000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Skip is going to sign off for a few weeks now but right around the first of the year I think we all need to start thinking what can each of us do to help improve all 3 of our east coast shows. Working together we can all do our part to make 2018 one for the record books as far as our 3 local shows.

Correction, improve all 4 east coast shows. A 2018 show in November or December in Delaware will happen.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Correction, improve all 4 east coast shows. A 2018 show in November or December in Delaware will happen.

Correction, improve all 5 east coast shows. There's also a very small one in Saratoga NY

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Correction, improve all 5 east coast shows. There's also a very small one in Saratoga NY

You are correct! Forgot about the newly formed Saratoga show!

#54 6 years ago

Anyhow, let's get back on topic with Pinfest (since that's what this thread is for). I hope to make 2018 my 6th straight time setting up in the indoor flea market. I'll have the typical merchandise; old coinop. MAYBE (I repeat MAYBE) my Gottlieb Crosstown. I'd consider taking the Top Card ivan sold me for free play only, but that one is a keeper and wouldn't be for sale.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You are correct! Forgot about the newly formed Saratoga show!

When is this? Details, please?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

This year it was mid August but it may change next year. The promoter hasn't announced the plans yet. Pinballsaratoga.com
But again, even though it's very early, let's please use this thread solely for the 2018 Allentown show

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Skip is going to sign off for a few weeks now but right around the first of the year I think we all need to start thinking what can each of us do to help improve all 3 of our east coast shows. Working together we can all do our part to make 2018 one for the record books as far as our 3 local shows.
From my observations: Allentown could use another dozen to 20 flea market dealers so the flea market has to expand to both inside & outside, Pintastic sadly I have not had the pleasure to attend yet that it is on my bucket list for 2018 but from taking to people Gabe has done great their in just a few short years, and as has been said already York could use more DMD machines and a few more vendors.
So anyone "on the fence" please consider doing your part in 2018.

Thanks Skip looking forward to seeing you at Allantown and Pintastic in 2018. If your marking your callender Pintastic is June 28th to undetermined lol.

#58 6 years ago

too-many-pins wrote:
From my observations: Allentown could use another dozen to 20 flea market dealers so the flea market has to expand to both inside & outside, Pintastic sadly I have not had the pleasure to attend yet that it is on my bucket list for 2018....

Pintastic wants to get a dozen flea market vendors, too. Are there enough? We'll have a separate thread for that eventually.
.................David Marston

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

too-many-pins wrote:
From my observations: Allentown could use another dozen to 20 flea market dealers so the flea market has to expand to both inside & outside, Pintastic sadly I have not had the pleasure to attend yet that it is on my bucket list for 2018....
Pintastic wants to get a dozen flea market vendors, too. Are there enough? We'll have a separate thread for that eventually.
.................David Marston

I think there are plenty of guys with excess stuff around they should consider selling off instead of hoarding all of it. I am more guilty than most but there has to be dozens - if not hundreds - of pinball people with excess stuff around they will never use. Us selling at shows started because the "excess stuff" was taking over. I am sure I am not the only one with that problem!

My suggestion to any of you guys that don't think you have enough for a space is to consider hooking up with a couple friends and sharing a space. Once you start selling at shows it will become a habit that is hard to kick. You meet lots of great people, get rid of stuff you really don't need, and get into the shows early to buy more stuff you don't need. Everyone should try it at least once!

#60 6 years ago

I think the reason why we can't get "a dozen to 20" more booths is partially because many dealers already share spaces, including my self which I'm extremely guilty of . I share my booth with 3 or 4 more dealers. It works out great tbh.
Anyhow, let's get this thread started with 2018 stuff.

#61 6 years ago

Have the dates been confirmed? And based on above conversation which is the Official Hotel/Motel for the show? If we book early maybe we can get a good rate. In the past I have been staying at the Red Roof (because I have had my dog with me) and getting a room rate for one person of under $90.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Have the dates been confirmed? And based on above conversation which is the Official Hotel/Motel for the show? If we book early maybe we can get a good rate. In the past I have been staying at the Red Roof (because I have had my dog with me) and getting a room rate for one person of under $90.

Here is the information to the hotel where we will be parting it up Friday night in a reserved room setup with a few pins, music, etc.

ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL HOTEL FOR THE PINFEST "PLAYAS"- Ramada Inn
I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.
To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".
I just booked my room. Who else is in?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

May 4 and 5, 2018. Setup on the 3rd.

#64 6 years ago

Ok, I asked the question, and made the challenge on price so I better come thru. I'll make my reservation tomorrow. Lets make sure we get to 10 rooms. Thanks djreddog for the legwork. I look forward to making some new friends.

Don Bosworth "Pinballs on the Move"

#65 6 years ago

Did you find out if we could put some pins in the room to play?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Did you find out if we could put some pins in the room to play?

Confirmed we can put games in the room. Over the past couple of years at the Ramada someone has always setup a game in their room, which was awesome but at times overcrowded. This will give us the opportunity to have more than one setup plus plenty of space. As noted, we get the room for free it 10 rooms are booked using the code I provided.

#67 6 years ago

I just hope there is no rain this year. Seems like we've had some crappy luck with weather the last two years. I plan on bringing and/or grabbing a game or two, and would be happy to set one up in the party room.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Likely August again. I'm hoping to be able to finalize things with the venue within the next few weeks.

#69 6 years ago

One thing that upsets me is Clay at VFW and Ivan always seem to pick the same date for their shows. One of these days I really want to drive out to check out Clay's VFW operation. This really sucks! I was hoping to check out VFW in 2018 but I guess that isn't going to happen again this coming year.

I do hope to make it to Pintastic and also up to hang out with Adam (ForceFlow) in 2018. 2017 was kind of a "lost year" for me as far as being able to attend pinball shows I am hoping to change that in 2018

#70 6 years ago

I'll book a flea spot again, it was a blast I didn't have an issue with "Uncomfortable Sheets"but I'd like to boycott them to support the others that got F'd over . Initially I booked at the Days Inn by the Airport but reading some reviews it has me horrified.

A few exits up is the Comfort Inn, (not Suites) for the price it's the best rated in its price class. I'll consider THE Ramada but will all the pins be SS or will there be 1-2 EM's ?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I'll book a flea spot again, it was a blast I didn't have an issue with uncomfortable sheets but I'd like to boycott them to support the others that got F'd over . Initially I booked at the Days Inn by the Airport but reading some reviews it has me horrified.
A few exits up is the Comfort Inn, (not Suites) for the price it's the best rated in its price class. I'll consider THE Ramada but will all the pins be SS or will there be 1-2 EM's ?

Is the Comfort inn you're referring to the one in Fogelsville? I stayed there. Very nice and it's great for the price. It is however 10-15 mins from the show. I know some friends who stayed at the red roof on the other side of town and I heard it's good.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

That makes 5 shows

#73 6 years ago

That makes 5 shows

Correct...

Quoted from Schnollms:

#74 6 years ago

I'll book a flea spot again, it was a blast I didn't have an issue with "Uncomfortable Sheets"but I'd like to boycott them to support the others that got F'd over . Initially I booked at the Days Inn by the Airport but reading some reviews it has me horrified.

Unfortunately there is no way to confirm EM's will be present that night unless people who are staying at the Ramada post up in this thread what game(s) they plan on bringing to the Ramada. I would love to see a couple of EM's though, short ball times

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I just booked my room. Who else is in?

I will make my reservation tonight, and if I can swing it will plan on bringing an EM for the Lehigh room. That'll be a call I'll have to make much closer to the date though.

Ever play a Flip Flop on skates with the tilt bob out? It's a great drinking game.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I will make my reservation tonight, and if I can swing it will plan on bringing an EM for the Lehigh room. That'll be a call I'll have to make much closer to the date though.
Ever play a Flip Flop on skates with the tilt bob out? It's a great drinking game.

Never did that but I listened to the dark side of the moon while watching the wizard of oz after munching some magic brownies

2 weeks later
#77 6 years ago

Reading Days Inn reviews by the Airport:

BEDBUGS , that's all I had to see and by more than one reviewer.

Ramada is missing a few amenities I get at Comfort Suites ( Uncomfortable Sheets) but after the horror stories in the 2017 thread I'm presently boycotting them. I've stayed there 6 shows in a row, I'm willing to shake the tree if need be. What say other Pinsiders ?

#78 6 years ago

Reading Days Inn reviews by the Airport:
BEDBUGS , that's all I had to see and by more than one reviewer.
Ramada is missing a few amenities I get at Comfort Suites ( Uncomfortable Sheets) but after the horror stories in the 2017 thread I'm presently boycotting them. I've stayed there 6 shows in a row, I'm willing to shake the tree if need be. What say other Pinsiders ?

Definitely shaking the tree

#79 6 years ago

Ramada gonna be the place to be, still trying to decide whether to stay one night or two. Two is awfully tempting but I feel like a bit of a jackwagon spending for that second night when I live less than an hour away.

#80 6 years ago

I'm in for the Ramada...waiting to see if I'll be vending this year or just attending. Might be both nights. Booking soon.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm in for the Ramada...waiting to see if I'll be vending this year or just attending. Might be both nights. Booking soon.

Well...I'm out, then.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I'm out, then.

Boob, please book a room. I don't think we have any stalkers on board yet.

#83 6 years ago

Several dozen Canadians will be staying at the Wingate on Hamilton. Already have our rooms booked.

I will be sure to yell profanities at the Comfort Suites every time we drive by.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Several dozen Canadians will be staying at the Wingate on Hamilton. Already have our rooms booked.
I will be sure to yell profanities at the Comfort Suites every time we drive by.

The all night pinball party is happening at the Ramada. Stop over if Wingate isn’t popping.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Another Canadian booked

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Another Canadian booked

Did you guys get a pinfest discount on the rooms?

#88 6 years ago

What code or promotion did you use when calling?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

What code or promotion did you use when calling?

Which hotel are you referring to?

#90 6 years ago

The wingate

#91 6 years ago

Didn't need a code. I was asked what the purpose of my stay was, said Pinfest and that was it.

#92 6 years ago

The discount code for the Wingate is: "Don't wanna party with the Americans, eh?"

#93 6 years ago

Weakgate

#94 6 years ago

Wimpgate

#95 6 years ago

Wrong side of the tracks/freeway gate. I stayed at the Wingate this year, but I will be staying at the Ramada next year.

#96 6 years ago

Exactly 6 months till the show (and I STILL have to move my
Top Card from the garage to the basement)! We're officially half way there folks. Felt like the last show was yesterday. These next 6 months will go by rather quickly.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Exactly 6 months till the show (and I STILL have to move my
Top Card from the garage to the basement)! We're officially half way there folks. Felt like the last show was yesterday. These next 6 months will go by rather quickly.

Definitely. The last few months always do.

#98 6 years ago

Anyone have experience dropping a normal 6x12 sized trailer out back behind the show overnight? I think it would be a PITA to tow it around for 3 days

#99 6 years ago

Anyone have experience dropping a normal 6x12 sized trailer out back behind the show overnight? I think it would be a PITA to tow it around for 3 days

I know some people leave them up in the grass at the top end of the parking lot. I don't like leaving my trailers so I always take them to the motel with me but at a guess I would say at least 6 to 10 people (or more) typically leave their trailers at the show. I don't know that I would do it without a good hitch lock but I am sure some people do.

#100 6 years ago

Some people would chain them to a pole in the parking lot.

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown/page/2?hl=schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.