1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I'll be bringing another load of backglasses, woodrail legs, coin boxes, metal legs, metal back doors, etc and a couple dozen project machines to the indoor flea market again this year. No list or anything until about two weeks before the show. Same space as the past couple years back in the corner by the bathrooms.
This years my load may be limited by trailer size unless I decide to rent storage in Allentown and move some machines into the Allentown area ahead of time. No shortage of machines & parts to sell just limited on how much I can move with a smaller trailer. Two spaces will be rented again - I just need to figure out how to move more stuff to Allentown once show gets a little closer.
Can't wait until show is actually underway. Hopefully this year will be better than last as far as set up day! I know I'll check in with Ivan ahead of time this year instead of waiting around 5 hours to get unloaded. I know last year was not his fault but it was disappointing to get their at noon and not be able to get into the building until after 5 PM.

too-many-pins and ibuypinballs have you thought about renting a storage unit for two months (April and May)? Many storage unit places offer short term leases. You could store a full load in April, bring up a full load the day of the show resulting in twice the merchandise! You could probably make enough profit off one extra sale to pay the storage fee. After the show if you still have more than you can take home you store that excess at the storage unit, and then pick it up in a week or two after the show.

Could we get a local Pinsider like Gatecrasher Butch2099 or hoby1 can research local storage units for the forum.

John

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

John, great idea but may work better for Skip than myself. I always seem to squeeze everything in the trailer and truck. If I had I could always run back being I am just over an hour from the show. Haven't done a lot with pinball in the last several month, my father is terminally ill and have been spending as much time with him as possible. Even if I don't pick up any machines between now and the show I will still have a full packed trailer. Pete.

Pete,
sorry to hear about your father.

John

#214 7 years ago

No Mariner at this point but I am hoping to get into the "main warehouse load of machines" I am buying before the Allentown Show so there is always a chance! I know there isn't any in the first unit I am currently working on but I have not even seen the other unit yet.

John,
I had actually seriously considered that last year and that is likely what I'll be doing this year. I sold my 'bigger" trailer last year and just picked up a beautiful 6x12 single axle trailer this week but the 6x12 will cut my load size almost in half. So local storage is likely my only choice for 2017 unless I rent a U-haul truck but I know storage will be cheaper than a U-haul. Plus with my warehouse deal I'll need more short term storage anyway.
I never worry about having too much stuff to bring home in one load because ever year I have sold at least 80% of the machines I have taken to the show and all most all the legs, backglasses, etc. So it is really just more about getting extras to the show than anything else.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Skip,
you are welcome. I hope that you end up bringing some classic Sterns projects to the show. I will make sure that I stop by your booth. Let me know if you need any help with the loading down south.

John

#222 7 years ago

No Mariner at this point but I am hoping to get into the "main warehouse load of machines" I am buying before the Allentown Show so there is always a chance! I know there isn't any in the first unit I am currently working on but I have not even seen the other unit yet.

BenTheCartoon Pinsider jackblotto posted yesterday that he has a Mariner project for sale in the "What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread."

1 week later
#272 7 years ago

Wanted to buy at Allentown:

Seawitch
Star Gazer
Nine Ball
Quicksilver
Dragonfist
Meteor

Looking for projects or player machines. Thanks.

#289 7 years ago

I would suggest running the auction early on Saturday. When I ran a CCG business we had three large gaming conventions a year and there would be an auction on the last day that started at 10AM. When the auction ended around 1-2 PM all the people that were looking for a bargain at the auction, but didn't buy anything, started shopping the dealer room not wanting to go home empty handed.

My main concern with running an auction at the end of Saturday is that people will hold onto their money all weekend hoping to get a really good deal in the auction, not win anything, and be disappointed in what remains available from the vendors. Then the dealers are unhappy because sales were poor, and the auction bidders are unhappy because they didn't buy anything either.

John

1 week later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Looking for an Astro. Must be in working condition. Will be in the flea market on Friday only.
-Michael Schnoll
[email protected], PinballWizard01 on YouTube, antiqueslots.com, and Antique Slots on Facebook.

Schnollms a Facebook member in RI posted in the Facebook Pinball Machines for Sale group that he has an Astro EM for sale

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Does anybody know who does the awards (and if that is still happening), like best original, best restoration, etc.? I assume there's some way to enter unless they just go through the whooooolllleeee show. Thanks!

Ivan1496 ?

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I just snagged the last room at the holiday inn express for May 5th. Better book your rooms guys!

I just booked a room at the Wingate, and they have more available rooms.

#322 7 years ago

I am intersted in a Seawitch, Quicksilver, Nine Ball, Star Gazer, Dragonfist, Catacomb, Split Second or Bally Atlantis if anyone is planning on bringing any of these.

