Topic Stats

• 2,507 posts
  • 375 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1886 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1865 (resized).JPG
IMG_1108 (resized).JPG
pb at allentown (resized).jpg
yeah-right.gif
no_irish (resized).jpg
1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 2 years ago

Looking for Classic Stern projects, really almost any MPU-200 game, but especially:
- Catacomb
- Quicksilver
- Viper
- Freefall
- rare beasts like Iron Maiden or Dragonfist (yeah, as if, but hey..)

Also looking for Solar Fire, Funhouse and Balls-a-poppin' (again, projects welcome)

LMK if you have one of these sitting in some dusty corner. Don't care much what state it's in, as long as it's more-or-less complete on the art-parts. Even trashed playfields considered.

1 week later
#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Sigh, I should've bought that Space Riders.

My friend Jason from Canada (who won the tournament on Saturday) bought that, and within a few minutes of the game being set up on Thursday, so you likely had no chance! Very rare to see a fully working/complete Atari in a show, and you gotta give it out to Jason who's been looking for one for a while and scored it and_ the 1st place finish in one weekend!

Correction: He bought Airborne Avengers, NOT Space Riders: Sorry!

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from LBJ:

I arrived at 8pm and setup my Skateball in the freeplay area. It's setup at the back end of the 3rd row if anyone is looking to play it. A quick glance around and I can tell you there are a lot of pins setup with room for more!! I didn't get a chance to walk the floor so I'm not sure if there's another one there. Mine is unique because whoever owned it before me outlined the backbox in black. I just don't understand why people do these things lol.
Oh and I made sure it is level!! Pet peeve of mine to walk up to a game that's not level! It will be there both days for everyone's enjoyment! Say hello if you see me, I'll have a black PAPA baseball cap on, enjoy the show!

Thanks for bringing the Skateball: That was one of my goto-pins at the show, and I made sure to give it a couple of games everytime I walked by: Great playing game, and yes it was level! Very nice condition, and the only problem was that it wasn't for sale!

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

What a great and exhausting show
want to thank all of you who came by to play Houdini. I know the line was often long, but I think most found it was well worth the wait. And clearly some of you did since you kept coming back to wait and play it again and again.
It has been a lot of work to get it to this point and seeing people's expressions when seeing the catapult throw the ball close to two feet in the air into the trunk or playing straight jacket multi-ball with both reversed and inverted flippers was quite rewarding. Joe balcer thought I was insane when I came up with reverse and inverted, but seems those "brave" enough to try it have really enjoyed it.
The grand champion score was set four times, the last time being the third to last game of the show, which was a great way to finish.
Was great meeting so many if you and thanks again for playing.
Rosh

The final Grand Champion was my good friend Robi (beating his girlfiend Any who ended up as 2nd champion, but used her name on the Grand Champion as he is a gentleman). He had wanted to play the game throughout the show, but the lineups were too long. After getting his freeplay games packed away (Vulcan and Dixieland EMs), he finally was able to play Houdini, and ended up with 20+ minutes of playtime, and the high-score. Here's a picture of the happy couple in front of the game. Thanks for bringing a great new game to the pinball world!

IMG_20170506_200334 (resized).jpg

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Ah, very cool then! I thought it looked like it had been shopped, so I wondered why it had $200 on it. I had a mint Airborne Avenger a couple years back that I regret selling. Special place in my heart for those pins.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

There were two space riders at the show?
I bought the one that was in the vendor area with the graffiti on the bottom panel.
I did see an atari airborne avenger out on the free play floor. Were you thinking of that one?

Ack! You are correct: I was referring to the Airborne Avenger, and I'm an idiot for confusing it with Space Riders. Sorry to confuse the two!

#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The show was super great, lots of flea picking, great vendors, the games stayed until 6pm, the security was fair, except I think I was chased down by the lady ''guard'' several times. I'm not forgettable, so I don't know why she needed to check my band every time I went in and out all day.

Yeah, the lady-guard was brutal: Took her job very_ seriously. She would go up to people with long-sleeves in mid-game and interrupt them to ask them to roll up their sleeves and show their wrist-band! Come on, wait until the guy finishes the game!

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Security, or "security", was kicked up a notch, to the point of being interrupted during a game to show my wristband.

Let me guess: It was the lady-guard? I saw her asking people to show wristbands in mid-ball, which is getting into TSA-levels of power-tripping. Other guards were just fine!

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Anyone else notice she had an empty holster on her duty belt? Figured she forgot something in the shitter...

That was for the optional Taser: Probably was told to leave it at home.

Anyways, I understand they were told to keep non-payers out, but most places do that with entrance-control. I guess the loading-docks made that approach tough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside