000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 30.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mike, is that IJ for sale?

No, and I’ll be keeping my eye on you around my IJ to make sure it doesn’t wander off the floor!

Not planning on selling any of the games I bring.

#202 6 years ago

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Just booked my room at the Ramada.
Bringing four games, none ready yet, no prices or pics:

Bally: Zip-A-Doo - for sale

We have seen this game for sale in the Pinside Market once. The asking price was $350

Is this your price?

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

We have seen this game for sale in the Pinside Market once. The asking price was $350
Is this your price?

Hey now, is that proper etiquette? Asking a guy who said not ready yet, no prices or pics, if he'll match an arbitrary price?

Oh, it's you.

#205 6 years ago

Plans are to have 8 games for free play.

Registered for the Ramada, if I buy something playable itll go to the party room.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Plans are to have 8 games for free play.
Registered for the Ramada, if I buy something playable itll go to the party room.

Thanks @the96stang!

#207 6 years ago

I will be attending Pinfest after a 10 year hiatus. Looking for Bally project games from 1978-81. Let me know if you have something to sell.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Are you able to bring a game to the Ramada Party room?

If I buy a game I'll set it up!

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

If I buy a game I'll set it up!

Fantastic! My T2 is for sale

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Fantastic! My T2 is for sale

I have a T2 but thanks for offering!

My main shopping list is any one of these:

Xenon
Quicksilver
Swords of Fury
Diner
CFTBL
WH2O

Will consider any other Bally/Stern SS pins along with Sys 11 and WPC.

I drive down for 7 hours empty and usually come home with a pin so hopefully I can make a pre-show arrangement or I buy a pin on the show floor so chances are good I'll have a pin. We usually setup some games in our hotel rooms but I really like the idea of a main party room to socialize and party Friday night. Great idea!

#211 6 years ago

It’s going to be a good time for sure.

#212 6 years ago

REGARDING HOTELS:

This is just a reminder to anyone looking to book a hotel for the Allentown Pinfest to avoid at all costs the Comfort Suites on Hamilton Blvd. or any other hotel owned by the Joshi Hotel Group (http://www.joshihotels.com/).

Here's a link again to the complete story of the disaster that my large group had to deal with at the hands of the incompetent staff and aggressively antagonistic management at this hotel:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/49#post-3776684

We were not the only ones that experienced a near weekend-ruining debacle at the Comfort Suites, so you don't have to take just my word for it. I realize I am beating a dead horse here, but I want to make it as widely known as possible that this hotel is no friend of the pinball community. I'm disappointed that this hotel is still linked to the event via the pinfest website, but I also realize the event organizers have more important things to deal with that this kind of (comparatively) small potatoes.

If you're looking for the party, it's clearly taking place at the Ramada this year, although many of us have also booked at the Wingate.

Be smart. Be informed. Learn from the experiences of your fellow pinball enthusiasts.

/end public service announcement

Really looking forward to pinfest this year!

#214 6 years ago

They gave us a room that was already occupied. The second room they gave us had peoples luggage in it. They had to issue us two separate rooms being there were no rooms left with two beds. The next morning I was ready to leave to go to the show and an elderly couple walked into my room. Yes, they gave my room away. They also said they would only charge us for one room that night. A couple of weeks later we were billed for two separate room. It took my friend several phone calls to rectify the billing. We will defiantly not be staying at the CS this year.

#215 6 years ago

I was in the group that was inconvenienced and jerked around by the Comfort Suites last year. Besides f**king around fellow Pinheads, there has been a steady decline in the cleanliness of the property over the past five years I've stayed there for Pinfest. The Ramada mentioned here looks to be a good deal and even better with the pin room! For those who'd like to stay in the same Dorney Park area as the Comfort Suites, there's always the Holiday Inn Express (which is right next door) and the Wingate by Wyndham, which is also on Hamilton Blvd but on the other side of HWY-78 (nearer to Costco/Target). I've not stayed at either, but both places have comparable star ratings and prices to Comfort, that is, between 2- and 3-stars and between $80-100 per night. I think the Canadian guys and girls have worked out a deal with Wingate.

Just my two cents...stay where you like, but please don't stay at Comfort Suites.

