Topic Stats

• 1,480 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 253 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15n5fgk (resized).jpg
D5606F3D-AA5E-4668-949C-06452EC55878 (resized).jpeg
20180505_100847.jpg
E19D106E-2EE4-4742-A5A7-4CB157710C3E (resized).jpeg
20180513_102558 (resized).jpg
20180513_102614 (resized).jpg
20180513_102608 (resized).jpg
20180513_102537 (resized).jpg
8E57F497-68B1-4BE0-99D8-7FD7CF5983EC (resized).jpeg
000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 30.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Also, he flaked on Sat am, not Sunday, so I did have most of a day to sell it. And it did finally sell, for a little less.

So based on everything we've heard he's still a dick. Pinsider? Out him. Better that the next person doesn't get burned by him.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Finally the Ramada. Sorry it didn’t work out folks. We kept having a few people who insisted on drinking beer not purchased from the bar and that ultimately led to the bar manager shutting the event down.

First, djreddog thanks for taking the initiative to try to pull this off. It takes people actually standing up and DOING stuff that so many others take for granted.

I'll tell you what I saw from another angle..

Party was advertised as a drinking/play event with 'no curfew'. Anyone who has ever been to this town knows the PA beer laws are funky and you can't just expect to show up empty handed if you are going to be drinking late night. We stopped on our way to the hotel and got beer at the distributor. I never recall anyone saying the party wasn't BYOB... and you even made posts yourself like

Quoted from djreddog:

We will have more alcohol at the Ramada. skyemont got us covered like Saran Wrap.

Pretty sure skyemont doesn't moonlight as the bartender at the hotel

I assumed it was BYOB.

When we arrived, games were being setup and we saw familiar faces and came in through the hallway door from the lobby and stairwell. I did not even knew the room was close to the bar, let alone 'part of the bar' (as later contested..). People were drinking, I put our beer down along the wall and started playing Stars with taylorva and others. I noticed the side door later and was curious what was over there, and noticed people closing the door, then having it reopened, closed, whatever. I thought it was amusing.. and had no idea who anyone was. Nobody I saw was in any form of uniform I could see or any name tags/etc. I had no idea what was going on with that door/corner.

The first sign of the conflict we saw was when you made the announcement about COOLERS. You said people can't have their coolers and need to get their coolers out of there. I didn't bring a cooler.. I had no idea what the problem was with coolers.. but since I didn't bring one, I figured it was not relevant for me. But then the word was circulating through the crowd about the conflict about 'outside beers'. At that point, you were already quite engaged with the two ladies and clearly was quite heated. Then it became a bit more clear that the side door was not just some other room, but probably the bar... So at that point, we grabbed our beer from the corner and went back to our room to finish what we had already started drinking. No outside beer.. ok, so I'll just take it back to our room.

Afterwards, we came back down and got some yeuenlings from the bar and went back into the game room. We could see the two ladies that appeared to be from the bar staff broading near the corner and I guess still going back and forth with you. But we didn't know anything beyond the problem with them expecting us to use the bar. Then the rumor started circling that they had called the Cops... and it seemed they showed up pretty quick. At this point, it was just spectators watching these bar people go ape shit and arguing with you and the cops.

Then I saw who I guess was the waitress walk around and basically hunting for anything and everyone. I think I saw her even go out the back door?? Then I saw her come back with a partial 12pack of beer holding above her head like some trophy and took it back victorious to the debate with you and the cops.

I think that was my case of beer... but it had gotten lost/taken/forgotten when we left the first time. I don't even know where it was or who had it... I only saw her carrying it like a trophy and me remembering "Hey, I guess that's where it went!!" - Missing child found! Assuming since it was the same kind of beer and I didn't have it anymore. It was just along the wall by Stars when we put it down when we got there... but AFAIK that's not where she discovered her treasure. Where did she say she found it? And what was the story with the outside door?? Seemed like they thought people were sneaking in that way or something??

I will say it looked like you guys were putting up the good fight, and the Cops we spoke to were really cool about the whole situation. But it was pretty obvious there was a huge disconnect between you and those two ladies over what was supposed to be happening or not. At that point, it just seemed it wasn't going to last because the ladies were still going ape. Then you made your announcement that it was shutting down and your comments about the Ramada and everyone not staying there again because of their actions.

Kudos to putting up the good fight against the staff that clearly didn't want to have this 'party' happening. And to working the situation with the Cops in a way that kept everything on level and things didn't get escalated (beyond the two ladies going nuts). But I do think you had some serious communications issues (unintentional) that kind of doomed this.

- No one told us to not bring beer - in fact it was advertised quite differently
- No one told us we couldn't have our beer when we got there, or even after that... until the point the lady started walking around trying to grab beers out of peoples hands!
- Even after the first 'no outside beer' news went around... there was no way for people who were coming and going AFTER that point to know that. People were able to just come and go freely. Room was a heck of lot more crowded the second time we came in.. so I doubt all those people were there for the first news.

I guess the whole fight was over if that room was considered part of the bar or not... and I can understand them pushing back about outside beer brought into a bar (duh.. obvious). But if those were the rules... that was hopeless to enforce without controlled in/out.

What did they tell you regarding all this before that night? It seemed like complete news to you at the time that it was even a potential issue...

#1103 1 year ago

Ok you just took ^^^^^^ the title from too many pins as the longest post that I lost interest in

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Well stupid me accepted the paypal deposit as goods sold...so when I hesitated to return the deposit, he filed a claim.. His response is included. I was going to just give him half back, until he acted all douchey.
Also, he flaked on Sat am, not Sunday, so I did have most of a day to sell it. And it did finally sell, for a little less.

Also why you never take paypal except from trusted buyers with a personal history at stake between you and common people. Every time you try to do something nice, another person will abuse it. Paypal is going to favor him most likely. You should support yourself at least by making them sign a bill of receipt, etc.. but generally you will likely still be screwed and why "cash is king!".

If someone isn't willing to buy a game with the information available at the time - they don't get to buy it. If you want that 'great deal', "first in line.." access, you have to be willing to accept the risks of of buying "remote" - you don't get to opt out later. If they can't handle that, then you limit yourself to the later access tier who has to wait till you can see the game, pay, etc.

Same thing as someone who says "I'll take it!! but I can't pay you till next month" - Then contact me when you are ready to pay Otherwise, you are just an interested party - game isn't sold or off the market.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ok you just took ^^^^^^ the title from too many pins as the longest post that I lost interest in

Sorry, not everything can be broken down into pinsider one-liners . Half-info is great to fuel the pinside post counters, but not the backbone that makes real events and scenes happen.

#1106 1 year ago

So if we’re going to go ahead and talk about people that should probably not be dealt with in the future, I have one for you. I posted a medusa for sale for a friend of mine in Ohio about a week ago. He was contacted by a pinsider who looked over the many photos that we posted and contacted him. Apparently he then asked for more for photos,and then committed to buy the game. My friend then remove the game from his house wrapped it up and we hauled it in in one of our vehicles. Rearranging everything and everyone so we could get this game to the guy. We showed up on Saturday and he delivered the game seven hours away. We arrive there Friday midday and they met up. These guys hold the game to him and The guy asked for put on the ground so he could unwrap it and inspect it again. Which They did. He stood over at Himmed and hawed and said no I changed my mind. My buddy has made many deals with many people it is as honest as the day is long. The game was an exceptional shape. My friend became very frustrated and I’m surprised he didn’t just punch the guy but he’s better than that.Pinfest was full and we couldn’t even bring the game in to try to sell it. The guy then started to try to beat him down in price. And unfortunately my friend allowed him to devalue the game because he was stuck. I personally would’ve told him to take a flying. This wouldn’t be such a bad story but apparently the same pinsider did the same thing the same day to someone else on a playfield for that game. He committed to buy the playfield which was a CPR gold and then turned around and said well I don’t think I want it. And then proceeded to beat him down. I have no use for people like this so if you’re out there Pinjunky, know that you’ve been blackballed from anyone in the Ohio silver ball gang. We don’t deal with people like you.. all else be warned.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Pinfest was full and we couldn’t even bring the game in to try to sell it.

FWIW... bring it anyway. Spaces always opens up. We bought games we hadn't pre-registered and Ivan was talking about being full. For us, we bought another vendor space that was available to make room for more games, but you could always sell from the parking lot, or just wait for a game spot to open.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry, not everything can be broken down into pinsider one-liners . Half-info is great to fuel the pinside post counters, but not the backbone that makes real events and scenes happen.

Sorry I was teasing

#1109 1 year ago

Can we get some name son these dead beats please?!?

#1110 1 year ago

Final post for me about the Ramada just to clear up all the confusion. And yes it was very confusing.

When the room was reserved and I told the lady what we wanted to do, she never said to me that outside beverages were not allowed. When I arrived around 10pm the room already had about 25 people in it and 3-4 pins. I setup my pin and then helped setup WCS, and then checked into my room. When I got back into the party room around 1030 I had my first run in with the bartender. That is when she informed me that no outside beverages were allowed and that the coolers had to go. One of the coolers just had bottled water in it but she insisted I have it removed. When I made my announcement I did mention coolers had to go and all beverages had to be purchased at the bar.

Second run in with her was 15 minutes later, new guests arrived and had drinks in their hand and also put some down on a table. She again told me that if it didn’t stop she would call the cops. I pleaded with her that these were new guests that had just walked in and didn’t get the memo. She then told me she was going to throw away all beverages that didn’t belong and I told her to go for it.

Third run in with her was 10 minutes later. She said this was the second time she found the same person with an outside beverage after telling them they couldn’t have it the first time. She then called the cops without even telling me, not that it matter.

Cops arrive. They had no idea why they were called. They told me they couldn’t do anything. That we weren’t doing anything that was breaking the law. They then pulled the bartender into the conversation and she told them she was scared someone would call the PA liquor board on them and they would be fined and possibly lose their alcohol license. I pleaded with her and told her new people were steadily coming in and as soon as noticed they had outside beverages I was informing them they weren’t allowed to have it. I told her we weren’t they to take advantage of the bar as plenty of us had open tabs. The cops asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted the party to end. Unfortunately it ended.

TLDR - It was a huge misunderstanding and poor communication from the hotel side. I was unaware of the beverage rule. All of you were in turn unaware. We tried to contain and unfortunately we couldn’t contain enough to please the bartender. Cops were called, although they couldn’t legally do anything since we weren’t breaking any laws, but instead breaking a hotel policy. It sucked. Sorry to everyone for what happened. Thanks to everyone who brought games.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can we get some name son these dead beats please?!?

All i know is his his pin name is Pinjunky.

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Final post for me about the Ramada just to clear up all the confusion.

Ramada is Dead To Me!

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

This year’s show was great! Almost ran off with that Spooksville that was in the flea market, but the last thing I need right now is another project.

Who had the Spooksville? Didn't get a chance to see it. Do you know if it sold?

#1114 1 year ago

Yeah, I messed up with the paypal. Being Allentown, and seemingly an ok pinsider, my pinsidey senses were down. Oh well.

Really struggled with outing the guy. Probably a good guy, but make sure the whole deposit thing is clearly defined, and protected when selling to him.
Pinsider is Robgo777.

Anyway, I wasnt able to go, as my wife had her CRNA graduation this weekend, but next year, Im planning on coming and meeting all the fine folks, and probably laugh about all of this when I shake Robs hand.

Someone ended up with a nice Atlantis, so not all is bad!

#1115 1 year ago

Sorry about my Snow Derby, I brought it because it’s been rock solid the entire time I’ve had it but I guess the 8 hour drive wasn’t nice to it - problem after problem until a coil melted. Next year I think I’ll bring an SS as travel isn’t as cruel, but then again my Pro Football was fine last year.

Believe me, I didn’t want my game on the floor to be off half the show.

On the plus side, the show was great this year! Thanks to all who organized it!

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

My cooler was in front of my room#123 left it there 5 minutes to get to my car

This is Pa., you gotta lock your shit up!!

#1117 1 year ago

Allentown Pinfest rocks!!!! Met so many great people, including markinc and his The Nightmare before Christmas, and a whole group of some of the hardest partying pinheads I have ever met!!! The show itself was great, but even more so, the fact that it brings so many cool, like minded people together. I just wanted to give a special thanks to the guys that shared their New Iron Maiden and The Nightmare before Christmas, and everyone else we had the chance to hang out with and talk about everything from pinball to beer, and lots in between. You guys, (most of whom I can not remember your names), and Girls, just made this trip so great for both me, and my wife Sherie. Can not wait for next year.

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Wow post his name so I make sure to never deal with that person. Please, for all future sellers. I’m sorry you went through that.

yeah seriously - that's ridiculous. I would post the pinsider as well so we can avoid. You should of kept that deposit for all the crap you've been through.

#1119 1 year ago

This is completely incorrect. We were sitting at the bar Friday night and she knew about the pinball party. In fact she showed us the room where it was going to take place

Saturday when we got there at 8ish she asked us where the pinball machines were.

She 100% knew.

I watched her no less than 4 times... across about an hour... ask people to remove the alcohol and beer that was brought in.

Someone thought it was a good idea to walk up to the bar with a 12 pack under their arm.. and open canned beer (they only served bottles) and argue with the other server.

It was really embarrassing for the pinball group in general.

Quoted from RatShack:

This right here. The bartender had no idea that room was going to be used at all and was intending on closing at 11pm as usual - she was pissed when she found out management agreed to rent it.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Who had the Spooksville? Didn't get a chance to see it. Do you know if it sold?

Wish I could tell you. It was being sold by the same gentleman who was selling all those EM tank shooter games in the flea market area.

I was looking at it around 3pm on Saturday, and it was still very much unsold at that time. He was asking $600.

#1121 1 year ago

some memorable pics from a very fun show

32072888_1639709269399344_1054453538190524416_n (resized).jpg

32087160_10156484058457948_8698189405904437248_n (resized).jpg

31957065_10156484087307948_8152640993519206400_n (resized).jpg

31956914_10156484086722948_8232819163828060160_n (resized).jpg

31956584_10156484070642948_2411564921989890048_n (resized).jpg

31954560_10156484078137948_704412543925354496_n (resized).jpg

31947311_10156484071947948_6330812675118858240_n (resized).jpg

31947767_10156484087772948_2120916569444843520_n (resized).jpg

31944970_10156484058647948_7465745787243200512_n (resized).jpg

31530709_10156484078447948_5450027677140385792_n (resized).jpg

31956936_10156484079542948_7160956632833196032_n (resized).jpg

31957598_10156484086937948_1600000168164327424_n (resized).jpg

31944970_10156484058647948_7465745787243200512_n (resized).jpg

#1122 1 year ago

Post party break up session on Stars. That scene was a cluster fkc.

IMG_9195 (resized).JPG

#1123 1 year ago

i found two of the guys from Gottlieb's Rock !!! lol

31946328_1639709716065966_3043067277919387648_n (resized).jpg

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

My buddy has made many deals with many people it is as honest as the day is long. The game was an exceptional shape. My friend became very frustrated and I’m surprised he didn’t just punch the guy but he’s better than that.Pinfest was full and we couldn’t even bring the game in to try to sell it. The guy then started to try to beat him down in price. And unfortunately my friend allowed him to devalue the game because he was stuck. I personally would’ve told him to take a flying.

I was outside having a beer with a few guys from Canada who bought some games from me when someone approached us asking if we could give him some shrink wrap. We had some so we shared. He was bitching about the Medusa he just bought, that the sellers had removed the BG from the game in transporting it rather than just leaving it in place. Since there wasn't a single Medusa in free play or at any vendor I saw, I'm wondering if it was that buyer. I would of been appreciative if someone took the care to remove a BG to prevent damage.

#1125 1 year ago

On a good note. Had a total blast at the show. Truly enjoyed meeting everyone in the Outsidedge booth. I’m glad everyone got a chance to see the new Hardtops. So many more titles coming out from these guys. It’s an exciting time for the older games. Caught up with a few old friends and made a lot of new ones.

8AD94FAD-00FA-475B-801F-DB59742713AF (resized).jpeg

FD46157B-138B-431A-88D7-C93F412BEC58 (resized).jpeg

E6219FEF-F180-49CF-9953-E8DB8C4DAE9C (resized).jpeg

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I was outside having a beer with a few guys from Canada who bought some games from me when someone approached us asking if we could give him some shrink wrap. We had some so we shared. He was bitching about the Medusa he just bought, that the sellers had removed the BG from the game in transporting it rather than just leaving it in place. Since there wasn't a single Medusa in free play or at any vendor I saw, I'm wondering if it was that buyer. I would of been appreciative if someone took the care to remove a BG to prevent damage.

Yeah, it can go either way. You like taking them out to prevent the displays and brackets from rattling against it too much... especially if the old foam is beat up. But some people think handling the BG and moving it separate is asking for its own trouble and it's easier to keep it in. I guess it's a bit like religion.. pick your poison

Every buyer who wants 'hobby' pricing should always have their own tools, shipping, and packing materials. Otherwise, pay the pros

Kind of funny how many buyers wanted people to deliver the game for them from the show! Come prepared ppl

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Thanks for the kind words folks... always loved Expressway’s look and feel, and game play is underrated IMO... this game was a pleasure to restore, and it’s got a great new home to be shared by others.

I didn't see that they handed out ribbons, but I thought your Expressway was best of show. Nice work as always my friend!

Dave

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Every buyer who wants 'hobby' pricing should always have their own tools, shipping, and packing materials. Otherwise, pay the pros

Agreed. I've never gone to a show or auction without an cordless impact for leg bolts, wrenches for head bolts, a dolly, zip lock bags for hardware, screw gun for ground braid, lots of padding materials and shrink wrap. Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared".

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Someone thought it was a good idea to walk up to the bar with a 12 pack under their arm.. and open canned beer (they old served bottles) and argue with the other server.
It was really embarrassing for the pinball group in general.

There's a lot of amateur hour party people in the pinball scene - I'm guessing folks who don't get out much and these shows are their big chance to drunkenly blow off steam and really go overboard with the nonsense. I see it at every event.

It's pretty easy to party without pissing people off and getting the cops called but what are ya gonna do. I managed to get drunk both Thursday and Friday night without Johnny Law showing up.

Glad I stayed at the Comfort Suites - that place has never let me down.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, it can go either way. You like taking them out to prevent the displays and brackets from rattling against it too much... especially if the old foam is beat up. But some people think handling the BG and moving it separate is asking for its own trouble and it's easier to keep it in. I guess it's a bit like religion.. pick your poison
Kind of funny how many buyers wanted people to deliver the game for them from the show! Come prepared ppl

The best place for a backglass is installed in the head - I can't imagine removing a backglass for transport, seems like a terrible idea. But yeah I see it more than you'd expect.

#1130 1 year ago

Thank you to everyone that tried out the Multi-Bingo at Allentown! It was great to meet bingo lovers new and old, and I was very pleased with the response to my work. Allentown is a tough show for me to attend, but will try to be there again next year!

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you to everyone that tried out the Multi-Bingo at Allentown! It was great to meet bingo lovers new and old, and I was very pleased with the response to my work. Allentown is a tough show for me to attend, but will try to be there again next year!

Dude, that thing was a work of art! One of the most amazing games there. Stunning work.

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's pretty easy to party without pissing people off and getting the cops called but what are ya gonna do. I managed to get drunk both Thursday and Friday night without Johnny Law showing up.

That situation was purely on the hotel staff - the scene in the room was tamer than any hotel room environment I've seen over the years. The hotel people were just over the top. It was quite the spectacle.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Glad I stayed at the Comfort Suites - that place has never let me down.

The tween basketball teams that were running wild all over the property on saturday night was not pleasant.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The best place for a backglass is installed in the head - I can't imagine removing a backglass for transport, seems like a terrible idea. But yeah I see it more than you'd expect.

That's a train of thought that suggests handling or securing it are the problems. Do that right, and it's better than having it fall out of a head due to bad/missing locks... or wear from vibration.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So if we’re going to go ahead and talk about people that should probably not be dealt with in the future, I have one for you. I posted a medusa for sale for a friend of mine in Ohio about a week ago. He was contacted by a pinsider who looked over the many photos that we posted and contacted him. Apparently he then asked for more for photos,and then committed to buy the game. My friend then remove the game from his house wrapped it up and we hauled it in in one of our vehicles. Rearranging everything and everyone so we could get this game to the guy. We showed up on Saturday and he delivered the game seven hours away. We arrive there Friday midday and they met up. These guys hold the game to him and The guy asked for put on the ground so he could unwrap it and inspect it again. Which They did. He stood over at Himmed and hawed and said no I changed my mind. My buddy has made many deals with many people it is as honest as the day is long. The game was an exceptional shape. My friend became very frustrated and I’m surprised he didn’t just punch the guy but he’s better than that.Pinfest was full and we couldn’t even bring the game in to try to sell it. The guy then started to try to beat him down in price. And unfortunately my friend allowed him to devalue the game because he was stuck. I personally would’ve told him to take a flying. This wouldn’t be such a bad story but apparently the same pinsider did the same thing the same day to someone else on a playfield for that game. He committed to buy the playfield which was a CPR gold and then turned around and said well I don’t think I want it. And then proceeded to beat him down. I have no use for people like this so if you’re out there Pinjunky, know that you’ve been blackballed from anyone in the Ohio silver ball gang. We don’t deal with people like you.. all else be warned.

Wow I walked away from this transaction thinking I got screwed. This all started when I reached out to Skypilots friend about the game he listed in the market place. Medusa is a game I own and enjoy. My game was nice but had some playfield wear and I was contemplating doing a playfield swap. When I saw Skypilots listing (see below) I thought this would be a good opportunity to sell mine and get a nicer game. Full disclosure I sold mine for $2000 and had agreed to buy this one for $2800. I explained this to the seller over the phone and he knew I was really concerened about the condition of the playfield.

When I met the seller outside he was real eager to load the game and go. I asked if I could open it to inspect and he reluctantly did so. Upon inspection I noticed that the playfield and cab had notable wear. The pictures he sent were grainy and did not show the flaking paint all over the playfield and cab. There also was prominent wear up the center of the playfield.

I had spoken to the seller on the phone and asked for more detailed pictures but never received them. After inspecting the game I explained to the seller that I was taken back by the shape of the playfield because it did not meet the description on the phone where he said the playfield had no wear. I did first say I did not want it, but then I came to my senses and tried to work it out. I asked the seller if he would reduce the price of the game to $2500. This would give me some money to put towards a playfield swap. He told me he had to get $2600 because that is what he had into it. We agreed on $2600. What would you have done?

In the end I received a game that I still will end up swapping the playfield out. I also did buy a Medusa playfield at the show for another $800. That’s my side of the story. I wish it would have worked out better for both parties.

Market Place Ad:

‘Listing this pinball for a friend who is not on the Pinside. A very nice medusa. According to Greg there is no wear on the playfield,cabinet in very good shape,back glass in excellent shape. Game has a playfield protector from Germany installed on it. Can be picked up in Caledonia Ohio or can be brought to Allentown with a pre-deal. Text Greg at [phone number removed] if you were interested.”

IMG_20180506_224721 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180506_224542 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180506_225008 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180506_225003 (resized).jpg

#1134 1 year ago

As a newbie to the hobby, this was my first Pinfest. My wife could not get off work, so it was some dad and daughter bonding time. Had a great time seeing ton's of games and met some great people. I can't remotely afford a new game and we like the pace of the older ones anyway. Went in to last week with 0 pinball machines and now have 2 of them. Thanks to Rich who sold me his Lost World and to Kevin for selling me his Black Knight as well as helping me examine the Lost World before I pulled the trigger. It was well worth a 3 hour, one way, drive and a day off of work.

First Pins (resized).JPG

#1135 1 year ago

A deposit where the buyer has 100% means to get his money returned is no deposit at all - simple.

#1136 1 year ago

I didn't take too many photos this year.

A nice line-up of zaccaria games:

20180504085912097 (resized).jpg20180504085920639 (resized).jpg

A nice Lost World:

20180504085848871 (resized).jpg20180504085853830 (resized).jpg

A nice IJ:

20180505173428136 (resized).jpg

A sharp shooter II with an intact playfield:

20180505173852034 (resized).jpg

A Getaway with some nice mods--the pinsound package sounded great, an interesting new speaker panel, and there was a strip of interactive LEDs in the super charger. I really enjoyed this example, and I'm not usually to crazy about Getaways.
20180505173411739 (resized).jpg

There certainly were a lot of nice games at the show. The time sure went by quick.

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Wow I walked away from this transaction thinking I got screwed. This all started when I reached out to Skypilots friend about the game he listed in the market place. Medusa is a game I own and enjoy. My game was nice but had some playfield wear and I was contemplating doing a playfield swap. When I saw Skypilots listing (see below) I thought this would be a good opportunity to sell mine and get a nicer game. Full disclosure I sold mine for $2000 and had agreed to buy this one for $2800. I explained this to the seller over the phone and he knew I was really concerened about the condition of the playfield.
When I met the seller outside he was real eager to load the game and go. I asked if I could open it to inspect and he reluctantly did so. Upon inspection I noticed that the playfield and cab had notable wear. The pictures he sent were grainy and did not show the flaking paint all over the playfield and cab. There also was prominent wear up the center of the playfield.
I had spoken to the seller on the phone and asked for more detailed pictures but never received them. After inspecting the game I explained to the seller that I was taken back by the shape of the playfield because it did not meet the description on the phone where he said the playfield had no wear. I did first say I did not want it, but then I came to my senses and tried to work it out. I asked the seller if he would reduce the price of the game to $2500. This would give me some money to put towards a playfield swap. He told me he had to get $2600 because that is what he had into it. We agreed on $2600. What would you have done?
In the end I received a game that I still will end up swapping the playfield out. I also did buy a Medusa playfield at the show for another $800. That’s my side of the story. I wish it would have worked out better for both parties.
Market Place Ad:
‘Listing this pinball for a friend who is not on the Pinside. A very nice medusa. According to Greg there is no wear on the playfield,cabinet in very good shape,back glass in excellent shape. Game has a playfield protector from Germany installed on it. Can be picked up in Caledonia Ohio or can be brought to Allentown with a pre-deal. Text Greg at [phone number removed] if you were interested.”

No wear means No wear
Looked at pics looks like wear to me

#1138 1 year ago

Loved the nightmare before Christmas pin. Really cool shots.

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

At least my post actually had something to do with the Allentown Pinball Show and not an after party. I know I like to talk and sometimes have an issue with "keeping it short" but I figure if someone doesn't want to read everything they can just pass by my post. What I hate is to have to filter through dozens of post on an unrelated topic.

What does an after party have to do with Pinfest 2018 anyway. If you want to talk about an after party (or have one) that is great. But why not just start a post about that?

Same way with a couple hundred post about motel rooms. Thankfully someone started a "buy-sell-trade" post for the Allentown Show so I didn't have to waste time looking at dozens of hotel & motel post just to see what parts might be interesting to me that were headed to the show.

#1140 1 year ago

Happy with what I got from Pinfest this year!

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I didn't take too many photos this year.
A nice line-up of zaccaria games:

A nice Lost World:

A nice IJ:

A sharp shooter II with an intact playfield:

A Getaway with some nice mods--the pinsound package sounded great, an interesting new speaker panel, and there was a strip of interactive LEDs in the super charger. I really enjoyed this example, and I'm not usually to crazy about Getaways.

There certainly were a lot of nice games at the show. The time sure went by quick.

Thanks, my girlfriend and I bought the Lost World and trucked it back to Cincinnati. It is such a neat game and cool playfield.

It was a fun show and the time went by way too fast.

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Upon inspection I noticed that the playfield and cab had notable wear. The pictures he sent were grainy and did not show the flaking paint all over the playfield and cab. There also was prominent wear up the center of the playfield.

Pics or it didn't happen.

It's quite simple really....a few pics of the playfield and cab of the Medusa purchased would clear all this up....or turn this thread into a total shit show. Either way, there would be an answer. And I'll take the old PF after you do the swap.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thankfully someone started a "buy-sell-trade" post for the Allentown Show so I didn't have to waste time looking at dozens of hotel & motel post just to see what parts might be interesting to me that were headed to the show.

You’re welcome. That was me.

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from Gritty:

I had spoken to the seller on the phone and asked for more detailed pictures but never received them.

That shoulda killed the deal right there that something wasn't as described

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

SkyPilot, first of all I have seen this game in person, this is a beater. The playfield has significant wear and planking up and down the playfield, the backglass has wear as well, and a ton of other issues with the game, this game is not in "exceptional" condition. Your buddy can use the old excuse, well it is 37 years old, but that does not work with true pinball people. As for your hear say about beating someone down for a CPR playfield, not true. So let' not start some little high school katty BS. Here are the facts, and yes I was at the show too btw... The game was listed in excellent condition, he refused to send additional photos (right there I would have called him out as a scammer, but this was not my deal) he brought the game out wrapped up and gave Pinjunky a hard time about unwrapping it to check it.

So here is my assessment of this deal. The playfield is 5 out of 10, cabinet about the same, backglass 6 out of 10. This is a players quality game, period, not excellent, not exceptional, not even great, it is a decent game but it was false advertisement. So for "blackballing" someone, you and your little buddies made my list of typical scammers on Pinside that are destroying this hobby for the people who appreciate the games as they are and don't hide or BS people.

One more thing, how was your friend stuck, that is the biggest whiny BS. He did not have a gun to his head to sell it. Pinjunky devalued it because it was a piece of crap, compared to what it was built up to be. If your friend didn't like the deal, he should have manned up, brought it in to free play and either sold it there or taken it back home, you had the space to get it here. Granted the game would have been better in the flea market area in that condition

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I didn't see that they handed out ribbons, but I thought your Expressway was best of show. Nice work as always my friend!
Dave

That Kings & Queens you brought was a great looking and playing machine also.

#1147 1 year ago

Anybody buy that Out of Sight on the free play floor on saturday evening?

I thought it was a bargain at $500. I had room for one and it was between that or the Toledo, I went with the Toledo.

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Best Pinfest I've been to so far, really loved the packed freeplay floor. And finally no rain! It was awesome playing Orbitor 1 for the first time since my 80's arcade days, was seriously considering a buy but whoever snagged it made that decision for me. Loved the Black Hole and Haunted House too. One quibble, there seemed to be a lot of games that were turned on but unable to start a game early in the show on Friday, and the same games were unstartable late Friday. Are people bringing games that they know will sit unplayed just to get free entry? That's a kinda lame stunt, if so.

sorry. i made the decision for you on the Orbitor 1. It certainly is a conversation starter and am glad i got it. It now lives in Coopersbug Pa.

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

No wear means No wear
Looked at pics looks like wear to me

Quoted from rvalkenburg:

playfield is 5 out of 10,

OK, pics were added to the original post above. My take: If the ad said no wear, it was certainly wrong. But players condition? Give me a break man. I don't know what scale you're using...is a NIB game a 6 or 7/10 on your scale?

5/10 is a pretty scrapped playfield in my book. That certainly doesn't look pretty scrapped. I don't really see the wear in the middle or center that was mentioned, but there is a ton of glare from the overhead lights on the glass. We all know you don't get good pictures with the glass on.

That being said, if that PF was described as excellent, a bit of a price reduction was certainly appropriate. No pics of the cabinet or BG, so I can't speak to those.

IMG_6237 (resized).JPG

#1150 1 year ago

And I'll also take a lead on that Spooksville if anybody has one or knows who had it in the flea market.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 137.00
$ 89.99
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 1,099.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 1476 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside