000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 30.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, happened to me! On the Batman game a guy punched in 2 games. When I saw that I said "I guess I'm playing the second game!" He looked around at me and then just walked off.
[maybe it was the laser eyes!]

. . or there's the player that finishes their game and them promptly starts another game although there's people behind them; not one, not twice, but three times!

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

i found two of the guys from Gottlieb's Rock !!! lol

I drank a bottle of tequila in the parking lot with them while we listened to their new demo. It’s really good! Then we toured the bars and ended up in a Pinsider’s basement playing until near dawn. Had such a great time all around.

CBBB03DE-C502-496C-9C6D-05C9C89FEF53 (resized).jpegCBBB03DE-C502-496C-9C6D-05C9C89FEF53 (resized).jpeg

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

. . or there's the player that finishes their game and them promptly starts another game although there's people behind them; not one, not twice, but three times!

Experienced the same thing - some very rude people there

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from rvalkenburg:

SkyPilot, first of all I have seen this game in person, this is a beater. The playfield has significant wear and planking up and down the playfield, the backglass has wear as well, and a ton of other issues with the game, this game is not in "exceptional" condition. Your buddy can use the old excuse, well it is 37 years old, but that does not work with true pinball people. As for your hear say about beating someone down for a CPR playfield, not true. So let' not start some little high school katty BS. Here are the facts, and yes I was at the show too btw... The game was listed in excellent condition, he refused to send additional photos (right there I would have called him out as a scammer, but this was not my deal) he brought the game out wrapped up and gave Pinjunky a hard time about unwrapping it to check it.
So here is my assessment of this deal. The playfield is 5 out of 10, cabinet about the same, backglass 6 out of 10. This is a players quality game, period, not excellent, not exceptional, not even great, it is a decent game but it was false advertisement. So for "blackballing" someone, you and your little buddies made my list of typical scammers on Pinside that are destroying this hobby for the people who appreciate the games as they are and don't hide or BS people.
One more thing, how was your friend stuck, that is the biggest whiny BS. He did not have a gun to his head to sell it. Pinjunky devalued it because it was a piece of crap, compared to what it was built up to be. If your friend didn't like the deal, he should have manned up, brought it in to free play and either sold it there or taken it back home, you had the space to get it here. Granted the game would have been better in the flea market area in that condition

My two cents on this - the ad describes this as no wear. The game def has wear and although older, enough to break the ad's description. Seems like the subsequent negotiation was fair. That being said, buyer should have walked after the request for more detail pics was ignored. You have to look out for things like this - it would have avoided what happened next.

#1155 5 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

So a hypothetical...
Say a pinsider puts a deposit down on a pin, and will pay the balance at the show before pickup. Machine is delivered there at some expense and effort. Pinsider then wants to open it to see it before he takes it (which is fine). Then on sunday, decides they will pass because stretch wrap to wrap it back up after they open it isn't being provided.
Now, said pinsider asks for a refund of the deposit.
Is this even cool?

NOT COOL!!! There's a cost for breakdown, wrapping, transporting, and muscle used. A good reason not to use Paypal in my opinion. Bank check sent Priority Mail.
Glad it worked out for you in the end.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

That Kings & Queens you brought was a great looking and playing machine also.

Thank you. I had some start up issues with it until about noon on Saturday when with the help of Pat Gallagher, the problem was finally completely resolved.

Dave

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wait... no Todd Tuckey video yet?? What's going on? I always love to relive the show thru the TNT production.

He mentioned to me it should be this weekend.

#1158 5 years ago

i stayed at the wingate nice and quiet !!

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Thank you. I had some start up issues with it until about noon on Saturday when with the help of Pat Gallagher, the problem was finally completely resolved.
Dave

Pat is a great guy and fortunately for me he is local. He's been to my house a few times and can diagnose/repair issues very quickly. Great guy to BS about pins too.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Someone pulled this twice on Friday playing the JJP potc and the line was an hour long.

#1161 5 years ago

I just wanted to give a shout out to Paul Drabik. He was selling several games in his booth at the front of the hall. Paul is a class act and anyone thinking of doing business with him should have no worries. I had a deal worked out with him and picked the game up at the show. Paul sent me detailed pictures of the game and even sent a video of it in action. I didn’t even have to crack the shrink wrap because I knew what I was getting. Thanks Paul!

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I didn't see that they handed out ribbons, but I thought your Expressway was best of show. Nice work as always my friend!
Dave

Thanks Dave - you’re the best!!!

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

I just wanted to give a shout out to Paul Drabik. He was selling several games in his booth at the front of the hall. Paul is a class act and anyone thinking of doing business with him should have no worries. I had a deal worked out with him and picked the game up at the show. Paul sent me detailed pictures of the game and even sent a video of it in action. I didn’t even have to crack the shrink wrap because I knew what I was getting. Thanks Paul!

I see what you did there

#1164 5 years ago

Dono,

I really enjoyed playing your expressway. Thanks for bringing it. I should of made you an offer and brought it home. Congrats to the new owner.

Joe

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

That Kings & Queens you brought was a great looking and playing machine also.

Agreed, beautiful game and played spot on to boot.. as always Dave’s attention to detail shows in the quality of his games he brings to the shows... always a pleasure.

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Pat is a great guy and fortunately for me he is local. He's been to my house a few times and can diagnose/repair issues very quickly. Great guy to BS about pins too.

Agreed, Pat is a great low-key guy who knows his stuff... has helped out with quirky issues that have baffled me in the past. Pat is da man!

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

sorry. i made the decision for you on the Orbitor 1. It certainly is a conversation starter and am glad i got it. It now lives in Coopersbug Pa.

Don't be sorry at all! Enjoy the hell out of it. I was surprised that my gf, who could care less about pinball overall, really liked the game.

#1168 5 years ago

i love seeing that IJ there; 2nd year. the LED scheme is spot on.

#1169 5 years ago

Shout out to McPin54 for hauling a Megatouch to the show for me. Really nice guy and a great seller.

We drug it up to the hotel room and ended up playing it for a few hours.

54718063457__90E0378D-E751-4E39-B207-6366C0629011 (resized).JPG54718063457__90E0378D-E751-4E39-B207-6366C0629011 (resized).JPG

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

As a newbie to the hobby, this was my first Pinfest. My wife could not get off work, so it was some dad and daughter bonding time. Had a great time seeing ton's of games and met some great people. I can't remotely afford a new game and we like the pace of the older ones anyway. Went in to last week with 0 pinball machines and now have 2 of them. Thanks to Rich who sold me his Lost World and to Kevin for selling me his Black Knight as well as helping me examine the Lost World before I pulled the trigger. It was well worth a 3 hour, one way, drive and a day off of work.

If that was the lost world that sold on Saturday in the Vendor area right behind the Freeplay area, (which I suspect it is) You got a Great deal. That was an awesome machine for that price.... I looked at it early in the morning & was surprised at how low price was for the condition. Walked by it a few hours later & said Sold.... I was not surprised. Nice pickup for one of your first games!

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

sorry. i made the decision for you on the Orbitor 1. It certainly is a conversation starter and am glad i got it. It now lives in Coopersbug Pa.

you also got it for 1 hell of a price!!!

They normally have chewed up outholes and beat to crap plastics. That one was nice and the last I saw was an asking of 1800 (assuming you haggled from there?)

Nice job and super fun game IMHO. In a collection like your, I bet you find lots of casuals love it when they come over! Players tend to dig it also once they learn how to play it.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone pulled this twice on Friday playing the JJP potc and the line was an hour long.

You guys are too nice! I would have just said You're Done! If things escalate from there so be it. I do not suffer assholes lightly. (as those of you who know me know)

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

Can I come play it?! I am in Quakertown

I didn't see it at the show. Congratulations on the pickup!

If anyone cares, the Capcom Airborne got 326 plays on Saturday.

Chris

#1174 5 years ago

Had a blast this year! Thank you to Ivan, Dave and crew. Thanks Pingraffix for your hospitality. Big shout out to Brian Bushey helping Bruce up in Canada load up the Rollergames he bought from me and a Teed off. He ran into us and it was quite apparent that I was spent so he jumped right in after moving and setting up countless pins! Wish I hadn't played so much, I didn't get a chance to talk with Colson, Butch, Lermods, and others. Great meeting you Bluespin! I'm sorry I headed back to my hotel after the bust instead of following the party to your room. I would have loved to have your BSD kick my ass. Thanks for your help Taylor and Freddy next year we'll do pretzel wraps. I can't wait till Pintastic!

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I had 2 or 3 people playing multiple games by themselves. The worst one was the guy playing all 4 players on the Star Wars in front of Cointaker. I was waiting behind him and watching the GOTG game going on next to him when I thought to myself this guy must be really good. I peek over his shoulder and realize I'm waiting for a 4 player game! I shot him a puzzled look and he said he just stumbled upon the 4 players already punched in. He instantly drained and left.

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Yeah I had 2 or 3 people playing multiple games by themselves. The worst one was the guy playing all 4 players on the Star Wars in front of Cointaker. I was waiting behind him and watching the GOTG game going on next to him when I thought to myself this guy must be really good. I peek over his shoulder and realize I'm waiting for a 4 player game! I shot him a puzzled look and he said he just stumbled upon the 4 players already punched in. He instantly drained and left.

One thing to point out is: I seen several families there with younger kids. And kids will be kids. The younger kids would punch in a 4 player on every game they walked up to. And every time the parents seen us waiting they pulled the kids after 3 balls. We drained the rest or just shut the game off and on. Sometime it happens. Had another guy in front of us that was killing it on IMDN. He looked back at us and said he took long enough and drained his extra ball. Yeah there were some rude people but most people were great.

#1177 5 years ago

I've never waited on line to play a game at Allentown in my life. There's usually dozens of unoccupied games at any given time.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've never waited on line to play a game at Allentown in my life. There's usually dozens of unoccupied games at any given time.

Nah, that's just because it's you stepping up to the game. People move out of the way like the seas are parting.

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One thing to point out is: I seen several families there with younger kids. And kids will be kids. The younger kids would punch in a 4 player on every game they walked up to. And every time the parents seen us waiting they pulled the kids after 3 balls. We drained the rest or just shut the game off and on. Sometime it happens. Had another guy in front of us that was killing it on IMDN. He looked back at us and said he took long enough and drained his extra ball. Yeah there were some rude people but most people were great.

Yeah I’ll give the kids a pass. I have kids and get it but for adults to play multiple games on a machine with 30 people in line is absolute bullshit. You got your turn, if you want to play again that’s cool but get back in line.

Common courtesy

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I’ll give the kids a pass. I have kids and get it but for adults to play multiple games on a machine with 30 people in line is absolute bullshit. You got your turn, if you want to play again that’s cool but get back in line.
Common courtesy

Quoted from arcademojo:

Letting your extra ball drain because you were having a great game is VERY cool! Unnecessary IMO but wow. The only time I play Maiden I had a guy in front of me playing a 2 player by himself, but I have to give him a pass since there was nobody behind him in line until I rolled up

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

If that was the lost world that sold on Saturday in the Vendor area right behind the Freeplay area, (which I suspect it is) You got a Great deal. That was an awesome machine for that price.... I looked at it early in the morning & was surprised at how low price was for the condition. Walked by it a few hours later & said Sold.... I was not surprised. Nice pickup for one of your first games!

After seeing what the two Escape From the Lost World machines went for at Allentown, I should probably take mine to York this fall...crazy!

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

It's etiquette to look behind you to see if anyone's waiting before you start another game. Had that crap happen to me many times.

#1183 5 years ago

Only bullshit I saw on Friday was the GTB star gate machine with the smashed play field glass. The owner looked very upset and should have been! He was picking the glass out by hand and then I saw another attendee a few minutes later with a mini shop vac helping him clean it out. In the whole time we were there on Friday we didn’t run into a single person punching up multiplayer games and We were offered free beers by both attendees and vendors on several occasions. It was a great time as usual !

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

After seeing what the two Escape From the Lost World machines went for at Allentown, I should probably take mine to York this fall...crazy!

What did they sell for?

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

So a hypothetical...
Say a pinsider puts a deposit down on a pin, and will pay the balance at the show before pickup. Machine is delivered there at some expense and effort. Pinsider then wants to open it to see it before he takes it (which is fine). Then on sunday, decides they will pass because stretch wrap to wrap it back up after they open it isn't being provided.
Now, said pinsider asks for a refund of the deposit.
Is this even cool?

Ok, so now for the REAL story of what happened with this deal. Prior to the show I responded to mcandrew's post about his Atlantis, see post #821 of this thread. According to the post the game is "Restored" and is missing the submarine. I contacted him and told him that "if the machine is in the condition you claim it to be, then I will take it". I was the one who actually offered up the $100 paypal deposit. He accepted and we spoke briefly over the phone where he confirmed the machine's condition and talked logistics. I told him I would be at the show on Friday and Saturday as one of the vendors and that I would pick it up from his friend.

Fast forward to Friday morning. My wife and I were one of the vendors selling off some machines and various pinball parts etc (she was the cute tiny one that is always smiling). We arrived at around 9am to start setting up our booth. It was crazy from the get go, as any other vendor there that day could agree. It wasn't until later on that afternoon that I managed to sneak away to go try and find the machine to check it out. I wasn't able to find it, and mcandrew mentioned that it had moved spots. I got called back to my booth and was really just tied up until the end of the day when they kicked us out at 9pm.

The next morning was a lot slower so I finally managed to find this machine over at one of the flea market vendors. It was wrapped up and standing on it's back. There wasn't anyone around the area, so I took a few minutes to look the machine over. There was visible water damage on the bottom of the machine.. red flag #1. The legs that were next to the machine were in terrible shape and rusted over, red flag #2. Once I finally managed to find the young man who was currently in care of the machine I asked if we could set it up so that I could test it out. He was pretty reluctant to do so... red flag #3. Finally he wheeled it over to another booth to see about setting it up. I asked him if he had some wrap so that we could fold down the backbox after I got done testing it and he said he didn't. So before I went any further I wanted to go see if I could secure some. I told him I would be back.

I got called back to my booth to tend to some more customers and such as it was starting to get busy again. While I brought some stretch film with me, I was running really low and I had a couple machines sold that I wanted to make sure I had enough to get them properly wrapped up for the buyers. Once they were taken care of I realized I had enough so I went back a couple times to find the machine back in the corner by itself and the young man was no where to be found. I would have also liked to bring it back to my own booth to set it up and test it out, especially now that I finally had some space cleared up to make room for it. So I went back to my booth and got busy again and at this point decided to contact mcandrew to let him now that I would be passing on the machine because I wasn't able to thoroughly test it out (this was 10am on Saturday BTW, not on Sunday as he posted). I suggested to him that he have his friend set it up so that people could play it and that it would surely sell for more than what he was originally asking.

Later on when things slowed down again I kept going back to check on the machine to see if it was ever set up. Of course it wasn't, just sitting in the corner next to some other junk. Had it been, then I would have tested it and still completed the purchase had everything checked out. I sent additional messages to mcandrew telling him the machine was still not set up and suggested he have is friend do so. Later on Saturday afternoon I checked in with him once again to ask if it had sold yet and he told me it had. I congratulated him on the sale and was glad to hear that he wouldn't run into a situation where he would have to get it shipped back to him. Had that been the case I was thinking of making another offer to buy the machine for a lower price for an "as is" transaction.

Long story short, the original deal was for a machine that was in a particular condition. I have never done business with this mcandrew fellow before so it would be delusional to think anybody would spend money on a machine from a stranger without testing it out first. For all I knew the machine didn't work and the boards were all missing or fried. The unfortunate thing is I really did want the machine, this wasn't a case where I just changed my mind or refused to buy it just because it couldn't be put back together. I have been in this hobby for 15 years and there are plenty of people who can attest to that fact that I am not that kind of guy. I would however apologize for not being able to get to the machine sooner on Friday, but like I said Friday was super nuts. My wife and I didn't even get to take a break to get a meal until around 6pm.

My suggestion though would be that before you go posting stuff all around a public forum about somebody, get your facts straight. To everyone who replied to this guy's post, interesting that none of you asked to hear the other side of the story. Since half of you are from the same area as him, its pretty obvious you are all friends. So I suppose that would be the reason you so quickly jumped on the bandwagon to label me as if I was some kind of world class scammer and major douchebag. Better yet, mcandrew, next time why don't you just handle things in private like a professional. It is something a classy person would do, rather than publicly bash another person over something as trivial as this event was. Sheesh... you would have thought I went to his house and stole 3 of his machines and kicked his dog on the way out.

ps... flynnibus.. I hope you enjoy that 3rd magnet mod I sold you. You seemed happy with the transaction and our interaction so I guess I am not that huge of a monster you have all made me out to be after all.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Only bullshit I saw on Friday was the GTB star gate machine with the smashed play field glass. The owner looked very upset and should have been! He was picking the glass out by hand and then I saw another attendee a few minutes later with a mini shop vac helping him clean it out.

Ouch! Any idea what happened? Bad luck or some kind of abuse? Never seen one break in a machine

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Yes, that was the one! The price was great and it had the best playfield of the 3 or 4 at the show. Rich even disassembled the machine and helped load it in my car. Great price and great person.

Everyone I met was nice, helpful and friendly. Had a great time and can’t wait to do it again next year.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

What did they sell for?

Listed at $1200 and $1800, IIRC.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ouch! Any idea what happened? Bad luck or some kind of abuse? Never seen one break in a machine

It must have happened right before we walked up to it so I’m not sure but from the look on the owners face whoever broke it just walked away. If it was abuse I hope someone got a pic to publicly shame the culprit!

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This was my machine. The lockdown bar got jammed and we could not get it open. My buddy tried but the shifting popped the glass. Just a royal pain the ass to clean. No abuse other than our own. Makes for a great story though. I will be selling it soon after its shopped and de-glassed.

#1191 5 years ago

Anyways, on a more positive note, I would like to thank Butch2099 for your business. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and to be in the booth next door to you. I hope you enjoy your new Scared Stiff! Really great guy in case you didn't already know. I also want to thank Wanna Pinball for the beautiful POTC I got from you. Thanks to all who stopped by our booth and chatted with us, I hope you got a good deal if you bought something from me. I will likely be back next year but with the older stuff next time... 20's & 30's Rock-Olas.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you to everyone that tried out the Multi-Bingo at Allentown! It was great to meet bingo lovers new and old, and I was very pleased with the response to my work. Allentown is a tough show for me to attend, but will try to be there again next year!

I was happy my local friend was able to stop by and say hello and see your great machine. He said that while talking to you like 5 different people inquired to purchase it.

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Fast forward to Friday morning. My wife and I were one of the vendors selling off some machines and various pinball parts etc (she was the cute tiny one that is always smiling). We arrived at around 9am to start setting up our booth. It was crazy from the get go, as any other vendor there that day could agree.

Hey! I remember that booth. She was very nice. She tried to sell me a house! I bought a couple of your parts cases. I'm glad you brought those.

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

ps... flynnibus.. I hope you enjoy that 3rd magnet mod I sold you. You seemed happy with the transaction and our interaction so I guess I am not that huge of a monster you have all made me out to be after all.

Hi Robert, it was great to meet you and talk to you and your wife. The pile certainly shrunk by the end of the day so I hope you were able to move as much as you could

Re: the transaction above, clearly the poster only shared some elements (and got some of those wrong too). I was only responding to the questions he posed (pickup on sunday, rejecting due to packing needs, and wanting a deposit back). Your story touches on the other points I mentioned too (inspecting, as previously described, etc). Glad you got to tell your side.. I would have pushed back too. But this is why I don't buy games remote myself either

#1196 5 years ago

I had a deal with Pinjunky to buy a Funhouse translite for $100. Sent a $20 deposit to hold it. Met him at the show, translite looked to be in original packing, handed him $100. He handed me back $20 reminding me I left a deposit. I probably would have never remembered. Funny thing is, almost the exact thing happened minutes earlier, someone paid me too much for a part and I handed back $10. Maybe there is pinball karma! Good honest seller, would deal with again.

#1197 5 years ago

To who ever bought this slot, you got a screaming deal! I absolutely hate slots, and swore to myself unless it's from the 30's/40's, I won't buy it.(I have had a few hundred slots come through my hands, I don't even want to look at the things anymore)...But with all the insane prices I saw on things at the show, that was an awesome price. I actually contemplated it a few times, as my father enjoyed the exact same machine at Mohegan Sun. When you see people asking $600 for a $25 S+, that thing was a steal. Props to the seller!

20180504_125621.jpg20180504_125621.jpg

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Ok, so now for the REAL story of what happened with this deal. Prior to the show I responded to mcandrew's post about his Atlantis, see post #821 of this thread. According to the post the game is "Restored" and is missing the submarine. I contacted him and told him that "if the machine is in the condition you claim it to be, then I will take it". I was the one who actually offered up the $100 paypal deposit. He accepted and we spoke briefly over the phone where he confirmed the machine's condition and talked logistics. I told him I would be at the show on Friday and Saturday as one of the vendors and that I would pick it up from his friend.
Fast forward to Friday morning. My wife and I were one of the vendors selling off some machines and various pinball parts etc (she was the cute tiny one that is always smiling). We arrived at around 9am to start setting up our booth. It was crazy from the get go, as any other vendor there that day could agree. It wasn't until later on that afternoon that I managed to sneak away to go try and find the machine to check it out. I wasn't able to find it, and mcandrew mentioned that it had moved spots. I got called back to my booth and was really just tied up until the end of the day when they kicked us out at 9pm.
The next morning was a lot slower so I finally managed to find this machine over at one of the flea market vendors. It was wrapped up and standing on it's back. There wasn't anyone around the area, so I took a few minutes to look the machine over. There was visible water damage on the bottom of the machine.. red flag #1. The legs that were next to the machine were in terrible shape and rusted over, red flag #2. Once I finally managed to find the young man who was currently in care of the machine I asked if we could set it up so that I could test it out. He was pretty reluctant to do so... red flag #3. Finally he wheeled it over to another booth to see about setting it up. I asked him if he had some wrap so that we could fold down the backbox after I got done testing it and he said he didn't. So before I went any further I wanted to go see if I could secure some. I told him I would be back.
I got called back to my booth to tend to some more customers and such as it was starting to get busy again. While I brought some stretch film with me, I was running really low and I had a couple machines sold that I wanted to make sure I had enough to get them properly wrapped up for the buyers. Once they were taken care of I realized I had enough so I went back a couple times to find the machine back in the corner by itself and the young man was no where to be found. I would have also liked to bring it back to my own booth to set it up and test it out, especially now that I finally had some space cleared up to make room for it. So I went back to my booth and got busy again and at this point decided to contact mcandrew to let him now that I would be passing on the machine because I wasn't able to thoroughly test it out (this was 10am on Saturday BTW, not on Sunday as he posted). I suggested to him that he have his friend set it up so that people could play it and that it would surely sell for more than what he was originally asking.
Later on when things slowed down again I kept going back to check on the machine to see if it was ever set up. Of course it wasn't, just sitting in the corner next to some other junk. Had it been, then I would have tested it and still completed the purchase had everything checked out. I sent additional messages to mcandrew telling him the machine was still not set up and suggested he have is friend do so. Later on Saturday afternoon I checked in with him once again to ask if it had sold yet and he told me it had. I congratulated him on the sale and was glad to hear that he wouldn't run into a situation where he would have to get it shipped back to him. Had that been the case I was thinking of making another offer to buy the machine for a lower price for an "as is" transaction.
Long story short, the original deal was for a machine that was in a particular condition. I have never done business with this mcandrew fellow before so it would be delusional to think anybody would spend money on a machine from a stranger without testing it out first. For all I knew the machine didn't work and the boards were all missing or fried. The unfortunate thing is I really did want the machine, this wasn't a case where I just changed my mind or refused to buy it just because it couldn't be put back together. I have been in this hobby for 15 years and there are plenty of people who can attest to that fact that I am not that kind of guy. I would however apologize for not being able to get to the machine sooner on Friday, but like I said Friday was super nuts. My wife and I didn't even get to take a break to get a meal until around 6pm.
My suggestion though would be that before you go posting stuff all around a public forum about somebody, get your facts straight. To everyone who replied to this guy's post, interesting that none of you asked to hear the other side of the story. Since half of you are from the same area as him, its pretty obvious you are all friends. So I suppose that would be the reason you so quickly jumped on the bandwagon to label me as if I was some kind of world class scammer and major douchebag. Better yet, mcandrew, next time why don't you just handle things in private like a professional. It is something a classy person would do, rather than publicly bash another person over something as trivial as this event was. Sheesh... you would have thought I went to his house and stole 3 of his machines and kicked his dog on the way out.

Not even close dude. I bet you wanted it to remain private. Do the texts you sent me look professional? Did you handle this professionally? I think everyone is entitled to know when people get jerked around. Your reponse was to open a paypal case, and say "let paypal decide".

I was going to offer back some of the deposit, until you opened a paypal case.

1. There was no water damage on the bottom of the cab. Im sure several pinsiders can confirm this, as they had moved it for me.
2. You never opened it to even look at it.
3. You never made mention to me that you were unhappy about the condition of the machine.. I included your texts to me below.
4. The legs did need to be re painted black.
5. The game was sold. It wasnt up to him to open it up and demonstrate it for you.
6. He offered to sell you a strap when you said you didnt have any shrink to re-wrap it.
7. It sold for less then you purchased it for, and I am paying Mason for his trouble. Whether he set it up to sell it again or not isnt relevant.

Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-03-01 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-05-07-12-03-01 (resized).png

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

We drained the rest or just shut the game off and on.

just hold in start for a few seconds and it will result to player 1, ball 1, single player game.

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Not even close dude.

This shit is boring and none of us care. You've both presented your sides, and it's pointless to try to assign "blame" at this point. Please move on. In the grand scheme of things this is extremely small potatoes.

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown/page/24?hl=wondermellon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.