IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (6 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraigC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1416 5 years ago

I bought the sky raider from you. Thanks for the new interesting to complete project!

I would have bought the rifle if I could have fit it.

Quoted from robgo777:

Ok, so now for the REAL story of what happened with this deal. Prior to the show I responded to mcandrew's post about his Atlantis, see post #821 of this thread. According to the post the game is "Restored" and is missing the submarine. I contacted him and told him that "if the machine is in the condition you claim it to be, then I will take it". I was the one who actually offered up the $100 paypal deposit. He accepted and we spoke briefly over the phone where he confirmed the machine's condition and talked logistics. I told him I would be at the show on Friday and Saturday as one of the vendors and that I would pick it up from his friend.
Fast forward to Friday morning. My wife and I were one of the vendors selling off some machines and various pinball parts etc (she was the cute tiny one that is always smiling). We arrived at around 9am to start setting up our booth. It was crazy from the get go, as any other vendor there that day could agree. It wasn't until later on that afternoon that I managed to sneak away to go try and find the machine to check it out. I wasn't able to find it, and mcandrew mentioned that it had moved spots. I got called back to my booth and was really just tied up until the end of the day when they kicked us out at 9pm.
The next morning was a lot slower so I finally managed to find this machine over at one of the flea market vendors. It was wrapped up and standing on it's back. There wasn't anyone around the area, so I took a few minutes to look the machine over. There was visible water damage on the bottom of the machine.. red flag #1. The legs that were next to the machine were in terrible shape and rusted over, red flag #2. Once I finally managed to find the young man who was currently in care of the machine I asked if we could set it up so that I could test it out. He was pretty reluctant to do so... red flag #3. Finally he wheeled it over to another booth to see about setting it up. I asked him if he had some wrap so that we could fold down the backbox after I got done testing it and he said he didn't. So before I went any further I wanted to go see if I could secure some. I told him I would be back.
I got called back to my booth to tend to some more customers and such as it was starting to get busy again. While I brought some stretch film with me, I was running really low and I had a couple machines sold that I wanted to make sure I had enough to get them properly wrapped up for the buyers. Once they were taken care of I realized I had enough so I went back a couple times to find the machine back in the corner by itself and the young man was no where to be found. I would have also liked to bring it back to my own booth to set it up and test it out, especially now that I finally had some space cleared up to make room for it. So I went back to my booth and got busy again and at this point decided to contact mcandrew to let him now that I would be passing on the machine because I wasn't able to thoroughly test it out (this was 10am on Saturday BTW, not on Sunday as he posted). I suggested to him that he have his friend set it up so that people could play it and that it would surely sell for more than what he was originally asking.
Later on when things slowed down again I kept going back to check on the machine to see if it was ever set up. Of course it wasn't, just sitting in the corner next to some other junk. Had it been, then I would have tested it and still completed the purchase had everything checked out. I sent additional messages to mcandrew telling him the machine was still not set up and suggested he have is friend do so. Later on Saturday afternoon I checked in with him once again to ask if it had sold yet and he told me it had. I congratulated him on the sale and was glad to hear that he wouldn't run into a situation where he would have to get it shipped back to him. Had that been the case I was thinking of making another offer to buy the machine for a lower price for an "as is" transaction.
Long story short, the original deal was for a machine that was in a particular condition. I have never done business with this mcandrew fellow before so it would be delusional to think anybody would spend money on a machine from a stranger without testing it out first. For all I knew the machine didn't work and the boards were all missing or fried. The unfortunate thing is I really did want the machine, this wasn't a case where I just changed my mind or refused to buy it just because it couldn't be put back together. I have been in this hobby for 15 years and there are plenty of people who can attest to that fact that I am not that kind of guy. I would however apologize for not being able to get to the machine sooner on Friday, but like I said Friday was super nuts. My wife and I didn't even get to take a break to get a meal until around 6pm.
My suggestion though would be that before you go posting stuff all around a public forum about somebody, get your facts straight. To everyone who replied to this guy's post, interesting that none of you asked to hear the other side of the story. Since half of you are from the same area as him, its pretty obvious you are all friends. So I suppose that would be the reason you so quickly jumped on the bandwagon to label me as if I was some kind of world class scammer and major douchebag. Better yet, mcandrew, next time why don't you just handle things in private like a professional. It is something a classy person would do, rather than publicly bash another person over something as trivial as this event was. Sheesh... you would have thought I went to his house and stole 3 of his machines and kicked his dog on the way out.
ps... flynnibus.. I hope you enjoy that 3rd magnet mod I sold you. You seemed happy with the transaction and our interaction so I guess I am not that huge of a monster you have all made me out to be after all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraigC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown?tu=CraigC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.