IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

I'll try and make a point to contact Ramada at some point this week to get pricing on the "back room". Once I get the 411 I will let everyone know.

#28 6 years ago

Quick update, I've reached out 2 times to the sales lady at Ramada, waiting for her to call me back with a price point on the "game room".

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Maybe they would throw in the room for free if we guaranteed a certain number of reservations at the $75-85 range.

Oh don't you worry, I'm going to haggle the hell out of them!

#32 6 years ago

ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL HOTEL FOR THE PINFEST "PLAYAS"- Ramada Inn

I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.

To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".

I just booked my room. Who else is in?

3 months later
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Skip is going to sign off for a few weeks now but right around the first of the year I think we all need to start thinking what can each of us do to help improve all 3 of our east coast shows. Working together we can all do our part to make 2018 one for the record books as far as our 3 local shows.

Correction, improve all 4 east coast shows. A 2018 show in November or December in Delaware will happen.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Correction, improve all 5 east coast shows. There's also a very small one in Saratoga NY

You are correct! Forgot about the newly formed Saratoga show!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Have the dates been confirmed? And based on above conversation which is the Official Hotel/Motel for the show? If we book early maybe we can get a good rate. In the past I have been staying at the Red Roof (because I have had my dog with me) and getting a room rate for one person of under $90.

Here is the information to the hotel where we will be parting it up Friday night in a reserved room setup with a few pins, music, etc.

I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.
To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".
I just booked my room. Who else is in?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Did you find out if we could put some pins in the room to play?

Confirmed we can put games in the room. Over the past couple of years at the Ramada someone has always setup a game in their room, which was awesome but at times overcrowded. This will give us the opportunity to have more than one setup plus plenty of space. As noted, we get the room for free it 10 rooms are booked using the code I provided.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

That makes 5 shows

Correct...

Quoted from Schnollms:

Correction, improve all 5 east coast shows. There's also a very small one in Saratoga NY

#74 6 years ago

I'll book a flea spot again, it was a blast I didn't have an issue with "Uncomfortable Sheets"but I'd like to boycott them to support the others that got F'd over . Initially I booked at the Days Inn by the Airport but reading some reviews it has me horrified.
A few exits up is the Comfort Inn, (not Suites) for the price it's the best rated in its price class. I'll consider THE Ramada but will all the pins be SS or will there be 1-2 EM's ?

Unfortunately there is no way to confirm EM's will be present that night unless people who are staying at the Ramada post up in this thread what game(s) they plan on bringing to the Ramada. I would love to see a couple of EM's though, short ball times

2 weeks later
#84 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Several dozen Canadians will be staying at the Wingate on Hamilton. Already have our rooms booked.
I will be sure to yell profanities at the Comfort Suites every time we drive by.

The all night pinball party is happening at the Ramada. Stop over if Wingate isn’t popping.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

What code or promotion did you use when calling?

Which hotel are you referring to?

#93 6 years ago

Weakgate

3 weeks later
#118 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Should I bring Airborne or Phantom of the Opera?

Pinball Magic

1 month later
#141 6 years ago

It's 2018 folks, let's do this! Pinfest is around the corner. Pinball Star will have at least 3 Houdini's on hand and 1-2 Alice Cooper machines along with a couple of TNA's. I'm going to reach out to Joe to see if he wants to sponsor the Ramada Playas Party and put a game in our party room.

Also, need to get a running tally of machines people are bringing to the party room. I believe we are at 2 right now.

Myself
Emkay

#146 6 years ago

Even better rate!

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ramada booked! Is it May yet???

Glie - Are you bringing a machine to the party room?

Quoted from emkay:

Actually I'm juggling dates right now but it's beginning to look like I won't be able to stay overnight this year. My youngest sister is getting married in San Diego in May and I'll be lucky to make it at all.

That stinks! Feel free to leave Hot Tip with us at the Ramada, it will be returned safely.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

djreddog You may want to call the hotel and see if they can add more rooms to the block.

Hmmm, I'm not reading that post the same way you are. I'm reading it as he booked it with excitement, and then wishing it was May! Plus, we didn't reserve a block of rooms. She just said we need at least 10 rooms booked using the code to get the party room for free.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the details of the party room?

