(Topic ID: 216590)

Pinfest 2019 - buy, sell, trade, want ( no hotel talk)

By shlockdoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,088 posts
  • 424 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E1703624-D3F2-4DEC-B88A-393823116046 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8706 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8688 (resized).jpg
    31EC8AD1-FCDC-4309-A3C9-FA829F76C351 (resized).png
    IMG_20190507_113749615 (resized).jpg
    20190503114954885 (resized).jpg
    20190503114950399 (resized).jpg
    20190503114941870 (resized).jpg
    20190503114921066 (resized).jpg
    20190503114916868 (resized).jpg
    20190503114359298 (resized).jpg
    20190503114325167 (resized).jpg
    20190503114317501 (resized).jpg
    20190503114306490 (resized).jpg
    20190503114256864 (resized).jpg
    9CC10BE4-876E-4727-BEB7-8E27A7B4DF53 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

any suggestions for hotels?

Discovery inn, garland, TX.
    Mark is the owner. He has a conference room with about 12 pinballs set to freeplay. Super nice guy. Great prices. He is a legend for those "in the know."

Tell him you are there for TPF. He is a big pinball fan.

#102 5 years ago

I have a TWD Pro for trade that I could possibly hold for the right game. Open to offers.

Machine - For Trade
    HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Looking to trade my TWD Pro. Has colorDMD and shaker along with plastic protectors, custom wood burned instruction cards, some color LEDs. It’s a great game. I just want to mix u...”
    2019-02-12
    Coatesville, PA
    Trade
    Archived after: 33 days
    Viewed: 515 times

#103 5 years ago

Will be here before y'a know it!

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

any suggestions for hotels?

I've stayed at the Ramada the last few years, and have no issues with it. Price is good too.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from PJKools:

My local place only wanted around $50 for a custom glass

Was it tempered or plate?

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Was it tempered or plate?

Tempered. I am picking it up later this week. It was somewhere between $50-60...haven't paid yet.

#107 5 years ago

JK glass in dallas (right by TPF) sells tempered pinball glass for 29.99 and even less for multiples

#108 5 years ago

Looking for a super orbit

#109 5 years ago

Looking for a Whirlwind topper

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

The whole deal, or just the cloud? I have a used, yellowed one that I replaced with new

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

The whole deal, or just the cloud? I have a used, yellowed one that I replaced with new

Whole deal, but a used, yellow cloud piece is better than nothing!

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Let me just say yes I know everyone on the planet is looking for these. However, I really need the two boulders from Whitewater or a whole Boulder set I am tired of emailing Larry over at Starship fantasy every month only to hear that they will be out in three to four more weeks. If anyone has these please end my agony and sell me your extras.

I have a partial set (missing the insanity falls mountain) that's in pretty nice shape. Just a small chip on the bottom flat part of one of the boulder garden boulders. Easy enough to patch if you stick the cliffys protector underneath.

20190212_175656 (resized).jpg20190212_175656 (resized).jpg
    #113 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This gonna be for sale?

I asked him in a pm wont tell me the price or take a deposit.

I like to arrange my purchases in advance as I have a very far drive and have to exchange my money in Canada before i come.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I asked him in a pm wont tell me the price or take a deposit.

I like to arrange my purchases in advance as I have a very far drive and have to exchange my money in Canada before i come

I don't want to hurt the show by pre-selling. It will be for sale on the floor there. The price will be on the machine at 1pm on Thursday.

#115 5 years ago

I am looking for a set of Ted's or Rudy's eyeballs and the white crank piece to move them right and left..........anyone?

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I don't want to hurt the show by pre-selling. It will be for sale on the floor there. The price will be on the machine at 1pm on Thursday.

How does it hurt the show? It will still be there on freeplay.

I'm not gonna drag a trailer 8 hours across the states and a pay a fee to exchange my money to usd if there isnt a deal in place.

Guaranteed sale now... or possible sale at show and people haggling on price. I just dont get it.

#117 5 years ago

Will have some CV plastics and ramps. Probably bring 2 machines the Simpson’s 1990 and Strange Science which are in the marketplace now and getting no attention. Maybe more machines that will be posted if the above 2 sell prior to show.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

Will have some CV plastics and ramps. Probably bring 2 machines the Simpson’s 1990 and Strange Science which are in the marketplace now and getting no attention. Maybe more machines that will be posted if the above 2 sell prior to show.

How much are you asking for strange science? Where is the listing?

