1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

I guess I'll have to attend this year.

1 month later
#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

The comfort suites is very nice but a rip off. The holiday inn express next door is also nice and I think that's the less expensive one.

You have it backwards. Comfort Suites is a lot less than Holiday Inn Express (or at least is was).

The rooms at the Holiday Inn Express are a little newer but if I had to pick between the two I would pick Comfort Suites hands-down. Unlike Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites has a nice bar/restaurant and now they have a brand-new indoor pool too.

When I first moved to Allentown last year I spent several months in both before I found a house.

#83 7 years ago

An awesome kick-ass restaurant to go if you want the ultimate feast that is a block away from the Brass Rail is the Rodizio Grill.

A Brazilian steakhouse that keeps it coming until you say "Uncle".

Whenever customers come to town for my company, they always want to go to Rodizio.

http://www.rodiziogrill.com/

The Brass Rail is a good place too and I usually either take customers there or to the Titled Kilt for lunch which are both right that area too.

#90 7 years ago

My favorite pizza joint in Allentown is Palumbos.

They also have awesome spaghetti and other traditional Italian favorites. Basically, everything on the menu is primo.

http://www.palumbopizzaandsubs.com/menu.html

1 month later
#285 7 years ago

What they could do is have a raffle prize awarded at the end of the show open to all who purchase a ticket. A pinball machine perhaps. Maybe a gift certificate to Marco or something like that.

The catch? The person must be present to win.

1 week later
#311 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Otaku,
If I bring my Conquest, that pretty much seals the deal on best original

It's very-nice. The playfield looks like it's been restored. Has it been clear-coated?

#313 7 years ago

It is nice. I wasn't aware that Playmatic did that (probably because I never had a Playmatic).

#350 7 years ago

Since I usually don't go to these shows just to pick up a machine and leave (I can do that anytime), I prefer Saturday to Friday because I can spend the entire day there.

Once again I will be offering all my parts (plus a few extras this year) with no shipping charges to anyone who wants some.

My house is 3 miles from the Fairgrounds.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Love your stuff. What are your few extras?

I was thinking of possibly selling a few backglasses and maybe a playfield or two.

I'll list what I plan to have available before the show. Since I live 3 miles away I don't have to drag everything to the show unless someone wants it.

I also have a Chevy Express cargo van and a big house with lots of storage space.

1 week later
#427 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Volpes Sport Bar is also a good local place with a ton of TVs but it can get smokey.
You can still smoke in bars/pubs? Where I live smoking inside has been outlawed for 10+ years and in 2012 the city outlawed smoking on bar patio's outside too! LOL

I think he meant the "smoke" from their beer farts.

lol

#432 7 years ago

I've had several Pinsiders contact me about picking up parts are the show. Here's a chance to get them for no shipping charge.

Here's my current parts flyer. Everything is in stock.

You can PM or email me with your orders and I will add you to the list. All I will need in addition to your order is your name, dates you plan to be at the show, and phone # to contact you. You can pay in advance via PayPal or cash at the show.

See you at the show!

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#515 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'll have to check, but last year we didn't stay at the hotels close by. We stayed about 4 miles away and the hotel had Whitewater in the bar, and they also hosted Comedy night on Friday that was quite good.

That hotel is definitely the Ramada in Whitehall and it is about a block away from my house. I've stayed there before. Supposedly they just remodeled all the rooms a couple months ago. It's a good deal and a decent place to stay. It's also right across the street from the big Lehigh Mall and there are lots of restaurants in the area too. It's actually 3.6 miles away from the fairgrounds.

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I think it's a few bucks cheaper than Comfort but I heard Comfort put in an indoor pool. Can anyone confirm? I'll be a waffle makin' sumbich again I enjoy a big breakfast with the normal crew. Back to the question , go to hotels.com I usually trust their ratings. I booked my hotel 2 months ago, worked out well.

Yes, the Comfort Suites just put a small indoor pool in a few months ago.

The rooms there are OK and the they have a bar and decent breakfast. It's a little less expensive than the Holiday Inn Express next door. The location is real nice in the summer if you plan to go to Dorney Park which is right across the street and you can walk there.

Comfort Suites is 3.5 miles away from the Allentown Fairgrounds.

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express for several months last year before I moved and if I had my choice I would pick the Comfort Suites. The rooms in the Holiday Inn Express were a little newer (and nicer) but it doesn't have a bar/restaurant. A lot of people in the Comfort Suites bar walk over from the Holiday Inn Express.

The Holiday Inn Express is $106 per night and Comfort Suites is $95 per night.

I can stay at Comfort Suites for $70 per night (king bed) with my corporate discount.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Gatecrasher - Friday night pinball party at your place since you are local?

It's a possibility. I only have three of my machines up right now but I have a kegerator.

I'm an engineering consultant and travel a lot. I'm going to try real hard to be home for the show. I think I will be. I'm currently working on a job in Tennessee for the next 90 days but get to come home once per month.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have a nice Danby dual regulator kegerator for sale that I could bring if pre-paid. Details here, if interested make an offer.
martinsburg.craigslist.org link

Is the dual regulator setup so you can use both CO2 + Nitrogen for Guiness?

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. And some beers require different PSI in the kegs than other beers. When using a single keg, the other regulator valve just gets closed. I probably have a few tap handles I can include also.

I have a Beverage Air kegerator. The reason I asked was I saw the Guiness mat on top of yours in the craigslist ad and know it takes two gasses.

I used to have two regulators for my previous kegerator because I could run two separate kegs in it if I wanted to with dual taps but it didn't look like yours was setup for that. Doesn't mean you couldn't get a dual tap later and do it though. You would need to got to the smaller skinny kegs though to fit them in the cabinet.

I only run one keg at a time now though. I like the Dutch and German beers the most and they just require CO2 as do most domestic brews.

That's a decent price for a nice-looking kegerator if anyone is looking for one.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I'm not convinced there really are "good" or "better" spots... people circulate through the whole show. Now that said, I did ask for my space to be near free-play this year so I play more games than I have in previous years. Ivan and crew accommodated - THANKS! Kinda feel bad for them... seems to be about as much fun as planning a wedding every year.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Yeah most people who are serious about buying anything check out the entire show. There are no bad spots.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

That was a hell of a night. Victory, jungle lord and nineball. All bought Thursday at shown in unknown state/missing a bunch of keys.
We're next door at holiday inn this year. Was a bit cheaper.

No it isn't. Comfort Suites is less expensive unless you get some special discount at Holiday Inn Express or something.

Without any discounts applied the Holiday Inn Express is $106 per night and Comfort Suites is $95 per night.

They are both probably booked up now though.

I would recommend the Ramada Inn in Whitehall as the next best budget motel to look at for those attending the show this year, although it may be booked-up by now too.

The thing that sucks about the Holiday Inn Express is unlike Comfort Suites and the Ramada Inn, the Holiday Inn Express doesn't have a bar/restaurant. The rooms are a bit nicer though.

There is a better selection of restaurants and shopping near the Ramada than near Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express though. All are about the same distance away from the fairgrounds.

#727 7 years ago

There are two big malls right next to the Ramada as well as tons of restaurants. I live a couple blocks away.

#729 7 years ago

There is an awesome Mexican restaurant within walking distance if you like Mexican food.

It's called "Fiesta Ole". There are also many more within a mile including just about all the fast-food chains, Golden Corral, TGI Fridays, The Olive Garden, Longhorn, Mission Barbeque, Country Buffet, Flaming Grill & Buffet (Chinese), and tons of others. Two big malls and several smaller shopping centers as well as diners and other food places.

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I usually go on Saturday and it REALLY sucks it's the day after Cinco De Mayo!!

I have an expensive bottle of Tequila that I bought in Mexico City that I'm saving for Cinco de Mayo.

#744 7 years ago

They must have jacked the rates up at the Comfort Suites just for Pinfest. I "lived" there for 6 months until my house was ready here just a few months ago.

I received an additional corporate discount on top that further reduced the price to $70 per night for a king bed.

I also stayed a few nights at the Holiday Inn Express and Ramada during that period so I got a taste of all of them.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

mic drop, Elvis has left the building....
(Sorry, couldn't resist with that profile pic lol)

I think that so-called "Pinfest Discount" might not be that great of a deal......

https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/allentown/comfort-suites-hotels/pa117

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

True, but they make it out to seem that way- It's a great place and rate to stay when there are hundreds of pinheads heading to the area all at once

I was there last year during Pinfest. I "lived" there from April until October 2016. I still had my house in Illinois until I finally moved to Allentown last November.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

Doh! I booked the wrong hotel....Wanted Holiday Inn, but booked Comfort...I like the breakfast at Hol Inn and rooms are better...O well ..Saw higher price and "assumed" that was better one.

The rooms at Comfort Suites aren't that much different and the breakfast there is just as good - plus they have a bar and a pretty-good restaurant. The Ramada isn't bad either. They just remodeled the rooms and they also have a bar.

#752 7 years ago

Did you send them your $250 or are you going to wait until after you see it?

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Something was telling me to book at Holiday Inn but I booked Comfort. Probably no big deal. I'm still not sure which is better. This is my first visit to Pinfest and am really looking forward to it.

They are both decent. A lot of people staying at the Holiday Inn Express walk next door to the Comfort Suites "Lynx" Bar/Restaurant. It's a only a few hundred feet away.

#758 7 years ago

Wow, that's surprising but if you would have booked a little in advance I bet you could have got the better rate. I know my rate didn't go up during the week of Pinfest last year. And normally, the Comfort Suites is less expensive than Holiday Inn Express next door.

It looks like some serious price-gouging to me. Almost twice as much as normal!

I have a spare bedroom at my house I should rent out! lol

For that price the Ramada is a much better deal for the money and it's in a better area as far as shopping and restaurants.

#763 7 years ago

Just a reminder that all of my parts are in stock and can be delivered at the show for no shipping cost.

If you need to have lift channels cut down to shorter custom lengths please let me know in advance.

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpg

#787 7 years ago

Is there a list of the games that have already been registered for free play?

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I also toyed with the idea of lift gate truck but again working alone they can be a PITA. Lots of climbing instead of just riding lift up when you are working alone.

You lost me with this statement. Lots of climbing with a lift gate truck?

You roll the machine onto the lift gate and pull the little lever. The gate rises and you roll the machine into the truck. No climbing involved. It doesn't get any easier.

My friend's father who is 80 years old has a lift gate truck and a warehouse and loads stuff up in it all the time. About the only easier way you can move stuff would be to hire someone to do it for you.

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I can bring a Eight Ball Deluxe 1st edition if deal worked out in advance. It is listed for sale in the pinside market in Nashville, TN. Every board in the thing is new except the MPU. LED in GI, flipper rebuild, backglass is mint, new rubbers, new plastics, cabinet average, playfield is average with no significant wear. Can bring it for $2300 firm.

Bring it and place it in the free play area. You'll get in free for the entire show and it will most-likely sell too. There are usually no shortage of people looking for EBD.

Every time I've ever brought one to a show I've had a lot of people bugging me to sell it. More than any other machine from the era.

#934 7 years ago

Just think how shitty the show would be if everyone felt like this....

Quoted from zacaj:

You'll be stuck there all day

I can see it now. They open the doors at noon and the "show" ends at 12:30.

lol

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

I get why people don't want to bring a game that isn't pre-sold. What I don't get is why people are apparently willing to commit to buying games sight unseen.
...my .02.

That's the truth there. Like I was telling the guy with the nice-looking EBD in an earlier post who doesn't want bring it unless someone buys it in advance. He is asking a decent price and it would almost certainly sell at the show. As was mentioned earlier, the majority of the people who attend the show aren't on Pinside. Those who are on Pinside have already seen his ad and the posts about this machine. Like a used car, most people don't buy $2,300 pinball machines from people they don't know without "kicking a tire". Especially people who aren't on Pinside or know the seller.

I would be willing to bet that this machine sells for the asking price at the show if it is as nice as advertised. The only issue I would foresee would be if the buyer would want to yank it out of the free-play area early.

These shows are a golden opportunity for people who want to sell pinball machines. They can bring the game and put it in the free play area and get free admission while supporting the hobby and then have the machine exposed to the largest group of buyers they will ever have for no charge. If the machine sells there is no "consignment" fee.

Cash sales. No PayPal or eBay fees. It doesn't get any better than that in this world.

Now I can see why someone wouldn't want to bring their HUO $8,000 pin to the show but if they really want to sell quickly it they aren't going have a better opportunity so you have to weigh the options.

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

You sure about that? There was a very decent original 1981 version like the one you are referencing at the show last year and the guy was getting low ball offers of $800 and $900 for it.

Well hopefully from your description of your EBD it is nicer than that one was. I saw the one you are referring to last year and it was a beater IMO. Not that it wasn't worth anything but it definitely needed a lot of work. It was probably worth about $1200 at the most.

You on the other hand have a $2300 machine which means it should be twice as nice (or one would think that). I've restored and sold probably 10 EBDs over the years and never had any problem selling them. Some sold for over $4,000. It's the most-popular Bally SS title there is.

One thing is for sure. No one at the show is going to buy it if you don't bring it and if you are planning on coming anyway you can even get in for free. A chance for a no-commission sale at an event where lots of potential buyers will be present.

It's up to you though. A highly sought-after machine like EBD will eventually sell one way or another.

#988 7 years ago

If anyone buys a pin for hundreds or thousands of dollars, the $40 penalty for early withdrawal is more than reasonable since there is no consignment fee. eBay consignment fee is 10% and so are most auctions so unless you are selling a machine for less than $400 it's still not that big of a deal for the buyer or even the seller.

Personally, I ALWAYS require that if a buyer wants to remove a pin they purchased from me early that they pay the penalty since it's up to them. They can wait until the end of the day and pay no penalty.

It's almost unbelievable how cheap some people are though. They get in for free, sell a machine and then whine about $40.

The $40 early withdrawal fee is the right thing to have in the best interest of the show and shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Without it some people would abuse the system and the show would suffer.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

"if you don't like the rules why don't you do it yourself?" Yeah sure, jackass. Like that line has ever made sense. When there's a bad rule the only options aren't "suck it up" or "go away", there's the revolutionary third option of "try to change them". The current rule sucks for everyone involved, except for the person getting all the money.

Oh, woe to the poor paid help who were being constantly rude and pissing people off. Those unreasonable bastards who brought their machines to the show and then want to take their machines home again! Meanwhile it's been more than a year now and people still aren't clear on how the rules work, and no effort is made to better explain it.

I've been saying what I would do for years now. It's what I was doing when you told me to go start my own show.
Sorry for the sarcasm+attitude, but I have zero tolerance for shit like this

Wow dude, you really need to tone it down a notch. If you feel the rules are so unjust, no one is forcing you to bring a machine. It doesn't get much more simple than that. Pay to get in, do your business and leave whenever you want.

It really isn't rocket-science to most of us. If there wasn't the $40 early withdrawal fee, some cheap-ass bastards would inevitably bring machines to the show and place it in the free-play section just to get in free and then have the buyers from their pre-arranged sale yank them right out. The show would then lose the admission fee of the cheap bastards plus all the games from the free play area. In other words, a few bad apples would ruin it for everyone else who paid to get in. There has to be some "incentive" (or deterrent depending on how you look at it) to encourage people to not game the system and support the show.

The rules are there for good reason.

#1017 7 years ago

Last year there were still plenty of machines on Saturday. I actually enjoyed myself more on Saturday. More time to shoot the shit and walk across the road to the Farmer's Market too.

I think more local people come on Saturday. I saw a lot more families with kids.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Check the ad and see for yourself instead of assuming things about who is selling what.

Everyone knows how much EBD is worth. If you have one to bring to the show I encourage you to bring it.

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Looking for a new metal backglass lift channel and trim for bally / stern SS backglasses. There was a guy at the show years ago that made and sold them. Is he still around?

Yes I'm still around and will be at the show. Here's my parts flyer. It's an excellent opportunity for anyone who plans to order anything to pick it up at the show and pay zero shipping. I'm taking orders in advance and you can either pre-pay via PayPal or cash at the show.

Send me a PM or email if interested with the items you want, your name, phone # to contact you at the show, and I will add you to the list.

#1254 7 years ago

I have a framed NOS Bally Eight Ball Deluxe Backglass for $400 I can bring to the show. I purchased this years ago. The guy I bought it from said his father had it professionally-framed when it was new in the early 1980's. I have never had it out of the frame or even looked at the backside but it appears to be good from the front. The frame alone is worth $100.

Although this could be removed from the frame and used in a machine, it would kind of be a shame. It makes an awesome wall decoration for a game room or mancave.

Sold as-is. I will not remove it from the frame or separate.

1s.jpg1s.jpg2s.jpg2s.jpg

#1255 7 years ago

I've had several people ask for game-specific backglass lift channels and edge trim and I am always hesitant to tell them they need one size or another without being 100% certain it will fit. Especially with some of the CPR reproduction backglasses that are thinner than the originals so I usually ask that they measure their backglass thickness before ordering.

As most of you know, I manufacture trim for 1/8" and 3/16" thick backglasses.

Here's a list I have been compiling for a few years that I know the sizes for.

Note: These are the factory backglass thicknesses. If you have a repop it may not be the same.

Pinball Backglass Thicknesses 2-page-001.jpgPinball Backglass Thicknesses 2-page-001.jpg

My trim is an exact fit for the machines listed above but will also fit many other EM and SS machines. The lift channels are 28.5" long but can be cut to shorter lengths for no additional charge.

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017.jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017.jpg

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

What are the dimensions on this one? Is it the size of the original or the swing out version?

It's the original 1981 version.

#1275 7 years ago

(Luke 6:37-42; Romans 14-12)

Do not judge, or you will be judged.

For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

1 week later
#1826 6 years ago

I just got home from the fairgrounds. There are plenty of machines there this year. I brought two myself. I played the Aerosmith pin. It's pretty-awesome. The show looks like it will be just as big as it was last year (maybe a little bigger). Tons of machines for sale.

I will be delivering parts to those of you who ordered some for the show and will have a limited supply of extras too. If anyone needs any give me a call. If I run out I can always go get more from my house which is only 3 miles from the show.

I had some barbeque ribs and a milk shake at the farmer's market across the street for dinner. Awesome stuff.

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017.jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017.jpg

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Clear for the moment, but rain is expected very soon.

I don't need nice weather to play pinball. It's not like we're going to see a baseball game.

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Rain makes loading/unloading difficult and pretty much kills the outdoor flea market.

It's not a show-stopper though. It shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's decision as to whether or not to come. After all, it is primarily an indoor event.

lol

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

No one said "hello" to me either, had my badge on - maybe we should do a "rouges gallery" of Pinsiders so we can ID with faces ........ I actually didn't see too many badges - maybe it's just the "pinball overload" that hits everyone once they walk into a room full of pinball machines!!!

I got a lot of comments on my badge.

I tried to be a forum "uniter".

Check it out. Custom neck band and everything.

IMG_9414 (resized).JPGIMG_9414 (resized).JPG

I have to admit though that I didn't see very many other attendees with badges on. I saw a couple but not as many as I thought I would.

#2214 6 years ago

It was a nice game but when I played it the right flipper was a little weak. I think the switch needed a tweak. Definitely one of the nicest Joker Pokers out there though. I looked to see if it was for sale but it wasn't.

There were other machines that weren't quite ready for the free play area though. By day two there were several that were either totally out of order or working sub-par. I'm kind of anal when it comes to that. I've had some of mine break at shows before but I usually take the extra time to make them as robust as possible to ensure they operate as perfectly as possible and have the best chance for zero issues. I hate having to work on them at a show.

The two I brought were solid this year and they got a lot of plays. No issues except I had to replace three bulbs. Everything else was 100%.

#2311 6 years ago

Also that Globetrotters in the free play area, I wanted badly to try that but it looked like a broken down car sitting in a car graveyard each time I passed it!!!???
-Nate

Yeah I noticed that too. It was missing half of the playfield parts so I didn't bother trying to play it. It's a great machine though. The owner probably couldn't find the plastics he needed to put it back together. If he would have he probably could have gotten more for it. Plus it would have gotten a lot more attention in free-play area rather than an incomplete project.

I just wish CPR would have made the playfield and plastics sets they were planning to make for Globetrotters. I was on their pre-order list and actually sold my last NOS playfield I had last year to a guy on the forum that needed it and then CPR announced that after all that waiting on the list they decided not to make the Globetrotters because of some licensing issue or something. Now I wish I would have kept the playfield.

Globetrotters is a decent machine though. I have a real-nice HUO one that I guess I'll just have to strip the playfield and have the inserts re-leveled and clear-coated one of these days. It's a keeper.

#2345 6 years ago

Scott S and Gatecrasher - that's something to forget pf parts! Everyone talks highly of the game so I really want to try it out. I'm old enough to remember seeing that bunch of HG's that the machine features - loved them was I was a kid.
WeatherbyMAG, great machines! Love the Super-Flight artwork (and Space Odyssey and.........)!
Bluespin, thanks for the info - glad that GlobeTrot found a home.

Here's mine. I scored this machine a few years ago. It's basically NOS. It was a HUO machine with very low plays on it that was sitting in a guy's basement under a tarp. He said he bought it brand-new for his kids but they barely played it.

Check it out. When I picked it up it still had the protective coating on the side rails. This sucker is mint.

002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg
003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG
005 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG
008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG
007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg
006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Sweet museum piece! Even more miraculous that the original battery hasn't leaked! Great score!

The first thing I did was to remove that battery.

1 week later
#2420 6 years ago

In the future I would probably let the individuals book their own rooms at whatever hotel you all plan to attend. That way if anything gets screwed-up, you don't bear any of the blame. Just a suggestion. I don't see any real advantage of booking as a group other than if anything is screwed-up, all parties involved will have one person they can blame (even if it wasn't your fault).

#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Lets not try to put the blame on anyone else but the hotel staff.

If you read my post you will see I didn't.

#2424 6 years ago

The sooner you book your hotel room too the cheaper it will be. The rates were a lot higher for the so-called Pinfest rates than they normally are.

If you plan on going book months in advance. You can always cancel 24 hours before if something pops up and you can't make it.

Comfort Suites staff is pretty-lame though. I remember once when I stayed there for 5 months last year as I was working as a consultant in Allentown before I moved here that they removed all my luggage and locked me out one night. I went down and raised hell and they finally gave me another room.

#2425 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

During this time, Rick contacted the police in Allentown to file an official complaint with them. But, really, what are they gonna do?

All told, my group spent at least $3,420 at the hotel. We asked for merely a fraction of that (about 10%) in compensation for the debacle that was our stay that weekend.

Corey

If you filed a Police report and the hotel gave your room key to another person you can sue the Hotel in small claims court.

You don't need a lawyer and for $500 the hotel is almost certain to settle. When they do settle, make sure you get the $500+ the fees for filing the claim.

#2427 6 years ago

I don't blame you. There are plenty of other hotels in Allentown.

2 weeks later
#2493 6 years ago

It's normally $70. They gouged you Pinfest guys.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Go big or go home sir!

That's Thursday afternoon and those are my Star Trek and Playboy pins I brought to the show that the guy is looking at.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 75.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=Gatecrasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.