(Topic ID: 216998)

Pinfest 2019 - hotel, food, show talk (NO buy, sell, trade, want)

By bluespin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RatShack
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpeg
    068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg
    C573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpeg
    BADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpeg
    F165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpeg
    B732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpeg
    9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3673 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg
    0EB7D5DD-066E-4AD7-987F-19314F7CC125.jpeg
    8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png
    893426A7-CC3B-4E6F-90B4-018BF0ECEF1F.jpeg
    2019 pinfest shirt.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-174102 (resized).png
    1680A619-4AD1-4D14-A559-351E99EF6A55 (resized).jpeg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

I can’t wait to setup my Barry Manilow pinball machine across from rkahr ‘s booth so he can listen to some sweet Manilow tunes ALL weekend!

Are we really driving up tomorrow? Yes! "Looks like we made it!"

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Ready to go!
    [quoted image]

What are those things under the games? Some sort of rubber balls?

#153 4 years ago

Hi everyone, contrary to our initial plans of leaving early Friday morning, we’ll be coming out tomorrow evening and staying at the Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West. I’ll have an assortment of old trade stimulators and arcade related pieces. Booth 14 in the flea market on Friday only. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg
    #154 4 years ago

Mike what are your pins resting on?

#155 4 years ago

May have a few spots to transport games back to Ohio (Canton/Massillon) and Pittsburgh
    $100 a good deal?

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What are those things under the games? Some sort of rubber balls?

They're shock absorbers that are meant to screw to the bottom of a pallet. We use them at work when shipping sensitive equipment. I think the brand name is "Skid-Mates."

I'm honestly not sure they make any difference but I had a box of them laying around so figured it couldn't hurt. U-Haul trailers aren't exactly known for their gentle ride. I just stuck them under each game before strapping the games down; they're not physically attached to the games.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

U-Haul trailers aren't exactly known for their gentle ride.

Yeah, I'm bringing an EM this year, and I'm a little nervous about what I might have to adjust after a bumpy ride in a trailer. Normally, I bring solid state games, and I don't think I've had problems surface with those after a long ride in a trailer.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Hi everyone, contrary to our initial plans of leaving early Friday morning, we’ll be coming out tomorrow evening and staying at the Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West. I’ll have an assortment of old trade stimulators and arcade related pieces. Booth 14 in the flea market on Friday only. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

That's where I'm staying too... It's a three-peat for me at the hotel. Good, quiet, no-drama place and a simple drive to the fairgrounds with a fair price. Last year they had the water off for a couple hours as part of a remodeling effort but I never felt any impact since I was at the show all day!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#159 4 years ago

What's the best day to go to the Pinfest?

Friday or Saturday?

I went one time before on a Sunday and it was bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (huge fart sound)

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

What's the best day to go to the Pinfest?
    Friday or Saturday?
    I went one time before on a Sunday and it was bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (fart sound)

Friday

#161 4 years ago

Definitely say "Hi" if you see me and my wife.

We'll be wearing matching outfits, including our cat. See photo for details. This is an old photo, we now have denim pants for the cat.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#162 4 years ago

Have some room in our 16ft enclosed trailer going back to central Florida if anyone finds a new project at the show. Taking I95 south can drop off along the way. Leaving Saturday evening.
    Regards,
    Al

#163 4 years ago

I was going to bring up a Secret Service for free play yesterday, but:

1. It is failing to boot because of MPU issues, so I was going to bring my Street Fighter 2 (pin) instead.

2. I have to bring my father to the doctor today because of a family emergency, so I'd have to bring it up this afternoon. I know yesterday was the setup day.

Will either of these be an issue with the organizers? Anyone ever bring a game after the setup day? I imagine the organizers are too busy to respond to emails.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

I was going to bring up a Secret Service for free play yesterday, but:
    1. It is failing to boot because of MPU issues, so I was going to bring my Street Fighter 2 (pin) instead.
    2. I have to bring my father to the doctor today because of a family emergency, so I'd have to bring it up this afternoon. I know yesterday was the setup day.
    Will either of these be an issue with the organizers? Anyone ever bring a game after the setup day? I imagine the organizers are too busy to respond to emails.

They encourage people to come early, but you can still bring it.

#165 4 years ago

I ate things wrapped in pretzels and life was good.

Hopefully I'll get my shit together in the tourney tomorrow but ones things for sure, there will be more things wrapped in pretzels in my future.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Hopefully I'll get my shit together in the tourney tomorrow but ones things for sure, there will be more things wrapped in pretzels in my future.

I came to this thread only to say that the pretzel wrapped Turkey Rachel (like a rueben with turkey) that I got at the farmers market was the best thing I ate in 2019. Holy crap that was great. I had no idea the Farmers Market would be so huge and popular.

Allentown is a pretty good place!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

I came to this thread only to say that the pretzel wrapped Turkey Rachel (like a rueben with turkey) that I got at the farmers market was the best thing I ate in 2019. Holy crap that was great. I had no idea the Farmers Market would be so huge and popular.
    Allentown is a pretty good place!

I had the regular rueban...Holy Crap was it excellent!

Added over 5 years ago:

Reuben (Darn autocorrect)

#168 4 years ago

Pinball....pretzel wraps.....Yuengling’s.....

Repeat

#169 4 years ago

The Copperhead Grille on Airport Road just off Rte 22 is amazing. Great bar and restaurant with great menu. Had a Chicken Cobb Salad, and the racks of ribs were flying out of the kitchen. Very clean with great service.

IMG_3673 (resized).jpgIMG_3673 (resized).jpg
    #170 4 years ago

I ate at Grille 3951 on Broadway after the show last night. Very nice.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#171 4 years ago

My buddy also got the pretzel wrapped Reuben and said it was amazing. I guess I wish I wasn't a picky eater.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Which stand is selling the turkey Ruben pretzel?

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Which stand is selling the turkey Ruben pretzel?

It is one that is kind of in the middle of the market facing the doors you would walk into if you were coming directly from the show. I cannot confirm, but the Farmers Market website has "Billy’s Pretzel Wrap & Fried Chicken" listed which could be the place!

I wish I went into the farmers market before spending $11 on a soda, hotdog, and some fried pierogi in the show! Not nearly as delicious!

#174 4 years ago
    9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpeg9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpegB732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpegB732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpeg
    #175 4 years ago

For all those people who live near south Philly, DE, etc. the Boothwyn Farmers market has the same exact pretzel stand. Same owner. So you don’t have to wait a year for this awesomeness. Oh yea as a bonus they have 6-7 good pinball machine on location as well.

#176 4 years ago

I had the hot dog with cheese pretzel wrap and the smoky cocktail franks basket , both excellent But my favorite is still the cheesesteak pretzel wrap.

2020 I will have to try the Reuben pretzel wrap I am glad I was in the flea the main floor was a zoo. Thursday & Friday everything was selling lots of pins rolling out the door .

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

The Copperhead Grille on Airport Road just off Rte 22 is amazing. Great bar and restaurant with great menu. Had a Chicken Cobb Salad, and the racks of ribs were flying out of the kitchen. Very clean with great service.
    [quoted image]

Copperhead is great. When I was in town on business we ate there twice. Haven't been there since 2016 but the crab mac and cheese they had at the time was amazing.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I had the hot dog with cheese pretzel wrap and the smoky cocktail franks basket , both excellent But my favorite is still the cheesesteak pretzel wrap.
    2020 I will have to try the Reuben pretzel wrap I am glad I was in the flea the main floor was a zoo. Thursday & Friday everything was selling lots of pins rolling out the door .

You get a gold star for being the only person who spelled Reuben correctly. Even Billy's misspelled it!

#179 4 years ago

I wonder how many pretzel wraps they sell during the pinball show?
    Must confess I had 6 in two days. Buffalo chicken all the way.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I wonder how many pretzel wraps they sell during the pinball show?
    Must confess I had 6 in two days. Buffalo chicken all the way.

I talked to the owner for a few minutes on Friday. He said it’s one of his biggest weekends.

#181 4 years ago

I crushed me some buffalo chicken pretzel.

#182 4 years ago

I was talking to the guy selling the neon signs. He had a beautiful Coors NY Giants neon with a mounted helmet and a Bud Light Philadelphia Eagles neon.
    I said to him, “if it wasn’t for those two teams, my Tommy’d be look’n for his tenth ring this season”

I thought he was gonna throw a punch...

#183 4 years ago
    C573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpegC573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpeg068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpeg4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpegBADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpegBADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpegF165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpegF165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpeg
    #184 4 years ago

I chatted with the security guy , retired cop. He carries a .40 Springfield so I made sure I had my wrist band visible. Actually a really nice guy. We both agree that Glock is overrated and Sig is a better weapon.

Shout out to Chris for getting us flea guys in and out with our vehicles and trailers. Thanks to all the volunteers as well, phenomenal job.
    Many thanks to people who bought my t shirts . Dummy me over ordered so I’ll have to sell some on line. To whoever got brownies my wife made , hope you enjoyed them.

Wingate- not everyone gets a **1/2 ok rating (Geico parody) . 1 F’n ice maker working fir 4 floors of guests? Come on man. Foreign hair in tub upon arrival. So glad I carry Lysol wipes in my truck. Toothpaste drips still there next day but hey they made my bed , A wet towel in shower not replaced ( fridge leaked had to sop water up) tub is designed for Oompa Loompas. My room faced the highway it’s lucky I’m not a light sleeper Man those trucks on 222 roar by 24/7,

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

That's where I'm staying too... It's a three-peat for me at the hotel. Good, quiet, no-drama place and a simple drive to the fairgrounds with a fair price. Last year they had the water off for a couple hours as part of a remodeling effort but I never felt any impact since I was at the show all day!

