IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Should I bring Airborne or Phantom of the Opera?

Airborne! Have yet to see a working one

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

I'm curious about this because I've just started helping a friend track down 3 EM's that he would love to add to his collection. I went through two companies who have found pins for me in the past and they said that they just don't make parts for EM machines any more, and rarely come up for sale (Bobby Orr, Ice Fever, and Olympic Hockey specifically). Can anyone tell me if there are still folks out there who still offer EM pinball repair services / acquisition help?

Only one of those is an EM...

2 months later
#406 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this includes those bringing games set on free play, correct?

Yes, you can come in earlier Friday, or on Thursday

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

—how much abuse does a game typically get on the show floor? I’ve brought games to York in the past, but I know Allentown is a different beast.

I've brought a game for the past few years. Only thing that's ever happened to mine is they got a few hundred plays on them. I don't exactly watch them closely beyond coming by every few hours to play a test game but never had any problems

2 weeks later
#484 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Does anyone at the show do boardwork while-u-wait? I have a couple of boards that need the GI header pins removed & new ones installed, might as well bring to the show rather than send out.

If you bring the boards and the new pins I'm sure there are plenty of people there that could do it for you.

If no one else I can do it. I'm not quite as neat as the pros but I've done it for many of mine without problems

2 weeks later
#591 6 years ago

What's the current party room game list?

3 weeks later
#732 6 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

Not sure if I will be bringing a Subaru Forrester (04) or may rent a minivan. Either one should fit a machine for the ride home. If (when) I decide to buy one, do I bring cash, or just do PayPal on the spot?

Bring cash, many people won't accept paypal or checks.

Quoted from WonderMellon:Compared to arcade games, I am still in sticker shock with regard to pinball machines. I am happy at $500, OK at $1,000 and groaning at $1500. We are actually looking for early to mid 80's, in working condition, solid state games. Are my finances just out of reality for the market? It is difficult for me to tell when I see the same game go for $750 one time and $3,000 the next. I look up the prices in the game section here, but the Classified's are listed for so much higher.

$1k-2k will probably find you many early 80s

Quoted from WonderMellon:Any other tips for a first timer?

Bring some padding/etc to make sure the machine doesn't slide around once you get it packed.

1 week later
#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Only bullshit I saw on Friday was the GTB star gate machine with the smashed play field glass. The owner looked very upset and should have been! He was picking the glass out by hand and then I saw another attendee a few minutes later with a mini shop vac helping him clean it out.

Ouch! Any idea what happened? Bad luck or some kind of abuse? Never seen one break in a machine

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

just hold in start for a few seconds and it will result to player 1, ball 1, single player game.

Not on older games, or could have been disabled on newer

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

he sarcastically responded to the fit bluespin had for rage tilting by picking the game up

Funny, somehow that doesn't sound any better...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.