#119 5 years ago

Got one as well if the other does not work for you

Quoted from speederice:

#120 5 years ago

I should have some color DMD's for sale. No idea what games I'm bringing yet.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Got one as well if the other does not work for you

Awesome! Same condition? I can find the fan, motor, and bracket on Marco, everything but that dang cloud!

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Awesome! Same condition? I can find the fan, motor, and bracket on Marco, everything but that dang cloud!

Mine is cracked in the front and at the mounting points, if jkash's is nicer ya may want to go that route

#123 5 years ago

Go big get a new one:

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/whirlwind/whirlwind-topper.html

This is where I got my new one.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine is cracked in the front and at the mounting points, if jkash's is nicer ya may want to go that route

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I need a short playfield glass for a pitch & bat: 38" X 23" X 3/16" thick. Local glass shops around here want about $80 for tempered glass.
    Do I really need tempered for a p&b? Does anyone have a used glass in that size for sale?

I might have one at my old shop. Will have to look but long story short. I have to wait until the snow clears.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

How does it hurt the show? It will still be there on freeplay.
    I'm not gonna drag a trailer 8 hours across the states and a pay a fee to exchange my money to usd if there isnt a deal in place.
    Guaranteed sale now... or possible sale at show and people haggling on price. I just dont get it.

Someone out there is really interested in a stars, it's a great game. On a really simple level here are my thoughts.

If I bring a stars, someone will bring game "A" to put on the floor to ensure that they get in the show day 1. Without stars they may just pay their 20 bucks at the door day two and not bring a game. By bringing stars not presold, it may put a second game on the free play floor indirectly. Game "A" will more than likely have a price on it. Hopefully game "A" sells and they start looking to buy another game.

I've always found that a show does better the more time money changes hands and the more games for sale on the floor.

By the way. I love negotiating.

#126 5 years ago

Not to mention...when games are pre sold they tend not to ever be set up the floor for people like me who are paying the $20 to come play games. I can't tell you how many times I've had people say "did you see XYZ game or did you play it" and I go "no...where is it" only to find out it is no longer on the floor.

Hopefully whoever buys Stars in this case leaves it set up for the actual show. I for one wouldn't mind actually playing it.

Having bought a lot of games from @96Stang I can tell you he is a stand-up guy who definitely will negotiate.

Quoted from the96stang:

Someone out there is really interested in a stars, it's a great game. On a really simple level here are my thoughts.
    If I bring a stars, someone will bring game "A" to put on the floor to ensure that they get in the show day 1. Without stars they may just pay their 20 bucks at the door day two and not bring a game. By bringing stars not presold, it may put a second game on the free play floor indirectly. Game "A" will more than likely have a price on it. Hopefully game "A" sells and they start looking to buy another game.
    I've always found that a show does better the more time money changes hands and the more games for sale on the floor.
    By the way. I love negotiating.

#127 5 years ago

Either way, my new name for you is jkash!

#128 5 years ago

Having made the long drive down from the same area as Mitch - i definetly preferred pre-arranged sale. There’s just a lot to consider like exchanging money and not being “oh man i found this great pin but oh crap im too short of funds” And lots of Canadian’s bring games down too - and i’d sure want to know it was sold So i knew i had room to bring one back.

I appreciate where Stang is coming from too - there are a lot of deals made even during the vendor setup, and it would suck if everyone pulled games off the floor early. Even if the buyer says they wont, once money changes hands its theirs to do what the want, just pay the small fee and load it up.

No right of wrong. Just two different perspectives. Either way hoping for another great show this year!

#129 5 years ago

Works perfect!

Quoted from yzfguy:

Either way, my new name for you is jkash!

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from per3per3:

Anyone planning of bringing any of the following machines for sale in good condition?
    Congo
    Radical
    Flash Gordon
    Taxi

I’ll be bringing a Flash Gordon if I have it done in time.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Works perfect!

Thanks for the link jkash! Haha.

#132 5 years ago

Looking for robocop, stargate, JM, Jackbot, Congo

May have a Mars Trek, Speakeasy, Flipper Clown, Little Chief to sell

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Discovery inn, garland, TX.
    Mark is the owner. He has a conference room with about 12 pinballs set to freeplay. Super nice guy. Great prices. He is a legend for those "in the know."
    Tell him you are there for TPF. He is a big pinball fan.

Sounds nice... but would be a heck of a drive to the Allentown Fairgrounds every morning...

#134 5 years ago

Looks like I will be bringing a nice Gottlieb Operation Thunder for free-play and sale. I also have a really nice TFTC if anyone is interested.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pneuma:

Will know in a few weeks if I can make it... but would love to pick up a nice Gottlieb Big Hit or Gottlieb "300". Will be looking to sell or trade my Top Score and possibly my Williams Rancho...