My room faced the highway it’s lucky I’m not a light sleeper Man those trucks on 222 roar by 24/7

This year my room was on the highway side of the building on the 5th floor Thursday night and wow, you aren't kidding - those trucks never stop. I got moved to the other side of the building for Friday night and it was much better. I think the Comfort Inn West is actually quieter on the lower floors because the surrounding buildings & landscape block the truck noise. Lesson offered to me is request low floor, away from highway. Hopefully next year I demonstrate learning from the lesson offered.

I'm a big fan of the cheese steak pretzel wrap as well but I didn't end up getting to the stand this year. Bummer.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#186 4 years ago

My room was silent, very nice, and had a cool view of the city. (My 3am return to the hotel, had a nice view of a girl getting out of her vehicle at 711 with her pants around her knees lol). My bathroom had a sliding barn door, which caused me to walk into the closet twice instead of the bathroom (once semi sober, second time no where near sober) lol..

#187 4 years ago

I chatted with the security guy , retired cop. He carries a .40 Springfield so I made sure I had my wrist band visible. Actually a really nice guy. We both agree that Glock is overrated and Sig is a better weapon.
    Shout out to Chris for getting us flea guys in and out with our vehicles and trailers. Thanks to all the volunteers as well, phenomenal job.
    Many thanks to people who bought my t shirts . Dummy me over ordered so I’ll have to sell some on line. To whoever got brownies my wife made , hope you enjoyed them.
    Wingate- not everyone gets a **1/2 ok rating (Geico parody) . 1 F’n ice maker working fir 4 floors of guests? Come on man. Foreign hair in tub upon arrival. So glad I carry Lysol wipes in my truck. Toothpaste drips still there next day but hey they made my bed , A wet towel in shower not replaced ( fridge leaked had to sop water up) tub is designed for Oompa Loompas. My room faced the highway it’s lucky I’m not a light sleeper Man those trucks on 222 roar by 24/7,

Luxury compared with the sh*thole I stayed in. HJ near the corner of Hamilton and Cedar Crest. The only good thing is that it was easy walking distance to Perkins for breakfast. Chicken Lounge across the street was passable, but they played LOUD dance music which was VERY annoying while trying to enjoy a meal. I don't know why stores and establishments play annoying background "music" at LOUD levels. It makes me want to leave as soon as possible! Would have stayed for another beer or two because I walked there. When we walked out, it was pouring rain with thunder and lightning, but I didn't even think of going back in. I never thought I'd miss Muzak!

#188 4 years ago

To whoever got brownies my wife made , hope you enjoyed them.

Thanks for bringing those great homemade brownies; stopped by on Friday and bought a few items and got the brownie bonus and walking by on Saturday took you up on another one!

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I showed my wife a video of the Farmer's Market wares. She was totally grossed out by the skinned rabbits!

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I showed my wife a video of the Farmer's Market wares. She was totally grossed out by the skinned rabbits!

They're grosser to eat with the fur!

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

They're grosser to eat with the fur!

Very true. But I don't think I'd like to eat one either way. After all, it is a rodent.

#192 4 years ago

Forecast is looking craptacular
    [quoted image]

Amazingly, there was no rain to speak of during the show. Wicked thunderstorm Friday night/early AM Saturday, but if I'd had known I wouldn't even hit rain driving home, I'd have strapped something to the roof of the van!

#193 4 years ago

The Wingate is converting to a Holiday Inn in July, hotel manager seemed pleased about it.
    There will be a full restaurant and bar next year.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Very true. But I don't think I'd like to eat one either way. After all, it is a rodent.

Actually they are pretty tasty, we use to eat them all the time when I was a kid, taste like chicken lol

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Actually they are pretty tasty, we use to eat them all the time when I was a kid, taste like chicken lol

I had an opportunity to eat some a long time ago when we visited relatives back in the old country. It was in a paprika gravy stew. My mom used to make chicken the same way. They told me it was chicken, but on my first dip into the pot, I pulled out a piece that did not look like anything I've ever seen from a chicken, so I put it back and didn't want to eat it. Then, my grandfather let on that it was actually a rabbit he had in his pen; one that we came to like and actually hold in our arms. That was all I needed to hear, and I refused to eat it. I can't forget that experience, and so I would never consciously eat any
    rabbit to this day.

#196 4 years ago

embryonjohn That pic of the tourney is brutal. Not only am I in the process of losing $20, but you've got my bald spot featured prominently front and center. Like, I know it's there and all, but it still hurts to have to stare it down like that. Ouch man.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

For all those people who live near south Philly, DE, etc. the Boothwyn Farmers market has the same exact pretzel stand. Same owner. So you don’t have to wait a year for this awesomeness. Oh yea as a bonus they have 6-7 good pinball machine on location as well.

If only Booth's Corner was open on Sundays! Billy's + Pinball is the way to go.

Current lineup is Maverick, South Park, Metallica Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, Star Trek Premium, Dale Jr

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2019-hotel-food-show-talk-no-buy-sell-trade-want/page/4?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.