(Topic ID: 216998)

Pinfest 2019 - hotel, food, show talk (NO buy, sell, trade, want)

By bluespin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RatShack
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4883F4A8-F92B-4807-887F-3353083052A8 (resized).jpeg
    068163DA-1CFB-470C-BAA9-F3654F2A43D9 (resized).jpeg
    C573E1C3-1667-4D46-A37C-704D9640E048 (resized).jpeg
    BADD0C6D-593C-4004-AC32-1979A0203DCE (resized).jpeg
    F165501A-601A-4676-9928-60DA9D6F2D1C (resized).jpeg
    B732B4FC-81D0-4DB9-A3D6-B3019EC8718A (resized).jpeg
    9823387C-EA22-490E-A1FA-FB5A8ED23E13 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3673 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    272E9619-FFB2-4D5E-92AA-260318A95C7B (resized).jpeg
    0EB7D5DD-066E-4AD7-987F-19314F7CC125.jpeg
    8656CE9B-4331-49DE-A2CE-E707F099F4AF (resized).png
    893426A7-CC3B-4E6F-90B4-018BF0ECEF1F.jpeg
    2019 pinfest shirt.jpg
    Screenshot_20190423-174102 (resized).png
    1680A619-4AD1-4D14-A559-351E99EF6A55 (resized).jpeg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

Time to move on from the 2018 show thread.

#2 5 years ago

The Pinfest website hasn't been updated with 2019 dates yet. However, at the close of the show on Saturday night they announced it would be the same week next year. I'm assuming that means May 2-4, 2019.

#3 5 years ago

Think we will be trying the Comfort inn again next year. That Ramada just stunk, literally.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

The Pinfest website hasn't been updated with 2019 dates yet. However, at the close of the show on Saturday night they announced it would be the same week next year. I'm assuming that means May 2-4, 2019.

Thanks Mike. I'll update as soon as they update their site or Ivan responds. Ivan and his crew did another great job this year and they deserve some time off to recuperate.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Think we will be trying the Comfort inn again next year. That Ramada just stunk, literally.

What stunk? The piss soaked carpet, the pet friendly bedding?? Or the bartender chick(s) recently released from The Methodone Clinic ?

I gotta admit if I was in my 20’s I woulda stayed at The Ramada. Fast forward a bunch of decades and Now I avoid places
    Like that. Hats off to the poster who busted his ass trying to make that pinball game room happen.

My notes and conversations with others are leading me towards the Wingate in 2019, hopefully that 89$ rate carries over.

#6 5 years ago

So the booze bus was docked this year and we all stayed at the Ramada. I have to laugh,a couple of the guys in our group told us at breakfast there was no shower curtain in their bathroom. they did not let that stop them LOL. Management had a curtain there the second night. So what do you think happened to the first curtain?

#7 5 years ago

Had a lot of fun at the show this year, my friends and I are already looking forward to 2019. I know a lot of people are pissed at the Ramada but for what it's worth, my friends and I have only ever had good experiences there.

3 months later
    #8 5 years ago

How about Allentown hotel rating contributers .

1 point being crack hoes and bed bugs and 10 points being the Taj Mahal with golden toilets .

These are the 2 places I’ve stayed in the 7 years I attended.

Comfort Suites - 7
    Windham Suites 7.5

3 months later
    #9 5 years ago

Allentown bump,don’t forget to request your flea and vendor spaces next month.
    Remember in 2018 some people who didn’t register games early were turned down as last minute Charlie’s. I head it was because the free play floor was fully booked .

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

How about Allentown hotel rating contributers .
    1 point being crack hoes and bed bugs and 10 points being the Taj Mahal with golden toilets .
    These are the 2 places I’ve stayed in the 7 years I attended.
    Comfort Suites - 7
    Windham Suites 7.5

Renaissance -10+

Liked the downtown location, which was walking distance to a great brewpub and cool outside bar. Place was very modern, and extremely clean. Yes, overkill for most going to a pinball show, but to each their own.

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn and Comfort Suites in the past, had issues at Comfort two years ago(when mostly everyone else did) but they were taken care of with a room change quickly. Both were fine otherwise..

Don't know if I'm attending this year but if I do, Renaissance all the way...

3 weeks later
    #11 5 years ago

Anyone able to register a game, a flea space or a vendor spot yet ? I’m looking to book my regular flea spot again plus a few free play pins.

Update: all set now, menu is on the upper left margin if the Pinfestival Webpage.

2 weeks later
    #12 5 years ago

Lodging info still TBD on Pinfestival
    website for 2019 . Wingate was bought out recently not sure what rate Ivan will get.

#13 5 years ago

Tried to book at the Comfort Suites, that is booked up already.

#14 5 years ago

Booked rooms at the Springhill Suites, little bit further away, but looks really nice.

#15 5 years ago

Wingate was 116 for a King just booked it

#16 5 years ago

Wingate was 116 for a King just booked it

I stayed there two years ago other side of the freeway from the comfort suites. Clean rooms, but bathroom needed updating. Large back parking lot, easy to move trailers in and out. It was probably $89 a night. Last year someone said that a large group of Canadians was going to negotiate a special group rate.

#17 5 years ago

Everyone book the Ramada then cancel last minute!

#18 5 years ago

Not sure if we'll be driving out Thursday night or Friday morning. If we stay over on Thursday, it'll probably be the comfort inn in fogelsville. Stayed there 2 years ago. Very, very low rates, clean, and modern.

2 weeks later
    #19 5 years ago

Stopped by the fairgrounds farmers market today after doing a show.

IMG_3398 (resized).JPGIMG_3398 (resized).JPG
    #20 5 years ago

Lodging has been updated on the site, don't see Comfort Suites this year.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Lodging has been updated on the site, don't see Comfort Suites this year.

Has changed name to Allentown Suites. Becoming a Four Points in June.

#22 5 years ago

? I checked and the lodging link and it still says 2019 info coming soon?

#23 5 years ago

Try refreshing your page

#24 5 years ago

Booked at the Days Inn. Accidently did it at booking.com......didn't even realize it so I cancellef it and called them directly and got a much better price.

#25 5 years ago

Booked at the Wingate with the rest of the Canadian contingent.

#26 5 years ago

Thank you Ivan!

#27 5 years ago

I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year. A bit longer drive, but it was really nice.

#28 5 years ago

Dumb question perhaps but I have never been to a show but the wife and I are thinking of going. Question I have is are vendor prices higher or lower than online pricing - say I want to get some sort of mod from Lermods and that is $30 on their site. Will it be more or less than that at the show (yes I know I would save at least the shipping of course). Just trying to decide if it matters if I wait to order some things or just get them now.

TIA

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Dumb question perhaps but I have never been to a show but the wife and I are thinking of going. Question I have is are vendor prices higher or lower than online pricing - say I want to get some sort of mod from Lermods and that is $30 on their site. Will it be more or less than that at the show (yes I know I would save at least the shipping of course). Just trying to decide if it matters if I wait to order some things or just get them now.
    TIA

You want something before the show, contact me and I’ll provide a cash discount. I’ll have it put aside for you. That goes for anyone.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

You want something before the show, contact me and I’ll provide a cash discount. I’ll have it put aside for you. That goes for anyone.

Sweet makes me wish I hadn't just ordered a bunch of stuff, lol.

Appreciate the offer greatly, thanks.

#31 5 years ago

Looking at hotels in the area. I see the Renaissance is "pet friendly". For $200 a night do I get the litter box too?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Looking at hotels in the area. I see the Renaissance is "pet friendly". For $200 a night do I get the litter box too?

No litter box, but it was a top notch hotel...I liked the fact I could walk to a brew pub for dinner, and stumble across the street to a cool outside bar (with A Hole bartenders).

Splitting between my buddy and I, it's a no brainier.....I don't get out like I used to, I don't feel like staying in a "meh" joint, so F it.....$200 for a night is nothing in most places.....(I spent more than that on dinner last night)

#33 5 years ago

A Pinsider said that he stayed at the Renaissance last year. He offered $80 a night through Hotwire and they accepted his offer

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

A Pinsider said that he stated st the are Renaissance last year. He offered $80 a night through Hotwire and they accepted his offer

Believe it was Priceline

#35 5 years ago

Ok whose got the best breakfast? When I’m on vacation it’s Belgian Waffles or bust

There’s a real good pizza & sandwich shop
    Towards 222 heading back to the hotel area: Deliciosa’s . Huge fan of Wert’s cafe the open faced Reuben is my favorite . In the market Billy’s Pretzel wraps are awesome. Dan’s BBQ has good food as well. They’re downstairs by the ramp. Me personally I avoid the pizza in the market at the street entrance.

#36 5 years ago

Holiday Inn has a smallish but decent breakfast buffet. It has a Pancake Printer on it. There is also a Waffle Maker (not automated like the pancakes) .

#37 5 years ago

Renaissance Hotel has a parking garage. Can you get a pickup and enclosed trailer in, or is off site parking available?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Renaissance Hotel has a parking garage. Can you get a pickup and enclosed trailer in, or is off site parking available?

I stayed there last year, booked for this year as well (If I do attend). It was your normal cramped parking garage, located on the side of the hotel(shared with event center I believe). I don't see getting a pickup with a trailer in there easily in any way (I'd F it up big-time if I tried). I don't believe there is any other parking available (other than street) since It's downtown. Use Google Street view to get a better idea.

1 week later
    #39 5 years ago

I'm bringing Williams Indiana Jones back for freeplay (not for sale.) Will likely bring 3 games total- and requests based on my current collection?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

The Wingate has a large parking lot in back, can probably hold 30 pickup trucks and their trailers. It’s on the other side of the freeway from the amusement park and (dis)comfort suites. Free breakfast. Much nicer than The Ramada Inn, but not as nice as Renaissance, Marriot, etc

#41 5 years ago

Just booked the Renaissance on pricelines express deals for $93. Here's what it looks like as an express deal.

Screenshot_20190304-093127 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190304-093127 (resized).png
    #42 5 years ago

Wow, great deal!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm bringing Williams Indiana Jones back for freeplay (not for sale.) Will likely bring 3 games total- and requests based on my current collection?

Family Guy and Whirlwind please

#44 5 years ago

Is it rolling the dice though? As you can't choose..

And can you choose the bed situation??

GAC_PlanesTrains-870x491.jpgGAC_PlanesTrains-870x491.jpg
    #45 5 years ago

Just went to that site and as an "express deal", they don't disclose the hotel until after you book it. I chose the exact options as you, and was booked at the Staybridge Suites. Not too pleased with the savings after comparing the regular rate. Oh well...

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Just went to that site and as an "express deal", they don't disclose the hotel until after you book it. I chose the exact options as you, and was booked at the Staybridge Suites. Not too pleased with the savings after comparing the regular rate. Oh well...

That's what I was afraid of....O well, the extra hundo doesn't bother me, want Renaissance so won't risk it..

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

It's the only hotel that was $93 and had the same amenities and was over $200 originally. You have to do a little research and compare what each hotel has and you can be pretty certain. Staybridge is 3 star and renaissance is 3.5 stars. Biggest way to narrow it down is star ratings.

#48 5 years ago

Any pizza close by that’s highly rated ? Basically that’s not the cardboard Inside the show or @ the Farmers Market
    Not a fan of thin crust or real dry. I like average to thick crust with some oil from the necessary level of cheese

#49 5 years ago

Any pizza close by that’s highly rated ? Basically that’s not the cardboard Inside the show or @ the Farmers Market
    Not a fan of thin crust or real dry. I like average to thick crust with some oil from the necessary level of cheese

There’s a few really good pizza joints downtown, only 3 miles away from the venue. Hop and a skip. Plus there is a Chickie & Pete’s down there too.

A few of us shut that place down last year. Had to handtruck a few people back to the hotel.

#50 5 years ago

Anyone know if any of the nearby hotels have chargers for electric vehicles?

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2019-hotel-food-show-talk-no-buy-sell-trade-want and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.