1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1026 6 years ago

Bringing a Bally Spy Hunter for free play and sell. It WILL be there for the duration. Also I will most likely bring my restored F2K to sell at my booth. High end resto 2015 Pinfest show winner.

1 week later
#1538 6 years ago

Bringing a project meteor to sell. I just installed a new rectifier board in it. It boots reliably and sound works. All coils work, no switch errors. Displays all work. Flippers work but are sloppy, need new bushings at the very least. Cab is a little rough, pf has wear at the rockets and upper flipper. Back glass flaking, mostly in the yellow area. $750, will be set up to play in Allentown.

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Was this the one for sale in Manasquan NJ last week?

No but I was thinking of getting that one but I missed it.

#1865 6 years ago

stop by and say hi. I would like to meet some of the Pinsiders I have spoke to on this group. I have the restored F2K next to the tounament booth..

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

2017 Best Restoration winner Redeyes with his BK2K. I saw him loading this machine into the back of a pick up with nothing but a tarp protecting it from the elements. That kind of deadication to bring games for free play is the kind of thing these ribbons were created to recognize.

Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Allentown. I left around 8:30 and it was raining pretty hard...

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ivan and his crew did an amazing job as always! I'm excited to see Ivan a lot more relaxed at Pintastic. Great to see everyone at Allantown. Gabe

+1. What a great show! I can't wait until next year. F2K didn't sell but I have no regrets. I will set her up in the game room for good now unless somebody offers me silly money. I hope to bring a restored 81 EBD next year. Possibly 2.

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Somebody brought me a game with a tarp placed well over it (strapped of course) and it stayed completely dry. Was surprised. I guess you can't underestimate tarping done right!

True but I brought a BOPP to York a few years ago that I shrink wrapped like a mummy and it still got wet. It poured all day that year. Maybe I should have used a trap along with the shrink wrap.

#2151 6 years ago

That's nice that the crew gives enough time to break down and pack up. You can tell who the pros are. The tournament crew packed up and were gone before I could load 2 machines and a few boxes of parts. BTW, the folks from Mezel mods are great. They had their set up shipped from New Mexico and flew to Allentown for Pinfest, that just goes to show how great and popluar this show is becoming.

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Yes, a few the vendors were still packing up when I finally headed out. I've learned it's not about your speed but how well you pack it. Everything shrinked, cardboarded, blanketed, whatever... Nothing moved a centimeter!

I second that! Moving a restored game is nerve racking and to tow it in a small trailer is scary to me. I wrapped the F2K with moving blankets and shrink wrap, then used corner protectors on the cab when strapping it to the walls of the trailer. I also used rubber mats on the floor. Keeps everything from sliding. So yes, it does add much more time to packing but it's necessary.

#2408 6 years ago

The back box on the F2K I brought to the show is from Todd. I bought a parts game from him in 2008. He's a great asset to the hobby

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Or Connecticut "The Construction State"
Change out State Symbol from the Charter Oak to the Orange Pilon

I drive UPS tractor trailer and I always hear guys complaining about CT. We go to Stratford from south Jersey.

Jersey is just as bad. We're in the middle of an 8 year project where routes 295 and 76 merge. There was fatality there on Fri because of lane closures and people drive too fast to read the signs.

1 week later
#2456 6 years ago

Man, I must be one of the lucky ones. I booked my room early Thurs morning for Thurs and Fri nights. Single king bed. Got the so called Pinfest discount, $114 per night. The room was clean, bathroom as well. I left all my belongings, including a $1500 notebook computer in the room. Nothing was touched. When returning from the show Fri night, the bed was made up and new towels added. If I had known about all the problems everyone was having, I would have never left my pc in that room. I have stayed at the Comfort Suites for 3 years in a row without an issue but now I' afraid to next year. I will book my room earlier this time.

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

First floor room at the no-tell-motel near the airport....dragged this one in so it wouldn't get rained on in the truck. I always ask for first floor, in the back please....

Smart!

#2461 6 years ago
Quoted from mike-k:

Just an fyi, I book my room 3 months in advance and we have been there for the last 8 years. But I will never stay there again. Stay at your own risk!

If I do, which I doubt, I definitely won't leave anything valuable in the room.

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Unfortunately the type of people who let this happen likely would prefer_ the hotel empty - employees who don't give a crap would rather sit there with nothing to do than to provide the customers the services they deserve/need/paid for.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

If we did boycott CS next year, maybe it would send a message to the upper management and they will notice the loss in revenue and clean house. I'm pretty sure the hotel is slow in the beginning of May and they get most of their business later in the summer from Dorney Park. On the other hand, most hotels get bad reviews anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 85.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
£ 195.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.