PM sent on the Rancho

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Sounds nice... but would be a heck of a drive to the Allentown Fairgrounds every morning...

Yeah but imagine the rewards points you could rack up ! I think he meant to post on the TPF Thread, ironically i’ll Be @ both shows myself.

#137 5 years ago

Plan on bringing my wheel of fortune

#138 5 years ago

Hello everyone! I know this thread (and the other PinFest one) are mainly about the show and games, but we have just made some announcements about the Tournaments at the event, so I am cross-posting here and encouraging you to check out this other thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-tournament-2019-a-stern-pro-circuit-event#post-4838521

Pinball machines are what makes this event possible and we are hoping to have about 20 available for the tournament. If you are interested in bringing a machine, please go to this Survey and let us know: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y8-oEW8aIbLgU37rqtgGJ31cQ4MoQa8gCQKk7-bXhdg/edit This year we are offering $80 in tournament credit or $60 in Cash for machines that are part of the event. Please check out this page for more information: http://www.pinfesttournament.com/bring-a-machine

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

Hello everyone! I know this thread (and the other PinFest one) are mainly about the show and games, but we have just made some announcements about the Tournaments at the event

Disappointed that there won't be a group play tournament like there was last year at both Allentown and the York show.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Disappointed that there won't be a group play tournament like there was last year at both Allentown and the York show.

Was super fun even if it didn't go so well

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Last year at Allentown it was a CF because the machine locations weren't documented properly. But that wasn't an issue at the York show.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Quoted from zacaj:

Quoted from VectorGamer:

Last year at Allentown it was a CF because the machine locations weren't documented properly. But that wasn't an issue at the York show.

Our thought process is that we know our resources are limited so we wanted to focus on an improved Main Event.

We still have a Friday-only event ("The Gauntlet"). We also know there was a lot of wasted time between rounds of the MatchPlay, and there are a TON of cool things to do at the show, so we wanted to design a Friday event when people can take their shot at something competitive and not have to wait 1.5 hours between playing games.

We took the lessons learned from PinFest and applied them to York and plan to keep running the MatchPlay Event at York. Zac and Jason Z did so well on TOTAN last year that we now have an IFPA-approved rule in place on how to deal with runaway games where multiple people save the princess multiple times.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

We took the lessons learned from PinFest and applied them to York and plan to keep running the MatchPlay Event at York. Zac and Jason Z did so well on TOTAN last year that we now have an IFPA-approved rule in place on how to deal with runaway games where multiple people save the princess multiple times.

Sorry

#144 5 years ago

I will be bringing a project Bally Paragon to sell. Worn PF. Price will depend on how much work I do to it. PM for details.

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold!

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

hey All,
    Just wanted to let everybody know that we will be doing glass again this year. It worked out really well last year and we pretty much sold out. I would like to get an idea on the need so we have plenty on hand. We will certainly give discounts on quantity again this year. If there is a specific size thats need, I need to know this by mid March. I think I have a 6 week lead time on the order. I'll be doing pre-orders again this year as well. If you wish to reserve glass or order specific sizes, it will need to be pre-payed. I will set it up for invoice and you will have the option to paypal or send a check.
    As always, any specific needs, questions or concerns can be pm'd to me.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2019

A long shot, but any chance you can get cocktail pin glass?

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

A long shot, but any chance you can get cocktail pin glass?

I think I'd pass on that. I believe that would be difficult and expensive. There must be a source that does considering all the multicades that are made today.

#147 5 years ago

I am looking for original sega backbox hinges (for a Goldeneye) or at least the left one:

515-5987-00 left side
    515-5987-01 right side

I bought one from marcospec last year but unfortunately, it doesn't fit even if the part number is correct. See picture below. Hinge on the left is the original and hinge on the right comes from marcospec.

Thanks!

segahinge (resized).jpgsegahinge (resized).jpg
    #148 5 years ago

Bally Fireball $2350

Quoted from Dono:

Oops photos!!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#149 5 years ago

On the hunt for a Diamond Play field Williams Diner.

#150 5 years ago

On the hunt for:

Bally Joust Backglass
    Bally Cosmint (Cosmos) Backglass
    Gottlieb Sea Belle's Backglass
    Gottlieb Whirl-Wind Backglass
    Full head and Backglass for Williams Gay 90s
    Williams Tri Zone Backglass.

Basically looking for anything better than what I already have.

There are 2,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2019-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/3?hl=mrudowsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.