First time having the party room. Basically over the past few years people staying at the Ramada have hauled a pin into their hotel room, invited 10-15 pinsiders over to the room for a long night of drinking and playing pinball. The hotel room gets overly crowded at times so this year I reached out to hotel management and struck a deal to get the "lounge" room, which they generally rent out for birthday parties and such. We plan on setting up numerous pins, have some music, drink some adult beverages and enjoy ourselves in a much larger space.

#165 6 years ago

Right now I plan on bringing T2 to sell and Count-Down to the Ramada party room.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Just booked in at the Ramada

Are you able to bring a game to the Ramada Party room?

Quoted from eabundy:

Ramada Booked. Stayed there the last 2 years and have no complaints. Looking forward to show this year.

Are you able to bring a game to the Ramada Party room?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Just booked my room at the Ramada.
Bringing four games, none ready yet, no prices or pics:
Gottlieb: Raven - for sale
Gottlieb: Jacks to Open - for sale
Bally: Zip-A-Doo - for sale
Apple Time: Thunder Man - not for sale

Alan - Will you be able to bring any of these games to the party room?

#183 6 years ago

Fantastic!

We now have 3 games confirmed for the Party Room. Lineup subject to change!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

is it a standard match play or something else?

Unless they change it this year, is best qualifying. I think you get like 2 free tickets, and then can purchase additional tickets, however they CAP the number of tickets you can buy. They have a women's, classics, and main divisions. I might be missing some minute details, but Corey Hulse will jump in and clarify everything as he helps run the tournament each year.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I wonder if there would be a problem pulling a machine out of freeplay for the night to "troubleshoot some issues" back at the hotel.

I don't think there would be a problem. I plan on having Count-Down in the show(not for sale), and at the end of the night on Friday I plan on taking it to the Ramada then returning Saturday morning to set it back up for the show.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What’s the best hotel to stay at? Can’t wait to go.

That's subjective. But here is what I can tell you.

Below is the information to the hotel where many of us will be partying it up Friday night in a reserved room setup with a few pins, music, etc.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^thanks for putting that together

You are welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it!

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Chad's the man. And I owe you some keychains

Thanks Colson! And patience is a virtue. Perhaps you can finally attend one of my tournaments on 3/10 and personally deliver them ?

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Plans are to have 8 games for free play.
Registered for the Ramada, if I buy something playable itll go to the party room.

Thanks @the96stang!

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

If I buy a game I'll set it up!

Fantastic! My T2 is for sale

#211 6 years ago

It’s going to be a good time for sure.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Kersch:

Whats the cost on Your T2

Asking $2400. Also willing to trade.

1 week later
#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We stayed at Ramada for one night last year and had no issues. It's not a 5 star hotel and for the few hours we were there, it was fine.

This. We are there for the party.

#258 6 years ago

PinballSTAR - Any chance the Ramada party room can be sponsored by you and have a game setup there on Friday night?

1 week later
#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wife and I are officially coming to Pinfest.
I will have an open space on the way down for 1 (possibly 2) games, so if anyone wants transport from Madison, WI to the show then hit me up.
I usually ask for some transport cash but you are getting delivery by a pinhead in a minivan that knows how to care for a game en route and for way cheaper than normal transport.
When I have done this before I have found it is best to note that I prefer the game to be to me (assuming you are buying something in the surrounding area) prior to my departure. I can also stop enroute for something not too far off the direct path, but your seller will need to accommodate my travel schedule.

You partying with us at the Ramada?

#319 6 years ago

Dilly Dilly!

1 week later
#330 6 years ago

I have had a few people reach out to me about rooms at the Ramada and that when they are calling the people seem clueless. The deal was made with the GM Kathi Lansinger, Ext 304. I also have a contract for this room. Let me know if anyone else has problems.

Chad

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can I buy some kind of pinball lift at this show for moving pins around in my basement?

You should be able to. See Bruce drgnlair

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I got a rate of $84 plus tax for a total of $94. Made the reservation back in October. Called last week for a pinfest rate and they had no idea what I was talking about

Talked to Kathi, here is what she said:

Chad,

We actually have about 15 reservations over the 3 nights I have available at the group rate. There are still plenty of rooms available in the room block. I'm not sure why some have had trouble. They should be able to make reservations without trouble. I will double check with our front desk staff, though.

Kathi

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Just booked our rooms at the Ramada. Can't wait for the 1st annual Ramada pinball party!

Any chance you can bring a game to the party?

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How secure is this party room going to be? Like, ok to leave it in there all weekend secure?

The party room will not be open all weekend. Just Friday night. I’m confident it would be ok to leave the game there Friday night and then tear down Saturday morning. With that said, this is the first time having access to the party room so can’t say for certain.

1 week later
#436 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My wife and I will there on Friday in time to set up our freeplay games before closing. Is there a "pinball party" at the Ramada or one of the other hotels? I know I saw some posts earlier about that but didn't know if it was a real deal and we'd enjoy stopping by.

It's happening at the Ramada.

2 weeks later
#481 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Does anyone at the show do boardwork while-u-wait? I have a couple of boards that need the GI header pins removed & new ones installed, might as well bring to the show rather than send out.

I've attended the last 2 years and there hasn't been anyone there performing board work.

#494 6 years ago

PinballSTAR - Are you going to have any Alice Cooper games in your booth this year??

1 week later
#530 6 years ago

First State Flippers will be there!

#545 6 years ago

I will be bringing a Bally Knockout for sale or trade.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Room is booked at the Ramada, one month to go!

Are you bringing a game to the party room?

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

This years shirt design is up on our home page. You may have to refresh to see it. Many thanks to Rage Tilt Pinball for their work. They will also be with us this year.
Ivan

Rage Tilt apparel is so dope.

C467D58F-95E7-4482-9C5B-CE22FB74EFE0 (resized).jpegC467D58F-95E7-4482-9C5B-CE22FB74EFE0 (resized).jpeg

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Booked the Ramada, bringing World Cup '94 for the party room.
There were 4 more rooms available for 5/4 when I called.

Awesome! Can't wait to play some $1 games on that!

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hi All... Outside Edge will be in the house WITH Hardtops... hope to see you all there!
We will have:
Space Shuttle (both versions)
Taxi (both girls)
Comet
Pharaoh
Evel K.
Black Knight
Future Spa
Frontier
Wizard
... and MAYBE Firepower
Please refrain from PMs asking "what's next" and "Are you gonna do this or that title". We will announce as we go... promise! Many more to come.
Thanks All!

Any special show pricing?

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks. Got a room.

Taylor, do you plan on bringing a game to the after party?

#602 6 years ago

Ramada Party Room Attendees - If you are bringing a game to the party room please shoot me a PM so I can compile a list. Thanks!

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What's the current party room game list?

Current confirmed list. Still have several other Pinsiders who said they are attending and will bring a machine, just waiting for them to confirm:

Count-Down
World Cup 94
Jacks to Open
The Getaway:High Speed 2
Rollergames (YES!)
Bram Stokers Dracula (maybe)
Mata Hari or Xenon (games need a little work on the show room floor Friday, if one of them can be revived it will be at the party room)

Also for those asking, the room will be locked up when the party ends. So machines can stay in the room until Saturday morning. And all rooms in the block are now sold out.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

The boss (my wife) just gave me the all clear to book a room at the Ramada on Friday night. Very excited for my first Pinfest! Unfortunately, they didn't have any more rooms in the Pinfest block so I'm on a different floor than the party room. If you guys would be cool with another rando showing up I'll bring plenty of beer!

Join the party! Bring beer or a pin

#609 6 years ago

Current confirmed list. Still have several other Pinsiders who said they are attending and will bring a machine, just waiting for them to confirm:
Count-Down
World Cup 94
Jacks to Open
The Getaway:High Speed 2
Rollergames (YES!)
Bram Stokers Dracula (confirmed)
Mata Hari or Xenon (games need a little work on the show room floor Friday, if one of them can be revived it will be at the party room)

Also for those asking, the room will be locked up when the party ends. So machines can stay in the room until Saturday morning. And all rooms in the block are now sold out.

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I'll be staying at the Ramada as well. I can't bring a pin to the party room but I'll bring some good beer!

Bring it! It’s going to be a great time!

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Do we know/have any confirmation on what newer games will be there? (I assume at distributor booths)
Guardians?
Iron Maiden?
TNA?
Pirates?
Houdini?
Alice Cooper?

All of those games will be at Allentown.

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Looking to stay over Friday night, which motels are best and which are best avoided? Stayed at Comfort Inn last two years but after all the prob's others encountered last year, maybe it's best not to this year.

Do you want to party and play even more pinball after Friday’s show? If yes, the Ramada.

Do you want to have a peaceful and uneventful night? Choose any other hotel.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Do we know/have any confirmation on what newer games will be there? (I assume at distributor booths)
Guardians?
Iron Maiden?
TNA?
Pirates?
Houdini?
Alice Cooper?

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's going to MI this weekend, and Allentown shortly after... then Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in June.
It's going to have the same code that we're not thrilled with this weekend... then will get a nice update before Allentown.
Working on Mr. Danger, but again... code coming soon. We can put a 50 foot neon sign above the game that says "CODE NOT DONE" ... but that tends to not sink in with people no matter what. Truth.
All in due time.

Confirmed.

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Hope your getting a kickback from Ramada....You must have mentioned it 612 times in the last few months...

No kickback. You guys asked for it, I delivered. Trying to make the most of it, that’s all. While playing a single machine in an overcrowded room had its moments, the party room will have even more.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Pricing ? Pictures ? Condition ?

Sold to SeaLawyer

#728 6 years ago

I must be missing something, I went to the Pinfest Home Page and the site map I was unable to locate. I was looking for the vendor locations and the flea market assignments to see where I am assigned this year.
Any help, a hyper link specifically, would be much appreciated.

http://www.pinfestival.com/aghall2018.pdf

http://www.pinfestival.com/fleamarket2017.pdf

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

I am a newbie member to Pinside and the collecting community. Just started collecting some arcade games this year. Went to a party a month ago and my wife fell in love with an old pinball machine. Now we are looking to pick up a machine. I am learning about arcade repair and know little about pinball, but eager to learn. We live just south of Baltimore so planning on taking the almost 3hr trip up to Allentown. Obviously, it will be my first Pinball convention.
Hopefully you guys won't mind answering a few questions
Not sure if I will be bringing a Subaru Forrester (04) or may rent a minivan. Either one should fit a machine for the ride home. If (when) I decide to buy one, do I bring cash, or just do PayPal on the spot?
Do I need to bring tools and a dolly to get the machine in the vehicle? If so, what would be a good selection of the correct tools?
Compared to arcade games, I am still in sticker shock with regard to pinball machines. I am happy at $500, OK at $1,000 and groaning at $1500. We are actually looking for early to mid 80's, in working condition, solid state games. Are my finances just out of reality for the market? It is difficult for me to tell when I see the same game go for $750 one time and $3,000 the next. I look up the prices in the game section here, but the Classified's are listed for so much higher.
Assuming my financial range is feasible, any thoughts on fun first games? The one my wife loved was Bally - Lost World.
Any other tips for a first timer?
I apologize for the inquisition and thank you for your help. Pinside is on my daily reading list but with Pinfest a week away, I feel like I need assistance climbing the learning curve.

There will be a Lost World at the show in your price range. Sometimes games sell really quick, so it might be a good idea to reach out to this guy now and see if you can strike a deal before it sells.

Quoted from Drickey86:

Have a fully refurbished Bally Lost world that will be in the free play area that will be for sale new line cord, all new boards ,new led displays fresh rubber single led’s in gi , all new pop bumper parts, all new coil sleeves ,all new flipper parts/w purple super bands plays great super clean. Great backglass small wear spot on pf. $1250 obo

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

What's going on at the Ramada?

The biggest after party in the history of Pinfest. In past years we have always setup a game inside someone's room, pile in 20 people, drink, and play pinball. This year we decided to kick it up a notch. We made an arrangement with the hotel to reserve their lounge room for free for Pinsiders to setup multiple games after the show ends Friday night. Right now we have about 5 games committed to the room but will probably end up being a couple more.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Is there a curfew on this ?
Also are there any good actual bars close by?

No curfew. As for bars close by, the bar inside the Ramada serves until 2am. Our lounge room is connected to the bar. As for other bars, I'm not familiar with the area.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The comfort inn suites is a pretty good time also with a bar/restaurant on site open till 2 and usually a few rooms set up with pins and lots more alcohol.

We will have more alcohol at the Ramada. Skyemont got us covered like Saran Wrap.

#776 5 years ago

Here is a picture of Shooter's lounge room which is connected to the bar.

shooters (resized).jpgshooters (resized).jpg

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Yes, we are bringing two pins for this, HS2 and BSD. Hopefully others are bringing games as well.

I will definitely have 1 maybe 2. We should have 6-8 machines total there.

#839 5 years ago

Does anybody want anything from Helen's World Famous Sausage House on Friday? I will be arriving around 8:30-845am to Allentown.

#858 5 years ago

Ramada party room reminder. Still looking for a few additional pins to be setup Friday night. If you can bring a game please call or PM me. Thanks!

Chad
302-228-8988

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Hey I'm going to be staying overnight Friday and was wondering if there's anything to do in Allentown once Pinfest wraps up for the day?

As others have mentioned, outside of bars/restaurants and the casino, we are shaping up to have one helluva “first ever” after party at the Ramada. We have an entire lounge room to ourselves and we will have several pins setup to play all night long. And drink of course. You do NOT have to be staying at the Ramada in order to join in on the fun.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey anybody at the Comfort Suites setting up a game/party room?
Starting to feel left out what with Delaware's massive party plans at the Ramada, we can match this shit. I have some barrel proof bourbon.

Levi - just join us.

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this on friday? Time and address?

1500 Macarthur Road
Whitehall, PA 18052
USA

Time - TBD. Show ends at 9, so my guess is around 10 until we all pass out?

Call or text me details.

Chad
302-228-8988

#886 5 years ago

So need feedback from people coming to the party room.

Would everyone be OK with 2 BSD’s?

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

anything going on a the Ramada tonight, or is the party tomorrow?

Tomorrow night after Pinfest closes down.

#927 5 years ago

Can someone bring an Iron Maiden tonight to the Ramada?

#938 5 years ago

Ramada crowd let’s get it up!! It’s almost time. My ETA to the hotel is like 945. So hopefully I’ll be setup around 10pm. I will need help unloading.

Iron Maiden anyone?

#949 5 years ago

Be there in 10 minutes at the Ramada

#957 5 years ago

Ramada is lit.

DD9C0773-77B6-44D9-AD40-81FA1E560A1F (resized).jpegDD9C0773-77B6-44D9-AD40-81FA1E560A1F (resized).jpeg

DC8A1D35-5EC1-4715-9280-0410B8D54092 (resized).jpegDC8A1D35-5EC1-4715-9280-0410B8D54092 (resized).jpeg

0065B4DD-9B53-48F7-8615-185F8AD2F2DA (resized).jpeg0065B4DD-9B53-48F7-8615-185F8AD2F2DA (resized).jpeg

#978 5 years ago

319B254F-CD36-4AC8-8DA1-6E82DF33283B (resized).jpeg319B254F-CD36-4AC8-8DA1-6E82DF33283B (resized).jpeg

61215402-9485-492E-A887-F09AFD593FDD (resized).jpeg61215402-9485-492E-A887-F09AFD593FDD (resized).jpeg

A3C9416A-0FB6-44A2-B2D6-7A76764BA0E7 (resized).jpegA3C9416A-0FB6-44A2-B2D6-7A76764BA0E7 (resized).jpeg

80A89C78-6AEC-430B-83A3-FF6F14408C96 (resized).jpeg80A89C78-6AEC-430B-83A3-FF6F14408C96 (resized).jpeg

#1064 5 years ago

Great show. Busiest I’ve seen in the 3 years attending. A lot less games left the floor from Friday to Saturday. The show floor for Saturday remained pretty full even up to 5pm.

The Stern Pro Circuit Tournament was a great event. Machines held up great across the 2 days. Congrats to all the winners and a big shout out to the entire team of volunteers who helped run and maintain the tournament machines. Also a shout out to Jay Robinson and Corey Hulse for putting it together. Lastly, the Rage Tilt Crew are so freaking awesome. They sat there for 2 straight days and live streamed the entire tournament.

Finally the Ramada. Sorry it didn’t work out folks. We kept having a few people who insisted on drinking beer not purchased from the bar and that ultimately led to the bar manager shutting the event down. Thanks to all who brought games. Sucks it was short lived. After it was shut down about 20 of us went back to my room where we setup my Iron Maiden and a BSD from @bluespin. We ended up having 2 small incidents in my room because someone who was very inebriated abused the BSD by picking it up and tilting it out. That was a show of total disrespect to do that to someone else’s machine. Then later on the DC guys brought in an Alien to setup but they were missing the power cord. Unbeknownst to me, they ended up taking the power cord from the BSD without asking @bluespin. On the surface and looking from the outside people may think this isn’t a big deal at all. It’s a power cord. However it was more driven behind the fact that one of the guys in the group was the same guy who slammed BSD. So while the DC guys were trying to do a good thing by bringing in the Alien it actually ended up being a bad thing. I wish the whole thing went down differently because we are all pinheads and we shouldn’t have to deal with things like this.

@bluespin, my apologies to you that you were involved in this mishap. Thanks for bringing the games, you are an awesome dude and most everyone appreciated your efforts.

That’s all I got. See everyone in York.

#1110 5 years ago

Final post for me about the Ramada just to clear up all the confusion. And yes it was very confusing.

When the room was reserved and I told the lady what we wanted to do, she never said to me that outside beverages were not allowed. When I arrived around 10pm the room already had about 25 people in it and 3-4 pins. I setup my pin and then helped setup WCS, and then checked into my room. When I got back into the party room around 1030 I had my first run in with the bartender. That is when she informed me that no outside beverages were allowed and that the coolers had to go. One of the coolers just had bottled water in it but she insisted I have it removed. When I made my announcement I did mention coolers had to go and all beverages had to be purchased at the bar.

Second run in with her was 15 minutes later, new guests arrived and had drinks in their hand and also put some down on a table. She again told me that if it didn’t stop she would call the cops. I pleaded with her that these were new guests that had just walked in and didn’t get the memo. She then told me she was going to throw away all beverages that didn’t belong and I told her to go for it.

Third run in with her was 10 minutes later. She said this was the second time she found the same person with an outside beverage after telling them they couldn’t have it the first time. She then called the cops without even telling me, not that it matter.

Cops arrive. They had no idea why they were called. They told me they couldn’t do anything. That we weren’t doing anything that was breaking the law. They then pulled the bartender into the conversation and she told them she was scared someone would call the PA liquor board on them and they would be fined and possibly lose their alcohol license. I pleaded with her and told her new people were steadily coming in and as soon as noticed they had outside beverages I was informing them they weren’t allowed to have it. I told her we weren’t they to take advantage of the bar as plenty of us had open tabs. The cops asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted the party to end. Unfortunately it ended.

TLDR - It was a huge misunderstanding and poor communication from the hotel side. I was unaware of the beverage rule. All of you were in turn unaware. We tried to contain and unfortunately we couldn’t contain enough to please the bartender. Cops were called, although they couldn’t legally do anything since we weren’t breaking any laws, but instead breaking a hotel policy. It sucked. Sorry to everyone for what happened. Thanks to everyone who brought games.

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

djreddog You said "Unbeknownst to me, they ended up taking the power cord from the BSD without asking bluespin." My BSD was staged between the two queen sized beds and you were sitting with your wife to the left of my game, three feet away from my game. They pulled my game back and removed my power cord with tools three feet away from you but you didn't see anything? I find that hard to believe.

John,

Thanks for bringing your game to both rooms, I personally greatly appreciated it.

As for the power cord, I never said I didn’t see it happening. It was unbeknownst to me that they didn’t get your permission to use the power cord from BSD. I was under the impression they asked you if it was OK and you told them yes. Other than the slam tilt, I had no idea all the other stuff was going on. My apologies you had to experience this as you certainly didn’t deserve it.

Chad

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.