Topic Stats

• 1,480 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 253 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15n5fgk (resized).jpg
D5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpeg
20180505_100847.jpg
E19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpeg
20180513_102558 (resized).jpg
20180513_102614 (resized).jpg
20180513_102608 (resized).jpg
20180513_102537 (resized).jpg
8E57F497-68B1-4BE0-99D8-7FD7CF5983EC (resized).jpeg
000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Some people would chain them to a pole in the parking lot.

John you still alive buddy?

#102 3 years ago

Up to his armpits in Star Gazers, I would imagine.

You comin' to Allentown this year, greatwichjohn?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Anyone have experience dropping a normal 6x12 sized trailer out back behind the show overnight? I think it would be a PITA to tow it around for 3 days

I've left mine there several times lwithout any incident (besides clowns parking both in front and behind it and screaming bloody murder when you politely ask them to move their car so you can get into it or hook back up). I wouldn't do it without a hitch lock.

#104 3 years ago

Anyone have experience dropping a normal 6x12 sized trailer out back behind the show overnight? I think it would be a PITA to tow it around for 3 days

We leave our trailer out by the vendor entrance. I unbolt the tongue, so it is impossible to tow it away.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I've left mine there several times lwithout any incident (besides clowns parking both in front and behind it and screaming bloody murder when you politely ask them to move their car so you can get into it or hook back up). I wouldn't do it without a hitch lock.

I think I'll find someone who will park in front of the trailer that I can count on, great advice. I keep a motorcycle cable lock through the rims in my yard . Removing the hitch or locking it sounds like the way to go

#106 3 years ago

Part II, now what can I use as a deterrent for people blocking access to my trailer ? Other than caution tape, hey a--hole signs, and DOT traffic cones

#107 3 years ago

The only solution I have found is to get there early enough to make sure that you are the one parked in front of it. Even with doing that people manage to park the trailer in as the trailer is wider than the truck I use.

Part II, now what can I use as a deterrent for people blocking access to my trailer ? Other than caution tape, hey a--hole signs, and DOT traffic cones

#108 3 years ago

placed one of these in front of the trailer.

pasted_image (resized).png

#109 3 years ago

I got offered a special rate at the Homewood Suites a few miles south of Uncomfortable Sheets. I’m strongly considering it because it’s cheaper, newer, cleaner, and has more amenities. The reviews on the web are pretty high. I cancelled my reservation @ The Bed Bug Inn by the airport.

Pete, I’m going to buy a no parking sign and modify it to try and deter DB’s from blocking access to my trailer. And I’ll hook up to it early Saturday. I’m ordering a hitch lock from Amazon plus I’ll lock
My rims to the axel with a motorcycle cable lock .

1 week later
#110 3 years ago

I have big plans for this years show.

#111 3 years ago

Is that a threat? lol

About how many games do you think you'll be bringing to the 2018 show?

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is that a threat? lol
About how many games do you think you'll be bringing to the 2018 show?

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I have big plans for this years show.

So far my only plans are my normal two flea market spaces. I don't know if they will be full of machines (like last year) or if it will be more like other years with legs, back doors, backglasses, etc. --- it all still depends on the two nephews & my Virginia deal. If I could ever get them to finally make time to hook up with me again I should have lots more project coming - if not the space will be full of parts and I'll just have a few (maybe 8 or 10) machines.

Either way "Good Lord Willing" I'll be selling something at Allentown again in 2018. In a way I can't wait and yet in another way I wish it was still a year away for me to have time to get ready. Time & money are two things I never seem to have enough of!

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Time & money are two things I never seem to have enough of!

If you add space, those are three things all of us never have enough of.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If you add space, those are three things all of us never have enough of.

You are 100% correct about that and SPACE is typically my biggest issue. If I had more space to work I could do things more efficiently saving time and making more money. So maybe SPACE is my only true issue. Thanks for pointing that out now all I need to do is figure out how to add space which would likely solve my other two issues!

Or as the rest of the family keeps telling me "STOP BUYING" and that might be the best answer but all of you know how the addiction goes! "There is always room for just one more".

Last week I was so very happy I finally got my van empty after it had been sitting full for over a month. It was empty exactly 3 days and then "a deal too good to pass up" came along on 3 parts machines. So off I went with my "empty" van and now it is sitting full again because when I got to the sellers place I had room for 4 machines in the van so guess what - I had to buy one more from him. I AM VERY VERY SICK!

#116 3 years ago

You are 100% correct about that and SPACE is typically my biggest issue. If I had more space to work I could do things more efficiently saving time and making more money. So maybe SPACE is my only true issue. Thanks for pointing that out now all I need to do is figure out how to add space which would likely solve my other two issues!
Or as the rest of the family keeps telling me "STOP BUYING" and that might be the best answer but all of you know how the addiction goes! "There is always room for just one more".
Last week I was so very happy I finally got my van empty after it had been sitting full for over a month. It was empty exactly 3 days and then "a deal too good to pass up" came along on 3 parts machines. So off I went with my "empty" van and now it is sitting full again because when I got to the sellers place I had room for 4 machines in the van so guess what - I had to buy one more from him. I AM VERY VERY SICK!