000-pins5 (resized).jpg000-pins5 (resized).jpg

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

They gave us a room that was already occupied. The second room they gave us had peoples luggage in it. They had to issue us two separate rooms being there were no rooms left with two beds. The next morning I was ready to leave to go to the show and an elderly couple walked into my room. Yes, they gave my room away. They also said they would only charge us for one room that night. A couple of weeks later we were billed for two separate room. It took my friend several phone calls to rectify the billing. We will defiantly not be staying at the CS this year.

Just curious, but why get a hotel room? You're only a 45 minute ride from pinfest.

#217 6 years ago

Looking forward to this year show! Last year's Booth went so well Rich @jigglymartian and I will probably have two booths.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Right now I plan on bringing T2 to sell and Count-Down to the Ramada party room.

Whats the cost on Your T2

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Kersch:

Whats the cost on Your T2

Asking $2400. Also willing to trade.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Looking forward to this year show! Last year's Booth went so well Rich @jigglymartian and I will probably have two booths.

Can you bring those peanut donuts again?

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Can you bring those peanut donuts again?

Can you both wear Daisy dukes again?

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just curious, but why get a hotel room? You're only a 45 minute ride from pinfest.

I get to spend three days with great friends I only see twice a year. I have been doing the Allentown for 20+ years with these friends, they are more like family.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really don't know why this thread was created. I was really enjoying the 2017 thread.

Notice I kept my mouth shut on that thread - 2018 is a new year!

#224 6 years ago

I'll be there again with tequila! Find me. 6' 2" ...Hawaiian shirt...Yellow cary bag...(see pic)

IMG_3986.JPGIMG_3986.JPG

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll be there again with tequila! Find me. 6' 2" ...Hawaiian shirt...Yellow cary bag...(see pic)

I look forwad to saying hello to you every year Ted!

I wish I were more social. I am horrible with names, and know I ave met many pinsiders, but can never place the faces with the names when I need to - I always seem to miss the tailgates and gatherings at Pinfest too.

Sigh. LOL

Chris

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Would you just call it a man-purse already?!

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I look forwad to saying hello to you every year Ted!

...and I as well. See you soon!

Quoted from yzfguy:

...man purse with tequila....

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

IMG_4655 (resized).JPGIMG_4655 (resized).JPG

#229 6 years ago

Well i was fortunate to be one who got an unoccupied room at the Comfort Suites. Unfortunate that a couple fellas 30 mins later got the room too. At least i didn’t have to meet them as i was busy in the can after a long day of driving..... not awkward at all.

Thought i’d better store some valuables in the safe since who knows how many other people would get keys to the room. What luck it didn’t work! At least the show was great but i’ll def find alternate accommodations this year.

#230 6 years ago

I registered for the indoor flea, I’m avoiding Comfort Shitz and staying further down on 222 @ Homewood Suites (Hilton) newer hotel cleaner, has more amenities. I’m just too F#%*ing old to be up all night playing pinball at the Ramada . Sadly health issues removed my beer drinking days Honestly if this were 20 years ago I’d be all in with the Ramada Team. The VIP lounge at Pintastic was awesome for the DMD crowd I’m thinking this Ramada Inn Event will be as popular!

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I registered for the indoor flea,

So the registration is open/updated?

#232 6 years ago

So I'm hearing a lot about where not to stay (comfort). And I know where the party place to stay is (ramada). However, where is the nice place to stay? The comfortable, safe, clean, quiet place? And by quiet I mean the rooms. I hate thin walls in a hotel.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So I'm hearing a lot about where not to stay (comfort). And I know where the party place to stay is (ramada). However, where is the nice place to stay? The comfortable, safe, clean, quiet place? And by quiet I mean the rooms. I hate thin walls in a hotel.

Unfortunately there aren't really any "nice" hotels in Allentown according to my definition of nice, asides from sands Bethlehem. If ur looking for a top notch clean, extremely quite, comfortable, safe, and modern place then the comfort inn Lehigh valley west in fogelsville is a good choice. we were probably the first ones to use our room last year since they just renovated that wing. Very quite. Very reasonably priced for what u get. Only downside is that it's about 10 mins west of the show, but it's worth it.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Glasbern upscale B&B, maybe 7 miles to the west, on Packhouse Road. Not sure how quiet though.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I stayed at the Sheraton downtown last year. A little more pricy, but it's only about 1.5 miles from the event, very nice, quiet. Restaurant downstairs with great food.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I stayed at the Sheraton downtown last year. A little more pricy, but it's only about 1.5 miles from the event, very nice, quiet. Restaurant downstairs with great food.

I couldn't find the listing for that, so I ended up booking at the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem. I've had really good luck with Hampton over the years, so I guess it's the best option.

#237 6 years ago

DaveH,
The Renaissance Allentown is a pretty nice hotel. If that’s more the type of place you are looking for. I haven’t stayed there as I live pretty close, but some of my wife’s friends enjoyed their stays there.

http://www.renaissanceallentown.com

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I couldn't find the listing for that, so I ended up booking at the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem. I've had really good luck with Hampton over the years, so I guess it's the best option.

Now that I looked, it was the Holiday Inn downtown. Sorry Dave.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

DaveH,
The Renaissance Allentown is a pretty nice hotel. If that’s more the type of place you are looking for. I haven’t stayed there as I live pretty close, but some of my wife’s friends enjoyed their stays there.
http://www.renaissanceallentown.com

I’ve stayed there multiple times if you’re looking for higher end accommodations and/or want to burn some Marriott points. Parking in garage is free on the weekends. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars. ~10 minute drive to the fairgrounds.

#240 6 years ago

I will have a nice demo man for sale

And a satchel dammit

#241 6 years ago

I'm just curious....Has anyone read the comments on TripAdvisor regarding the Ramada? Sounds like a sh#t hole....All set..

Comfort is out, Holiday Inn Express still decent?

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm just curious....Has anyone read the comments on TripAdvisor regarding the Ramada? Sounds like a sh#t hole....All set..

I did. That's why I'm staying at the Wingate.

#243 6 years ago

We stayed at Ramada for one night last year and had no issues. It's not a 5 star hotel and for the few hours we were there, it was fine.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We stayed at Ramada for one night last year and had no issues. It's not a 5 star hotel and for the few hours we were there, it was fine.

This. We are there for the party.

#245 6 years ago

We stayed at the Ramada last year also with a bit of trepidation and while it had some of the tell-tale signs of a formerly distressed property, they really did seem to be on the upswing. Check-in was a little silly as there was a guy under the counter fixing the printer while the lady was leaning over him trying to ring me up, but I was sympathetic as I've been that guy under the counter before. Hotels are a weird animal but this one seemed to be getting its act together.

The bartender in the little bar on the main floor was really fascinated by the whole idea of people traveling as far as they had to a pinball show and she found the term "pinhead" to be rather amusing, so she yelled across the bar to another table of guys: "Hey are you guys pinheads?" A Canadian gentleman responded by simply standing up and raising his sweatshirt to show a pinball shirt with the word 'pinhead' on it. After chuckles and introductions, we put together that one of them was there for Marco and actually had an order up in his room for me I'd intended to pick up at the show the next morning. This is the community-type stuff I'm hoping to see fleshed out by this year's efforts, even though I may not be able to attend myself.

The room wasn't perfect but it was clean. The staff were helpful and the free breakfast was pretty decent too. My wife sleeps late but I was able to load up on caffeine and carbs before we checked out. I felt our ~$80 was fairly well spent...

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I see "Bedbugs"...And, Yea.. all set.. The "people we're smashing their heads into our window" comment was interesting.

#247 6 years ago

Quoted from cooke:

I did. That's why I'm staying at the Wingate.

I recently talked to the guy who put together the group rate at the Wingate for us. He said he did his homework about area hotels, and that the Wingate was selected after taking all of the reviews into account. I do agree that the reviews of the Ramada don't paint a pretty picture, but at least it's got a bar attached!

#248 6 years ago

The reviews about the Ramada gave me pause as well. Dirty rooms, broken toilets/sinks/showers, fruit files, dirty/ripped sheets, bad/moldy smells in the rooms and halls--and those are just the complaints in the past month.

I've been staying somewhere else for the past several years, but each year they keep jacking up the price, and it's really not that nice of a hotel for what they're asking for it now.

#249 6 years ago

I stayed at the Wingate last year. The room was very clean. The bedroom was updated but the bathroom was dated (cracked tiles), but again it was very clean. They serve a free continental breakfast and I think the rate was ~$79.

#250 6 years ago

Come stay at the Renaissance with me; we’ll have champagne and caviar while we play a gold plated TNA with crystal balls in the club lounge before slipping into 1200 thread count sheets for the night. *

*None of this is actually happpening nor am I stay at the Renaissance.

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown/page/5?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.