1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I saw video from the York show that had some signage for the Allentown dates: May 5-6.

Only 6 moths away!

1 month later
#32 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Is the show a good place to buy pins? Reasonably priced?
Are most ppl buying at the show, or before hand and picking up there?

There are some good buys to be had, depending on what you're looking for.

2 weeks later
#103 7 years ago

Did you see if anyone caught the contact info in any of the walk-through videos that were uploaded to youtube?

[edit] I just went through one of the Friday walkthrough videos, but didn't spot any DM pins. Were you maybe thinking of Pintastic? There were at least two there, if I remember right, but I don't recall seeing lit buttons on the handles.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here ya go, it was at the York Show. Ryandimx is the username.
Here is the link to the game ad.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-demolition-man-williams-1994-2024

Are there any photos of the mod?

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Thank you, but I am not sure if that's the same one or not, I don't see the lighted trigger buttons.

That's the button, not sure how to make it light up around the button though, the ring around the button was lit on the demo man I am referring to.

Oh, I was thinking you could maybe stick an LED behind it somehow since the button seemed like it might have been a little translucent.

If it was the ring that was lit, maybe a clear washer was used?

[edit]: Maybe you should start a new thread about it. Someone might see it and know how it was done. I'm starting to get curious now, lol

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's right, you have a demo man too I think, if I remember correctly. I'll figure it out, I just didn't feel like tearing the triggers apart just yet. But I think you're probably on to something with using a clear washer. I just got done with a complete teardown, clean, wax and re-assembly of the top of the play field tonight so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Yep, but I haven't started on it yet.

1 week later
#143 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Anyone doing board work there? I need some NVRAM installed.

I can help out if nobody else is officially doing this in the vendor booths (which I don't think has been the case at allentown). I usually bring many of my tools and soldering equipment. As long as you already have the NVRAM, I can desolder the RAM and install a socket for the NVRAM.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Also the farmers market food is totally over rated. It's only that good compared to the food at the venue. Not many other close options though.

Where have you been eating? The pizza place near the entrance? There are quite a lot of good options beyond that. I usually wander for a half hour trying to decide.

1 week later
#264 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

As for the auction I'm in the middle. I feel that if there's an auction, buyers premium and commission can't be any higher than 10% with no reserve; as like the other person said the majority of the pins in free play r already for sale. So Ivan, I suggest that u email all of the vendors and free play people and conduct a survey to see if anyone would even be willing to participate (as both buyers and sellers and get their own advice) because if it won't be big, it won't be successful. If many reply saying they will participate then the next step is planning the auction. If not many r interested, than don't do it at all as it'll be a fail and a waste of $. As a flea market vendor, we probably won't participate unless the comission is really reasonable; as we could just sell the pins our selves in our booth. But that's just my opinion; 50/50.
-Michael Schnoll
[email protected], PinballWizard01 on YouTube, antiqueslots.com, Antique Slots on Facebook.

The games on the free play floor are typically shopped/restored. Games at auctions are (more often than not) unshopped, and they might or might not even be in working order. Basically, most end up being projects, and wouldn't belong on the free play floor.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There are several vendors that bring unshopped/project games but they ususally end up in the back of the building or outside.

Yes, I was just saying what typically shows up at a pin auction.

Quoted from djreddog:

Other users have mentioned that other pinball shows have a free play/for sale area as well as an auction. How do they pull it off?

Pintastic had an auction this past year. It was mainly vids and jukes, but there were 4 project pins (two working, two not). All the games were set up in a separate room available for viewing until the auction began.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Argosy, jungle King (?)

Hmm...I don't remember seeing those at the auction preview, and they don't appear to be in any of my event photos. If they were there, maybe they were late arrivals? I dunno.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They were next to each other, to the right as you walked in. With the jukes. Did you not come in till after the auction was over? They did leave quickly...
I was high bidder on Argosy, but didn't meet reserve, so the owner put it in the free play area after.

I was there at the start, but wasn't really interested in bidding on much of anything. But now that you mention it, I sort of remember those pins there.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

A tad irrelevant to the discussion at hand but a valuable point: At the York Show and others, yes, but I feel Pinfest is plagued with people who bring their shitshow of a game just to get free admission or sell it off. 85% of the games are still playable/nice but man I've seen some real sorry sights on the Pinfest floor before.
I remember one particularly that was in incredibly rough shape and when it ended up burning itself up towards the end of the show instead of fixing it the guy just dropped the price, left it lit up, and literally cut the leads to the start button. (coin door was open/unlocked)

Sure, there are going to be a couple games that aren't quite up to snuff, but most people aren't like that.

And sometimes when a game goes down, it's just bad luck. Plenty of people have had show day horror stories. I've been found myself trying to chase down a new issue more than once on games I've brought.

But luckily, there are plenty of parts, boards, and knowledgeable folks who are more than happy to help get a game back up and running if it's beyond an owner's ability to diagnose and repair.

If I see that look of confusion/exaspiration/dispair with someone who has a backbox open or playfield up, I usually stop by and ask if they're having trouble with their game and if they could use a hand. Sometimes I can help, sometimes not. And if not, I try to help them find someone else more familiar with their game or system who might be able to.

3 weeks later
#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Also considering bringing either my 1980 Gottlieb Counterforce or my Theatre of Magic.
Counterforce-
Plays perfectly, all bulbs switched to LEDs, Swemmer CPU board, Wi-numph driver board (40-pin ribbon cable interconnect between the two boards).
Only issue is a couple playfield bulbs aren't lighting 100%. Could be a ground issue? I haven't done any ground mods.
ToM-
Full topside/bottom side shop job (new rubber/coil sleeves/switches/etc). Full LEDs (Comet). Pinball Pro speakers/woofer. New Leon trunk board. Aluminum interrupter. Tiger saw mod (uninstalled). Lots and lots more.
PM with any questions.
-Ran

Counterforce rarely surfaces. I'd like to put a few games on that one if you end up bringing it. As for the bulb issue, it could be a flaky socket. Try replacing one and see if that gets you anywhere.

But, obviously, TOM is a much more popular title, so I image it will get a lot more plays if you brought it to the show.

2 weeks later
#556 7 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Here is a fully working Bally Brown Box Display Tester. This will test 6-digit Bally and Stern displays. It has also been modified to be able to test 7-digit Bally and Stern displ...”
2017-04-04
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 225 times
Contributed to Pinside

#585 7 years ago

Looking for projects:

Williams Comet with a good cab & backglass. Dead or alive. Playfield wear doesn't matter.
Atari Time 2000. At minimum, looking for an empty cabinet body, legs, and lockbar receiver to build a working game out of the parts I already have collected, but I'll take a complete/incomplete game if that's an option.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#791 7 years ago

Looking for:

A decent T2 cabinet
A decent Demolition Man backbox. If you also have the light panel insert, I'd be interested in that too.
A decent Demolition Man translite

Also:
A project Comet, dead or alive. Playfield condition doesn't matter.
A project Atari Time 2000 or empty cabinet body (with legs & lockbar receiver)

#916 7 years ago

I completely understand the reservations people have about bringing their expensive, mint, HUO games to shows and don't fault them for not wanting to bring them.

It's like bringing a brand new Ferrari to show and letting anyone off the street take it for a test drive.

For those who do bring their mint HUO games to shows, thank you.

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I get your point, but it's not even close to your analogy. If someone plays the pin TOO hard it will tilt, game over. These are meant to be played by the masses.

Going with the analogy, the cops would pull the driver over

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

For those new to these shows, what do you do if interested in buying a pin, but you're only going to be there on Friday. Is the seller obliged to keep the pin on the floor for the entire event, or can the pin be released if a buyer wants to take it home?

http://www.pinfestival.com/rules.html

We understand that rare or otherwise unique circumstances may require an early dismissal of a free play game that is also for sale. Anyone designated for free play who wishes to exercise this right is subject to a $40 penalty for early withdrawal. It is not the goal of show management to take advantage of this specific situation but to deter those whose desires are less than urgent

Wow, I didn't realize the fee got jacked up to $40 this year.

It doesn't say what time the games can be removed without a fee. I almost think it was 6PM last year, but I may be mistaken.

#1119 7 years ago

Prepping this rarity for the show...

20170422144729561-1 (resized).jpg20170422144729561-1 (resized).jpg

#1186 7 years ago

It looks like I'll be bringing a few things for the flea market:

-used Sinbad playfield (SS version)
-used T2 playfield (some kickout wear and scratches on the auto-fire insert)
-used JD playfield (no insert wear)
-JD playfield ball guides
-JD playfield backboard with a nice decal
-JD gold eagle topper with bracket
-some Cue Ball Wizard playfield parts
-a couple parts catalogs
-a few playfield parts & various Gottlieb plastics
-a small antique rivet press (will need rivet dies)
-A few untested arcade boards--might be good 74LS00-series chip donor boards.

I'll probably be clearing out a few more odds & ends after I rummage around some more.

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

pachinko as is-75.00. I just bought it saturday for 75 bucks then i got it home it quickly occurred to me... I have never seen one of these in working order so my ability to recognize the problem or if there are missing parts is...not ideal. the playfield is in great condition and nothing on the fron appears to be damaged. It turns on and lights up when you plug it in but the balls launcher thing doesnt work. i wanted one more as a decoration (but it has to work too). It says pinball on it and it's not covered with japanese fuggin cartoons so I bought it.

If you haven't done so already, tackle it like a pin. Check and re-seat the connectors, check for cracked solder joints, especially on the header pins, check the socketed chips and sockets for problems/tarnish. Check the 5v line to make sure it's actually 5v. Also make sure the mechanisms aren't jammed up. After that, if you don't notice anything obvious, you may need a manual to go further.

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Looking for a new metal backglass lift channel and trim for bally / stern SS backglasses. There was a guy at the show years ago that made and sold them. Is he still around?

Contact Gatecrasher before the show.

#1278 7 years ago

Did someone say...beer for miners?

#1385 6 years ago

Is there anyone in or near Yorktown, VA who might be willing to grab this lot of Baby Pacman parts and bring it to Allentown? I'd hate to see these parts go to waste, and could use a few of them myself:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-lot-of-baby-pac-man-parts-playfield-boards

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...im bumming out. As of now, it looks like another year of shitty weather for Allentown.

Bummer.

https://www.wunderground.com/us/pa/allentown

Screenshot_2017-04-29-12-12-04-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-29-12-12-04-1 (resized).png

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

So being trapped indoors playing pinball with your friends for three days is a bad thing?

I don't like to be loading/unloading stuff in the rain

#1447 6 years ago

Back together and freshly shopped

20170429204023174 (resized).jpg20170429204023174 (resized).jpg

#war

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from fastford02:

Will be there Thursday through Saturday. I have the following games for sale.

Machine - For Sale
Attila the HunNew!Shopped “Here is a Gameplan game that does not come up often for sale. It has been in my game room collection for 7 years. Fully working game. It has factory mylar on the playfield. Plastic...”
44 minutes ago Oswego, NY 725 (OBO)
fastford02

Machine - For Sale
Agents 777New!Shopped “This is a game that does not come up for sale often. I have had it in my game room for about 6 years now. It plays very fast and everything works. Original boardset. The cabinet is...”
51 minutes ago Oswego, NY 725 (OBO)
fastford02

I'll look forward to seeing these. You don't get a chance to play gameplan games too often

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from fastford02:

I won't have these set up for free play as I have already registered a really nice Bally Star Trek and a super nice Gottlieb Ship Ahoy.

aw

#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

forceflow Do you have any knowledge on this subject?

Sorry, nope. No idea. I had thought Stern held them.

#1678 6 years ago

Loading up the pin hauler. Did I use enough plastic?

20170503151657235 (resized).jpg20170503151657235 (resized).jpg

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Is there a cocktail pin hidden under that shrink wrap? It's hard to tell?

Could be

Quoted from Electrocute:

Something came up, can't make it. Someone is happy, cancelled my reservation at Comfort Suites. Hope to make it in 2018.

#1706 6 years ago

https://www.wunderground.com/us/pa/allentown

Thursday looks clear for setup.

Looks like a downpour & thunderstorm all day Friday

Early Saturday morning looks clear, but mid-morning through the evening until 8PM looks like rain

Sunday looks perfectly clear. Sigh.

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

You can always pre sell on a condition game stays till the end of the show. I can't be bothered to drag down my trailer in hopes. Pre sale, or I don't bother going.. all my friends are the same way... different story if your local i guess.. enjoy the show everyone!

That's kind of a shame, though. There are plenty of buyers who aren't necessarily plugged into the online pinball community.

I bring games without pre-selling. If it sells, it sells, if not, you've still made the show better for having it there.

#1831 6 years ago

Well, they kicked everyone out for the night, but in summary:

The number and variety of games so far is really good. Some common favorites as well as interesting and rare titles.

I got a chance to see Houdni up close, and it looks interesting. The line for that one will probably be as long as the line for TBL has been when that game was being shown.

There is also quite a bit of stuff and project games set up at the flea market.

#1834 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “This game is on the free play floor at Allentown. Viza War is a head-to-head 2-player cocktail pin. There was an estimated 100-200 games produced. This game is fully shopped and ...”
2017-05-05
Allentown, PA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 442 times

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Dang it Force, I'm trying really hard not to buy any pins this year but that looks so sweet.

Thanks, there's been a lot of interest in it so far. Lots of folks have been having a blast playing it. It's been fun to watch them go at it.

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I don't need nice weather to play pinball. It's not like we're going to see a baseball game.

Rain makes loading/unloading difficult and pretty much kills the outdoor flea market.

#1943 6 years ago

FYI about the playfield glass for sale:

The standard size glass has a logo/marking/"bug" on it.

I don't know if all the sheets of glass have it, but if you're going to buy a sheet, be sure to check it, especially if you know that you don't want it on the glass.

#1944 6 years ago

I've been trying to get a hulk up and running (all day...sigh) for free play, so if anyone has any ideas about a slam switch & switch issue I'm battling right now, feel free to chime in

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys1-slam-switch-matrix-issue

[Edit]: fixed, yay

#2002 6 years ago

Kids are having a blast with that hercules. The younger ones have to pretty much hug the game to play it.

20170506113051678 (resized).jpg20170506113051678 (resized).jpg

20170506112945661 (resized).jpg20170506112945661 (resized).jpg

20170506113020948 (resized).jpg20170506113020948 (resized).jpg

#2010 6 years ago

Found:

Creature decal. Someone dropped it in my flea market space. If it's yours, give me a holler.

20170506154419218 (resized).jpg20170506154419218 (resized).jpg

#2054 6 years ago

Final break-down. Hard to believe the place was filled with couple hundred games only a few hours ago.
20170506212245284 (resized).jpg20170506212245284 (resized).jpg
20170506212251907 (resized).jpg20170506212251907 (resized).jpg

I had a good time catching up with folks and meeting others for the first time. I'm completely tuckered out, but can't wait till next year

#2056 6 years ago

On the bottom of an atari space riders

20170506101842980 (resized).jpg20170506101842980 (resized).jpg

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great to see you, too...and thanks for the depressing pictures.

Sorry I'll post some fun ones shortly

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did you ever get that Hulk working?

Yep I put it on the free play floor first thing saturday morning, and with the exception of some down time to repair a stripped hole for a post, it was flipping until the bitter end of the show.

#2068 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, did anyone measure the voltage coming out of the outlets?

I know my game behaved slightly different than when I had it at home. For example when the game (Viza War) is turned off, the sound emits garbled effects and tones that slowly die over the course of 7 second or so, which I assumed happened as the capacitors discarged. At the show, it happened in 2-3 seconds.

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Any chance it could have been low voltage on certain circuits, because a game I had in free play worked and played great with strong flippers. But, when I was playing in other areas of the building, I experienced several games with weak flippers also.

No idea. My game seemed to play the same, so I didn't look too much into it.

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Dude:

My friend Jason from Canada (who won the tournament on Saturday) bought that, and within a few minutes of the game being set up on Thursday, so you likely had no chance! Very rare to see a fully working/complete Atari in a show, and you gotta give it out to Jason who's been looking for one for a while and scored it and_ the 1st place finish in one weekend!

Quoted from Jive:

Ah, very cool then! I thought it looked like it had been shopped, so I wondered why it had $200 on it. I had a mint Airborne Avenger a couple years back that I regret selling. Special place in my heart for those pins.

There were two space riders at the show?

I bought the one that was in the vendor area with the graffiti on the bottom panel.

I did see an atari airborne avenger out on the free play floor. Were you thinking of that one?

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from njpinballfan:

Went yesterday with my son, we had a great time, it was more crowded than we expected. Games we liked best: Black Hole and Williams High Speed. Really bummed there was not one Gorgar, Pinbot or Haunted House.....

There was an HH there on Friday.

#2213 6 years ago

I saw this really nice restored Joker Poker. It was a real treat to play an older game that looked and played like it was brand new.

2017-05-08 01_56_36-Clipboard (resized).jpg2017-05-08 01_56_36-Clipboard (resized).jpg20170506185221294 (resized).jpg20170506185221294 (resized).jpg2017-05-08 01_57_19-Clipboard (resized).jpg2017-05-08 01_57_19-Clipboard (resized).jpg

#2216 6 years ago

Someone was asking earlier about some video for War, and I stumbled across a few seconds in a walk through video, though it isn't a terribly exciting moment during the game:

#2219 6 years ago

It has a 1-player mode, though it's much more fun with two players.

#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I watched a couple of little dudes - not sure if they were brothers or what but both under ten - have the absolute best time playing that game. It put a huge grin on my face. I meant to say 'hi' Force but every time I saw you, you looked like you were on a mission. Thanks for bringing it.

Haha, that's awesome, wish I saw them going at it.

If you saw me on Friday, I was probably hunting for some parts to get Hulk up and running. Wish you would've said hi, though--I would've liked to say hi back

#2222 6 years ago

Some news coverage:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/allentown/mc-pictures-pinfest-2017-spring-pinball-show-20170505-photogallery.html

And War made an appearance

mc-pictures-pinfest-2017-spring-pinball-show-2-027 (resized).jpgmc-pictures-pinfest-2017-spring-pinball-show-2-027 (resized).jpg

#2224 6 years ago

Out of a few hours worth of recorded footage, a network might end up airing only 10-30 seconds of it.

1 week later
#2429 6 years ago

Sorry to hear. This isn't the first time I've heard of the comfort inn bungling things up this year or in the last couple years. I avoid the place entirely.

One random mixup with rooms can be an honest mistake. But these mistakes keep happening, so someone (or a bunch of people) are really doing a poor job there.

It really sucks that what is supposed to be a fun trip gets tarnished because the hotel fails miserably at the one job they are supposed to do well.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Oh cool, I told her to tell you that but didn't think she would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.95
£ 195.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.