1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It's all original. Nothing restored. Playmatic installed a clear coat over their games back in the 70's and it really paid off. The inside is also just as clean!

Nope. Not clearcoated. It's a plastic layer. I miss my conquest and talking with the previous owner about how clean this one is it may be my old one. Let me know if you want to sell it at Allentown.

1 week later
#392 7 years ago

Probably bring and sell my stern Dracula. Plays well. Players conditions for sure. Cosmetics have had a rough life.

3 weeks later
#623 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

If everything comes together I should have a "boat load" of project machines headed to Allentown. No list or anything yet but I'll likely have a mix of EM's up to Williams System 11 era machines as well as a couple DMD machines. EVERYTHING I will be bringing will basically be untested projects because I'll be picking up a ton of machines from my warehouse deal over the next couple weeks and just will not have time to mess with them before Allentown.
Some titles MIGHT include: Demo Man, Last Action Hero, Doctor Who, Rescue 911, Phantom of the Opera, Street Fighter II, Mavrick, ETC. Please do not email about prices, full list, etc - I will not know much until about a week or so before the show. All I will say for now is anyone looking for decent project machines should stop by and see me at the indoor flea market.
I wish I knew more but after months of waiting we are finally hooking up with the seller this coming weekend for the next load of machines. Then if possible I want to try to grab another load or two before the show but only time will tell. Very long story but things are finally starting to come together with this deal!

You be in the same spot. Immediately on the left as you walk into indoor flea market area? Grabbed a victory from you last year.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Skip thanks for the kind words, I did sell a Victory last year. I will be in the same three spots with Chad and Joe. I will have a full trailer roughly a dozen pins. Been occupied with my late fathers estate the last 5 weeks. I will get a list up here on Pinside of what is going to the show in about a week. I will have everything from em's, classic Bally's to a HUO Stern. Please no emails until I can get the list together. Looking forward to having a great time. Pete

Forum names were too similar thanks for the correction. I'll be checking both of you out when I get there Thursday

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

It was at the comfort inn, if I remember right there were 3 pins set up in one of the rooms, was awesome

That was a hell of a night. Victory, jungle lord and nineball. All bought Thursday at shown in unknown state/missing a bunch of keys.

We're next door at holiday inn this year. Was a bit cheaper.

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

No it isn't. Comfort Suites is less expensive unless you get some special discount at Holiday Inn Express or something.
Without any discounts applied the Holiday Inn Express is $106 per night and Comfort Suites is $95 per night.
They are both probably booked up now though.
I would recommend the Ramada Inn in Whitehall as the next best budget motel to look at for those attending the show this year, although it may be booked-up by now too.
The thing that sucks about the Holiday Inn Express is unlike Comfort Suites and the Ramada Inn, the Holiday Inn Express doesn't have a bar/restaurant. The rooms are a bit nicer though.
There is a better selection of restaurants and shopping near the Ramada than near Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express though. All are about the same distance away from the fairgrounds.

IMG_9695 (resized).PNGIMG_9695 (resized).PNG

Don't need a bar. Bring my own drinks. If I want to play the POTC in the lobby I walk an extra 200' across the parking lot

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I think that so-called "Pinfest Discount" might not be that great of a deal......
https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/allentown/comfort-suites-hotels/pa117

It is when you check the dates of Allentown IMG_9696 (resized).PNGIMG_9696 (resized).PNG

Little different than the rates of staying there tonight.

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Looking for:
A nice Space Shuttle
Vector
Can possible bring (1):
Gottlieb Tag Team
Judge Dredd
Black Rose
Also, I've got a beat to hell Cyclone playfield I can bring if somebody is looking to restore.

Bring Tag Team. Always been interested in giving it a try. Could be interested in purchasing.

#833 7 years ago

Maybe a nice Hollywood heat to go next to my ice fever?

#1092 7 years ago

Show is great. Games are great. I'll keep bringing games. Anyone worrying about if it will be a good show and if there is a dozen less games Saturday afternoon or not stop worrying. Show is best of both worlds. Freeplay games and flea market. Ton of vendor games too like all the new sterns, CG, spooky, heighway, Dutch, jJP, etc. There will be more games than you can play. Every day has it's better aspects but by no means is any day remotely bad.

And don't be scared to bring games. Several years in a row I brought super high end restores. Taxi I sold for 4.5k, high speed and a few others. Never a single issue with any of them. Played non stop and left just as good. People talk about there games being beat on for a whole weekend. Remember what these things were built for. These things were played thousands and thousands times more before you ever owned them than they will in 2 days at a show.

Thanks Ivan and can't wait for the show. Might have a couple more than the few I registered.

-Jim

#1279 7 years ago

Hollywood heat and ice fever sold to some locals.

Mostly restored Buck Rogers. Clearcoated playfield. All new topside parts, posts, drop targets, etc. NOS plastic set. Very clean cabinet. Ni-Wumpf MPU. Backglass is decent. Some flaking in the flesh tones on the girl. Will be in freeplay for 1300$

Can bring some projects that I still have that haven't sold. Sonic Mars trek and Williams Big Ben. 600$ for the pair.

#1327 6 years ago

Mars Trek sold

Ice fever sold

Big Ben project on its own with all original paperwork and schematics 150$. Great cabinet and perfect backglass.

Project checkpoint available again. Game works. Had a locked in coil and I had the board serviced to fix that. Board hasn't been put back in since. Everything is here but one coin slot and mech on the door. Cabinet painted black. Includes a set of brand new decals I had personally hired an artist to do. Look perfect. Several others have used these decals and came out great. 850$

Clearcoated excellent shape buck roagers still available

1 week later
#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

What game is that with a Bally and Chevy logo? Is that HighSpeed 2 the Gettaway?

Corvette

#1795 6 years ago

90 miles to go. Through all the traffic now.

New GTi is a trooper!

IMG_9826 (resized).JPGIMG_9826 (resized).JPG

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey Jim, hope to see you there. I'm interested in your thoughts on the GTI and any research you did prior to purchase (and where, if a good dealer). My wife really wants one but I'm on the fence.
Looks like it can haul a pin with the head removed? Any fold down love?

Some fold down love but not a lot of them. I'll PM you my thoughts. I'm loving the car coming from my tdi wagon which was a major pin hauler for me.

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

My fave was that sweet Ship Ahoy that was there. It was cherry. Was not for sale, and I don't blame the owner one bit.
My buddy couldn't stop playing that Buck Rogers with the awesome playfield (repro?).

'Twas mine. Touched up and Clearcoated original!

#2202 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I was thinking about something for next year. I was inspired by the short legged Mario Bros pin that was the perfect size for my 4 year old. Would a "kid" area be cool? Like, must be under x- ft tall to enter and just have a few shorter pins available for them? Just a thought. Where do you find short legs like that anyway?

That was my buddy Toms. He just cut a set of legs down and welded the bottom piece back on. Heard a few people say they wanted a set either for their kids or for sitting on a chair and shopping a game.

#2247 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. I'd take one. Gotta get the grandkids into pinball. Now if only I could find a Nip It--preferably one that only plays two players...

It's gone now so good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.