New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 192219)

Pinfest 2018 Allentown

By Colsond3

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,480 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 253 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15n5fgk (resized).jpg
D5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpeg
20180505_100847.jpg
E19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpeg
20180513_102558 (resized).jpg
20180513_102614 (resized).jpg
20180513_102608 (resized).jpg
20180513_102537 (resized).jpg
8E57F497-68B1-4BE0-99D8-7FD7CF5983EC (resized).jpeg
000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ramada booked! Is it May yet???

Glie - Are you bringing a machine to the party room?

Quoted from emkay:

Actually I'm juggling dates right now but it's beginning to look like I won't be able to stay overnight this year. My youngest sister is getting married in San Diego in May and I'll be lucky to make it at all.

That stinks! Feel free to leave Hot Tip with us at the Ramada, it will be returned safely.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ramada booked! Is it May yet???

djreddog You may want to call the hotel and see if they can add more rooms to the block.

#153 2 years ago

I should be able to bring a game to the Ramada...or I usually buy a few so I could bring one of those there so at least we'd have it for a night. Still developing a plan for the show overall. I'll keep you guys updated.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

djreddog You may want to call the hotel and see if they can add more rooms to the block.

Hmmm, I'm not reading that post the same way you are. I'm reading it as he booked it with excitement, and then wishing it was May! Plus, we didn't reserve a block of rooms. She just said we need at least 10 rooms booked using the code to get the party room for free.

#155 2 years ago

Just booked the room. Can't wait 'til May 4th!!!

#156 2 years ago

What are the details of the party room?

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Something like this…

IMG_4557 (resized).JPG

#158 2 years ago

The wife and I are thinking about driving down from RI for this show. The only show we ever went to before was Pintastic; how does this one compare?

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

The wife and I are thinking about driving down from RI for this show. The only show we ever went to before was Pintastic; how does this one compare?

I haven’t been to Pintastic but I can describe Allentown. 200+ games on free play, all generations. Maybe Half of the games are for sale. All new games from all the manufacturers will be set up on free play. All of the major companies that sell mods will be there. There is a large indoor flea market area with a lot of project games, mostly EMs and early solid state. There are a lot of great deals on pins, working and projects, to be had here.

You also get to meet a lot of Pinsiders in person. The Farmers Market next door has a lot of great food vendors.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hmmm, I'm not reading that post the same way you are. I'm reading it as he booked it with excitement, and then wishing it was May! Plus, we didn't reserve a block of rooms. She just said we need at least 10 rooms booked using the code to get the party room for free.

Yes I did misread his post

#161 2 years ago

My two annual shows are now Pintastic and Allentown. Both awesome shows.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

First time having the party room. Basically over the past few years people staying at the Ramada have hauled a pin into their hotel room, invited 10-15 pinsiders over to the room for a long night of drinking and playing pinball. The hotel room gets overly crowded at times so this year I reached out to hotel management and struck a deal to get the "lounge" room, which they generally rent out for birthday parties and such. We plan on setting up numerous pins, have some music, drink some adult beverages and enjoy ourselves in a much larger space.

#163 2 years ago

Pinfest and ReplayFX are the only two must do things I ever have on my calendar.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Allentown is the largest show on the east coast and in my opinion, the greatest show of all. Ivan does a great job in terms of putting on the show and is a great guy. Almost if not over 300 pins on freeplay (a good mix of EMs and solid state), about 50+ vendors, and the flea market room (where I am) has about 20+ booths. Mostly EMs in there with many guys just chilling and tailgating as of it were outside. It's DEFINITELY the best show out there and no offense to some of those other shows, pinfest is the cheapest for what you get and you get a lot. Its not as much "fun and games" like pintastic (which is what I like about pinfest) but the show (and the fairgrounds venue itself) is a must go to.
Anyways, can't believe the thread is already booming 4 months from the show. Seems to be starting ealier each year which is great news.

#165 2 years ago

Right now I plan on bringing T2 to sell and Count-Down to the Ramada party room.

#166 2 years ago

You guys are really under-selling the farmers market. My family went for the first time last year after going to York in the past. One of York’s big issues is there’s nowhere close to get food anywhere really. The Allentown market is OUTSTANDING! it’s a permanent indoor market, with a million vendors. My wife must have spent 3 hours in there. Highly highly recommended!

#167 2 years ago

Just booked in at the Ramada

#168 2 years ago

Hoping I can make it. It's the weekend before the wedding. I'm going to do everything I can to help with planning early so that my Saturday is free to go to the show.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Hoping I can make it. It's the weekend before the wedding. I'm going to do everything I can to help with planning early so that my Saturday is free to go to the show.

We will come and get you....like a kidnapping / The Hangover kind of thing. I'll be happy to volunteer and make the call to your fiancé after saying "I think we f'd up"

#170 2 years ago

It's a pinball show. What's the worst that could happen?

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Bachelor party that weekend? I will for sure make the trip

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

cinco de meow (resized).jpg

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton, you're coming regardless. I have to meet you in person after reading your posts on here for three years. Plus I need some equally sarcastic back up.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you make the trip, I'll definitely be coming out for a little bit to say hello. It's been awhile!

#175 2 years ago

Ramada Booked. Stayed there the last 2 years and have no complaints. Looking forward to show this year.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Just booked in at the Ramada

Are you able to bring a game to the Ramada Party room?

Quoted from eabundy:

Ramada Booked. Stayed there the last 2 years and have no complaints. Looking forward to show this year.

Are you able to bring a game to the Ramada Party room?

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hilton, you're coming regardless. I have to meet you in person after reading your posts on here for three years. Plus I need some equally sarcastic back up.

This. I want to do a shot with ya!

#178 2 years ago

Who's going to start the unofficial for sale/for trade list?

#179 2 years ago

Allantown is one of my favorite shows of the year. Ivan and his crew do an amazing job.

#180 2 years ago

Just booked my room at the Ramada.

Bringing four games, none ready yet, no prices or pics:

Gottlieb: Raven - for sale
Gottlieb: Jacks to Open - for sale
Bally: Zip-A-Doo - for sale
Apple Time: Thunder Man - not for sale

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Alan - Will you be able to bring any of these games to the party room?

#182 2 years ago

I don't see why not. Probably JtO & TM, they're the lightest.

#183 2 years ago

Fantastic!

We now have 3 games confirmed for the Party Room. Lineup subject to change!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Looking forward to seeing you again. I owe you a drink or two at least.

-Greg

#185 2 years ago

I've never been and plan on going. How does the tournament work? Do you have to register in advance? Thanks

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I've never been and plan on going. How does the tournament work? Do you have to register in advance? Thanks

No you just show up and register

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

No you just show up and register

is it a standard match play or something else?

#188 2 years ago

I will not have any games for the party room. Right now I'm not sure what I will have available for Free Play at the show, and that's my first priority. If I buy something at the show, I have no problem bringing it to the party room though.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

is it a standard match play or something else?

Unless they change it this year, is best qualifying. I think you get like 2 free tickets, and then can purchase additional tickets, however they CAP the number of tickets you can buy. They have a women's, classics, and main divisions. I might be missing some minute details, but Corey Hulse will jump in and clarify everything as he helps run the tournament each year.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Unless they change it this year, is best qualifying. I think you get like 2 free tickets, and then can purchase additional tickets, however they CAP the number of tickets you can buy. They have a women's, classics, and main divisions. I might be missing some minute details, but Corey Hulse will jump in and clarify everything as he helps run the tournament each year.

Thanks - I'd like to be a part of it.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Fantastic!
We now have 3 games confirmed for the Party Room. Lineup subject to change!

I wonder if there would be a problem pulling a machine out of freeplay for the night to "troubleshoot some issues" back at the hotel.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I wonder if there would be a problem pulling a machine out of freeplay for the night to "troubleshoot some issues" back at the hotel.

I don't think there would be a problem. I plan on having Count-Down in the show(not for sale), and at the end of the night on Friday I plan on taking it to the Ramada then returning Saturday morning to set it back up for the show.

#193 2 years ago

What’s the best hotel to stay at? Can’t wait to go.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What’s the best hotel to stay at? Can’t wait to go.

That's subjective. But here is what I can tell you.

Below is the information to the hotel where many of us will be partying it up Friday night in a reserved room setup with a few pins, music, etc.

ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL HOTEL FOR THE PINFEST "PLAYAS"- Ramada Inn
I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.
To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".

#195 2 years ago

^thanks for putting that together

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^thanks for putting that together

You are welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it!

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You are welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it!

Chad's the man. And I owe you some keychains

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Chad's the man. And I owe you some keychains

Thanks Colson! And patience is a virtue. Perhaps you can finally attend one of my tournaments on 3/10 and personally deliver them ?

#199 2 years ago

Not staying at Ramada, but all booked for PinFest.

Hoping to bring 3 games for free play this year. Current thinking is IJ (brought this last year), Family Guy, and Getaway. Both IJ and Getaway have PinSound boards.

#200 2 years ago

Mike, is that IJ for sale?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 94.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 64.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
$ 109.99
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 55.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside