(Topic ID: 216998)

Pinfest 2019 - hotel, food, show talk (NO buy, sell, trade, want)

By bluespin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RatShack
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpeg
    068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg
    C573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpeg
    BADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpeg
    F165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpeg
    B732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpeg
    9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3673 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg
    0EB7D5DD-066E-4AD7-987F-19314F7CC125.jpeg
    8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png
    893426A7-CC3B-4E6F-90B4-018BF0ECEF1F.jpeg
    2019 pinfest shirt.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-174102 (resized).png
    1680A619-4AD1-4D14-A559-351E99EF6A55 (resized).jpeg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Is it rolling the dice though? As you can't choose..
    And can you choose the bed situation??[quoted image]

Those aren’t pillows !

2 weeks later
    #52 5 years ago

Gas prices appear to have stopped rapid increases but they’re still on the rise. It’s a big deal for those of us over 200 miles + away. I have an Exxon card that gets 6 cents off a gallon , I usually stop on 78 at exit 7 in NJ. Exit 3 has a White Castle to recharge your batteries, but the on and off ramps are a PITA.

#53 5 years ago

If you're coming up from the south through Maryland, gas prices are 20 cents per gallon cheaper here in MD than PA prices.

#54 5 years ago

For those party people staying at the Ramada God Bless you. The days of me drinking until 3AM and not worrying about dirty sheets ended for me in the 1980’s. Now get off my lawn !

1 week later
    #55 5 years ago

For those of us that also look at the show as an escape for a day....

This brewpub had good beers and excellent food (walking distance from Renaissance hotel):

https://thebrewworks.com/food/

This is walking distance from the show, great beer selection, local joint (very smokey, but "voted top 10 pizza joint in PA"):

https://www.tavernonliberty.com/

This place was across the street from the Renaissance, had a cool outside bar (Only downside we're stuck-up bartenders that ignored you):

http://thehamiltonkitchen.com/?

Anyone find any other cool joints for after the show? (Other than Tilted Kilt)

#56 5 years ago

For those of us that also look at the show as an escape for a day....
    This brewpub had good beers and excellent food (walking distance from Renaissance hotel):
    https://thebrewworks.com/food/
    This is walking distance from the show, great beer selection, local joint (very smokey, but "voted top 10 pizza joint in PA"):
    https://www.tavernonliberty.com/
    This place was across the street from the Renaissance, had a cool outside bar (Only downside we're stuck-up bartenders that ignored you):
    http://thehamiltonkitchen.com/?
    Anyone find any other cool joints for after the show? (Other than Tilted Kilt)

Tilted Kilt officially closed its doors right before Christmas. Me and my buddy went there last year , those kilts weren’t covering much . I’m not sure if there are any other Breastaurants in the area. BWW is hit or miss IMHFO.

Here is a nice pub with great reviews I’m tempted

stangebrew tavern allentown

#57 5 years ago

Anybody have a player's Roller Disco?

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Tilted Kilt officially closed its doors right before Christmas. Me and my buddy went there last year , those kilts weren’t covering much . I’m not sure if there are any other Breastaurants in the area. BWW is hit or miss IMHFO.
    Here is a nice pub with great reviews I’m tempted
    stangebrew tavern allentown

Wow, didn't know TK closed...Was a cool place with excellent scenery, but the food was just ok.. Strangebrew looks good, steamed clams with butter for $6 and a $7 Singlecut DIPA, and a cheese steak, yum! (Just scout out the bathroom first )

#59 5 years ago

(Just scout out the bathroom first )

Yeah the last thing I want is some spicy buffalo wings percolating in my colon and having to enter the bathroom they filmed Trainspotting in.

No roommate for me , keeping the wife happy. . She said what if the roommate turns out to be an axe murderer! I told her the odds of 2 axe murderers sharing a hotel room are astronomical!

#60 5 years ago

We’ll have to figure out a spot for some of us Pinsiders to get together this year. One that doesn’t turn out to be so dramatic preferably. I wasn’t even able to get to the party last year before it got shut down.

