IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (5 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 months later
#68 6 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

When is this? Details, please?

Likely August again. I'm hoping to be able to finalize things with the venue within the next few weeks.

1 month later
#111 6 years ago

Is that a threat? lol

About how many games do you think you'll be bringing to the 2018 show?

1 month later
#248 6 years ago

The reviews about the Ramada gave me pause as well. Dirty rooms, broken toilets/sinks/showers, fruit files, dirty/ripped sheets, bad/moldy smells in the rooms and halls--and those are just the complaints in the past month.

I've been staying somewhere else for the past several years, but each year they keep jacking up the price, and it's really not that nice of a hotel for what they're asking for it now.

3 weeks later
#327 6 years ago

I usually stay over to recover and leave Sunday morning after a good night's rest. However, everything has to be out of the building Saturday night, so there are no games there come Sunday morning. It was only at Pintastic where we could leave stuff overnight and pack up in the morning. I liked not being in a rush the night the show ends, so I scheduled the Saratoga show like that where there is clean-up/pack-up time on Sunday if folks wanted to do that.

2 weeks later
#402 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Last year was the first time I went on Friday and not sat am. The website said doors open at 12:00 but we arrived at 11:30 there was no line to enter and the doors were open and quite a few people were already inside. What time on Friday does the show start?

People who set up games and booths at the show get in early.

Here is the show schedule: http://pinfestival.com/details.html

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

—how much abuse does a game typically get on the show floor? I’ve brought games to York in the past, but I know Allentown is a different beast.

It depends on the title. EM games typically get lower plays.

SS games can get around 200-400 plays. Popular DMD games can get 500-800+ plays.

I don't usually have any major problems on a properly prepared game. Though, considering the number of plays each day, I would suggest waxing the playfield between each day, rather than just once for the whole show.

As for people mistreating games, I can't say I've actually heard of that being a problem at this show.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I’m not so worried about coddling the games. Most of my games are firmly placed in the “players condition” bracket, and beg to be played more than they’ll ever get in my home.
I’m just always worried about burnt coils, or hard to obtain things like plastics breaking during the show.

Mayfair amusements usually has a selection of common coils available.

Plastics are hit-or-miss. I normally install PETG washers to help protect some of the corners on games that don't have plastic protectors pre-made for them. For games that are notorious for a particular broken plastic and washers or protectors aren't an option, you'll probably have to address it through other means--maybe cut your own protector.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

A fellow pinsder has graciously offered up his X-men pro for our booth!

I don't think I've seen one at a show in a couple years--I'll look forward to playing it

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Will there be anyone set up there to repair Arcade Game Boards? I have a mostly working board that needs a little help.

No, unfortunately, there hasn't been anyone there with a booth repairing boards--pinball or otherwise.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

There has been board repairs done at each year of the pintastic Sturbridge show. If you want to go there in June.

That is Ardvark:

http://www.ardvarkpr.com/

As far as I was aware, they only do pinball board repair, but probably wouldn't hurt to ask if you plan to attend that show.

2 weeks later
#482 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Does anyone at the show do boardwork while-u-wait?

Unfortunately, no. However, if you go to Pintastic in Sturbridge, MA in June/July, there is usually a repair booth there.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If borygard is there that would be a simple repair for him - if he has some down time give him a shout.

I don't think he attends any of the northeast shows.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So the show doesn't open until noon on Friday? I thought it started Friday morning last year.

Quoted from Ivan1496:

As for Friday start, the last two years I have opened earlier than posted. It was raining pretty hard. There has been a significant line to get in on Friday. I'm not about make people stand in the rain if I can help it. Be advised! If its raining early doesn't mean you should show up at 10am and expect this. The vendors must be given time to finish their setup. I generally ask around to make sure we are ready before I open the doors. Regardless of weather, If the line is excessive I may also decide to open earlier than posted in an effort to control flow. Its easier on my staff and a safety consideration.
Ivan

3 weeks later
#632 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Will there be any speakers or seminars at Allentown? I seem to remember hearing about those in past years but didn't see anything on the web site. Looking forward to my first Pinfest!

It's just games, vendors, and the flea market. No seminars.

If you want seminars, there are several at Pinstastic at the end of June in Sturbridge, MA.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is it in the same hall as last year? I was thinking for some reason it got moved

The York / White Rose show was moved to a new building. Pinfest is still at the fairgrounds.

2 weeks later
#799 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

For folks coming from/through Jersey and taking Route 78, note that there's a shitload of construction happening on 78 West just 2 miles on the NJ side of the toll plaza at the border. 3 lanes down to 1, and today on my way to the Sands in Bethlehem from NJ it added roughly 30 minutes to that one-way drive. No work on eastbound, but westbound, just before the Phillipsburg exit, is a freakin' nightmare.

http://www.penndot.gov/RegionalOffices/district-5/ConstructionsProjectsAndRoadwork/Pages/Auxiliary-Lanes-on-I-78-Between-U-S--22-and-Route-100.aspx

Sounds like lane merges might be from 8PM to 5AM. Did you go through during the day or evening?

Quoted from jrio101:

What is the best/fastest way around?

I-80, maybe?

#893 5 years ago

Wow, the free play floor is packed, the vendor spaces are packed, the flea market is packed...its looking like a great show so far

#894 5 years ago

For anyone go hasn't seen or played orbitor 1 before, it's a real treat to see one at a show. There is also a few zaccaria games, such as a very nice farfalla, a time machine, and a couple others.

20180503203918362 (resized).jpg20180503203918362 (resized).jpg

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

One quibble, there seemed to be a lot of games that were turned on but unable to start a game early in the show on Friday, and the same games were unstartable late Friday. Are people bringing games that they know will sit unplayed just to get free entry? That's a kinda lame stunt, if so.

If you see a game not working, text the number on the info card to let the owner know. Often times, a problem develops on a game, and nobody notifies the owner, so it sits until the owner happens to find out on their own later.

Also, there are some game systems that don't have an easy way to set it on free play, so the owner may have to keep loading up credits periodically.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lots of games with no owner info unfortunately.

I wouldnt say lots. A small handful, perhaps. Most of those were owned by show staff, I believe.

#1136 5 years ago

I didn't take too many photos this year.

A nice line-up of zaccaria games:

20180504085912097 (resized).jpg20180504085912097 (resized).jpg20180504085920639 (resized).jpg20180504085920639 (resized).jpg

A nice Lost World:

20180504085848871 (resized).jpg20180504085848871 (resized).jpg20180504085853830 (resized).jpg20180504085853830 (resized).jpg

A nice IJ:

20180505173428136 (resized).jpg20180505173428136 (resized).jpg

A sharp shooter II with an intact playfield:

20180505173852034 (resized).jpg20180505173852034 (resized).jpg

A Getaway with some nice mods--the pinsound package sounded great, an interesting new speaker panel, and there was a strip of interactive LEDs in the super charger. I really enjoyed this example, and I'm not usually to crazy about Getaways.
20180505173411739 (resized).jpg20180505173411739 (resized).jpg

There certainly were a lot of nice games at the show. The time sure went by quick.

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I take it you are the wonderful gentleman that I bought the Rock On! from.

Nice, I was wondering who might end up with it.

If you're not already aware, be sure to check the pinwiki page for info on allied leisure games. There's a bunch of stuff there that should help with introducing you to the game system and offer some troubleshooting info.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ALI/Fascination_Repair

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from halffast:

Anyone else with Facebook on their phone notice pinsiders they texted regarding machines popping up on facebook as friend suggestions, or is it just me? Seems cool, but a bit scary at the same time.

The facebook app can crawl your phone contacts.

#1420 5 years ago

I had one game there I hadn't really intended to sell, but someone made a good offer on it. They were really enthusiastic about the game, so I'm glad it went to a good home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.