1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from BenTheCartoon:

I personally recommend Cali Burrito, I go there every time I'm in town.

Cali burrito is awesome. But is in the process of moving (closer to show). It will be near Yocco's at 22nd & Hamilton (technically Reading rd). Any local questions I'll try to answer as best I can.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Bada Bingg II in the farmer's market is our favorite. When my wife can't make it with us she makes me bring her home one of their pulled pork sandwiches.

They make a great cheese steak sandwich also. That pizza place actually has a following and does an unreal amount of business for what amounts to fresh frozen pizza.

2 weeks later
#149 7 years ago
Quoted from scooter8416:

I thought about offering this service at the show. I have professional grade equipment, and soldered/repaired boards as a full time electronics technician.
I thought about setting up a table with a anti-static mat and go to town. BUT....a few issues come to mind.
-Flux fumes in building?
-What if someone gives you a board that is DOA and claims you killed it? (Possible Solution: Test in a game B4 you work on it?)
-Method to test after install? (Possible Solution: Sure I could ohm out my solder connections, but a better way might be to only offer to install in WPC games, and bring WPC game to test boards with to show customer its working.)
-How much to charge?
Thoughts?

There was a booth at Pintastic. It may pay to reach out to those guys and find out their thoughts. I don't remember who they were, but I'm sure Gabe will chime in. I don't think they have plans to come to Allentown so you wouldn't be stepping on any toes. I think it was worth their while if I remember correctly. I saw them working on a bunch of boards. It was great to have them there IMHO.

#181 7 years ago

Bada Bing also had a great cheesesteak.
There's a NY pizza place that's good on the corner of Liberty & 17th (entrance near show is Liberty & 19th)

Reasonable close (but not walkable) is Wegmans, Outback, Panera, Chipolte, Boston Market, Yocco's, all the usual fast food places and there is a place called Cali Burrito that just moved close to the show (almost walkable) they moved there because the old place they were in was always packed.
If you go hungry in Allentown it's your own fault

#210 7 years ago

Rose Bowl. 15th and Sumner Avenue

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

If anyone that's heading to Pinfest this year has a decent condition Taxi, WCS and possibly a Monopoly, I'm in the market for a third pin to add to my collection.

I think Jigglymartian has a Monopoly he would sell and he is in Bethlehem also. No need to wait for the show..

#245 7 years ago

Any thoughts/plans of adding an auction to the show? I really enjoyed that about Pintastic.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

What do we think? Would this be a welcomed addition or not? What does the community think?

I would love to see it at least tried. Maybe it gives Saturday the extra boost it needs to especially in the afternoon hours.

#278 7 years ago

What about some kind of show admission discount if you brought a game for the auction. Must have the stipulation of no Reserve.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

I hear that not a whole lot of people stay until the end of Saturday.

Which is exactly the incentive to run it at the end.

2 weeks later
#375 7 years ago
Quoted from stefallica:

Hi , can i have any suggestions on where i can go eat good wings,beers and watch a game in a 30 miles radius of allentown ? A nice sports bar ?
Thx
Also looking for a very nice Cleopatra or Space Station.

http://www.pjspub.com/about.php?loc=Walbert

https://www.bjsrestaurants.com/

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Could try the Brew Works on Hamilton St. I thinks it between 8th and 9th St. It could be 7th and 8th st. It s on the right side as its a one way. Great wings and food in general. Plenty of beer made on site. I'm not sure its considered a sports bar but it has a pretty large bar so I'm sure it has TVs for your viewing pleasure. There are other new bars that have opened on Hamilton St. I haven't tried so you are on your own.
Ivan

Quoted from rkahr:

I'm considering moving my hotel to the "Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West"... It's a little further from the show but it has a better-looking breakfast. Any opinions on these two hotels here? Pricing is equivalent (but Comfort is non-refundable).

Ivan had a good suggestion with Brew Works & reminded me there is also Chickie & Pete's right across the street from Brew Works by the PPL center. 9th & Hamilton (not far from the show). There is also a Holiday Inn right there also.

1 week later
#453 7 years ago

I have an extra 128X16 Dot Matrix display if anyone needs one. That's the smaller one. Open to offers or trades. I can bring to the Allentown show no problem. Fully working and tested, no lines or dots out.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Forgive my laziness, but with there be any Invisiglass / PDI for sale at the show?
Looking for three pieces - for MMR / LOTR LE / ST LE

I believe Cointaker had Stern's version of invisi glass at the Ohio show. I would assume they'll have it at Allentown

1 week later
#818 7 years ago

HUO TFLE Combo I can bring to the show if prepaid.
Or I'm only about 15 minutes away. If you want to see/play in person. $4400
Near perfect condition, only very minor leg wrinkling. Best I've seen on this title.
Pretty firm on price but open to trades +/-cash.

#851 7 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

is their a game list available

as to what is available to play?

Game list changes until the last minute & has been frowned upon the last couple of years due to parking lot deals on machines that don't make it inside. I signed up to bring 2 games & I'm fairly sure what I put won't end up being what I bring.

#891 7 years ago

AVLE Blue $5700 less than 100 plays

Hobbit Smaug SE Just over 200 plays $7500

Will have a Space Jam ready, shopped W/LED's $1950

POTC less than 100 plays $5600 Game is Stunning.

TFLE Combo HUO 900 plays $4400.

Pictures upon request. Open to trade offers, but prefer a straight sale.

Only 15 Min from the show.

Space Jam & a Flight 2000 going into free Play area if not sold beforehand. May have a couple others ready but not looking too good. (Star Wars Trilogy)

#909 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

I'll take a shot at this... short answer is most people don't want the hassle of bringing a game to the show which means breaking it down in their home, loading it up, bringing it to the show, setting it up at the show, having people beat on it for 2 days and needing a shop job when you get home (if it survives) to save a $20 admission fee.
Yes you have the incentive of someone possibly buying it at the show but there's no guarantee.
Plus, the higher the value of the game not only did you lose the casual person who may have $2,000 in their pocket now you're counting on someone to have $4,000 +. Possible but not likely. Also throw in if you have a low play perfect game, now you may have tripled the plays on it when it's done.

A lot of the newer/higher priced games are typically brought by the people running the show or vendors. I say typically because there are a few who do bring games out of their collection.

Ok, short answer wasn't so short. Flame suit on

I will add that I have brought games to each of the last few shows. I've brough 2-3 games to each, Allentown, York, the Ohio show and Pintastic to help support the show. You just won't see me bringing The Hobbit

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from pinrayhji:

You may register a game for only Friday, or only Saturday. If, for example, you register for Friday and sell it early, it must remain on the floor until approximately 7pm, or the fee is imposed. You are not obligated to return for the second day if you have the game registered for 2 days and then change your mind. You may break it down at the appropriate time Friday, remove it, and be on your way.
Harry Irvin
Pinfest freeplay registration guy

What is the Saturday breakdown time? 6?

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$60 removal fee I think, but it didn't seem to be an issue and as best I could tell, games were not leaving early.

Maybe because at the end of the Texas pinball Festival they raffle off a brand new machine for the games that have stayed for the show?
I think pintastic does a good job of making it worthwhile. It's about incentives for people to bring and leave their games in the free play area. Not how big of a stick should we use on them for bringing it out. Give a raffle ticket to each person who brings a game in. The person buying your machine gets the raffle ticket from you as incentive to leave it in the free play area. I've seen organizers go around 15 minutes before the raffle starts to make sure games are still there.

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Hmmm, if it's gonna be the "shrinking pinball show" right off the bat, it might be the first and last for me. I'm flying up from Florida and am already getting bad vibes. I had hoped to play a bunch of EM's. Narrowed it down to Pin A Go Go and Pinfest, chose Pinfest. Hope it wasn't a mistake. Now I understand why there is no list for games available for freeplay.

Don't sweat it, this is just the usual drama that goes with the show. You CAN insert lat years thread in here & see the same stuff.

Still a great show, Ivan & his guys do the best they can to make everything fair & smooth. It's like having a fantasy football league with friends, it's all good until money is involved & there are rules that can be exploited. Tweaks get made every year to keep making it better & fair for everyone.

There are usually a bunch of EM's, you should be very happy there. I think Gerry (80spit) alone brings at least 5 himself along with Okatu (Steven).

Farmers market & local food is tough to beat.

People are great. I meet & remember more people every year & everyone says hello!

Chris & Melissa from Cointaker & Joe (Pinball Star) bring all the new games & more. Parts and the flea market are looking great this year with Skip bringing a few truckloads of games has me psyched!

Is it May 5th yet???

#1260 7 years ago

Anyone interested in my low play Ghostbusters Premium? I have a chance to upgrade. Shaker, cliffys, airball protector, uninstalled pingraffix (I think) side blades & right ramp post fix done. No ghosting at all. $6600.
Really not sure I want to let it go because it's a good one that's dialed in so no lowballs please.
Possibly open to trades

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

freddy mattg
I believe Joe from pinballstar is taking pre-orders for Invisiglass to be picked up at the show.
I asked Joey from Pinball Decals if he's making it out to any east coast shows this year, he's not, so no PDI.
Who knows about Stern's glass? Maybe cointaker

Any idea about prices?

#1324 7 years ago

Looking for a collector quality Last Action Hero. Original Scoops not blown out. Covered with Cliffy doesn't count

#1376 6 years ago

Jigglymartian & I grabbed the last vendor spot since the indoor flea market was full. Going to be bringing games, parts and back glasses. We will be in the back by Starship fantasy I believe.
For those of you who usually attend his pre-show yard sale this year the yard sale is coming to you!
My plan is to bring the games that I have for sale in the marketplace. Maybe a couple of others including my red Spider-Man and a Hobbit LE. I believe he is bringing a sample junkyard, Popeye and maybe a Jurassic Park and a bunch of parts. Not sure what else at this point. We're kind of just winging it last minute.

#1444 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do you have a price on the Spider-Man? A friend of mine is going to be shopping on Friday and this was on his list of possibilities.

I'm probably going to be right at 5G. Pinside average says $5300 but I think 5 is realistic. It has a shaker, LED's, and it may be from the automated limited run. I have to check the build date, but it has the webbed rails & is signed by Gary Stern & Steve Ritchie. I have to pull it out of the lineup & get some pictures, check build date & refresh myself on what mods are there. Plays great! Only reason I'm selling is because I picked up a SM Black

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I'm trying to make it to the show this year but may not be able to on Friday or Saturday. If not a vendor at the show or bringing a game to the show, what access, if any, is there on Thursday if I could make it down there? Is it possible to buy from vendors? Just trying to figure a way to participate if I cant get there Friday or Saturday... Thanks for any insight.

Thursday's set up only. No outside admission unless you're bringing a game and even then you're supposed to set up and not hang around

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anybody bringing a wide body machine for sale? Thanks.

I'll have a Hobbit LE in booth 101, near Star Ship Fantasy

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from Jfleury:

I'm hoping to purchase a colour DMD for Scared Stiff while at the show, also in the market for the following:
Metallica LE
Medieval Madness
CPR playfield (or very nice original) for Xenon
Back glass for Williams Lucky Ace.
Thanks

Not sure if he is bringing it or not but @jigglymartian may have a NIB Road case in our booth. I know for sure he can bring it if presold

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Two of the 4 games I need to say I've owned every system 11 made. Sadly not at prices I can stomach. Good luck with the sale.

Rick's a great guy and I'm sure the prices are not engraved in stone. I do think that both of those games for a Bonsai run is a fair trade.

#1642 6 years ago

I will have home use only POTC, AVLE blue, Hobbit LE all with less than 100 plays each in the booth I'm sharing with jiggly Martian. Also will have my red Spider-Man in the booth for sale. My Gottlieb Hulk autographed by Stan Lee will be on the FreePlay floor along with a flight 2000.

If I end up with the room on Saturday I can bring a home use only RollerCoaster Tycoon with low plays but it needs to be shopped.

Really deep on the bench is a Data East Star Wars that has a decent play field and played pretty well but needs new cabinet details. That's my summer project so I really don't want to give it up, but it's there.

#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Awesome! I've been haggling my buddy about buying one. Unless I decide to buy it and sneak it in the house when my wife isn't looking.

Great game, I've had it in my collection for a few years. Only reason I'm selling is because I was able to pick up a Black one

#1942 6 years ago

Crazy busy show today, man it was packed. Just not enough hours in the day.. Great to meet up with a lot of folks. You would think it was a Saturday with how many people showed up. Bigger & better every year!

Sold:

AVLE
DE Simpsons
Spider Man

Available in the booth tomorrow:

HUO Roller Coaster Tycoon (REALLY Nice, no flipper button wear at all)

Hobbit LE- less than 50 plays on it

HUO Pirates of the Caribbean- Low plays, game looks like it just came out of the box!

In Freeplay area:

Flight 2000- I don't want to take it home $1000. New Alltek board, new rubber & LED's. Open to trades for parts or other machines. I can add cash as needed..

Gottlieb Hulk. Really don't want to sell but need room, I've owned it for about 16 years, new Pascal board, stunning playfield, apron signed by Stan Lee. I can do a better price without autograph, I have a spare apron.

#2089 6 years ago

Man, my head is still spinning from that show. Thanks for everyone who stopped by to say hi to Rich (Jigglymartian) and I in our booth.

Thanks to his daughter for manning the booth on Friday. That was huge!

Thanks to Joe (I don't know his Pinside name) for helping me get Flight 2000 going again (sometimes it is just a fuse!)
I'm constantly impressed in this hobby about how everyone helps everyone else. It's truly one of the best things we have going!

Thanks to those who bought games from us. I left with only Pirates & my Hulk (which I really didn't want to sell anyway).

I was able to get out & buy a few parts and play a few games (not as many as I would have liked).

I continue to be impressed by Dialed In, so much going on. Can't wait to get mine.

Aerosmith Pro vs Premium is a topic I think we will see a lot in the future here. Think I'm voting Pro.

Only got 1 game in on Ailens, so tough to call. My impression was the code & animations seemed really good, but the shots weren't smooth (maybe once you learn them that changes). Not a fan of that cabinet style. I would like to have gotten more than 1 game in on it, but the lines were too long.

#2092 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck identifying him; half the people at that show were named Joe. My wife gave up trying to keep them straight ten minutes in.

Joe's a friend, him & Gerry are at all the shows. Both great guys! I just don't know his Pinside name..

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

What....no mention! And I was really considering the MET Roadcase!

Matt you & Lorenzo were great neighbors to have! Thanks for putting up with us! I hope you sold that Raven, I told a few people it was a great deal..
I hope we were at least entertaining with the pinball shuffle Rich, Nestor & I did all show! Like pinball Jenga..

#2161 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

+1. What a great show! I can't wait until next year. F2K didn't sell but I have no regrets. I will set her up in the game room for good now unless somebody offers me silly money. I hope to bring a restored 81 EBD next year. Possibly 2.

That F2K was amazing! I'm surprised it didn't sell..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.