Skip,
I am more than willing to help you with your space issue. I’ll make you a “generous” offer on all of your projects pins. Then you’ll have lots of room to store your next group of project pins....Oh wait...I just realized...you might have the opposite space issue...

#117 3 years ago

Should I bring Airborne or Phantom of the Opera?

#120 3 years ago

Airborne! Have yet to see a working one

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Skip,
I am more than willing to help you with your space issue. I’ll make you a “generous” offer on all of your projects pins. Then you’ll have lots of room to store your next group of project pins....Oh wait...I just realized...you might have the opposite space issue...

My "project" pin stash isn't anything like it has been in the past and with the exception of a few Classic Bally machines (that we are considering keeping or fixing and selling as working machines) might actually be entirely spoken for if my one buyer from a few weeks ago decides he wants my last 5 or 6 project machines. My issue now is I have been hoarding parts machines over the past 5 or 6 years and now I have 3 times as many parts machines as I have space for or time to part out. I wish the issue was "project machines" that issue is easy to solve these days but "parts machines" are almost impossible to sell so I need to spend the time making them into parts and selling those parts.

Worse yet most of my "parts machines" are woodrails or EM's so interest in those & the parts from them keeps dropping every year. Unlike SS machines most EM's and pretty much all woodrail stuff is dead these days.

#122 3 years ago

I would love to bring that again this year, but I can't seem to track down the opto issues it is having

Chris

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I would love to bring that again this year, but I can't seem to track down the opto issues it is having
Chris

I'd be happy to borrow it for a while and track it down for you.

#124 3 years ago

My "project" pin stash isn't anything like it has been in the past and with the exception of a few Classic Bally machines (that we are considering keeping or fixing and selling as working machines) might actually be entirely spoken for if my one buyer from a few weeks ago decides he wants my last 5 or 6 project machines. My issue now is I have been hoarding parts machines over the past 5 or 6 years and now I have 3 times as many parts machines as I have space for or time to part out. I wish the issue was "project machines" that issue is easy to solve these days but "parts machines" are almost impossible to sell so I need to spend the time making them into parts and selling those parts.
Worse yet most of my "parts machines" are woodrails or EM's so interest in those & the parts from them keeps dropping every year. Unlike SS machines most EM's and pretty much all woodrail stuff is dead these days.

Do you happen to have any High Speed beacon toppers in that parts inventory?

#126 3 years ago

When does the flea market registration open up and be updated on the website?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Do you happen to have any High Speed beacon toppers in that parts inventory?

Right now 95% of my parts stash is woodrail & EM stuff. I have parted out a few SS machines but most of that stuff either stays with us for our machines or sells as fast as I have it for sale. So no beacon tops right now is the short answer but thanks for asking!

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

When does the flea market registration open up and be updated on the website?

If my memory is correct not much happens before mid March. Maybe late February but not until well after the New Year anyway. Ivan will start chiming in sometime around February (maybe sooner).

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'd be happy to borrow it for a while and track it down for you.

I'm to th epoint where I might actually consider this.

Chris

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'm to th epoint where I might actually consider this.
Chris

Next time I'm up in your area, I'd be happy to stop by and take a look.

#131 3 years ago

Unlike SS machines most EM's and pretty much all woodrail stuff is dead these days.

I think if you post them, they will sell. Lots of EM fans here.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I think if you post them, they will sell. Lots of EM fans here.

I'm curious about this because I've just started helping a friend track down 3 EM's that he would love to add to his collection. I went through two companies who have found pins for me in the past and they said that they just don't make parts for EM machines any more, and rarely come up for sale (Bobby Orr, Ice Fever, and Olympic Hockey specifically). Can anyone tell me if there are still folks out there who still offer EM pinball repair services / acquisition help?

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

I'm curious about this because I've just started helping a friend track down 3 EM's that he would love to add to his collection. I went through two companies who have found pins for me in the past and they said that they just don't make parts for EM machines any more, and rarely come up for sale (Bobby Orr, Ice Fever, and Olympic Hockey specifically). Can anyone tell me if there are still folks out there who still offer EM pinball repair services / acquisition help?

Only one of those is an EM...

#134 3 years ago

Yes - that is correct. Looks like 2 of them are after 77. Any thoughts to my original question though? How likely is he to find someone who can refurbish and fix EM machines these days?

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Yes - that is correct. Looks like 2 of them are after 77. Any thoughts to my original question though? How likely is he to find someone who can refurbish and fix EM machines these days?

Yes

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

As far as repairs on ANY pinball machine in Central PA we are lucky to have a great asset here in Central PA - Jim from JT Amusements. He does just about anything pinball from woodrails right up to the newest machines, is fair with his prices, and does a great job with repairs. I have known Jim ever since I was in the hobby and he is in the hobby & repair business for all the right reasons. Like anyone else he needs to make a living but he loves these great old machines.

Normally we do 100% of our own repairs but this year has been so crazy we just have not had time to work on our personal machines. Yesterday I had Jim here for over 9 hours and we got 10 or 11 machines working during that time. Some were simple fixes and others took a little time but with 3 of us attacking different things on various machines we now have some working machines in the gameroom again.

