IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shlockdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 6 years ago

I will have a nice demo man for sale

And a satchel dammit

2 weeks later
1 week later
#369 6 years ago

I can’t believe that hotel..........

1 week later
#432 6 years ago

What time does Room service stop?

1 month later
#641 6 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

There were a few seminars many years ago, when it was run by the Hein family and called the Pinball Wizards Convention. For 2018, Pintastic New England will have a very solid program of seminars on June 29th and 30th.
.................David Marston

Dave any shot for an intro to board repair / how to best utilize a DMM seminar?

1 week later
#723 5 years ago

Sample Dirty Harry for sale / trade. Can bring to pinfest.

Machine - For Trade
Dirty Harry Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice sample Dirty Harry. Mirror blades, leds, new dmd, upgraded speakers. Has drop target by warehouse. Few nicks and scrapes. Have additional photos to share. Plays smooth. Flip...”
2018-04-25
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
Trade
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 1711 times

#813 5 years ago

My Buddy who is a game tech is planning on listing the following, they are not mine, he is not an active pinsider and i told him i would help with getting the word out:

POTC - HUO, color dmd, Back alley dmd panel and tons of other mods

Congo - Super Duper Nice color cabinet ( not black and white) pinball toppers.com topper not available any longer.

World cup soccer 94 - nice pin has the one typical cracked plastic by the goalie.

EBD - Undocumented HUO in very very nice condition, white cabinet.

he would make sure all is 100% prior to leaving ( that is his day job). He will bring to Allentown. I will try to get pics if there is serious inquiry. I am only helping get the word not involved monetarily in the transaction and not adding any $$ to the deal. he is good people and looking to make room for new pins. I would trailer them to the show for him and he plans on attending Friday so once again you would deal direct with him.

#815 5 years ago

One more gem from my bud.
Whirlwind. Very nice condition. Cabinet pics to follow. Some bumps and bruises presents very well. Works 100%. Here are a few of pf. One cracked plastic seen in photo. 3500 firm. Pick up in North nj or Allentown delivery. Will take an Iron Maiden LE in trade ( ok that’s me trying ). It’s worth trying

95A14BBA-6FD4-48D1-97AE-AFCAA66F18C8 (resized).jpeg95A14BBA-6FD4-48D1-97AE-AFCAA66F18C8 (resized).jpeg

935A7EDA-658F-44BC-8E54-6B9A7B7C88A7 (resized).jpeg935A7EDA-658F-44BC-8E54-6B9A7B7C88A7 (resized).jpeg

EB299C41-5AE2-4C80-87B1-29A30B08C4C8 (resized).jpegEB299C41-5AE2-4C80-87B1-29A30B08C4C8 (resized).jpeg

D6C20E50-09C6-40B5-85B8-580C804A14A7 (resized).jpegD6C20E50-09C6-40B5-85B8-580C804A14A7 (resized).jpeg

016D15D2-0399-4BDF-8DA7-43D1A21CB011 (resized).jpeg016D15D2-0399-4BDF-8DA7-43D1A21CB011 (resized).jpeg

81B48CBF-F2AE-424D-8E8D-4710961A30CE (resized).jpeg81B48CBF-F2AE-424D-8E8D-4710961A30CE (resized).jpeg

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone know how many pins fit in a 26 foot straight truck? Trying to plan our day tomorrow. Not sure if we're going to need one trip or two

About two more than a bisexual truck

#1103 5 years ago

Ok you just took ^^^^^^ the title from too many pins as the longest post that I lost interest in

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry, not everything can be broken down into pinsider one-liners . Half-info is great to fuel the pinside post counters, but not the backbone that makes real events and scenes happen.

Sorry I was teasing

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thankfully someone started a "buy-sell-trade" post for the Allentown Show so I didn't have to waste time looking at dozens of hotel & motel post just to see what parts might be interesting to me that were headed to the show.

You’re welcome. That was me.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

I just wanted to give a shout out to Paul Drabik. He was selling several games in his booth at the front of the hall. Paul is a class act and anyone thinking of doing business with him should have no worries. I had a deal worked out with him and picked the game up at the show. Paul sent me detailed pictures of the game and even sent a video of it in action. I didn’t even have to crack the shrink wrap because I knew what I was getting. Thanks Paul!

I see what you did there

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

flea market was definitely light this year. Not sure if it's more because of pre-arranged sales or because of the formality of flea market space inside vs wild west outside. Indoors is very convenient, but maybe more constraining?
Maybe there should be an arranged saturday-only swap meet.. to try to balance things out. I think everyone leaning 'earlier and earlier..' every year makes Thursday and Friday the big day.. leaving saturday a bit lonesome.
Show was bigger for sure.. since they used almost the entire backwall, where usually that was a dead zone. The last vendor rows were almost full.. and tournament on the back wall instead of in that vendor row meant al ot more space used too.

Maybe if Ivan gave a shit and treated the outside flea market as part of the show as in years past it would be something. I paid for a spot and probably will NOT next year. Have had a flea spot for the last 10 years to bbq, drink and bring some parts from the stash. No fencing around the outdoor area this year so trucks driving 3 inches from our feet and idling to pick up games all day. No signage telling people there was an outdoor flea. It was worthless. The worst part is Ivan’s lack of caring when I mentioned all this to him. I guess the indoor show puts so much bread on the table he can’t eat another bite. It was lame. Years past it was a party. Shame to see this part of the show die( I along with the other couple of outdoor folk shared the feeling). The neon dudes from years past said hi but did not exhibit this year.

I know people don’t like mike pacak and Ivan and him can’t overcome their bs but it a shame he used to bring an awesome lot of stuff outside, which is what this show is about. Treasure hunting.

The inside vendors all brought generic crap, 5 leg bolt vendors and not a single interlock switch. No Steve young, no starship fantasy, no flipper fidelity,it was lame from that standpoint. You could not buy a single ramp at this show.

Sorry to rant but way too many EM’s, no true parts guys and no a single sign to direct traffic.

It’s just easier to pull out a 20 and be done than rent a trailer and go through the hassle to not be appreciated or supported by the show organizers.

I look forward to Pintastic where Gabe takes feedback and makes changes to make it the best it can be. I am happy to follow up if Ivan reads this and can make it better. For now I’ll do like the other folks set up in the parking lot and not stress.

#1462 5 years ago

Hey schnollms thanks but I can share my opinion on a group i am part of. Please don’t tell me what to do. You were there one day and split. It is the promoters job to promote all facets of the show. The he is busy is a load of crap. Make a banner for 50 bucks at staples that says out door flea this way. Really “don’t do the show”. Ok I’ll take my free play games and my flea spot and leave my family home with their paid tix and get one 20 ticket and be done. Great advice. Net net I support the show more than you do.

BtW how about making a donation to Pinside since you are such a caring guy and want to see things go so well.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just created the 2020 thread. Gonna be huge.

2021 thread created

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shlockdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=shlockdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.