The Pinside Price Police aren’t here to muddy the water.

No mention of the security guard or the golf cart yet? Can’t wait to chuck and duck again.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

That would be Dan's BBQ. It's on the left side, down the first ramp.

Remember to take a # from the deli next to be served dispenser

#82 5 years ago

Bowling and beers sounds like fun. To save ppl
    The lengthy website navigation... here is the address and phone #

5536AE32-6210-4916-8829-649F73CB790E (resized).png5536AE32-6210-4916-8829-649F73CB790E (resized).png
    #84 5 years ago
    Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

Does anybody have anything they wanna buy, sell, or trade? LMK

There is a buy sell or trade thread but there is some conflict going on with price policing and down voting. Hopefully someone reading your post responds favorably. Cheers.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Didn't this place get shut down recently due to filth and crappy owners?

Oh now I’m interested. Clean and respectable is boooring

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Its a shithole

Sign me up then. I bet we’ll see more interesting people than the overhead security cameras at WalMart

#96 5 years ago

I’ll have my usual stash of homemade brownies. If you got kids or the munchies find me in the indoor flea.

#101 4 years ago

Well, my buddy is out (dog sitter issues).....do I feel like flying solo.... especially since I hear the new England crew will be sparse? Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Sorry man that sucks. I go solo every year, I never have room for passengers anyhow . Maybe the RI crew is sparse , lots of CT guys and MA guys are going. My wife stays home with our dogs . I stay home when she goes to Foxwoods.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

This is the Hotel thread

And the restaurant with alcoholic libations thread too !

10 days away

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

Ramada drama... someone bring up the drama from Allentown Suites again. We almost forgot about that

Contact Ibuypinballs he has the whole story!

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

I heard no new shirts this year from someone who spoke with Ivan.

And I know why , printing and blank shirt cost is way up! I got pinball mechanic t shirts for 10 bucks a fellow Pinside drew the image I designed them. 10$ each, any size M-4x

EA1C2EA3-5974-4B05-A079-7C82C3234D46 (resized).jpegEA1C2EA3-5974-4B05-A079-7C82C3234D46 (resized).jpeg
    #121 4 years ago

My shirts will be in the flea along with my brownies I hand out every year

#135 4 years ago

Well, cancelled my $200+ Renaissance room when my buddy flaked on me...Was dwelling on solo ride the past few days...Just said screw it and tried the Priceline "Express Deal" (3.5Star, 9+ customer rating), Bam... Renaissance, $94.... Perfect

Good deal you know my flea spot stop by and say hey .

#137 4 years ago

Forecast is looking craptacular

8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png
    #145 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyNick:

Anyone have an old stash of dart machine parts? Looking for a switch matrix membrane for an 1980s Arachnid 5000 series machine (Single bullseye, three ribbon cables). Thanks!!

If you’re looking for parts there is a buy sell trade thread. This is the cooler thread with pretzel wraps, cops showing up at hotels, Pinsiders getting rooms already occupied and in general hotel , restaurant suggestions and menus... and gas prices

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I mummify my pins in plastic wrap.
    It's just a pain to fight the rain.
    I feel like there's some song material in there somewhere, lol

CCR- Who’ll stop the rain ^

That’s why I love the indoor flea drive in and unload.

#176 4 years ago

I had the hot dog with cheese pretzel wrap and the smoky cocktail franks basket , both excellent But my favorite is still the cheesesteak pretzel wrap.

2020 I will have to try the Reuben pretzel wrap I am glad I was in the flea the main floor was a zoo. Thursday & Friday everything was selling lots of pins rolling out the door .

#184 4 years ago

I chatted with the security guy , retired cop. He carries a .40 Springfield so I made sure I had my wrist band visible. Actually a really nice guy. We both agree that Glock is overrated and Sig is a better weapon.

Shout out to Chris for getting us flea guys in and out with our vehicles and trailers. Thanks to all the volunteers as well, phenomenal job.
    Many thanks to people who bought my t shirts . Dummy me over ordered so I’ll have to sell some on line. To whoever got brownies my wife made , hope you enjoyed them.

Wingate- not everyone gets a **1/2 ok rating (Geico parody) . 1 F’n ice maker working fir 4 floors of guests? Come on man. Foreign hair in tub upon arrival. So glad I carry Lysol wipes in my truck. Toothpaste drips still there next day but hey they made my bed , A wet towel in shower not replaced ( fridge leaked had to sop water up) tub is designed for Oompa Loompas. My room faced the highway it’s lucky I’m not a light sleeper Man those trucks on 222 roar by 24/7,

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2019-hotel-food-show-talk-no-buy-sell-trade-want?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.