IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Time is flying by, and figured I would start this thread early given that people are resurrecting the 2017 thread with room / hotel discussions, plans, etc. I know quite a few people had issues with the Comfort Inn. 2017 was a great show, so the upcoming 2018 show should be great if not better. And this year there will be some Star Wars pins to play!!

I know djreddog (Chad) was already talking about staying at the Ramada and renting out the "game room" for anybody who would be interested.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

really don't know why this thread was created. I was really enjoying the 2017 thread.

Seeing how you dress, it is clear that you get stuck in the past.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'll be there... I'm going to try my best to give beelzeboob our customary hug without him always grabbing my ass... Or maybe that was his wife... in which case it's cool.

LMAO. It was probably him...he has a much sturdier grip.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I think I'm getting married the week after the 2018 show. So I'll use the show as motivation to help get as much planning done in advance so that I can still attend the show!

Wishful thinking at this point, at least it will be from her perspective.

Hopefully you can still make it...tell her you have your last tux fitting in Allentown.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm looking forward to this and think the idea of doing the afterparty at the Ramada makes a lot of sense. I'm certainly in to trying to make it work.

Definitely. If we stayed at the Comfort Suites, sounds like we would get back to the room and there would be a group of people we don't know now staying in the room, playing the games and running Chad's DJ equipment. And management would do nothing. I'm down for the Ramada.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and would stay there again next year. What issues did people have?

If you really didn't see it, go back and look at the last 4 or 5 pages of the Pinfest 2017 thread. It was ridiculous.

2 weeks later
#34 6 years ago

Ran into Ivan at Pintastic and chatted for a while...2018 Pinfest is gonna be a blast.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was there, and was trying to get in on the conversation, but they kept swatting me away like an annoying mosquito. Jeff from Classic Arcades actually entered the group, standing between them and me and putting his back in my face like I wasn't even there. Just another day in the life of The Boob.

Jeff could sense your manliness and was just trying to get close to you.

You were chiming in quite a bit, and then Todd Tuckey took over the entire conversation. Once he posts his video, we will see what really happened.

#40 6 years ago

The normal excellence...and some other ideas floating around. Hard to tell...we had a few drinks at that point

1 week later
#44 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who's the dick in the "I am the man from Nantucket" shirt at 14:40?

Some douchebag that kept bothering that attractive guy in the Flash t-shirt...

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Just a general comment here.. I suggest that we use this thread solely for the 2018 show before it becomes 50 pages long filled with stuff relvolving around other things 9.5 months from the show. Just my input

Agreed.

2 months later
#67 6 years ago

I just hope there is no rain this year. Seems like we've had some crappy luck with weather the last two years. I plan on bringing and/or grabbing a game or two, and would be happy to set one up in the party room.

2 weeks later
#80 6 years ago

I'm in for the Ramada...waiting to see if I'll be vending this year or just attending. Might be both nights. Booking soon.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I'm out, then.

Boob, please book a room. I don't think we have any stalkers on board yet.

1 week later
#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Exactly 6 months till the show (and I STILL have to move my
Top Card from the garage to the basement)! We're officially half way there folks. Felt like the last show was yesterday. These next 6 months will go by rather quickly.

Definitely. The last few months always do.

3 weeks later
#114 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Time & money are two things I never seem to have enough of!

If you add space, those are three things all of us never have enough of.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I would love to bring that again this year, but I can't seem to track down the opto issues it is having
Chris

I'd be happy to borrow it for a while and track it down for you.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'm to th epoint where I might actually consider this.
Chris

Next time I'm up in your area, I'd be happy to stop by and take a look.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Yes - that is correct. Looks like 2 of them are after 77. Any thoughts to my original question though? How likely is he to find someone who can refurbish and fix EM machines these days?

There's still a few people in PA and NJ that fix EM's. I am somewhat proficient in fixing them, and I know a few other people that I call when I can't figure it out. If you can read a schematic, you should be able to figure out most issues. And buy a few flexstone files.

1 month later
#153 6 years ago

I should be able to bring a game to the Ramada...or I usually buy a few so I could bring one of those there so at least we'd have it for a night. Still developing a plan for the show overall. I'll keep you guys updated.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the details of the party room?

Something like this…

IMG_4557 (resized).JPGIMG_4557 (resized).JPG

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Hoping I can make it. It's the weekend before the wedding. I'm going to do everything I can to help with planning early so that my Saturday is free to go to the show.

We will come and get you....like a kidnapping / The Hangover kind of thing. I'll be happy to volunteer and make the call to your fiancé after saying "I think we f'd up"

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bachelor party that weekend? I will for sure make the trip

Hilton, you're coming regardless. I have to meet you in person after reading your posts on here for three years. Plus I need some equally sarcastic back up.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You are welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it!

Chad's the man. And I owe you some keychains

1 week later
#228 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Would you just call it a man-purse already?!

IMG_4655 (resized).JPGIMG_4655 (resized).JPG

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So I'm hearing a lot about where not to stay (comfort). And I know where the party place to stay is (ramada). However, where is the nice place to stay? The comfortable, safe, clean, quiet place? And by quiet I mean the rooms. I hate thin walls in a hotel.

I stayed at the Sheraton downtown last year. A little more pricy, but it's only about 1.5 miles from the event, very nice, quiet. Restaurant downstairs with great food.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I couldn't find the listing for that, so I ended up booking at the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem. I've had really good luck with Hampton over the years, so I guess it's the best option.

Now that I looked, it was the Holiday Inn downtown. Sorry Dave.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I won't be able to bring any machines this year but I may be able to bring some of my parts if anyone needs any.

I'll need to grab a few lift channels off of you. We were PM'ing a while back, but you were in the middle of your move. I know you have Bally stuff, but do you also have one that fits a Gottlieb Spiderman?

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wife and I are officially coming to Pinfest.
I will have an open space on the way down for 1 (possibly 2) games, so if anyone wants transport from Madison, WI to the show then hit me up.
I usually ask for some transport cash but you are getting delivery by a pinhead in a minivan that knows how to care for a game en route and for way cheaper than normal transport.
When I have done this before I have found it is best to note that I prefer the game to be to me (assuming you are buying something in the surrounding area) prior to my departure. I can also stop enroute for something not too far off the direct path, but your seller will need to accommodate my travel schedule.

Very cool. And I am immediately scavenging for any games that might be on your route.

#316 6 years ago

Bump bump bump

1 week later
#334 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anybody ideas about good hotels in the area?

Keep that crap in the other Pinfest thread

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Caddy shack quote....Sry, forgot the "" (Figured everyone on the planet saw the movie, my apologies)

Would you like to tie me up with one of your ties, Ty?

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can I buy some kind of pinball lift at this show for moving pins around in my basement?

I have one of the converted Craftsman motorcycle jacks that they sell for pins. I don't use it that much, I have a few other lifts. If you're interested, I could bring and sell it to you for a decent price. It has an extended handle, and works really well.

IMG_5171 (resized).JPGIMG_5171 (resized).JPG

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Was hoping for a hotel update, it's been quite a while

You motha f$&@a.... I'm staying in Brent's room. Others are invited as well...

I'm going through some parts, and I'll have some rear EM backbox panels, a few lockdown bars and some other misc items. I'll get a list together at some point.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I can’t believe that hotel..........

Quoted from yzfguy:

Do any hotels have room service?

You two done playing with each other's silver balls? Keep the hotel talk in that "other thread."

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

71 Days to Pinfest. Has anyone been invoiced for their flea or vendor spot yet? They came early January last year, now we’re approaching March .

Ivan does usually get them out pretty early, I'm surprised they haven't been sent already. I'll shoot him an email.

#390 6 years ago

If anybody has a working MPU for a Superman, please bring it. Don't really feel like shipping mine to Canada and waiting several months to get it back.

2 weeks later
#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Do you know if they have an outside seating area? I'm a cigar smoker.

I think they do have an outside seating area.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks, you have a good lineup as well! I'm glad my wife decided she wanted a larger house before I got into this hobby.

Very nice. Just don't tell her what your collection's worth or she may make use of the icebox.

1 month later
#928 5 years ago

IMG_6190 (resized).JPGIMG_6190 (resized).JPG

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

This year’s show was great! Almost ran off with that Spooksville that was in the flea market, but the last thing I need right now is another project.

Who had the Spooksville? Didn't get a chance to see it. Do you know if it sold?

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Upon inspection I noticed that the playfield and cab had notable wear. The pictures he sent were grainy and did not show the flaking paint all over the playfield and cab. There also was prominent wear up the center of the playfield.

Pics or it didn't happen.

It's quite simple really....a few pics of the playfield and cab of the Medusa purchased would clear all this up....or turn this thread into a total shit show. Either way, there would be an answer. And I'll take the old PF after you do the swap.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

No wear means No wear
Looked at pics looks like wear to me

Quoted from rvalkenburg:

playfield is 5 out of 10,

OK, pics were added to the original post above. My take: If the ad said no wear, it was certainly wrong. But players condition? Give me a break man. I don't know what scale you're using...is a NIB game a 6 or 7/10 on your scale?

5/10 is a pretty scrapped playfield in my book. That certainly doesn't look pretty scrapped. I don't really see the wear in the middle or center that was mentioned, but there is a ton of glare from the overhead lights on the glass. We all know you don't get good pictures with the glass on.

That being said, if that PF was described as excellent, a bit of a price reduction was certainly appropriate. No pics of the cabinet or BG, so I can't speak to those.

IMG_6237 (resized).JPGIMG_6237 (resized).JPG

#1150 5 years ago

And I'll also take a lead on that Spooksville if anybody has one or knows who had it in the flea market.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've never waited on line to play a game at Allentown in my life. There's usually dozens of unoccupied games at any given time.

Nah, that's just because it's you stepping up to the game. People move out of the way like the seas are parting.

#1204 5 years ago

I'll get this back on track. Anybody know any good hotels to stay at?

It was a good show, and Friday was definitely busier than Saturday. I can't list everyone I ran into, a ton of Pinsiders this year. Good to meet a few of you that I've never met in person before. And thanks to everyone who checked out the Vampire and posted comments about it. Much appreciated.

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

glad to hear! I'm excite to hear more - anyone else play it and if so how was it?

I was able to put up five games. I would say it's the best game from Spooky yet, at least IMO. I like the PF layout, and unlike some of the other games from them, like AMH that seems "empty", ACNC is jam packed and has a good amount of shots. Art package is spectacular, especially if you like horror-themed pins as I do. Hats off to Charlie and his crew. They did a good job on this one, I just wish I was more of an Alice Cooper fan.

The only downside playing in that type of atmosphere is that I didn't get a good grasp on the audio, callouts or music. Plus Chad had his damn Grand Lizard cranked all the way up, and I'm still hearing that music in my head. JK dude.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And had clothes on for the picture in the mirror.
LTG : )

Hahahaha...Lloyd. Always observant. Yet I did glance back at the photo to see if you were right. If he wasn't and Alex didn't realize it before posting, that would've been funny as hell.

#1257 5 years ago

A pic of someone else taking a pic...awesome. ultimategameroom posted it in my Vamp thread. And two great Pinsiders chatting it up over the game…oh wait, that's Hilton and I. Nevermind.

IMG_6239 (resized).JPGIMG_6239 (resized).JPG

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Cole did he offer $500?

You lowballin bastard! No pf wear on this game. I will say Hilton's wife took him to school on it.

And that Dragon in the tournament looks freaking awesome.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

And that’s my Maiden I bought from butch2099 at the show. Still can’t believe I went home with it, but of every pin I played Friday, I kept coming back to it for more.

Cool....I'll stop over to put some games on yours in a home atmosphere before I commit to buy one. Let me know your beer preference.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice having some tequila with ya! You should have had Hilton come over...never met him...

He's better as a keyboard commando on here....you didn't miss much not meeting him in person.

Actually pretty cool dude, and I'm glad he and his wife made the long trek out here for the show. Always good to meet people you've chatted with (and argued with) on this site for years.

And Ted, shame on you for not stopping back to do more shots....

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Who is Hilton? Green shirt or the big bearded man?

LMFAO...Wisconsin's own Green Lantern. I thought the other guy was going to pick up the Vampire fully assembled and walk away with it.

#1329 5 years ago

This ^^^. You'd better watch Hilton. This thread might get people to actually start to like you.

Can't we get back to talking about Stern's cabinet issues and playfield dimpling?

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I was just disappointed that there was not a rolling Stones or family Guy for sale.

Well that Space Jam was calling your name...you should have wrapped it up.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m thinking maybe these afterparties are nice in theory but probably shouldn’t happen.

I agree given that story.

Quoted from bluespin:

After bjsilverballs tilted the game he got pissed off and picked my game up at least 6" off the floor and dropped it. Several of us told him that wasn't cool and he was walked out to the corridor to cool off. knockerlover told me that I'm a snowflake and that these are commercial games and meant to be abused. He also said "Look he's worried that we're going to nudge his game." I told him that I don't care if people nudge my games, but picking them up and dropping them on the floor is not cool.

And sorry...if that's what really happened, somebody being drunk or not, that is not cool any way you cut it. bluespin is a cool cat and contributes a good amount here, and there's nothing wrong with caring for your games and not wanting people to abuse them. He is obviously a better person than I. If I had one of my games in a similar environment and somebody picked it up and dropped it or tried a death save, they'd be getting my foot up their ass.

I actually saw a guy pick up a FT in free play a foot or so in the air last year when his ball got stuck, and drop it. I went down and intervened, and that wasn't even my game. It's just called respecting someone else's property....or common sense.

Hopefully everyone can move past it so we can party it up next year...not at the Ramada.

#1362 5 years ago

As posted earlier, everybody should play games delicately, like this lovely lady. Actually, I saw her nudging the shit out of that MET. You can see the dramatic scrape on the floor next to the front left leg. Hahahaha

Met Granny (resized).jpgMet Granny (resized).jpg

#1373 5 years ago

And here I thought it was over and we moved on...

IMG_1934 (resized).PNGIMG_1934 (resized).PNG

#1409 5 years ago

I moved on...

IMG_1133 (resized).JPGIMG_1133 (resized).JPG

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I bought this custom light shade at the show from the guy who made the playfield hardtops.
You got to pick out what miniature back glass you wanted.
I thought it was neat/different.
I think his company actually makes some of the repro glasses sold by various vendors.

I saw those lamps. They were pretty cool.

E19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpegE19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpeg

#1470 5 years ago

D5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpegD5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.