000-pinskys60 (resized).jpg
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Knocker!! Thanks for bringing that alien. I played it around 3 times and liked it. I was the guy waiting and trying to help as you got that bad lock off and replaced it with a new one. As far as the party, are people really that cheap that they can’t but a drink from the bar? Ruined it for everyone. And the BSD situation, you know you can never win.

Oh yeah!! Thanks for the help!

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW the Getaway at the hotel looked great! Never seen this marquee mod before. Looks like it was coupled with a ColorDMD...

Available now at LightedPinballMods.com ! They really really enhance the look of the WPC89/DCS games; I’ve installed several and they make every game just pop. Some work even better than others, such as Getaway. Creature looked amazing too

#1003 5 years ago

Best thing I saw the entire show!

IMG_20180505_113559445 (resized).jpgIMG_20180505_113559445 (resized).jpg

#1004 5 years ago

New alien code!

DE65E257-E3D1-46D3-9AE9-9547E981795F (resized).jpegDE65E257-E3D1-46D3-9AE9-9547E981795F (resized).jpeg

#1005 5 years ago

Always surprised at what resonates with my daughter. Flipper Pool wins! For me, Houdini and TNA were surprisingly awesome.

20180505_120605 (resized).jpg20180505_120605 (resized).jpg

#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Was Flipper Fidelity at the show Friday? I looked a couple times for Michael and didn't see him. Just curious if I was blind...

Flipper Fidelity was not there this year.

#1007 5 years ago

I enjoyed the show yesterday I'm happy I got to play nightmare before Christmas and Alice Cooper both fun games I was just disappointed that there was not a rolling Stones or family Guy for sale.

#1008 5 years ago

Fun show! Just got home! Sorry I couldn't hang out longer.....Cinco De Mayo is a big day for me!

ted el norte (resized).jpgted el norte (resized).jpg

#1009 5 years ago
Quoted from Nesta08:

Best thing I saw the entire show!

Excellent.

Didn't take a pic but at one point there was a guy playing IMDN in a pharaoh mask. So awesome \m/

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Fun show! Just got home! Sorry I couldn't hang out longer.....Cinco De Mayo is a big day for me!

Wow someone is going to be face down drunk tonight. That's a dedicated man drinking.

#1011 5 years ago

Great Show, excellent food from Farmers market (Breakfast was awesome this am), Fegleys was great as was the hotel (Renaissance)...Drive home blew, but thank you Waze for saving us from that rt78 standstill! Only negative, bar tenders at Benjamin's... And to the people responsible for all the empty beer cans left around, there were trash cans everywhere, don't be so ignorant, security wasn't busting balls this year, don't ruin it...

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

John, Thanks for the pinball head and glad to meet ya in person.

#1013 5 years ago

My favorite pins in freeplay (in order) included World Series, Domino, Mibs, and Captain Card. Great show! Thanks again to everyone especially Ivan and crew.

#1014 5 years ago

Had a great time! Picked up a beautiful Demo Man (can't wait to mod it out), won the C division in the tournament, and met tons of great people - including one Todd Tuckey:

IMG_3266 (resized).PNGIMG_3266 (resized).PNG

#1015 5 years ago

This year’s show was great! Almost ran off with that Spooksville that was in the flea market, but the last thing I need right now is another project.

Seems like people were mostly courteous, but one thing that really drives me up a goddamn wall are people who play a 4 player game, even when it’s just them playing. Watched a guy shamelessly hit the start button 4 times on that beautiful Indiana Jones, even though there was a line behind him.

Oh well. Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff, and there’s a gazillion other games to play in the interim, but still...

#1016 5 years ago

Another fantastic show!

Thank you to all the great people that make this show happen. SO many behind the scenes peoplel that never get recognition.

Was again great to meet people that I only new from a screen name. Got 2 DMD units, one Color DMD, some beer coasters, sold one machine. Sore now, but well worth it.

Alice Cooper Nightmare castle was great, as was Total Nuclear Annihilation. I have not been a fan of newer Stern stuff so much, but wow. Iron Maiden is great! The pro is packed and desn't seem stripped down at all. Well done Stern!

Hope everyone else had fun and got to enjoy Airborne.

Chris

#1017 5 years ago

Stars and Meteor were a lot of fun. I sometimes forget how good those classic Stern pins are.

Chris, my wife and I had a chance to play your Airborne today. That pin has a cool sense of speed to it. Neat rail system. We had a blast playing it. Thanks for sharing that little gem.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Hope everyone else had fun and got to enjoy Airborne.

Great game! Thanks for sharing it with us this year. I really like the left outlane kickback, and the wicked ramps. It’s a shame Capcom was entering the market at the wrong time. They had a lot of really creative ideas.

#1019 5 years ago

Thanks a bunch to Ivan and his crew for putting on an awesome show, and thanks to everyone that stopped by our table!

We just posted the audio of two of our livestreams from Friday @ lockislitpodcast.com.

IMG_67291 (resized).jpgIMG_67291 (resized).jpg

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Stars and Meteor were a lot of fun. I sometimes forget how good those classic Stern pins are.
Chris, my wife and I had a chance to play your Airborne today. That pin has a cool sense of speed to it. Neat rail system. We had a blast playing it. Thanks for sharing that little gem.

Glad you enjoyed it! It's a little linear (same order every time) but I enjoy it.

Quoted from mbaumle:

Great game! Thanks for sharing it with us this year. I really like the left outlane kickback, and the wicked ramps. It’s a shame Capcom was entering the market at the wrong time. They had a lot of really creative ideas.

You're welcome! I find their games so creative. It is unfortunate they didn't make a go of it. I can only imagine what they would have come up with.

Chris

#1021 5 years ago

Got home a littleittle while ago, what a great show, nothing quite like it. So many nice people there, lots of great vendors, including Cointaker, Tilt graphics, pingrafrix,, lited pinball mods, pinball star, pinnovators and of course having a booth next to Butch2099, jiggly Martian and nestar. Man those guys have nice games. Farmers market is such a great thing to have nearby, pretzel wraps, potpie, chicken wings, burritos, so many choices. I didn't go to the Ramada party, too tired, but the hotel was adequate, thin walls, but ear plugs help.

Thanks to the organizers, well done and thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.

I sold my Atlantis, and picked up a very nice grand prix, a game I've been after a long time.

Next stop...PINTASTIC, but we need to recover.

IMG_20180505_145924 (resized).jpgIMG_20180505_145924 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180505_135249 (resized).jpgIMG_20180505_135249 (resized).jpg

#1022 5 years ago

I took 3rd in the tournament and picked up the best game at the show, a sweet Williams Toledo!

Total BOOOOOM!

03B8DE8B-AA9F-48AC-B827-6835E9D0AB86 (resized).jpeg03B8DE8B-AA9F-48AC-B827-6835E9D0AB86 (resized).jpeg

0AA3631C-0D96-40C5-A08E-C946218CB9D6 (resized).jpeg0AA3631C-0D96-40C5-A08E-C946218CB9D6 (resized).jpeg

15FD83A8-9087-44EE-9863-4868558CB0C1 (resized).png15FD83A8-9087-44EE-9863-4868558CB0C1 (resized).png

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I had to bail out as I have to be at work on Saturday but had a good time....great show! Iron Maiden PRO (which I have zero interest in musically) had sweet flow and really screams pinball....Houdini is a beaut and great pin...the pimped out DEMOLTION MAN was sweet...never played a RADICAL b4 and it lived up to its pin name. I'm not sure who restored this lil wedgehead Expressway EM but the CCed PF was brilliant and it was my fav of the show...I wanted to take it home!! And the physical PONG TABLE was cooler in person than I imagined

The Bally Expressway was indeed a spectacular example. Original cabinet, playfield and backglass. I took it home.

#1024 5 years ago

I had fun, took some cash up but couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Demolition Man wasn't as good as I remembered , No Good Gophers and Championship Pub are still a blast to play.

It was weird seeing my old SFII for sale. The guy I sold it to said he'd never get rid of it so I gave him a great deal on it, and the price tag on it was $800 more than I sold it to him for and the translight was missing. Ironically(?) you can see it in Levi's pic up there

I liked GotG and the Iron Maiden pin was surprisingly fun to play too. The only thing I didnt like was some pins were tough to play because all you could see was the reflection of the florescent lights. I'm still wearing my "American flag" entrance bracelet.

#1025 5 years ago

My 3 year old melted down after playing for 6 hours so had to jet quickly. I meant to contact owner of the junk yard. Can anyone help as I have interest if was not sold. Thanks great show!!! Brad 8562659488

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from Layleroo:

My 3 year old melted down after playing for 6 hours so had to jet quickly. I meant to contact owner of the junk yard. Can anyone help as I have interest if was not sold. Thanks great show!!! Brad 8562659488

I believe it was Joe’s from pinballstar.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from Layleroo:

Check out post #983 in this thread

#1028 5 years ago

I bought the EK off the Freeplay floor Friday.... So all the people in the tournament who were supposed to play it after I bought it, can thank me for screwing them up LOL. Paid little more than I wanted, but the PF was extremely nice..... once I got into it tonight I found out why... has an NOS replacement PF in it. Probably put in within last 10 years I'd say judging from the condition. I've wanted an EK for quite some time, & they have been going up & up in price, at least around here.....Really nice BG, Displays good, Weebly MPU, plays fast.... the PF condition put it over top for me. I know Hardtops are out for this, but there is nothing quite like the real deal.

Spent a few hours on it tonight.... Put 2SMD warm frosted Comets in the backbox, Comet retro LEDs in GI..... Needed a new 15 pin connector on the SD board, Lamp driver board was bad, found couple bad solder joints on couple Playfields GI bulbs that were not working, 1 bad Feature lamp socket... new PF glass, replaced the 30" incorrect legs with a correct set of 28.5" Ballys, & about 2 hours worth of messing around with minor stuff & man what a difference....

Now just need some new targets, bumper caps, little rubber color change & a Cab Paint job/new rails, little coin door work & will be pretty nice. Eventually I will clear the PF, probably next winter when I have more time, too many others ahead of it in line.

If I didn't buy EK, I was going to pull Trigger on Skip's Dracula along wall in the vendor room. I stopped & played that 15 times over 2 days... & it was #2 on the to buy list... But I picked up 4 more games that were pre-bought, so just couldn't do them both, but Dracula was well worth the asking $ IMO

IMG_1237 (resized).jpgIMG_1237 (resized).jpg

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I had fun, took some cash up but couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Demolition Man wasn't as good as I remembered , No Good Gophers and Championship Pub are still a blast to play.
It was weird seeing my old SFII for sale. The guy I sold it to said he'd never get rid of it so I gave him a great deal on it, and the price tag on it was $800 more than I sold it to him for and the translight was missing. Ironically(?) you can see it in Levi's pic up there
I liked GotG and the Iron Maiden pin was surprisingly fun to play too. The only thing I didnt like was some pins were tough to play because all you could see was the reflection of the florescent lights. I'm still wearing my "American flag" entrance bracelet.

I was wondering if polaroid sunglasses would help with the glare on the glass? When I go trout fishing,I use them to eliminate the glare on the surface of the water.

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I was wondering if polaroid sunglasses would help with the glare on the glass? When I go trout fishing,I use them to eliminate the glare on the surface of the water.

This totally works..

#1031 5 years ago

Best Pinfest I've been to so far, really loved the packed freeplay floor. And finally no rain! It was awesome playing Orbitor 1 for the first time since my 80's arcade days, was seriously considering a buy but whoever snagged it made that decision for me. Loved the Black Hole and Haunted House too. One quibble, there seemed to be a lot of games that were turned on but unable to start a game early in the show on Friday, and the same games were unstartable late Friday. Are people bringing games that they know will sit unplayed just to get free entry? That's a kinda lame stunt, if so.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW the Getaway at the hotel looked great! Never seen this marquee mod before. Looks like it was coupled with a ColorDMD...

Thanks for the positive feedback. We make those for about 25 Bally/Williams games, and will start making them for some Stern models in 60 days. As with nearly all our mods, everyone says they look better in person.

Dan

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This totally works..

I should have gone out to my car and grabbed the pair I have in my fishing vest. I'll have to give it a shot next time,thanks.

#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Had a great time! Picked up a beautiful Demo Man (can't wait to mod it out), won the C division in the tournament, and met tons of great people - including one Todd Tuckey:

That was a real nice Demo Man. I was interested in it, but I am trying not to purchase a game for a few months, LOL But that was a real nice Demo man, good purchase.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

One quibble, there seemed to be a lot of games that were turned on but unable to start a game early in the show on Friday, and the same games were unstartable late Friday. Are people bringing games that they know will sit unplayed just to get free entry? That's a kinda lame stunt, if so.

If you see a game not working, text the number on the info card to let the owner know. Often times, a problem develops on a game, and nobody notifies the owner, so it sits until the owner happens to find out on their own later.

Also, there are some game systems that don't have an easy way to set it on free play, so the owner may have to keep loading up credits periodically.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you see a game not working, text the number on the info card to let the owner know. Often times, a problem develops on a game, and nobody notifies the owner, so it sits until the owner happens to find out on their own later.
Also, there are some game systems that don't have an easy way to set it on free play, so the owner may have to keep loading up credits periodically.

Lots of games with no owner info unfortunately.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lots of games with no owner info unfortunately.

I wouldnt say lots. A small handful, perhaps. Most of those were owned by show staff, I believe.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wouldnt say lots. A small handful, perhaps. Most of those were owned by show staff, I believe.

Of the non working ones, probably 50% lacked any owner id to contact.

Seems every show gets some people that purposefully bring broken games to just get the free pass? Sad but reality of our hobby.

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems every show gets some people that purposefully bring broken games to just get the free pass? Sad but reality of our hobby.

Lugging around 300lbs for $20 seems ludicrous to me

#1040 5 years ago

I definitely saw a lot of turned off games/games out of credits/non working games especially early Friday. But I think it was this morning a Stingray had somehow thrown the left flipper rubber off the bat, & the rubber & ball were stuck together over on the left outlane... I thought that was an interesting one...it had credits, I pushed start button, did nothing & I wondered why.... (I own a Stingray, they are pretty straightforward) & looked over & saw that mess & just had to laugh.

I saw a lot of Sterns out of credits... I know there is no way to set freeplay on a Stern, even on an aftermarket MPU, but people should read their manuals & determine low scoring settings for free balls. Set low score to 10,000 for free ball & set the game to 5 ball instead of 3, just to make absolutely sure it is kicking out free credits while playing.

I really liked the one SilverballMania I was playing.... when I noticed the one wizard pop bumper cap was screwed on backwards LOL. Silverball seemed to be the game of this year.... I think there had to have been 7-8 of them between FreePlay & Vendors.... Pricing on them was "interesting" to say the least. There were couple that would have made good projects if I didn't already have one.

Found Bent shooter rod on one of the Paragons....

Always interesting to play other games to see how they compare to your own gameplay wise.

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stop crying

#1042 5 years ago

My demolition man held up entire show. No resets and flips remained strong. Still got it if anyone is interested

20180430_220631 (resized).jpg20180430_220631 (resized).jpg

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This. For the games I had in free play any issues that occurred this weekend were super minor and easily fixed. I only got calls or texts for about half of them though (which I’m super appreciative of!) For the other half I only found out after walking by and seeing them off.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For anyone go hasn't seen or played orbitor 1 before, it's a real treat to see one at a show. There is also a few zaccaria games, such as a very nice farfalla, a time machine, and a couple others.

I never heard of this one but once I saw it I had to play it. This is one unique game.

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

My demolition man held up entire show. No resets and flips remained strong. Still got it if anyone is interested

Damn that is nice!

#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The Bally Expressway was indeed a spectacular example. Original cabinet, playfield and backglass. I took it home.

That was Dono (Don) from Md
The Expressway looked and played nice, his freeplay games from previous shows were all done very nice; I almost bought his Cleopatra from last years show but someone beat me to it.

#1047 5 years ago

My F2K was not in the free play area but I still let everyone play it. People that bring games are not using them just to get in for free. They are there to enjoy the show as well so I think we/they get carried away and distracted about tending to the games on the floor. Some games do crap out at shows and it's hard to fix them when they are in a line up and the space is crowded, sometimes there's no choice but to cut the power.

#1048 5 years ago

Also a big thanks to annex (Andrew) for sharing a space with me and for helping me load and unload my game. If anybody near OH needs a pf cleared, he's your man.

#1049 5 years ago

Eddie was there on Friday trying out his new game.

20180504_130127 (resized).jpg20180504_130127 (resized).jpg

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Of the non working ones, probably 50% lacked any owner id to contact. Seems every show gets some people that purposefully bring broken games to just get the free pass? Sad but reality of our hobby.

Quoted from Lovef2k:

People that bring games are not using them just to get in for free.

I seen several games that were brought in on the freeplay floor that ranged from completely not working to barely working with many issues. Most didn't have cards or the cards were taken down.

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.