Topic Stats

• 1,480 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 253 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15n5fgk (resized).jpg
D5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpeg
20180505_100847.jpg
E19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpeg
20180513_102558 (resized).jpg
20180513_102614 (resized).jpg
20180513_102608 (resized).jpg
20180513_102537 (resized).jpg
8E57F497-68B1-4BE0-99D8-7FD7CF5983EC (resized).jpeg
000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 30.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Awesome now all I have to do is find a mint Hearts & Spades on the Madison Craigslist

Ask u2sean if he still has one to sell.

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Warning for the "I'm offended by seeing another hotel post" people, scroll on....
So, guys that have stayed at the Renaissance...is self parking really a sh#t show like the reviews say? Or is it fine if your not a complainer.... Also, what does the parking garage charge?
Thanks

I’ve never had a single issue with parking there. If there’s an event going on at the attached arena I’ve had to park closer to the top of the garage but never had an issue finding a space. Parking may have a fee Thursday/Friday till 5, but the gates have always been open for free parking after that on weekends.

<ducks tomatoes being thrown for talking about hotels. >

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Would love to get a hotdogin pinball, if anyone has one to sell and they plan to go to Allentown please PM me.

There's one in NJ on facebook marketplace, $1400. Not mine but figured I'd mention.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I’ve never had a single issue with parking there. If there’s an event going on at the attached arena I’ve had to park closer to the top of the garage but never had an issue finding a space. Parking may have a fee Thursday/Friday till 5, but the gates have always been open for free parking after that on weekends.
<ducks tomatoes being thrown for talking about hotels. >

Just remember to be sure there's not an event at the PPL Center. That jacks up parking something fierce. As of now they have nothign on their calendar fro May 3-6

Chris

#305 2 years ago

Yes, went to see that in person and asked prior is there any playfield touch up..."no, its all original" Low and behold, it looked like a child did the touch up (allot of it) with a crayon, really bad job. I was so disappointed

Quoted from Philk:

There's one in NJ on facebook marketplace, $1400. Not mine but figured I'd mention.

#306 2 years ago

Anyone got a cure for the swords of Fury bug I came down with?

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I have never played this pin, artwork looks good, design seems original. Good luck with the hunt.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Pinfest has been the only place I've ever been able to get my Lionman on. Hope another one shows up again to play this year.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I really don't think theres anyone that doesn't want to see hotel posts. There are just some people (myself included) that are tired of hearing about people constantly rant about their bad Comfort Suites experiences rehashed from 9 months ago. It`s like "all right we get it by now" lol. But trust me theres nothing wrong with mentioning hotels.

You have to take all the bad hotel "reviews" with a grain of salt. I do believe people on here when they say their reservations got screwed-up and other gripes and bitches about the Comfort Suites and other hotels but stuff like that happens in this world whenever there are human beings involved in the process. People screw-up. But I've stayed at the Comfort Suites probably more often than anyone on here and wouldn't hesitate staying there again. I actually lived there for 4-5 months in 2016 while working as a consultant before I moved to Allentown and never had any problems what-so-ever.

One the other hand, I've stayed at the much more expensive Hilton Hotels before and had bad experiences with screwed-up reservations and other BS. Doesn't mean I automatically avoid them for life just because some nimrod screwed the pooch.

I'm sure you could find any hotel in the world where someone had a bad experience or felt they were somehow wronged but if every customer had the same experience they wouldn't be in business long. I always like the Comfort Suites because of the on-site bar/restaurant. I could have stayed just about anywhere including the more expensive Holiday Inn Express next door but usually stayed at Comfort Suites. It's nothing fancy but if you notice no one I've ever seen has said there were cockroaches in their rooms or anything like that.

Everyone likes one hotel or another for various reasons. My colleagues I'm traveling with now like the Holiday Inn Express in Easton while I prefer the Courtyard by Marriott here in Bethlehem. They are both about the same as far as the rooms go and the price too. The Ramada in Whitehall has a bar and comedy club and it's cheap but the beds aren't the most-comfortable.

The bottom line is you usually get what you pay for and yes.... people do screw-up occasionally but it's usually not the norm. I'd be willing to bet that the Comfort Suites will be sold-out during Pinfest. They are sold-out a lot in the summer too because of their location right across the street from Dorney Park.

#310 2 years ago

Disclaimer, another hotel post:

Well for some reason the rate jumped $50 on the Renaissance since yesterday, glad I already booked it.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

You have to take all the bad hotel "reviews" with a grain of salt. I do believe people on here when they say their reservations got screwed-up and other gripes and bitches about the Comfort Suites and other hotels but stuff like that happens in this world whenever there are human beings involved in the process. People screw-up. But I've stayed at the Comfort Suites probably more often than anyone on here and wouldn't hesitate staying there again. I actually lived there for 4-5 months in 2016 while working as a consultant before I moved to Allentown and never had any problems what-so-ever.
One the other hand, I've stayed at the much more expensive Hilton Hotels before and had bad experiences with screwed-up reservations and other BS. Doesn't mean I automatically avoid them for life just because some nimrod screwed the pooch.
I'm sure you could find any hotel in the world where someone had a bad experience or felt they were somehow wronged but if every customer had the same experience they wouldn't be in business long. I always like the Comfort Suites because of the on-site bar/restaurant. I could have stayed just about anywhere including the more expensive Holiday Inn Express next door but usually stayed at Comfort Suites. It's nothing fancy but if you notice no one I've ever seen has said there were cockroaches in their rooms or anything like that.
Everyone likes one hotel or another for various reasons. My colleagues I'm traveling with now like the Holiday Inn Express in Easton while I prefer the Courtyard by Marriott here in Bethlehem. They are both about the same as far as the rooms go and the price too. The Ramada in Whitehall has a bar and comedy club and it's cheap but the beds aren't the most-comfortable.
The bottom line is you usually get what you pay for and yes.... people do screw-up occasionally but it's usually not the norm. I'd be willing to bet that the Comfort Suites will be sold-out during Pinfest. They are sold-out a lot in the summer too because of their location right across the street from Dorney Park.

Ok?? All I simply said was that no one is against hotel posts including myself. Just don't need to (9 months later) hear the same stories (regarding any hotel) repeated and repeated on a pinfest thread.

#312 2 years ago

Disclaimer, another hotel post:
Well for some reason the rate jumped $50 on the Renaissance since yesterday, glad I already booked it.

I locked in my rate in November. Stop by again I’ll have a brownie if your daughter wants one .

#313 2 years ago

I am against hotel posts.

#314 2 years ago

I locked in my rate in November. Stop by again I’ll have a brownie if your daughter wants one .

Excellent brownies btw, Thank You. Will be unleashed this year, debauchery will ensue! I shouldn't be allowed out without supervision (Just my buddy and I this year)

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I am against hotel posts.

Hotel free zone for those affected by frequent Hotel posts... Enjoy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-buy-sell-trade

Disclaimer: The word "Hotel" is used in this post for those offended by the word "Hotel"

#316 2 years ago

Bump bump bump

#317 2 years ago

HOTEL ! Play the game .. poke

#319 2 years ago

Dilly Dilly!

#320 2 years ago

Follow Sir Brad to the “Pin of Misery “

#321 2 years ago

Follow Sir Brad to the “Pin of Misery “

He has an Alien??
Dilly Dilly!

#322 2 years ago

Curious, will Color Dmd be a vendor and if so, is there a show discount? I know I'd save the shipping, but if it was also say 10% off or something...after a few beers I'd be walking away with another one.

#323 2 years ago

They usually don't do the shows as a vendor.

Curious, will Color Dmd be a vendor and if so, is there a show discount? I know I'd save the shipping, but if it was also say 10% off or something...after a few beers I'd be walking away with another one.

#324 2 years ago

Ask them?

#325 2 years ago

Why, I asked in this appropriate thread...and received an answer?
Couldn't remember if they did shows or not, thank you rmarket...

#326 2 years ago

Anyone staying over in Allentown Saturday night after the show? Was thinking it's Cinco De Mayo, and if we still had the banquet room, there should be plenty of machines left over from the show. We usually start packing up around 6pm and are on the road for 8pm, then home around 1AM after dinner and gas stops. Almost makes sense to pack up, relax and leave in the AM instead.

Thoughts?

