IMG_1934 (resized).PNG
Met Granny (resized).jpg
greenhornet10 (resized).jpg
20180508_132738 (resized).jpg
20180508_131221 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Hotel booking info for the pinball room Posted by djreddog (6 years ago)

Post #652 Tournament volunteer sign-ups & tournament game registration info Posted by coreyhulse (5 years ago)

Post #797 Construction on route 78 eastbound through NJ Posted by Blackjacker (5 years ago)

Post #865 Traffic update for Allentown attendees Posted by Xerico (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.
#1 6 years ago

Time is flying by, and figured I would start this thread early given that people are resurrecting the 2017 thread with room / hotel discussions, plans, etc. I know quite a few people had issues with the Comfort Inn. 2017 was a great show, so the upcoming 2018 show should be great if not better. And this year there will be some Star Wars pins to play!!

I know djreddog (Chad) was already talking about staying at the Ramada and renting out the "game room" for anybody who would be interested.

#2 6 years ago

I really don't know why this thread was created. I was really enjoying the 2017 thread.

#4 6 years ago

I'll be there... I'm going to try my best to give beelzeboob our customary hug without him always grabbing my ass... Or maybe that was his wife... in which case it's cool.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

really don't know why this thread was created. I was really enjoying the 2017 thread.

Seeing how you dress, it is clear that you get stuck in the past.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'll be there... I'm going to try my best to give beelzeboob our customary hug without him always grabbing my ass... Or maybe that was his wife... in which case it's cool.

LMAO. It was probably him...he has a much sturdier grip.

#6 6 years ago

I think I'm getting married the week after the 2018 show. So I'll use the show as motivation to help get as much planning done in advance so that I can still attend the show!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I think I'm getting married the week after the 2018 show. So I'll use the show as motivation to help get as much planning done in advance so that I can still attend the show!

Wishful thinking at this point, at least it will be from her perspective.

Hopefully you can still make it...tell her you have your last tux fitting in Allentown.

#8 6 years ago

Congrats on that, btw! My wife agreed to marry me after the first pin, I know how this works.

I'm looking forward to this and think the idea of doing the afterparty at the Ramada makes a lot of sense. I'm certainly in to trying to make it work.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm looking forward to this and think the idea of doing the afterparty at the Ramada makes a lot of sense. I'm certainly in to trying to make it work.

Definitely. If we stayed at the Comfort Suites, sounds like we would get back to the room and there would be a group of people we don't know now staying in the room, playing the games and running Chad's DJ equipment. And management would do nothing. I'm down for the Ramada.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I know quite a few people had issues with the Comfort Inn.

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and would stay there again next year. What issues did people have?

#11 6 years ago

Might not make it to replay but York is the next show circled on my calendar for sure.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and would stay there again next year. What issues did people have?

If you really didn't see it, go back and look at the last 4 or 5 pages of the Pinfest 2017 thread. It was ridiculous.

#13 6 years ago

I'll try and make a point to contact Ramada at some point this week to get pricing on the "back room". Once I get the 411 I will let everyone know.

#14 6 years ago

when?

#15 6 years ago

2017 was a good one looking forward to 2018

#16 6 years ago
#17 6 years ago

I know I've said this before but I highly recommend the comfort inn Lehigh valley west (fogelsville PA). Very clean, quite, friendly, and reasonably priced. It isn't around the corner (probably a 10-15 min. drive) but it's worth it.

#18 6 years ago

But anyhow, time does fly by and even though 10 months sounds like a very long time, May 4 will be here before we know it since the summer and winter really go by quickly.
I hope to be back at Pinfest 2018. Of course I probably won't know for certain until at least March (due to my day to day schedule), I'd say there is probably a 75% chance we'll be set up in the flea market. Can't wait!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I know I've said this before but I highly recommend the comfort inn Lehigh valley west (fogelsville PA). Very clean, quite, friendly, and reasonably priced. It isn't around the corner (probably a 10-15 min. drive) but it's worth it.

Agreed - I stayed there as well and was fine with it. Pretty good breakfast selection too.

Quoted from hillbilly:

Might not make it to replay but York is the next show circled on my calendar for sure.

York is next for me as well - see you all there!

-Rob
-visit http:///www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#20 6 years ago

A couple dozen Canadians have booked at the Wingate for next year. Very much looking forward to it already.

I'm a pretty laid-back individual and don't get worked up easily. I never raise a stink and almost always let shit slide. But I will never, ever be able to let go of the treatment we received at the Comfort Suites this year and I will make it my business to ensure everyone in the pinball community knows how awful that hotel is from now to eternity. I don't want to rehash the details, so let's just say it was the worst hotel experience I can possibly imagine, short of getting stabbed by the staff in my sleep.

The Comfort Suites is owned by the Joshi Hotel Group and I recommend that anyone staying anywhere near Pennsylvania avoid any hotel that they manage. See here: http://www.joshihotels.com/

They're the United Airlines of hotels. If you do stay at any of these hotels, you'd better pray everything goes perfectly, because they will absolutely hang you out to dry and accept zero responsibility if there's a problem. Avoid at all costs.

StayAnywhereElse (resized).jpgStayAnywhereElse (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

A couple dozen Canadians have booked at the Wingate for next year. Very much looking forward to it already.
I'm a pretty laid-back individual and don't get worked up easily. I never raise a stink and almost always let shit slide. But I will never, ever be able to let go of the treatment we received at the Comfort Suites this year and I will make it my business to ensure everyone in the pinball community knows how awful that hotel is from now to eternity. I don't want to rehash the details, so let's just say it was the worst hotel experience I can possibly imagine, short of getting stabbed by the staff in my sleep.
The Comfort Suites is owned by the Joshi Hotel Group and I recommend that anyone staying anywhere near Pennsylvania avoid any hotel that they manage. See here: http://www.joshihotels.com/
They're the United Airlines of hotels. If you do stay at any of these hotels, you'd better pray everything goes perfectly, because they will absolutely hang you out to dry and accept zero responsibility if there's a problem. Avoid at all costs.

So you're saying it SHOULDN'T be called the Comfort Suites?

#22 6 years ago

I've seen some recommendations in the 2017 thread of staying at the Ramada next year. But when I looked at Trip Advisor they have gotten a lot of bad reviews recently.

Looks like the Ho Inn Express might be a good option next year.

#23 6 years ago

I'm beginning to wonder what it would cost to rent a RV for the weekend. I'm only 2 1/2 hours away, so there wouldn't be many miles, just need some place to crash.

Anyone have experience with RV rentals?

Thanks,

Alan

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Looks like the Ho Inn Express might be a good option next year.

Stayed there a couple of times, including (fortunately) this past show. Right next to the Uncomfort Sweets. I had no problems there at all. Breakfast is decent too.

#25 6 years ago

It's either going to be "Pin A Go Go" or "Pinfest" for me in 2018.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Uncomfort Sweets

lol

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I've seen some recommendations in the 2017 thread of staying at the Ramada next year. But when I looked at Trip Advisor they have gotten a lot of bad reviews recently.

They're not perfect, to be sure. I forget what the confusion we had at the front desk was but it wasn't insurmountable. I've done a lot of hotel restoration work and I would bet it has been a distressed property in recent history but they do seem to be trying to bring it up. I spent a little time talking to employees (and the bartender of course!) and they seemed to have a relatively good grasp of the objective.

I like the fact that it's a little off the beaten path. Pretty much every option is a ~15 min drive but I would feel secure leaving a trailer there; being on the back corner of an industrial park means there is absolutely no thru traffic.

#28 6 years ago

Quick update, I've reached out 2 times to the sales lady at Ramada, waiting for her to call me back with a price point on the "game room".

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quick update, I've reached out 2 times to the sales lady at Ramada, waiting for her to call me back with a price point on the "game room".

Maybe they would throw in the room for free if we guaranteed a certain number of reservations at the $75-85 range.

#30 6 years ago

It's a shame the show isn't at a hotel/convention center already.
How sweet would that be to just go to your room when you're tired, nice bar & restaurant onsite. Kinda like Expo!!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Maybe they would throw in the room for free if we guaranteed a certain number of reservations at the $75-85 range.

Oh don't you worry, I'm going to haggle the hell out of them!

#32 6 years ago

ANNOUNCING THE OFFICIAL HOTEL FOR THE PINFEST "PLAYAS"- Ramada Inn

I spoke with the sales lady and initially the room was $199 plus tax to rent the room out. Haggled her a little bit and if we get 10 confirmed rooms booked at $79.99 using the code "Pinfest Pinball Show", she will throw in the room for free. Looks like we have some planning to do folks! One thing she mentioned is that there are rooms located next door and that they generally don't rent out that room past 10pm due to noise, however she said she would try and book Pinfest rooms next to it so that no one would complain.

To officially reserve you room at this rate and for the special promotion of the "Lehigh Room" that is being offered to us, you must call the hotel directly to book the room(s) by 4/25/18. Call 610-439-1037 and make the reservation under "Pinfest Pinball Show".

I just booked my room. Who else is in?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

It's a shame the show isn't at a hotel/convention center already.
How sweet would that be to just go to your room when you're tired, nice bar & restaurant onsite. Kinda like Expo!!

I don't know of any hotels with a convention center (like the agriplex) in the area. Plus, I would think that the agriplex is the largest and greatest convention center in the area. Plus, the hotels r really only a few miles away.

2 weeks later
#34 6 years ago

Ran into Ivan at Pintastic and chatted for a while...2018 Pinfest is gonna be a blast.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ran into Ivan at Pintastic and chatted for a while...2018 Pinfest is gonna be a blast.

I was there, and was trying to get in on the conversation, but they kept swatting me away like an annoying mosquito. Jeff from Classic Arcades actually entered the group, standing between them and me and putting his back in my face like I wasn't even there. Just another day in the life of The Boob.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was there, and was trying to get in on the conversation, but they kept swatting me away like an annoying mosquito. Jeff from Classic Arcades actually entered the group, standing between them and me and putting his back in my face like I wasn't even there. Just another day in the life of The Boob.

Jeff could sense your manliness and was just trying to get close to you.

You were chiming in quite a bit, and then Todd Tuckey took over the entire conversation. Once he posts his video, we will see what really happened.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Jeff could sense your manliness and was just trying to get close to you.
You were chiming in quite a bit, and then Todd Tuckey took over the entire conversation. Once he posts his video, we will see what really happened.

He wasn't taping when that happened. I think he started after that.

#38 6 years ago

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Something new and different happening next year or just more of their normal brand of Pinfest excellence?

#40 6 years ago

The normal excellence...and some other ideas floating around. Hard to tell...we had a few drinks at that point

1 week later
#41 6 years ago

See Ivan and lots of other pinballers here...in this giant PINTASTIC video!

#42 6 years ago

I'm really looking forward to being able to stay for more than just one day next year. Great show for 2017, but on more than one occasion, I had the owners of the machines literally turning the games off on me as I was playing because they were sold. Super Lame. On example was when I was playing a Bally Op-Pop-Pop, midday friday, when the owner approached me and said "Sorry, just sold it." And leaned over and flipped the game off. I didn't even get to finish my ball. Kinda left a sour taste in my mouth, but at least there's a gazillion other games to move onto.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

See Ivan and lots of other pinballers here...in this giant PINTASTIC video!
» YouTube video

Who's the dick in the "I am the man from Nantucket" shirt at 14:40?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who's the dick in the "I am the man from Nantucket" shirt at 14:40?

Some douchebag that kept bothering that attractive guy in the Flash t-shirt...

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Some douchebag that kept bothering that attractive guy in the Flash t-shirt...

Oh...the gender neutral one?

#46 6 years ago

Just a general comment here.. I suggest that we use this thread solely for the 2018 show before it becomes 50 pages long filled with stuff relvolving around other things 9.5 months from the show. Just my input

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Just a general comment here.. I suggest that we use this thread solely for the 2018 show before it becomes 50 pages long filled with stuff relvolving around other things 9.5 months from the show. Just my input

Agreed.

2 months later
#48 6 years ago

As Skip said, the time for York and Pintastic is over. Two great shows! Next up for us northeasterners is the one and only Allentown Pinfest.

#49 6 years ago

Bringing a 1987 Apple Time "Thunder Man".

#50 6 years ago

Skip is going to sign off for a few weeks now but right around the first of the year I think we all need to start thinking what can each of us do to help improve all 3 of our east coast shows. Working together we can all do our part to make 2018 one for the record books as far as our 3 local shows.

From my observations: Allentown could use another dozen to 20 flea market dealers so the flea market has to expand to both inside & outside, Pintastic sadly I have not had the pleasure to attend yet that it is on my bucket list for 2018 but from taking to people Gabe has done great their in just a few short years, and as has been said already York could use more DMD machines and a few more vendors.

So anyone "on the fence" please consider doing your part in 2018.

There are 1,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-allentown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.