1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenTheCartoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 7 years ago

As a first time attendee, are there any benefits to going on one day vs. the other?

#72 7 years ago

I personally recommend Cali Burrito, I go there every time I'm in town.

1 week later
#126 7 years ago

As long as we're making requests, I'm on the lookout for a Bally Mariner backbox (or at least the components for one). Backglass does not need to be intact, but the inner workings should be functional. Hoping I don't have to buy a whole cabinet, but I will for the right price.

2 weeks later
#163 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I'll be bringing another load of backglasses, woodrail legs, coin boxes, metal legs, metal back doors, etc and a couple dozen project machines to the indoor flea market again this year.

I'll definitely be stopping by to take a look at your supply. Specifically, the legs, backglass, and project pins for sure. Any of them a Mariner by chance?

2 months later
#1535 6 years ago

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere, but is there a reason to pre-register as an attendee? This will be my first year going, but I'm not bringing a game (although I do hope to buy). Will I be turned away if I haven't registered?

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

benthecartoon I think that if you preregistered by a certain date you received a discounted rate. If you buy my players Getaway I will refund your entry fee!

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks! And I'll be checking out everything, but will be most likely buying an EM, unless I find a SUPER cheap #MM somehow.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Is there anywhere remotely covered for the loading/unloading of games near the building??? I'm bringing a dry change of clothes - yuck!!!!

Good call, I'll grab a spare outfit myself.

If all goes well today, I might end up bringing my Dr. Dude to free play next year.

#2195 6 years ago

Super happy with my first time. Didn't get to play a ton of games because I was in "shopping" mode and mostly looking out for something to bring home. Was pretty bummed at first that there weren't any Mariners or Sea Rays that I could find, and just when I'd given up hope, I got a PM from a private seller with one in his truck! Made my whole weekend, and I can't wait to get working on it.

Next time, I'll try to bring the Dr. Dude (I didn't see any of those this year, either) and focus more on actually PLAYING the games. I'm lucky enough to have two pinball arcades nearby, though, so I'm not that heartbroken.

Picked up a gorgeous Pinball Pool backglass as well, just because I fell in love with the art.
Also grabbed some LEDs to try out in the Dr. Dude, and I have to say I'm impressed enough with how they look to go ahead with a full conversion. Overall, great event, and can't wait to do it all again!

#2279 6 years ago

I'll give Colsond3 and Lights Out a shout too. Bought some bulbs and spoke with them about what I might need for my Dr. Dude, and he was real helpful and even gave me a few extra bulbs just because I told him I didn't want change back. (The flasher bulb doesn't work for some reason, but the rest do, and look great!)

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Does that flasher have a resistor in line? If so that is your problem! When changing from Incandescants to led flashers you need the warming resistor removed in line. check your manual schematic for the flasher.

It probably does. I'll check it out, and see if that fixes it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenTheCartoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown?tu=BenTheCartoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.