IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ivan1496.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 6 years ago

There is no reason for concern. If you had space last year than you are fine for now. If I’ve reached out to you and didn’t get a reply than that space could get reallocated before April. Please remember to fill out the vendor registration if you haven’t already done so. It’s important and I invoice off of your requirements. The invoice is handled thru a third party invoicing program and emailed. It comes via Aynax, which is the party I use.

It originally looked like we may have some space issues. I don’t think this is an issue for now. We have a bunch of new vendors coming this year and we lost a few. I’m not ready at this time to reveal that information. There are some internal challenges I’m still working thru.

As always, I very much appreciate your questions and concerns. Most of you know how to reach me. I’ll do my best to fulfill your needs.

Ivan

1 week later
#424 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Hilton,
set up times on Thursday are from 1-9PM. The website doesn't say what times you can set up a game for freeplay on Friday, but I'd imagine 10:00 or later. Let's ask Ian the show promoter.
ivan1496 Ivan What are the set up hours for freeplay pins being brought in on Friday and Saturday?

I allow setup on Friday starting at 8am. Setup can happen after the show opens but I discourage it. I must consider that someone could run into a delay of some sort. In this case my guys must assist as this could be a safety matter. Saturday is also at 8am.

Regarding abuse, seldom happens and those that do are quickly reminded by many that support the show and hobby.

As for Friday start, the last two years I have opened earlier than posted. It was raining pretty hard. There has been a significant line to get in on Friday. I'm not about make people stand in the rain if I can help it. Be advised! If its raining early doesn't mean you should show up at 10am and expect this. The vendors must be given time to finish their setup. I generally ask around to make sure we are ready before I open the doors. Regardless of weather, If the line is excessive I may also decide to open earlier than posted in an effort to control flow. Its easier on my staff and a safety consideration.

Ivan

3 weeks later
#504 6 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

What is the pinfest hotel rate for Comfort Inn?

I just talked with them this week. The rate they are offering is 119.00. We are trying to update our site but are having some issues with their link. It should be worked out early next week. Anyone who may have booked with them will probably get their rate adjusted.

Ivan

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Comfort Inn as in the one is fogelsville or the comfort suites.

I assume he meant Comfort Suites since thats what we have on our lodging page. Don't know anything about Comfort Inn.

#526 6 years ago

The vendors coming to the show page has been updated as well as the Vendor floor plan. Please remember to refresh your page. We have a bunch of new vendors this year. Those with websites have been linked.

There are a few spots still available if anyone is looking for a vendor spot.

Ivan

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

What happened to Starship Fantasy???

The problem is that there is nothing for them to goto before or after this show. They basically have to come all the way over here and then back home. Its an travel expense issue.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

ivan1496 How many free play games are Registered to far?

Not sure at the moment. I got a report last week that there were 52. A bunch have come in since. I'd say about 75 is the current count. The lion's share come in the last few weeks. This is how it has always been and this year seems no different. We may be a a little up from last year this time. I guess I'll check with Mr. Irving and see.

#567 6 years ago

This years shirt design is up on our home page. You may have to refresh to see it. Many thanks to Rage Tilt Pinball for their work. They will also be with us this year.

Ivan

4 weeks later
#852 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone know how many pins fit in a 26 foot straight truck? Trying to plan our day tomorrow. Not sure if we're going to need one trip or two

I just did this today. Depends on what games your bring and how. I prefer to keep them on their legs for easy on and off with no damage. 14 to 17 is what I've done. On their backs, different story. 25 to 27 can be done. 27 is a stretch but I pulled it off. I was pretty sure I couldn't get a nats ass in there that day.

I recommend multiple trips. Setting up all those games to save a trip would be a back breaker. I suspect you'll be looking for some pain med Friday morning.

See you tomorrow.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ivan1496.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=Ivan1496 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.