1 week later
#405 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Counterforce rarely surfaces. I'd like to put a few games on that one if you end up bringing it. As for the bulb issue, it could be a flaky socket. Try replacing one and see if that gets you anywhere.
But, obviously, TOM is a much more popular title, so I image it will get a lot more plays if you brought it to the show.

I would like to play the Counterforce as well. It has a unique rule set. You said that you haven't done the ground modifications recommended for the system 80 games. I suggest doing that and replacing the socket. The game not being grounded may the cause of why the socket went bad, and may cause more issues down the road.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The wait for pinfest is a killer.
May 2017 is gonna rule.
May 4 - Guardians of the Galaxy
May 5 & 6 - Pinfest
May 11 - Birthday
May 18 - Alien
May 25 - Pirates of Caribbean
May 29 - Memorial Day

Celebrate your birthday early by buying two pins; the one you were going to buy anyways, plus one for your birthday!

1 week later
#473 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I can bring this if presold. Have a couple of nibbles so far. 5300.00

$5300 for all five pins? I'll take that deal anytime!

1 week later
#604 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Will there be glass sold this year? Just the plain stuff, nothing fancy. Don't remember who sold it last year. I bought one then; I'll need two this year.

I think that Marco brings glass, but stores it in a trailer outside. You could call them to see if they are bringing any this year.

#606 7 years ago

Wanted to buy at Allentown:

#Star Gazer
Quicksilver
#Nine Ball
Dragonfist
Meteor
#Bally Frontier
#Williams Sorcerer
#Bally Atlantis

Looking for projects or player machines. I am open to other classic Stern titles, but the ones listed are my preference. Thanks.

1 week later
#810 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Perhaps at 3am but I wouldn't expect it. Its 82 degrees right now.

The deals on pins will be even hotter!

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Maybe your right but I do know that u-haul is not the way to go. The mileage fee is the killer. Budget and Enterprise have always been more reasonable for me. Just a suggestion.

When I was looking at renting a truck Enterprise and Budget gave the first x miles free, and all three (including uhaul) stated online to call for special rates. Hertz also rents trucks.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from LBJ:

Join the club lol!

We should start a "looking for a Star Gazer in any condition" support group.

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Roadway is where it's at... $52 a night and who know's what else is included.

ejacques Hotels.com has $60/night rooms at Days Hotel Allentown Airport (4.2 miles from fairgrounds), Wingate $90/night (3.2 miles from airport).

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

Someone may have a pin that they want a guaranteed sale so they know they can buy another pin at the show. If they just brought a game set it on free play and hoped that it would sell they might not sell the pin and have to take home the pin that they wanted to get rid of, plus not bring home a new pin.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

If anyone buys a pin for hundreds or thousands of dollars, the $40 penalty for early withdrawal is more than reasonable since there is no consignment fee. eBay consignment fee is 10% and so are most auctions so unless you are selling a machine for less than $400 it's still not that big of a deal for the buyer or even the seller.
Personally, I ALWAYS require that if a buyer wants to remove a pin they purchased from me early that they pay the penalty since it's up to them. They can wait until the end of the day and pay no penalty.
It's almost unbelievable how cheap some people are though. They get in for free, sell a machine and then whine about $40.
The $40 early withdrawal fee is the right thing to have in the best interest of the show and shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Without it some people would abuse the system and the show would suffer.

I agree with everything that you said above. I would only add that the real reason for the penalty is so that people don't pull the machines early leaving the room half empty in the early afternoon. The show promoters don't want customers to come in and feel that they didn't get a chance to play a good variety of machines. You walk in the room at 9AM and there are 500 machines, but by 3PM there are only 200 machines left in the show to play.

#1007 7 years ago

It sounds like everyone had different experiences with last years policy, or if they weren't affected by the policy they still feel passionately about it. We can all disagree about something but still be civil. Remember, someday you may need help from someone else, and this is a small community.

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

I have an El Dorado and Atlantis both in nice condition. I was planning on bringing them on Friday for free play/sale, but I can't stay the whole time now and I would have to rent a truck to get them there. If anyone is interested in either one feel free to contact me. Sorry they won't be set up for all to play.

Phillips88 Is that a Bally Atlantis?

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What's the rule at tpf? Do they also have a fee? Or is it just not allowed?

I was at TPF and the reason that no one was pulling pins was that they were overpriced. Here are examples:

Sorcerer - beat cabinet faded paint, bottom half of playfield missing 75% of its paint. Didn't play very well, weak flippers, etc. Value $300 project. Asking price $1400.

Bally Atlantis beautifully restored. Not perfect but a really 9 of 10. Value $1000. Asking price $2300

Pharaoh beautifully professionally restored example. High gloss finished playfield. Looked like a brand new nib pin. Value $1500 Asking price $3700

There were 4-5 pins in the $5-6k value and asking was fair priced for these few pins.

The Dallas market is a collector market and they have a buy sell Facebook page. Anything priced fairly sells within an hour. Pins for sale don't last long enough to be brought to shows.

#1245 7 years ago

Ivan1496 will anyone be doing any board work during the show?

#1252 7 years ago

Revenge From Mars

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Doesn't look to be as bad as last year, though, so maybe we'll get lucky.

So being trapped indoors playing pinball with your friends for three days is a bad thing?

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from BenTheCartoon:

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere, but is there a reason to pre-register as an attendee? This will be my first year going, but I'm not bringing a game (although I do hope to buy). Will I be turned away if I haven't registered?

BenTheCartoon I think that if you preregistered by a certain date you received a discounted rate. If you buy my players Getaway I will refund your entry fee!

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

benthecartoon I think that if you preregistered by a certain date you received a discounted rate. If you buy my players Getaway I will refund your entry fee!

Oops. I linked to the wrong Getaway. Mine is a HIgh Speed 2 Getaway.

#1556 6 years ago

WTB

Star Gazer
Seawitch
Quicksilver
Nine Ball
Dragonfist
Meteor
Sorcerer
Frontier
Barracora
Embryon
Fireball 2

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I wish I had about a half dozen old Stern Star Gazers, I could make some serious change. Everybody's looking for one.
Dumb question: who owns the rights to Star Gazer, Gary Stern or Planetary Pinball? Would a Star Gazer Remake sell enough to make the run worthwhile? Sorry for the off topic post.

Steve Young told me that no one owns the rights to the old Stern company that closed in 1984.

ForceFlow Do you have any knowledge on this subject?

greatwichjohn Are you paying liscencing fees on any of the old Stern products (pre 1985).

#1652 6 years ago

I just got home from dropping my "last" load of machines headed to Allentown Storage a few minutes ago so at this point here is a list of what "should" be headed to Allentown Show that is already in Allentown Storage Units. I say "should" because our flea market space will only hold so many machines and with weather being less than perfect it will just depend on how much I can get moved into the show from the Allentown storage units. I am hoping all of the machines listed will make it to the show by sometime Friday (otherwise I wasted time & money moving them to Allentown) but only time will tell. Here is the "final" list:
4 Aces
Air Aces
Alien Poker
Black Knight
Buck Rogers
Close Encounters
Demo Man
Doctor Who
Dodge City
Eight Ball
El Toro
Elektra
Fashion Show
Festival
Firepower II
Flash Gordon
Future Spa
Future Spa
Galaxy
Grand Prix
Hulk
Jet Spin
Last Action Hero
Maverick
Mr & Mrs Pac Man
Mr & Mrs Pac Man
Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera
Phoenix
Pioneer
Pin Bot
Playland Bingo
Rescue 911
Rescue 911
Scorpion
Silver Slugger
Silver Slugger
Six Million Dollar Man
Space Mission
Space Shuttle
Space Time
Spanish Eyes
Stargate
Stingray
Street Fighter II
Time Warp
Wizard
Wizard
World Cup
Anything listed twice is two of that title! I'll also be loading some additional machines into my trailer when we head over tomorrow afternoon (actually later today since it is already "tomorrow"). I am not sure exactly what those will be yet but list could include a very nice El Dorado City of Gold, Silverball Mania, Strikes & Spares, Sorcerer, and a couple others. It just depends on what we can get to before it is time to head over.
PLEASE do not email asking me for condition - prices - to hold specific machines - etc. I doubt if I'll be back on line between now and when we head to the show. Way too much to get done yet to "waste" time messing around on the computer.
Sorry it took me so long to get this posted but I have been working day and night almost a month now trying to get these machines moved home for NC & VA and to get them cleaned up a little for the show then moving them to storage in Allentown.
Thanks,
Skip

Please bring the Sorcerer.

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Loading up the pin hauler. Did I use enough plastic?

Is there a cocktail pin hidden under that shrink wrap? It's hard to tell?

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from rocketman:

Looking for these back doors and I know its late but I'm hopeful
1964 Gottlieb Big Top 2 player, 27 5/8" wide x 25" high, this is the kind with the outside flange facing out (not sure how else to describe). I looked on ipdb and didn't see many back door pics but looks like 2 players from 1961 Flying Circus to Hi Dolly in 1965 are the same.
1969 Spin-A-Card/Hearts and Spades, 21 7/16" wide x 24 9/16" high, I know this is a tough one to find as only used on these single player pins with the square head and fluted vertical trim.
Thanks,
David

rocketman Look in the "Official 2017 Texas Pinball Festival" thread. pinsider Mk1Mod0 of Pinside shop Third Coast Pinball makes EM back doors in custom sizes to order.

John

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Made a deal with bluespin to buy his Getaway, picked up the uhaul trailer.. 40 minutes into our drive I get a email that John decided to keep his game.. That blows, dropped the trailer off and back home... Cancelled my reservation as well at Ramada if anyone needs a room. There was a cancellation fee so Uhaul and Ramada at least got some money. oh well, part of the hobby i guess. Would have been my first show, maybe next year. Enjoy everyone!

I tried work out a deal with you. Twice in this forum and three times privately you said that you wouldn't come to the show unless a seller accepted a down payment. The second time that you offered me a PayPal payment I explained that I rarely use PayPal and couldn't remember the password. I offered to hold the pin for you until an hour after the show opened Friday so that you could inspect it and throw on a few games. You send a third message that you offered to send a wire transfer, but still didn't want to come to the show without a deposit being taken. At that point I think you had sent maybe 10-15 messages in a two day period.

After all this I decided to cancel my interest in selling the pin, and no we never agreed on the terms. There are a lot of great pins to play, and a lot of them are for sale. I did see another Getaway at the show, a really nice Black Rose, and a lot of other nice dmd games that were setup with for sale signs. There are plenty of games from all eras for sale here so please come down, play some pinball, make some new friends, and maybe take home a new pin.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Woohoo. Major accident on 81n in WV. I swear. 35mins to go 2 miles. I'm a heartbeat away from calling it a day.

I drove 16 hours from GA to be at the show, two road construction closures and a major accident shut down the 85 north yesterday, and the battery on my car died on me two days after I bought the car used.

You can do this, just take your time and be safe.

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Does anyone know if there's still a decent amount of games in the Free Play area or did most of them get sold and leave last night? Also, is there less traffic on Saturday than Friday? I'm trying to gauge if it's worth a return trip today.

I didn't see many pins leaving yesterday, and few new ones coming in late in the afternoon. People tend to drop their prices around 5:00 so they won't have to take them home. Definately come to the show!

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Did anyone buy that project Secret Service or that Globetrotters in the back corner? What were they going for?
Was bummed SS wasn't working, wanted to give that a try - man, those early DataEast machines feel so solid! Noticed that about Robocop.
Also that Globetrotters in the freeplay area, I wanted badly to try that but it looked like a broken down car sitting in a car graveyard each time I passed it!!!???
-Nate

Pinball_Nate I played the Harlem Globetrotters in the corner of the indoor swap meet and it played great. I think he was asking $1100-1200 for it. I don't know if he sold it. I know that Skip at too-many-pins had a Secret Service project for sale. You should ask him if he still has it. There were two other dealers selling projects and one had a Secret Service for sale. Unfortunately I don't know their names or contact info.

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

We stayed at the comfort inn Lehigh valley west. It was recently renovated (despite the old room pics online) and therefore was very clean. The room still kind of smelled like paint meaning it was fresh. Soft beds and a full breakfast. Friendly workers and very quite at night. Even though it was a lot further from the agriplex than I thought it was i'd definitely stay there again.
As for show security, i understand it may have seemed over the top in the main hall even though the dude in the flea market room seemed pretty chill. However it is a show rule that the wristband should be displayed. So if it isn't I assume they're inclined to check.

Schnollms Were you the vendor with the project Secret Service in the center of the indoor swap meet? Did you sell it?

3 weeks later
#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Irvs definition of working is not the definition that we think of when we hear "working" therefore I'm very sorry he sold u a broken pin. Please don't take this out on me or anyone who we shared the booth with. There were 4 people including me who shared the booth but all of the project pins were irvs. I'm not sure why I said "our project pins" I should not have said that and was probably referring to our merchandise in general and i apologize for any confusion on that. Aside from me feeling bad about a sale that he messed up on I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry about what happend but your talking to the wrong person.

Schnollms
I suggest that you send a pm to duanesmallman with the seller's contact information; email, phone#, Pinside id.

3 weeks later
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Days Inn is a dump. HI Express right next to Comfort Suites is pretty good.

I stayed at the Wingate which is on the other side of the freeway from CS an HI, about half a mile away. Rooms were very clean but the bathroom had some issues; old cracked tiles with old grout, toilet seat "touched up" with white paint. I will look into the HI and Ramada for next year, but the Wingate is still an ok option.

#2503 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Don't forget we are planning on securing the empty "game room" next to the bar to setup a few pins, and crank some music into the wee hours of the night.

Then I will definately book a room at the Ramada!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=bluespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.