#327 2 years ago

I usually stay over to recover and leave Sunday morning after a good night's rest. However, everything has to be out of the building Saturday night, so there are no games there come Sunday morning. It was only at Pintastic where we could leave stuff overnight and pack up in the morning. I liked not being in a rush the night the show ends, so I scheduled the Saratoga show like that where there is clean-up/pack-up time on Sunday if folks wanted to do that.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually stay over to recover and leave Sunday morning after a good night's rest. However, everything has to be out of the building Saturday night, so there are no games there come Sunday morning. It was only at Pintastic where we could leave stuff overnight and pack up in the morning. I liked not being in a rush the night the show ends, so I scheduled the Saratoga show like that where there is clean-up/pack-up time on Sunday if folks wanted to do that.

Well, that's why I'm wondering if the Ramada will have the banquet room open Saturday night too. There should be plenty of pins on hand to setup there after the show.

#329 2 years ago

Looks like Playfield Protectors will be running a sale again this year... for show pickup. Details as they become available

#330 2 years ago

I have had a few people reach out to me about rooms at the Ramada and that when they are calling the people seem clueless. The deal was made with the GM Kathi Lansinger, Ext 304. I also have a contract for this room. Let me know if anyone else has problems.

Chad

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have had a few people reach out to me about rooms at the Ramada and that when they are calling the people seem clueless. The deal was made with the GM Kathi Lansinger, Ext 304. I also have a contract for this room. Let me know if anyone else has problems.
Chad

I got a rate of $84 plus tax for a total of $94. Made the reservation back in October. Called last week for a pinfest rate and they had no idea what I was talking about

#332 2 years ago

Anybody ideas about good hotels in the area?

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm renting out the back of my honda element both thurs and Fri night. Applicants must be soft a cuddly.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Keep that crap in the other Pinfest thread

#335 2 years ago

Can I buy some kind of pinball lift at this show for moving pins around in my basement?

#336 2 years ago

I bought one last year. They are expensive but work well. The last few years I was there I always saw them there.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can I buy some kind of pinball lift at this show for moving pins around in my basement?

Just go to Harbor Freight...Love mine

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You should be able to. See Bruce drgnlair

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I got a rate of $84 plus tax for a total of $94. Made the reservation back in October. Called last week for a pinfest rate and they had no idea what I was talking about

Talked to Kathi, here is what she said:

Chad,

We actually have about 15 reservations over the 3 nights I have available at the group rate. There are still plenty of rooms available in the room block. I'm not sure why some have had trouble. They should be able to make reservations without trouble. I will double check with our front desk staff, though.

Kathi

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Talked to Kathi, here is what she said:
Chad,
We actually have about 15 reservations over the 3 nights I have available at the group rate. There are still plenty of rooms available in the room block. I'm not sure why some have had trouble. They should be able to make reservations without trouble. I will double check with our front desk staff, though.
Kathi

Thx, just called and got the lower rate, $71.99.

#341 2 years ago

So, there are hotels?

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, there are hotels?

Yes and they are encouraging guest reviews on the other Allentown Thread ! LOL

441C0BC7-0843-4A01-82E4-6CA59067A9D1 (resized).jpeg

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, there are hotels?

Bedbug joints and non-bedbug joints...Yup..

We have a pool and a pond...A pond would probably be better for you...

#344 2 years ago

Yes and they are encouraging guest reviews on the other Allentown Thread ! LOL

I thought this was the other thread? There is a third?

#345 2 years ago

Bedbug joints and non-bedbug joints...Yup..
We have a pool and a pond...A pond would probably be better for you...

What makes ya think I'd prefer a pond?

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What makes ya think I'd prefer a pond?

Caddy shack quote....Sry, forgot the "" (Figured everyone on the planet saw the movie, my apologies)

#347 2 years ago

Caddy shack quote....Sry, forgot the "" (Figured everyone on the planet saw the movie, my apologies)

Would you like to tie me up with one of your ties, Ty?

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Would you like to tie me up with one of your ties, Ty?

I wanna hamburger, no a cheeseburger. I wanna hotdog and milkshake,

You’ll get nothing & like it !

#349 2 years ago

Does everyone know at ~4pm Saturday the pretzel wraps are BOGO ? Found that out Last year .

Hope Bob Adams is in the Flea again guy has some amazing stuff .

#350 2 years ago

LOL, without hearing the voice, it went right over my head!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 197.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 7.95
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside