IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 6 years ago

So I'm hearing a lot about where not to stay (comfort). And I know where the party place to stay is (ramada). However, where is the nice place to stay? The comfortable, safe, clean, quiet place? And by quiet I mean the rooms. I hate thin walls in a hotel.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I stayed at the Sheraton downtown last year. A little more pricy, but it's only about 1.5 miles from the event, very nice, quiet. Restaurant downstairs with great food.

I couldn't find the listing for that, so I ended up booking at the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem. I've had really good luck with Hampton over the years, so I guess it's the best option.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Come stay at the Renaissance with me; we’ll have champagne and caviar while we play a gold plated TNA with crystal balls in the club lounge before slipping into 1200 thread count sheets for the night. *
*None of this is actually happpening nor am I stay at the Renaissance.

Damnit! I thought you were propositioning me.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Agree, thread should be renamed hotel bitch fest.

Well I disagree. His will be my first time to Allentown, and this thread steered me away from the crappy hotels. You call it bitching, I call it welcome advice.

3 weeks later
#360 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Was hoping for a hotel update, it's been quite a while

I have a reservation at a hotel.

1 week later
#431 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is Ardvark:
http://www.ardvarkpr.com/
As far as I was aware, they only do pinball board repair, but probably wouldn't hurt to ask if you plan to attend that show.

You are correct... "they" do pinball

(disclaimer: I work for Ardvark)

1 week later
#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'll be bringing this weird pink dude.
It'll be in the free play area (for Friday at least)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm VERY excited to finally get to play one!

3 weeks later
#538 6 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

What would be the chance of finding a good players EK there?

Depends on if I see it first

3 weeks later
#772 5 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

By this time next week, I should be wandering around the free play area, arteries clogged and hung over, not wanting to even LOOK at another pinball machine for weeks. I look forward to the show every year, but post-Pinfest, I need recovery time: from drinking, from eating crap, from pinball in general!

It's all a matter of training. Get lit, eat greasy food, and play pinball every night between now and then. Once the show is over, keep up this schedule and next year will be easy.

#834 5 years ago

Excited! So much going on, but I'm just excited to do nothing but play pinball for a couple of days! I'm not worried about buying (though I might), not worried about hauling. Just fun!

#879 5 years ago

I have arrived at my hotel!
(You needed to know that!)

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone go hasn't seen or played orbitor 1 before, it's a real treat to see one at a show. There is also a few zaccaria games, such as a very nice farfalla, a time machine, and a couple others.

Finally! Oribiter 1. I sure hope that is playing when I get there because I've been waiting years to check that off the "played" list. Of course every time I come across a unicorn, it's dead, so with my luck it will keel over at 12:05 today...

#914 5 years ago

IMG_7136 (resized).JPGIMG_7136 (resized).JPG

I want an Oompa Loompa, and I want it NOW!

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

please post some pics for those of us that can't make it - one day I'll visit for sure. Have a great time everyone!

IMG_7152 (resized).JPGIMG_7152 (resized).JPG

And I finally got to play orbiter 1!!

It only looks dead here because this was as I ran in the door. Lots more people now!

#940 5 years ago

The highlight of my day was running across an NOS Roller Coaster Tycoon ramp. I was hemming and hawing, but as I drive away, I'm very glad I grabbed it. I guess that means I finally need to shop the game

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you to everyone that tried out the Multi-Bingo at Allentown! It was great to meet bingo lovers new and old, and I was very pleased with the response to my work. Allentown is a tough show for me to attend, but will try to be there again next year!

Dude, that thing was a work of art! One of the most amazing games there. Stunning work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.