#61 5 years ago

Any pizza close by that’s highly rated ? Basically that’s not the cardboard Inside the show or @ the Farmers Market
    Not a fan of thin crust or real dry. I like average to thick crust with some oil from the necessary level of cheese

Salvatore Ruffino's Brick Oven Pizza

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Plus there is a Chickie & Pete’s down there too.

If anyone coming in hasn't tried Chickie & Pete's, it a must. Their lobster roll is better than any I had on Cape Cod. Crabfries yum.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

If anyone coming in hasn't tried Chickie & Pete's, it a must. Their lobster roll is better than any I had on Cape Cod. Crabfries yum.

Yup, there are some overpriced lobster rolls here on Cape Cod. But for me, I'll take a rib eye with baked any day.

#64 5 years ago

Being from the area here are places I would go

Hops at the Paddock

Liberty Street Ale House

The Shanty on 19th

Ringers Roost.

All are within walking except Hops at the paddock

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Hops at the Paddock
    Liberty Street Ale House
    The Shanty on 19th
    Ringers Roost.

Good to know, thanks!

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Hops at the Paddock
    Liberty Street Ale House
    The Shanty on 19th
    Ringers Roost.

Where are the best looking locals (women) gonna be?

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

We’ll have to figure out a spot for some of us Pinsiders to get together this year. One that doesn’t turn out to be so dramatic preferably. I wasn’t even able to get to the party last year before it got shut down.

I applaud your enthusiasm that a group of people from this site can get together without drama.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Where are the best looking locals (women) gonna be?

Probably at home, knowing there's a pinball show in town.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Probably at home, knowing there's a pinball show in town.

Definitely a smart idea.....

Wish I could remember the "bar" I found a few years ago. 50+ woman dancing on bar(not a strip club), 65+ woman (lacking dental care) at bar, guy that looked like Coolio semi passed out on what looked like a couch, butt of his gun sticking out waistband. (Was next to a body shop).... Buddy and I looked at each other, laughed, and walked out....

#70 5 years ago

aNy locals ever eat at Lee’s Hoagie House out by the car dealerships? I need a quick bite to grab when I go to Dick Blick to buy some Montana rattle cans. I only need a can or 2 and unless you spend 35$ shipping kills the on
    Line purchase.

I avoid “Olive Garden” to go (subway) because I like more than unlimited salad & breadsticks as my sandwich .

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I applaud your enthusiasm that a group of people from this site can get together without drama.

This is a no sale or trade talk thread so The Pinside Price Police aren’t here to muddy the water.

No mention of the security guard or the golf cart yet? Can’t wait to chuck and duck again.

#72 5 years ago

@Irishbastard: those are the bars that are the most fun. The unintended floor show.
    Have a seat , have a drink and watch the show.

#73 5 years ago

Wish I could remember the "bar" I found a few years ago. 50+ woman dancing on bar(not a strip club), 65+ woman (lacking dental care) at bar, guy that looked like Coolio semi passed out on what looked like a couch, butt of his gun sticking out waistband. (Was next to a body shop).... Buddy and I looked at each other, laughed, and walked out....

I thought that was your room.

Quoted from thirdedition:

It’s possible, just very unlikely. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Irishbastard: those are the bars that are the most fun. The unintended floor show.
    Have a seat , have a drink and watch the show.

In theory....but not that joint lol...It was baaaad...I used to bounce back in the day at a shady "18+" club, one of my tasks was to hose down the girls after nude jello "wrestling". I've seen in all, if it was actually appealing, we would have taken a seat at the bar

#75 5 years ago

one of my tasks was to hose down the girls after nude jello "wrestling".

Now that’s something to put down on a resume

#76 5 years ago

I had some great chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch last year at the Amish market attached to the fairgrounds. Was told there is place there that serves an awesome pot pie. Any info on the name or where I can find it in the building?

Last year was my first time attending. Only came up on Friday. Was thinking of staying over and maybe attending on Saturday this year. Sounds like there are some decent restaurants in the area. Is anyone planning a group outing or just hanging with friends?

#77 5 years ago

aNy locals ever eat at Lee’s Hoagie House out by the car dealerships? I need a quick bite to grab when I go to Dick Blick to buy some Montana rattle cans. I only need a can or 2 and unless you spend 35$ shipping kills the on
    Line purchase.
    I avoid “Olive Garden” to go (subway) because I like more than unlimited salad & breadsticks as my sandwich .

No but when I was in town for work and staying at the Courtyard by the airport I ate at the Primo's next to it almost every day on the company dime. Swartzies are awesome

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from WonderMellon:

I had some great chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch last year at the Amish market attached to the fairgrounds. Was told there is place there that serves an awesome pot pie.

That would be Dan's BBQ. It's on the left side, down the first ramp.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

THANKS!!!

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

Remember to take a # from the deli next to be served dispenser

#81 5 years ago

Just FYI, a group of my friends and I go to Jordan Lanes for bowling. On Thursday nights they have 1.00 games, and 1.00 drafts.
    DOLLAR DEAL
    Tues & Thurs
    You can still have fun for $1.00 at Jordan Lanes
    $1.00 games, $1.00 popcorn and $1.00 soda.
    Bar opens at 5:00pm for $1.00 drafts

https://thenewjordanlanes.com/

#82 5 years ago

Bowling and beers sounds like fun. To save ppl
    The lengthy website navigation... here is the address and phone #

5536AE32-6210-4916-8829-649F73CB790E (resized).png5536AE32-6210-4916-8829-649F73CB790E (resized).png
    #83 5 years ago

Does anybody have anything they wanna buy, sell, or trade? LMK

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

There is a buy sell or trade thread but there is some conflict going on with price policing and down voting. Hopefully someone reading your post responds favorably. Cheers.

#85 5 years ago

Rule breaking “knob shiner”!!!

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

The Shanty on 19th

Didn't this place get shut down recently due to filth and crappy owners?

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Didn't this place get shut down recently due to filth and crappy owners?

Oh now I’m interested. Clean and respectable is boooring

#88 5 years ago

Yep, it did.

#89 5 years ago

Bowling and beers sounds like fun. To save ppl
    The lengthy website navigation... here is the address and phone #
    [quoted image]

Its a shithole

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Its a shithole

1.00 beers, 1.00 bowling.. Who cares if it's a shithole.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

1.00 beers, 1.00 bowling.. Who cares if it's a shithole.

I quess I do ...... it’s a matter of taste I quess

#92 5 years ago

I'll be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott on Emrick Blvd. in the little town of Bethlehem, PA.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I quess I do ...... it’s a matter of taste I quess

More beer for me then

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Its a shithole

Sign me up then. I bet we’ll see more interesting people than the overhead security cameras at WalMart

#95 5 years ago

Yes I just cleaned the car. I have some moldy McNuggets half eaten French fries a 1/4 of what I think is a snickers bar gum wrappers empty water bottles and some peanuts. I’ll trade all that stuff for a dog fish 90 minute and a single cut prog dipa from here.

https://keystonepub.com/whitehall-beers

I’ll even throw in a few recently added black jelly beans.

#96 5 years ago

I’ll have my usual stash of homemade brownies. If you got kids or the munchies find me in the indoor flea.

#97 5 years ago

I’ll have my usual stash of homemade brownies. If you got kids or the munchies find me in the indoor flea.

Oh, yes I remember last year buying some of your signs; I got a bonus brownie!

I'll be heading over in the morning with some coffee for one, can't wait.

#98 5 years ago

What’s in the brownies?

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

What’s in the brownies?

Screenshot_20190420-223242 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190420-223242 (resized).png
    #100 4 years ago

Well, my buddy is out (dog sitter issues).....do I feel like flying solo.... especially since I hear the new England crew will be sparse? Hmm, decisions, decisions...

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2019-hotel-food-show-talk-no-buy-sell-trade-want/page/2?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.