So for anyone in Central PA remember if you need a machine fixed you are lucky to have someone around that can help you. The only thing with Jim - because he is good - he is busy so if you need major work on a machine it can take some time for him to get through one and for normal "house calls" it can be a few weeks before he has time to get to you during the busy times of the year. But if you call or email him he will reply to you - and as many of you already know that is unusual for repair guys these days (regardless of what repair business they are in).

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

There's still a few people in PA and NJ that fix EM's. I am somewhat proficient in fixing them, and I know a few other people that I call when I can't figure it out. If you can read a schematic, you should be able to figure out most issues. And buy a few flexstone files.

#138 3 years ago

Thanks for the info too-many. It's great to hear - I actually have Jim coming out to help me with a machine I own next week. I'm really looking forward to meeting him, and I'll talk to him more then. I've heard good things about him from others as well.

I've played pinball since I was little, but just recently got heavily into the hobby when I got my own machines. I'm not sure if other areas are similar, but I've found Central PA to be a great place for pinball. The Pinball Gallery in Malvern, Penn Skate in Allentown, Pinhead Amusements in Bedford (which I just sadly found out is closing), Pinball Parlour, etc. and a lot of great pinball festivals (York White Rose Game Room Show, and of course Pinfest). Can't wait to visit Pinfest for the first time in 2018.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Thanks for the info too-many. It's great to hear - I actually have Jim coming out to help me with a machine I own next week. I'm really looking forward to meeting him, and I'll talk to him more then. I've heard good things about him from others as well.
I've played pinball since I was little, but just recently got heavily into the hobby when I got my own machines. I'm not sure if other areas are similar, but I've found Central PA to be a great place for pinball. The Pinball Gallery in Malvern, Penn Skate in Allentown, Pinhead Amusements in Bedford (which I just sadly found out is closing), Pinball Parlour, etc. and a lot of great pinball festivals (York White Rose Game Room Show, and of course Pinfest). Can't wait to visit Pinfest for the first time in 2018.

When Jim comes to see you tell him Skip said "he is doing it wrong" or something like that just to mess with him! He & I have a long history of "pulling each other's chain". I highly doubt you will ever find a guy that enjoys his work more than Jim. He lives pinball 12 to 15 hours a day and even on his time off he is active in the hobby. Rarely do you find a guy that does something 7 days a week and isn't burned out on it! Being very honest I don't know how he does it!

As far as Central PA - it is amazing to have two great shows, several good places to play pinball and the wealth of machines for sale we have in this area. I am just so thankful I live here for several reasons but beyond loving the area it is a great place for pinball.

#140 3 years ago

When Jim comes to see you tell him Skip said "he is doing it wrong" or something like that just to mess with him! He & I have a long history of "pulling each other's chain".

Haha - I'll do it after he helps me with my machine, just in case! Finding a job where you get to live your passion is pretty incredible. It sounds like Jim did it.

Pinball seems to bring together a lot of good people. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys at Pinfest.

1 month later
#141 3 years ago

It's 2018 folks, let's do this! Pinfest is around the corner. Pinball Star will have at least 3 Houdini's on hand and 1-2 Alice Cooper machines along with a couple of TNA's. I'm going to reach out to Joe to see if he wants to sponsor the Ramada Playas Party and put a game in our party room.

Also, need to get a running tally of machines people are bringing to the party room. I believe we are at 2 right now.

Myself
Emkay

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL HOTEL FOR THE PINFEST "PLAYAS"- Ramada Inn
I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.
To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".
I just booked my room. Who else is in?

I just booked a room using the Pinfest code. The room was $71.99/night, not $79.99/night.

#143 3 years ago

sorry if it is buried in the thread...

What is the location and dates of this show?

Thinking of making the trip this year...

#144 3 years ago

May 4th and 5th
PinFest Spring Pinball Show will be held in Allentown, PA at The Allentown Fair Grounds

Address:
302 N. 17th Street
Allentown, PA 18104

#145 3 years ago

Show dates:
TH 05/03 Setup day (entry only if you bring a pin or are an exhibitor)
F 05/04 Noon - 9PM
SAT 05/05 9AM - 8PM

The event is listed on the event tab. There will be an all night after party with pins at the Ramada. See post#62 for hotel contact info. Hotel rate $71.99/night.

http://pinfestival.com/

#146 3 years ago

Even better rate!

#147 3 years ago

thanks guys

#148 3 years ago

Any idea on when the flea market registration opens? I recall that by this time last year the site was updated. Even though we're 3.5 months away I want to reserve my booth asap. Idk if we'll get a hotel or not. If worked out very well last year but we're only 90 mins away.

#149 3 years ago

Actually I'm juggling dates right now but it's beginning to look like I won't be able to stay overnight this year. My youngest sister is getting married in San Diego in May and I'll be lucky to make it at all.

#150 3 years ago

Ramada booked! Is it May yet???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Rubber/Silicone
Starcade Amusement
$ 19.50
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 49.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 11.00
There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside