1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

LMAO, I always tell myself "Ehh, we don't need a Pinfest thread yet, I'll wait a little while" and it gets earlier and earlier every year.

One day...

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

I've recently gotten paid for doing another pinball job (and will be getting paid more Sunday & Monday for more pinball work) and I'm going to try for the first time ever to actually save up a little so I can buy something really nice. Won't be able to get a DMD but maybe a nice solid-state machine to change things up a little. I always end up spending my money and using a single paycheck or two on good priced <$300 EM craigslist projects/nice games thus wiping out savings before they're even savings... gotta stay off of it!

Scraping the bottom and uncovering really underpriced gems has been fun but I really want to treat myself a little with something special! 80's games are actually where my nostalgia (even though in the 2000's) is, EMs just took over my heart - not only because of their charm, challenge, and mechanical insides, but partially because I could never afford many solid-state games. I still bask over them, and I think one would be a true "score" that feels like no other even if EMs took things over and still dominate my collection.

Getting excited for Pinfest!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You could bring your cash and a couple of your games to Allentown, and raise enough money to buy what you want.

I like them too much. I have a really open mind so I've actually thoroughly enjoyed everything I have picked up and plan to keep it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't going to be able to never sell your games...especially once you move out!

They'll still be waiting for me at their current location for the most part - otherwise there's always storage options until they're ready to head into a future house, or whatever. I like to think I have future commercial non-home dreams for them.

1 month later
#36 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll buy it from you next month when you're tired of it.

And I'll come over to your house to play it. Don't worry, I don't drool.

1 week later
#70 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

the hotels listed on the infest web site

Might wanna stay away from those!

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Just bought my plane ticket. Round trip from Orlando to Philadelphia about $115. Reserved a car for $33 a day. Never been to Pinfest but am looking forward to it.
What's a good hotel close to the show?

I can't eat any exciting food due to medical reasons anyways, but I hear a good tip for first timers' is DO NOT, under any circumstances, eat the food that is sold by the vendor inside of the expo building. Heard it gives you a night worse than 10 pounds of Taco Bell.

1 month later
#275 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The games on the free play floor are typically shopped/restored.

A tad irrelevant to the discussion at hand but a valuable point: At the York Show and others, yes, but I feel Pinfest is plagued with people who bring their shitshow of a game just to get free admission or sell it off. 85% of the games are still playable/nice but man I've seen some real sorry sights on the Pinfest floor before.

I remember one particularly that was in incredibly rough shape and when it ended up burning itself up towards the end of the show instead of fixing it the guy just dropped the price, left it lit up, and literally cut the leads to the start button. (coin door was open/unlocked)

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sure, there are going to be a couple games that aren't quite up to snuff, but most people aren't like that.
And sometimes when a game goes down, it's just bad luck. Plenty of people have had show day horror stories. I've been found myself trying to chase down a new issue more than once on games I've brought.
But luckily, there are plenty of parts, boards, and knowledgeable folks who are more than happy to help get a game back up and running if it's beyond an owner's ability to diagnose and repair.
If I see that look of confusion/exaspiration/dispair with someone who has a backbox open or playfield up, I usually stop by and ask if they're having trouble with their game and if they could use a hand. Sometimes I can help, sometimes not. And if not, I try to help them find someone else more familiar with their game or system who might be able to.

Of course. Don't get me wrong, I meant more of the people who bring games with an inch of dirt, a duct-taped flipper, and old rubbers on the playfield that barely work correctly rather than the ones dealing with a pesky game, I definitely know how annoying that can be - a very honest effort indeed.

1 week later
#301 7 years ago

Does anybody know who does the awards (and if that is still happening), like best original, best restoration, etc.? I assume there's some way to enter unless they just go through the whooooolllleeee show. Thanks!

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Games will leave late Saturday afternoon no matter what.

Well I would hope so, that's when the show ends! (I'm guessing you mean Friday afternoon during the big "hit" to the show each year)

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

I made the mistake of going on Saturday last year, my first year. This year I will be going on Friday if I can help it!

Quoted from arcademojo:

Made the mistake of going on just a Saturday one year also. Friday is the day to go.

Good choice. Friday is the day to go.

That being said, Friday is the day to go for gaming, Saturday is the day to go for buying.

Off-topic: I see you live in York - I hope you visit the fantastic York Whiterose Gaming Show every year? That is like Pinfest V2, a bit smaller but many argue it's more "comfy" and has a better maintained selection of games.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

york was meh. allentown has more pins, more parts vendors AND the farmers' market. case closed.

It's probably an "open mind" kind of thing. If you collect older games the parts stands (mostly new; or "mods", which are non-existent on older games) don't do much for you anyways. I see you've only collected newer games, maybe that is why, there are some there at York but not always a ton. If you like the older stuff the York Show is beautiful because everything is usually running right and is tuned up, and it is full of those kinds of games.

Quality > quantity, to me. Seems like a lot of Pinfest people bring whatever junk is in their garage to get past the ticket cost and to try and sell before the show is over with the rubbers half flaking off. Bigger is not always better.

I've also heard it called more "homey" by many collectors/Pinsiders, however you want to take that. (I guess just another word for comfy)

Pinfest is really great too though don't get me wrong, and that can happen at any show, just when you turn the numbers up on games it's obviously a lot more likely to happen/be more abundant, just because percentages and all that, simple math. Not anybody's fault there, can't be helped - Ivan & team put on a fantastic show and I go every year and continue to do so. I am thankful we have both and that they are different (variety), they both have their pros and cons and it is nice each year to get excited about the huge main event that is Pinfest filled with hundreds of games and then be able to fall back down onto the "calmer" York Show and other shows later on in the year. Especially when they both have a lot for sale!

#340 7 years ago

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but will the outdoor flea market be returning back to the other side again this year? Not sure if that's even happening anymore but I remember last year it was to the right rather than the left and there was like... one seller out there and no people. I guess it might have been rainy but I just remember the other layout seeming to be a lot better for buys and sells. I'm pretty content with the indoor flea market regardless but always great to have more options if the show is still going that route.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

With the rain last year Ivan rearranged the indoor flea market and moved everyone inside. The one guy that stayed outside was offered an inside space but wanted to stay outside for some reason? In any event I think the outdoor flea market on the original side was better for the flow of everything so I am glad they are going back to the original arrangement.
As far as comparing Allentown to York it is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both great shows but each has a very different feel. I personally like the laid back feeling of York but Allentown has a lot more going on if you like things that way. Kind of like going into a nice little town compared to going into the city. Pros & Cons to each but both are great in their own way. Both Ivan & Rich have done a great job since taking over these two shows a few years back!
It is my understand Rich is moving the York Show into a larger building this year and will also have an indoor flea market area. I don't think this was by choice I think the building he typically uses was booked so he had to move the show into one of the bigger halls if my memory is correct.
In any event two great shows run by two very nice guys and I love both.

Trying not to fill up the Pinfest thread with York Show stuff, but that's interesting. I think the show's been in the bigger building a few times before, but that was before my time in the hobby. Kind of bummed to hear it's moving (temporary?), I'll miss that building!

ANYWAYS, back to Pinfest!

#345 7 years ago

Love is in the air!

1 week later
#387 7 years ago

Speaking of food, looks like setup day falls on my birthday. Can I bring cake if I attend that day?

2 weeks later
#468 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Don't remind me - I have two flea market spaces to fill and still don't have any idea what is headed. I am always behind schedule but this year is worse than normal for some reason?

How about that entire giant lot of games you bought I think the essence of good sales at flea markets is not necessarily picking and choosing, just throw it all out there and see what sells IMO.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

You can still smoke in bars/pubs? Where I live smoking inside has been outlawed for 10+ years and in 2012 the city outlawed smoking on bar patio's outside too! LOL

I think if you have more sales of food than beer or something you can no longer allow smoking, in PA. It's something like that which was put in place probably 7 or 8 years ago or so.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I can bring this if presold. Have a couple of nibbles so far. 5300.00

Expensive topper!

#517 7 years ago

Noooooooooooo

2 weeks later
#896 7 years ago

My restoration should be finished on this game in time for free play. Extremely rare 1971 Bally Skyrocket, only 545 originally produced and more importantly a very very hard game to find today and very desirable. This game features something I have never seen on another EM, a firework insert "lightshow" created by a unique unit that spins a set of wiper fingers along contacts continuously, controlled by a motor. (not coil-based) When picking up the game I did not know about this feature yet and it blew me away with eyes wide as I witnessed it in complete darkness.

Also, this is a 2-player game in a single-player cabinet style.

Even some of the craziest EM pinheads I know said they haven't ever played one/seen one outside of pictures or haven't played one since the 70's so I am looking forward to contributing with games like I do each year at Pinfest and York with this very rare and beautiful title, with very great gameplay action too. Plays very fast and flows well. Not sure if there has been one at any Pinfest yet but it will be exciting regardless.

I am thinking this game will only be brought to Pinfest this year so please enjoy it. Next year will be Star-Jet. (possibly two) These nice condition rarer games are ones others would just keep in the basement and wouldn't dare take the chances of a show (and I probably shouldn't either) but I like to give everything their "tour" so everybody has a chance to play especially these rarer titles. Looking forward to meeting many new people at the show.

(I stated earlier in another thread that I am starting to distance myself from the forum in general but intend to post in this thread occasionally if not just this due to still being very involved in events/shows, (which also means) looking forward to meeting many new people in person, so don't be afraid to say hi!)

Not for sale. Have a great show!

IMG_7979 (resized).JPGIMG_7979 (resized).JPG
IMG_7987 (resized).JPGIMG_7987 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_5479 (resized).pngScreenshot_5479 (resized).png

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Here is a list of machines I will have in the inside flea market spaces #3 and half of #2 from Thursday till Saturday. Any interests feel free to send a pm for more info or pictures. Inundated with non pinball life events lately so if you want pictures it may have to wait till the weekend. Also if you want pictures make sure you include your email address with your pm.
LORT: un doc HUO Just over 1k plays, original rubber on machine, playfield glass never slid off machine. Paper work and manual still stapled to inside of cabinet. I have a new ring kit and inside cab decals from Sillyoldelf here on Pinside. Available as is or shopped with decals installed.
Hurricane: working machine Cab fade, fair condition, needs new rubber.
LAH: Working machine, nice
Bally Centaur: Average condition, starts and plays will need to be shopped, Has Alltek MPU and Solenoid driver boards installed and a new say it again board. Will sell with Allteks or with out.
Bally Kiss: NOS backglass, NOS Bally playfield installed in 1999, Cointaker LED kit, Pinscore displays, Tom Callahan MPU, Alltek lamp driver board, New drop targets and pop caps, cabinet restenciled.
Stern Big Game: complete, project machine.
EM'S
Gottlieb Baseball
Gottlieb Buccaneer
Bally Freedom (em)
Williams Argosy
Williams Pat Hand
1940’s Gottlieb restored 3 in 1 strength tester
Seeburg KD200, very nice survivor, picks and plays, was in the same home for 49 years.
New Backglasses:
Williams 1963 Big Deal, Gottlieb Lady Luck, Gottlieb Fast Draw, Data East Simpsons
Used backglasses:
Buckaroo, Jacks Open, Bally Surf Queens.
Translites:
All are complete with trim and glass ready to slide into a machine except Popeye is missing two sections of trim. Twilight Zone, T2, Popeye, Batman Forever, Monopoly
Also clocks, neon’s, advertising signs and whatever else I can pack in the trailer.

Good seller and nice guy.

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Tron Pro: Will bring this to Allentown if paid before hand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48267

This game is really nice in person.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What form of payment do folks take? I'm guessing vendors would take visa and checks.

It probably depends how big your purchase is. I doubt any parts vendor would take a check, times are a-changin'. I find most take credit cards/debit cards but as always cash is king, and that pretty much goes without say for used game deals.

If you mean new game vendors then you probably have a lot more options, not sure which you meant.

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

You forgot the TM symbol next to Pinside though.

• [This reply is only visible to Pinside™ PinGold® members.]
#964 7 years ago

#1036 7 years ago

I can agree with the sentiment if you're bringing games not to sell you should be able to take them back out any time without a fee thing.

Buying a game and wanting to take it off the show floor is totally 100% different than bringing a game and knowingly taking it home with you, and having to take it out a little early due to whatever reason. I know Ivan really struggles with keeping games around until the show is over and I see where he is coming from but a fee for machines not for sale is like getting a $40 ticket for willingly donating to charity after 10 PM at night because it's too late.

For a lot of people the fee is just something they add onto the cost of their purchase, but after hauling a game you own all the way out to the show for free I would assume $40 feels pretty heavy like any amount would. It even costs more than the admission it waives.

It would be nice if there was some kind of small raffle for people who bring games not to sell and aren't using the place like a market. I bring games every year not for sale and I know a few other people do as well and I find it gratifying enough to let people enjoy the games but I think for all that work many people would appreciate something like that.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What's the rule at tpf? Do they also have a fee? Or is it just not allowed?

Quoted from Lermods:

$60 removal fee I think, but it didn't seem to be an issue and as best I could tell, games were not leaving early.

It's because they don't have the food place inside the show building like Pinfest does. I heard that diarrhea wipes out your whole weekend. No wonder people are rushing to pull their games out of there.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I will be bringing this gorgeous example of Centigrade 37 down. LED'd and very clean and shiny mechs inside. Plays like a dream. A beautiful example of C37!

That's beautiful

#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I have a midway Race-Way (em) the I can bring if a deal is done prior. Pics available of course.

She's a beaut. I could definitely see you finding a buyer for that.

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

(Disclaimer - I am not suggesting anybody provide alcohol to a minor).

Rare picture of Colson and I doing our first game deal

#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

My car at 4:20pm.

Just don't get in the back!

freepinballs (resized).pngfreepinballs (resized).png

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

My NOS populated Genesis playfield in the marketplace can be brought to the show if anyone needs it.

Good seller!

#1361 6 years ago

Also can mean just dirty and unshopped. To be honest your question is a little difficult to answer properly, not your fault, but because everybody has their own rating system in their head.

A project can be anything from not a project at all to "this machine has been lit on fire and it's still burning but I'll put it out when you buy it" (basically really really really bad shape). The best people and the best buys are the ones who are picky about everything little thing like "there's a small knick on the bottom of the cabinet" and you're like "I don't caaaaaaare!", as they cover all the bases and games come generally even nicer than you thought. Unfortunately the other folks can only be learned about through trial and error or very very closely inspecting what you buy.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I should have the following at pinfest
Chicago Coin Blue Max - $350
Williams Satin Doll - $375
Gottlieb sure shot - $750
All work.

Does it come with the car

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

shacklersrevenge - Williams Jokerz I can bring to the show if prepaid, it works great with a nice playfield, the top display is dead. $900 firm. 1973 Gottlieb High Hand $500, 1969 Gottlieb Mibs $150. All pins can be brought to Allentown if prepaid. Haunted House Project: Complete game, works and plays, good displays/ board set, broken plastics, playfield wear, and some flaking to the backglass $1000. Gorgar: pretty nice playfield, looks like someone did some clearing to it, average backglass, not working, boards all there, solid cabinet $500. Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman $800
b0bgagn0n - I have a nice SS Night Rider for sale. NOS playfield, mint backglass and above average cabinet.
scooter8416 - bringing a 1977 Gottlieb Team One for free play and for sale
apic7917 - I have 2 JVL Vortex Megatouch games I can bring if anyone wants one(or both).
Shredso - I'm on the fence about going. I have a really nice Star Trek:TNG I was thinking of bringing.$5100, PM me for more details. If I took a deposit on it, that would solidify my decision to go.
mamemaster - Hey Pinsiders- I have a Funhouse up for trade-- I would consider taking it to Allentown- for the right trade- worked out in advance.
bigd1979 - If i still have my walking dead premium, ill bring it for free play and sale more than likely.
woody76 - I also have a heavily modded Star Trek Premium I would like to sell or trade if anyone is interested. I can bring a Eight Ball Deluxe 1st edition if deal worked out in advance. $2300
ibuypinballs - I will have a Hurricane at Allentown in the inside flea market. LAH: Working machine, nic. EM'S: Gottlieb Baseball, Gottlieb Buccaneer. Bally Freedom (em), Williams Argosy, Williams Pat Hand
spiroagnew - Bringing my Gottlieb 2001 for free play (and hopefully sale).
1974DeltaQueen - Fellow collector will be bringing his North Star, it will be for sale in the free play area.
Ranhorton - considering bringing either my 1980 Gottlieb Counterforce or my Theatre of Magic. PM with any questions.
jake35 - I have a Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure in near mint shape and a Jurassic Park $2600, that is a great players example if anyone's interested. Also DE Star Wars $3800
Pinphila - May be bringing the following: Funhouse $3200, Black Knight $1950, Indy 500, IJ. Also NIB Pabst Can Crusher - $5400. Buccanneer $800, HUO POTC - $5100. World Cup Soccer 94 working proect $1750
cdnpinballer - I have a very rare Gottlieb Challenger I could bring for trade if a deal is made in advance.
hoby1 - I have a perfect HUO The Simpons Pinball Party. Looks like it just came out of the box. Perfect in every way, Nicest one you will come across
$5600
PAIDGE - Can bring a MMRLE if the deal is done before the show.
arcaderehab - I have a Jumping Jack for sale I can bring to the show on Friday. Looking to sell or trade into an early Bally or Williams solid state game or classic video arcade game.
eabundy - I likely will have a Funhouse and Demolition Man there FULLY restored. Operation Thunder, Big Guns, Maverick, Police Force, Nascar, Terminator 2
phillymadison - My Banzai Run is for sale and could be brought to the show if anyone is interested $4999 OBO
rcbrown316 - Addams Family can bring if pre-sold $5300
HemiOrange09 - I am planning on having all of these MI Pinball Refinery Editions to play and FOR SALE at the show if everything goes as planned. NEW Aerosmith Pro (#1), HUO Spiderman Vault Edition (#1), NEW The Walking Dead Premium (#17?), New Metallica Pro (#31), HUO Ghostbusters Pro (#1), and maybe a HUO Star Trek Premium
27dnast - Tentative plan to be in Allentown on Friday only, have Walking Dead Premium for Sale/Trade - $6700 OBO
Fverdon - Can bring to Allentown the nicest HUO IJ4, contact me if you are interested. Can provide picture on demand to serious inquirer. Price around 7K
hawknole - I have a 1951 United Cacade Shuffle Alley. I would bring it to Allentown for $200.
burningman - Kinda nice Old Chicago is in the marketplace and can be delivered to Allentown if a deal is done beforehand.
billpaterno - Need to sell my Genesis to make room. Lots of new parts. LEDs. 1250 OBO. Can bring to show.
hillbilly - Can deliver to pinfest. PM if interested Getaway with tons of mods, including mountain, police car, donut heaven, chome flippers all new plastics $2,800. Ghostbusters Pro with shaker and green slimer speaker inserts $4,600
sbmania - Trying to decide what to bring to Allentown for sale. Only so much room! Anyone have any interest in the following: Capcom Pinball Magic excellent condition- $4200, Bally All Star Deluxe Bowler excellent condition - $2800, Bally Target Zero em blacklite arcade game excellent condition - $800, Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard excellent condition - $2400, 1935 Exhibit Supply Blue Streak crane machine working condition, cabinet solid original - $2400, Fish Tales works 100% fully LED'd - $3200
Phbooms - Can bring along to the show if anybodys interested WWE LE $5600 OBO
DRDAVE - I can bring my restored JUMPING JACK to the show if prepaid prior to show, $2,200
kjm8888 - Unless it sells beforehand, I will be bringing my Wipe Out. Probably the nicest one on the planet! $2600
Turtle - At this point I will be bringing a Judge Dredd $2800 and Silverball Mania for free play and for sale.
Drano - Been debating on letting Centaur go. PM ME! Also have Frontier.
jkashani - Centaur: can bring Friday if paid in full prior.
billsfanmd - I can bring a huo Spiderman to trade for IJ4. Not sure which day I'll be there yet
80spit - So far, I am bringing 5 pins for sale/ freeplay, Capt Fantastic, Wizard, Gottlieb Bronco Williams Phoenix, and a Gottlieb Circus. I have a like new Ghostbusters Pro with mods, I could bring if presold $4800 firm. Also Mars God of War for sale $1350.
kovalski3 - I have a Gottlieb El Dorado that I can bring to Pinfest if pre sold. $1400
lllvjr - So far my list picking up the day before the show: World Cump Soccer 94, Indianapolis 500, South Park. Also, I can bring Huo gble and nib Smaug LE if there's a buyer at the show
foxct - I have a Bally Boomerang I could bring if there's any interest.
Phillips88 - Gottlieb Atlantis, for sale I could bring to Allentown. Also Egg Head
mtbpinball - Will be bringing these games to Allentown - Lord of the Rings great condition $5400 . Hurricane excellent condition- nicest one you'll see $2300, F14 Tomcat- great condition $1500, Data East Secret Service- nice condition $1500. And some project games- Harlem Globetrotters, Gottlieb Sing Along, maybe even a Seeburg G, project Magic City em nice Playfield and back glass cabinet needs to be redone $400.
TheRave - Thinking about bringing some games to sell. Would help if there was interest ahead of time: Terminator 2: Very nice overall condition, Old Chicago: playfield 10, backglass 10, cabinet 9, Flip Flop: playfield 10, backglass 10, cabinet 9, Nip it: playfield 8, backglass 8, cabinet 7
Robotoes - I have for sale. I can bring if pre-sold. Possibly open to trades: Bon Voyage - $1k, very nice shape, new legs/levelers, locks. Old Chicago - $800, new locks. Pit Stop - $600, new locks
locksmith - Probably bringing a sweet rollergames.Game looks and plays like new.Home use since 1992.No pre sales
megalo17 - Can possible bring (1): Gottlieb Tag Team, Judge Dredd, Black Rose
splitskull - For sale my F-14. 100% working. Pinscore displays. Has a few raised inserts on kill lights. Can deliver to Allentown Pinfest if prepaid. $1600 or trade+CASH for another Williams(prefer DMD):
zacaj - Can bring a Gulfstream if anyone is interested
Butch2099 - HUO TFLE Combo I can bring to the show if prepaid. Or I'm only about 15 minutes away. If you want to see/play in person $4400. AVLE Blue $5700 less than 100 plays. Hobbit Smaug SE Just over 200 plays $7500. Will have a Space Jam ready, shopped W/LED's $1950. POTC less than 100 plays $5600 Game is Stunning. Ghostbusters Premium $6600
Mark_in_PA - Selling a NIB Lord of the Rings. PM if interested
mdelorenzo - I'm thinking about offering my T2 and Fish Tales for a 2 for 1 trade if anyone has something.
cjpins - If anyone interested I can bring a shopped and led riverboat gambler 1800 and a Fire unshopped works 100 % for 1600 will knock off 150 on package deal.
Flipperfun - Changing up the gameroom theme a bit so my Diner is on the block! I can bring to the show on Friday if we have a deal done in advance.
Stashkid13 - I have a few games I would potentially sell at PinFest: Champagne Fire!, Spanish Eyes, El Dorado, Bally Lost World. PM ME
LBJ - I have The Hobbit LE & WOZECLE. Both are HUO. I'm looking to get 7500 for WOZ & 7800 for Hobbit.I'm unable to bring them to Pinfest as I've other commitments and don't have the space to bring them unfortunately. Feel free to PM me with any questions, thanks.
PinBackpacker - I'm looking to sell a couple of my machines and may be able to bring to Allentown if a deal is worked out in advance: HUO Hobbit LE $7400, Americas Most Haunted $6300 OBO, CFTBL (LEDs, ColorDMD, MikeD Mod, Creech topper, etc), HUO Ghostbuster Premium
exflexer - Potential list of games for sale: MMr, TAF, IJ, BOP, PZ, Elektra, DM, T2, Hobbit
stefallica - Hi , I have 3 pins that I can bring to Allentown if pre sold: Amazing Spiderman in gorgeous shape with NOS backglass and Pascal board, led from cointakers. Starship Troopers in very nice condition , super bright led from cointakers. Laser war in very nice condition , super bright led from cointakers.
CJD312 - Batman Forever up for sale/trade. Can bring to Allentown on Friday $2800 OBO
rockfantasyman - I have three games for sale: Gottlieb Sinbad , 650.00. Midway Mystery Score pitch n bat 900.00. Gottlieb Quick Draw 900.00 pm for info
Shredso - Still on the fence about going. I have a super nice Safe Cracker that if it was sold I'd make the trip $7000
Monster_Bash - Medusa Asking $2450. Anyone interested in a HUO Met LE? Under 1000 plays. Basically stock...looking for $7500, Can bring to Allentown with a small deposit
tomh52722 - I am bringing my Met Pro that I brought NIB in February to the show.
AttilaK - Guys, I have a few games I am planning to bring to the show: Maverick - $1850. Apollo 13 - $3500
jkashani - Tron Pro Will bring this to Allentown if paid before hand $6900
robotron - Varkon for sale $11,000 FIRM
PiNDoCToR - Most likely at this point, it looks like I will be bringing a Gottlieb World Challenge Soccer game for freeplay and sale. Also I have a project Space Odyssey listed at $350 that I can bring if pre-paid.
Ashwood486 - Any interest in this Gottlieb Title Fight, I'm bringing it to the show Thursday and Friday. Also have a count-down, Kings of Steel, and a Chicago Coin Hula Hula.
Lovef2k - Bringing a Bally Spy Hunter for free play and sell. It WILL be there for the duration. Also I will most likely bring my restored F2K to sell at my booth. Bringing a project meteor to sell $750
monkeybug - Just pulling out a Bally Dr Who to get it ready for the floor (and possibly for sale/trade) for this year.
PoMC - I'll have Wipeout in the freeplay area both days and it probably will be available for sale. Also have Baywatch for sale, $2600 if pre-sold
ryandimx - I'll be bringing Shadow for free play.
Shredso - Firepower for sale
knockerlover - Looking to sell/trade my fully restored and upgraded Monster Bash. I've had a few trade offers, but nothing final yet. I could bring this to Allentown if someone was interested. $12,000. Also have Royal Flush EM for sale.
HoneyBadger - Centigrade 37
superJackpot - Hurdy Gurdy for sale. Will ask my friend to bring it to the show if I have a buyer.
ReplayRyan - Police Force
Ivan1496 - NIB Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons available. Has the crate and legs. Can bring to the show if there is interest. $5400
Jiggly_Martian - Have a few games within 15 minutes of the show... may bring if presold. Space Jam, Lethal weapon 3, Junkyard sample, Funhouse sample project, Monday Night football, Terminator 2 (2), Water world, Popeye, Jurassic park, JACKBOT, Metallica premium road case (nib), Bad cats ( pending a friend's decision), Silver Slugger, Bally Silverball Mania $1150 OBO
shlockdoc - I have a midway Race-Way (em) the I can bring if a deal is done prior.
mjpinballs - I will be bringing a 1980 Black Knight for free play and for sale. Has all new boards, Glass is average, play field was touched up and clear coated. Nice game asking $2250
Jive - I can bring my Checkpoint to Allentown, if I can do a presale, thanks $1200!
frunch - I'm planning on bringing a nice players-condition Nine Ball to the free play area on Friday. It will be for sale!
WARLOCK - I can bring 1 or 2 pins for freeplay and for sale or possibly trade. Firepower II and Supersonic (Zac)
RampShot11 - Bringing a monopoly for free play and for sale if anyone is s interested. Will post some better pics later. $2800 obo.
Whridlsoncestood - Mostly restored Buck Rogers. Clearcoated playfield. All new topside parts, posts, drop targets, etc. NOS plastic set. Very clean cabinet. Ni-Wumpf MPU. Backglass is decent. Some flaking in the flesh tones on the girl. Will be in freeplay for $1300. Project Big Ben $150. Project checkpoint available again $850. Also will probably bring and sell my stern Dracula, Plays well, players conditions for sure and cosmetics have had a rough life.
MattG - Just picked up a Volcano today
cjpins - I have a decent eight ball deluxe le with a nice back glass trashed playfield and decent cabinet. It works with a an altek board hooked up to it. Acid damage on original CPU is not that bad And hasn't traveled into any of components on the board. The rest of the boards are complete and in nice condition. 500 without altek and 650 with it. I also have a nice playfield overlay for the game which I can throw in for $100 can bring everything to Pinterest on Friday
Toeckeder - Checking interest, can post better pics later: Grand Lizard $1800
Brypten - I will have a nice players condition X-Files going to Allentown $1800
wolftownjeff - Sonic, very nice Cherry Bell. I am thinking about bringing this for free play. It is for sale, $850.
gpa_joe - Gauging interest would anyone going to show be interested? HUO original owner TSPP.
Anidor - I will be bringing a nice Black Rose $2,450. Also selling a documented HUO Nascar that I've had for several years, Game is perfect $3,250.
wvpinball - I am planning on bringing a nice condition Monster Bash to the free play area. It will also be for sale $8950
rob6462 - I have a Data East Hook pinball for sale in the market. I will be going to Allentown on Friday and can bring it with me. Price is $1100 firm. Also have Firepower II $950 OBO
pinrayhji - I have a HUO Game of Thrones Pro - $4450 available from my basement - 10 minutes from Pinfest - from now through next Friday. PM me, or call 610-597-8747.
docquest - I'll have a Gottlieb Sheriff for sale/trade setup in the free play area.
fastford02 - Attila The Hun (Gameplan) $725, and Agents 777 (Gameplan) $725 for sale
the96stang - Whirlwind , klondike and t3 will be FS in free play Thursday afternoon through saturday. No holds. No prices.... yet. I can haul a nice TZ with me (not putting in freeplay) for 6k.
Hutt - I have a few games that i'm selling, possible delivery to Allentown Pinfest: Twilight Zone $7600, Attack From Mars $7600, AC/DC $8400, Stern NFL Jets $4800, Shadow $3800 (will include Clearcoated Playfield for $4500), Judge Dredd $2900, Demo Man $2400
Deerlakes6 - I can bring Top hand, Kings and queens, Slick chick, Farfalla & Austin Powers. If the price is right...Send me a message and make offer
uncle_jose - Someone interested on a Target Alpha that needs a couple of hours of work? PM me for details. I can haul it to Allentown if needed,
Pinwizkid - I have an outstanding condition Black Rose for sale that I would be willing to bring to Allentown with a deposit. Asking $3000
Jesterfunhouse - I think I am going to bring my Pitch and Bat EM Game to the show Williams "FastBall". PM me if interested at $475
04barb - I'm going to the show on Friday and can bring my games for sale: Dixieland Six card bingo: Everything works on all the games, Good condition $700, Lite a Line six card $600, Malibu Beach Bingo $1500, Hyperball $900,
bjsilverballs - Playa's Earthshaker en route. $1500 OBO

A little birdie told me the High Hand and Mibs on the first line are already sold

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi,
awesome post!
i read it twice...and my pseudo is not there!
still looking for a NOS medieval Madness playfield...can pick up at the show

I don't think that post includes wanted ads (unless they are with a for sale ad too for trade perhaps)

#1621 6 years ago

We're looking for a normal circle target for djreddog 's game... assumably Steve at Mayfair should have this, right? Color/design is not a big deal for the time being but if anybody has a yellow one let me know. We need it for early Friday.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone own a Honda Odyessey? Possible to get 3 pins in the back?

I've done 4 in mine

IMG_9696 (resized).JPGIMG_9696 (resized).JPG
IMG_9702 (resized).JPGIMG_9702 (resized).JPG

IMG_9707 (resized).JPGIMG_9707 (resized).JPG

#1864 6 years ago

Game got packed but was way too busy celebrating my birthday to make it to setup, priorities are important. See you all right at opening though, I'll find a good spot to setup at!

#1951 6 years ago

Taking pre-orders on @beezleboob 's escalera with Colsond3 for after the games go back down I kid, I kid.

Great night! See you all tomorrow.

#1952 6 years ago

ibuypinballs got a cupcake!

IMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPG

#1953 6 years ago

IMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPG

#1954 6 years ago

Sounds like a terrible medical condition!

IMG_0931 (resized).PNGIMG_0931 (resized).PNG

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Anyone know who had all the project/parts games down near the doors of the flea market?

Against the wall to the left walking in was ibuypinballs / Pete but I don't think that is who you mean

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No, they were in the middle, not against the wall

Shit, his name is blanking me, his young son's name is Colin, he's friends with Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements and is in their videos a lot. Was it "Mike"? I forget.

My friend Tommy (was in the booth behind his, bald guy) apparently sold/gave him a lot of those games. Can't wait to get the friend insight on the rest of what he's (my friend) got around...

#2072 6 years ago

Jeff Moorehead, that's it.

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Rick, congratulations on the wedding!

It even looks like she's showing off the ring in the second picture

#2081 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Pinfest was absolutely amazing this year!
Thanks to everyone who helped pull it together.
Wished I played more games when I was there solo of Friday but instead elected to go on a massive parts shopping spree which was awesome!
And apologies to anyone who was attacked by my kids during the show Saturday. They were having a ball.
Such a well run event.

Looks like a VERY happy family! Love it! Glad everybody had fun.

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And not one but two Bad Girls.

I now see why you guys consumed so many shots

#2147 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Allentown. I left around 8:30 and it was raining pretty hard...

Somebody brought me a game with a tarp placed well over it (strapped of course) and it stayed completely dry. Was surprised. I guess you can't underestimate tarping done right!

#2150 6 years ago

Otaku does it again! Last non-vendor out of the building at 10:40 PM I believe but it all fit, KNEW it would! Tetris!

IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2353 (resized).JPGIMG_2353 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPG

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

That's nice that the crew gives enough time to break down and pack up. You can tell who the pros are. The tournament crew packed up and were gone before I could load 2 machines and a few boxes of parts. BTW, the folks from Mezel mods are great. They had their set up shipped from New Mexico and flew to Allentown for Pinfest, that just goes to show how great and popluar this show is becoming.

Yes, a few the vendors were still packing up when I finally headed out. I've learned it's not about your speed but how well you pack it. Everything shrinked, cardboarded, blanketed, whatever... Nothing moved a centimeter!

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My default on everyone I meet is "Chris". Joe works too.

Anything is better than calling beezleboob "Boob" in front of people who don't know his alias... can get a little awkward at times LOL

The first name thing just doesn't cut it for him though

#2217 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone was asking earlier about some video for War, and I stumbled across a few seconds in a walk through video, though it isn't a terribly exciting moment during the game:
» YouTube video

Looks exciting enough to me!

(Might have trouble finding a pal to play on the other end at 3 AM though)

#2218 6 years ago

Also, considering how bad most of the "versus" pinball machines were, that one looks pretty fun! (Looks fun regardless, though, of course)

#2223 6 years ago

I did an interview and demonstration last year for WFMZ, don't think they ever used ANY of the footage from the entire show though. Or at least I've never found it.

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Out of a few hours worth of recorded footage, a network might end up airing only 10-30 seconds of it.

Yeah, but no mention of it anywhere on the internet. So I guess it was never used at all. :O I don't think anything gets aired anymore on semi-major local networks without the internet side of it, but who knows...

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And thanks to everyone that stopped by or supported LOP this time around. Great show, other than beelzeboob trying to grab my ass. Man that guy gets frisky.

He probably took "Lights Out" Pinball literally...

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

Great show...Kudos and THANKS to Ivan and his whole staff!
This was my second show, and like last year I just came up for Friday...but, man, I really wanted to stay for Saturday. Maybe next year.
Good stuff all around in all areas. Flea Market was full of interesting stuff, vendors were outstanding, and there were some really fantastic games to be found in the free play area. (And don't get me started on the Farmer's Market....yum).
I wonder if we can't get a couple spaces in the back corner for next year and set up a Pinsiders only lounge area. We could have refreshments available, a place to sit and relax, and even as a meet-and-greet area for Pinsiders. Just a thought....

All ya need is a few hundred! (and maybe some furniture)

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

A couple of years ago, we ended up arriving pretty late and that Comfort Suites gave our room away and had to put us in a different room than I booked--for both nights. Then they told me they couldn't do anything about it, even for the second night. No compensation, no hey here's a free night on us, nothing. They even called me when I was still on my way there to confirm I still needed the type of room that I booked. They basically didn't care at all that they fked up, so I've never considered booking there since then and never will.

You should contact a higher up rep or something, jeez

#2349 6 years ago

Brought this beauty home, among others - stretched my dollar! All original CQ 1977 Gottlieb Team One in great condition. Add-a-ball version of 1975 Abra Ca Dabra. Really happy about it. I don't often whistle at pinball machines, but damn. (Scratches seen with a good eye are in the playfield glass not the playfield)

3ab1a071b196f530702cf76cf828fbfd8f37e28f (resized).jpg3ab1a071b196f530702cf76cf828fbfd8f37e28f (resized).jpg
5c0ee1081e981cff36277f138483ef19a90f23a6 (resized).jpg5c0ee1081e981cff36277f138483ef19a90f23a6 (resized).jpg

#2387 6 years ago

Vic_Camp and jrpinball sitting on what can be dubbed BIG BEN-ch. An empty Williams Big Ben cabinet doubled as a great multi-person seat/bench amidst the rows of Pinfest.

IMG_1520 (resized).JPGIMG_1520 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPGIMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPGIMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1524 (resized).JPGIMG_1524 (resized).JPG

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Do they accept EZ PASS on the Mass Pike?

I've been delightfully surprised how far away EZ-PASS is supported. Apparently they even have it down in Texas (my girlfriend's state - great place to visit, love it so much), but it isn't as much of a religion down there like it is up here and is pretty unnecessary because there isn't a toll plaza every 20 miles... (maybe it's just an NJ thing)

#2412 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

It's actually closer to 23 miles so you are getting a bargain and didn't even know it

It's worth it to see my buddy djreddog Delaware is full of very nice collectors!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.