IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 6 years ago

My two annual shows are now Pintastic and Allentown. Both awesome shows.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hilton, you're coming regardless. I have to meet you in person after reading your posts on here for three years. Plus I need some equally sarcastic back up.

This. I want to do a shot with ya!

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Can you bring those peanut donuts again?

Can you both wear Daisy dukes again?

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll be there again with tequila! Find me. 6' 2" ...Hawaiian shirt...Yellow cary bag...(see pic)

Would you just call it a man-purse already?!

3 weeks later
#313 6 years ago

I am against hotel posts.

1 week later
#332 6 years ago

Anybody ideas about good hotels in the area?

#341 6 years ago

So, there are hotels?

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Bedbug joints and non-bedbug joints...Yup..
We have a pool and a pond...A pond would probably be better for you...

What makes ya think I'd prefer a pond?

#350 6 years ago

Caddy shack quote....Sry, forgot the "" (Figured everyone on the planet saw the movie, my apologies)

LOL, without hearing the voice, it went right over my head!

#359 6 years ago

Was hoping for a hotel update, it's been quite a while

#371 6 years ago

Do any hotels have room service?

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I plan on being there...just haven’t picked a hotel yet

That have hotels there?

1 week later
#426 6 years ago

Can we get back to hotel talk please?

1 week later
#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'll be bringing this weird pink dude.
It'll be in the free play area (for Friday at least)

That's an interesting looking game!

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I think they do have an outside seating area.

But do the HOTELS have outdoor seating areas?

1 week later
#508 6 years ago

Yes! Hotel talk!

1 week later
#578 6 years ago

Thank goodness we are back to the hotel talk!

2 weeks later
#659 6 years ago

Hope your getting a kickback from Ramada....You must have mentioned it 612 times in the last few months...

642 to be exact.

#683 6 years ago

Don't forget to print out and wear a pinside lanyard thingie. I used to be embarrassed to do it, but since you all are going to buy me a beer when you recognize mine, what the hell! It goes like this: "hey, yzfguy, I saw your post on pinside... Here is a beer!"

1 week later
#766 5 years ago

I'm curious, who "screwed the pooch", or what happened to stop it?....I remember when they didn't care if people we're drinking outside, everyone had grills set up etc, was a fun escape from inside for a bit when the weather was nice. Then one year, BAM, inbreed on a golf cart with a Vendetta, dry campus....

Um... We've been drinking outside every year and never been bothered. I think the key is to not act like a tool

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never saw this as an asset. Pain in the ass and can cause longer lines and wait times.

OMG... it finally happened. I agree with Levi!

#827 5 years ago

I see we have shifted from a hotel thread to a waze thread.

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone know how many pins fit in a 26 foot straight truck? Trying to plan our day tomorrow. Not sure if we're going to need one trip or two

Rookies!

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

John, Thanks for the pinball head and glad to meet ya in person.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

I want to thank the people who stole my cooler full of beer at the room 101 at Ramada White hall, that was a cheap shot.

What?! Who does shit like this?!

#1227 5 years ago

I had a great time this year as always. I got to meet and buy a Megatouch from pinball mike217. What a nice guy and a great deal. Anyone looking to do business with him in the future should have no worries.
Bought some mods from Matt at back alley creations. I have bought stuff from him in the past but this show seemed to die early on Saturday and things were slow enough I actually had a chance to bust his chops a little. then he ended up buying a little something from me great guy and very creative.
One of my favorite things about this hobby is all the cool people I get to meet. I got to hang out with some old friends and some new and each year the group seems to get bigger of like-minded people I want to share a drink with and hang out. Sure there are the weirdos and pompous asses (you know who you are ), but we are a pretty cool group of people when it comes down to it. Looking forward to pintastic next, see you all there.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have machines in commercial service. If someone did that to one of my games they'd be out of here so fast they'd be wondering what the F*CK happened. They'd never be back in here either.
LTG : )

GO LLOYD!!

#1369 5 years ago

It would be great if this were discussed thru p.m. instead of derailing a thread and making anyone reading it believe that the show attendees are all in 8th grade and can't handle their hormones or alcohol.

#1452 5 years ago

I dunno.... I think the hotel reviews were more interesting.

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Well said! We were set up in our typical two spaces again this year (for the 4th year if my memory is correct) and I have seen a change in the show each year. I do agree the flea market area was a little sparse but if no one can find reasonably priced machines for sale how can people expect the flea market dealers to have record numbers of them? 5 or 6 years ago I was grabbing a machine or two just about every week. In the past two years (if it wasn't for my two warehouse deals) I think I have picked up about a dozen machines total (maybe not even that many). So if I can only buy one machine every few weeks where am I suppose to get inventory to take to the show? (I am not talking about just me but I am speaking for a lot of other sellers also).
On top of that I am having to pay 25 or 30% more for project machines yet buyers at the show still expect to buy at 2015 prices? There just isn't enough money in machines these days to justify buying them for resale unless you get really really lucky. So I wouldn't expect things in the flea market area to get better any time soon.
Thankfully next year will likely be my last year setting up -- not due to anything Ivan has or has not done but due to the fact I am just getting too old for all the work for very little return. And if "Phase 2" of my warehouse deal doesn't happen (for any reason) this year was likely my last time setting up. I love the show - I love the interaction with people - but the numbers just make it pretty much impossible for me to continue. I am not complaining - I am just stating the cold hard facts.
Don't blame Ivan & his crew for the hobby changing! The hobby today seems to be more about mods & bling and less about bringing old machines back to life. I think that is one of the reasons I am really starting to lose interest in everything pinball - not just in the show.

Holy hell.... You're gonna need a new keyboard soon, they are only good for so many keystrokes.

#1475 5 years ago

I just created the 2020 thread. Gonna be huge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=yzfguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.