IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 6 years ago

Ramada Booked. Stayed there the last 2 years and have no complaints. Looking forward to show this year.

#188 6 years ago

I will not have any games for the party room. Right now I'm not sure what I will have available for Free Play at the show, and that's my first priority. If I buy something at the show, I have no problem bringing it to the party room though.

2 weeks later
#259 6 years ago

I'm hoping to find a new project machine there. Something cheap, but would be a good restore candidate.

2 weeks later
#326 6 years ago

Anyone staying over in Allentown Saturday night after the show? Was thinking it's Cinco De Mayo, and if we still had the banquet room, there should be plenty of machines left over from the show. We usually start packing up around 6pm and are on the road for 8pm, then home around 1AM after dinner and gas stops. Almost makes sense to pack up, relax and leave in the AM instead.

Thoughts?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually stay over to recover and leave Sunday morning after a good night's rest. However, everything has to be out of the building Saturday night, so there are no games there come Sunday morning. It was only at Pintastic where we could leave stuff overnight and pack up in the morning. I liked not being in a rush the night the show ends, so I scheduled the Saratoga show like that where there is clean-up/pack-up time on Sunday if folks wanted to do that.

Well, that's why I'm wondering if the Ramada will have the banquet room open Saturday night too. There should be plenty of pins on hand to setup there after the show.

2 weeks later
#404 6 years ago

Yes fairly certain it was raining and COLD last year, that is why they let people in before 12.

2 weeks later
#487 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, no. However, if you go to Pintastic in Sturbridge, MA in June/July, there is usually a repair booth there.

I don't think he attends any of the northeast shows.

I've done board work for people at the Allentown show. FREE plus cost of parts, and maybe a beer.

2 weeks later
#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Not sure at the moment. I got a report last week that there were 52. A bunch have come in since. I'd say about 75 is the current count. The lion's share come in the last few weeks. This is how it has always been and this year seems no different. We may be a a little up from last year this time. I guess I'll check with Mr. Irving and see.

I never register what I'm bringing until about 2 or 3 weeks away from the show. This way what I register is accurate and makes it to the show.

1 week later
#617 6 years ago

OK If all goes well I will have about 8 machines in FreePlay. I will not sell or put prices on them ahead of time.

Spy Hunter
Hot Shot
Arena
Buck Rogers
South Park
Austin Powers
Radical!
Demolition Man, HEP restored playfield, re-decaled cabinet, chrome rails, gun Handles, and lockbar, Pinsound Plus, Flipper Fidelity Speakers, Color DMD, Titan Rubbers, LEDs etc...

All my games will be shopped and ready to rock out at the show.

1 week later
#704 6 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Looking to buy a reasonably priced HUO Metallica Pro, if not I guess I'll just order nib from cointaker while I am at the Pinfest!

I will be picking one up on my way to pinfest. Not sure of price or condition yet.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

I am a newbie member to Pinside and the collecting community. Just started collecting some arcade games this year. Went to a party a month ago and my wife fell in love with an old pinball machine. Now we are looking to pick up a machine. I am learning about arcade repair and know little about pinball, but eager to learn. We live just south of Baltimore so planning on taking the almost 3hr trip up to Allentown. Obviously, it will be my first Pinball convention.
Hopefully you guys won't mind answering a few questions
Not sure if I will be bringing a Subaru Forrester (04) or may rent a minivan. Either one should fit a machine for the ride home. If (when) I decide to buy one, do I bring cash, or just do PayPal on the spot?
Do I need to bring tools and a dolly to get the machine in the vehicle? If so, what would be a good selection of the correct tools?
Compared to arcade games, I am still in sticker shock with regard to pinball machines. I am happy at $500, OK at $1,000 and groaning at $1500. We are actually looking for early to mid 80's, in working condition, solid state games. Are my finances just out of reality for the market? It is difficult for me to tell when I see the same game go for $750 one time and $3,000 the next. I look up the prices in the game section here, but the Classified's are listed for so much higher.
Assuming my financial range is feasible, any thoughts on fun first games? The one my wife loved was Bally - Lost World.
Any other tips for a first timer?
I apologize for the inquisition and thank you for your help. Pinside is on my daily reading list but with Pinfest a week away, I feel like I need assistance climbing the learning curve.

You will have no problem getting a machine in the forester. There are plenty of people with carts that will help you load it up. They will have the tools on hand as well, because they had to use them to get them there and set them up.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I see we have shifted from a hotel thread to a waze thread.

next will be bathroom thread.. followed by gas masks are needed thread.

6_NEW (resized).png6_NEW (resized).png

#1042 5 years ago

My demolition man held up entire show. No resets and flips remained strong. Still got it if anyone is interested

20180430_220631 (resized).jpg20180430_220631 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=eabundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.