1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 51.
#301 7 years ago

Does anybody know who does the awards (and if that is still happening), like best original, best restoration, etc.? I assume there's some way to enter unless they just go through the whooooolllleeee show. Thanks!

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Does anybody know who does the awards (and if that is still happening), like best original, best restoration, etc.? I assume there's some way to enter unless they just go through the whooooolllleeee show. Thanks!

Ivan1496 ?

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

jrobinso99 and pepermintswirl have awarded them the last 2 shows.

#304 7 years ago

requesting a players' WH2O, IJ or SS to show up and come home with me .

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

jrobinso99 and pepermintswirl have awarded them the last 2 shows.

Guilty as charged. For the record Jay is in charge, I am just his minion

Quoted from Otaku:

No registration, we go through the whooooolllleeee show. If your machine is in the free play area, it is officially entered and eligible to be nominated.

I haven't spoken to the boss man about this years show so I cannot confirm 100% that the awards are happening but my guess is that they are. Once I have more details I will let you know.

Lastly thanks for your interest. It is nice to know that people care about the ribbons.

#306 7 years ago

Since I have this thread open I figure I might as well let everyone know I am bringing a nice T2 with mods for sale and I am searching for a nice Flash Gordon to take home with me.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Otaku,

If I bring my Conquest, that pretty much seals the deal on best original

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

requesting a players' WH2O, IJ or SS to show up and come home with me .

I'm bringing my IJ for free play but it's coming home with me.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm bringing my IJ for free play but it's coming home with me.

maybe...

#310 7 years ago

Looking for a Maverick topper.Bringing this game and just want to complete it.Will be for sale.Looks and plays great.Full leds.Boat reed switch upgrade.Shopped all around ,super nice. Pm me if you have one Thanks

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Otaku,
If I bring my Conquest, that pretty much seals the deal on best original

It's very-nice. The playfield looks like it's been restored. Has it been clear-coated?

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's very-nice. The playfield looks like it's been restored. Has it been clear-coated?

It's all original. Nothing restored. Playmatic installed a clear coat over their games back in the 70's and it really paid off. The inside is also just as clean!

#313 7 years ago

It is nice. I wasn't aware that Playmatic did that (probably because I never had a Playmatic).

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I just snagged the last room at the holiday inn express for May 5th. Better book your rooms guys!

I just booked a room at the Wingate, and they have more available rooms.

#315 7 years ago

We are going to be at Allentown. Plan on having a selection of lighted speaker panels, plasma pop bumpers, Glowing instruction cards and about 100 playfield mods.

0307171805e (resized).jpg0307171805e (resized).jpg

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We are going to be at Allentown. Plan on having a selection of lighted speaker panels, plasma pop bumpers, Glowing instruction cards and about 100 playfield mods.

You have my attention. Do you have a game list?

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I'm in for a HS2 one at Allentown.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

You have my attention. Do you have a game list?

We should have a selection of lighted speaker panels for all Bally/Williams that have a plastic speaker panel except taxi, Whirlwind and Earthshaker.

The plasma pop bumpers will work on any Stern, Bally, Williams, Data East, Sega and Gottlieb solid state that have 3/8" clearance above pop bumpers.

On the glowing instruction cards, should have for nearly 150 games.

On playfield mods, should have some Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Metallica, T2, BM66, TAF, TZ, FT and a few others.

Dan

#319 7 years ago

I would be interested in a Getaway, Fish Tales, Space Station, Dr Dude, or Stargate if anyone is bringing one of those.

Chris

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Yes thank you. I already saw that post on pinside a couple a weeks ago. It's a nice machine but he never responded with a cash price so I think he's only looking to trade at this point.
-Michael Schnoll
[email protected], PinballWizard01 on YouTube, antiqueslots.com, Antique Slots on Facebook.

Yeah, I am more floating it out there to see about trades. I have a standing cash offer on it that I feel is crazy but I would have to ship.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It's all original. Nothing restored. Playmatic installed a clear coat over their games back in the 70's and it really paid off. The inside is also just as clean!

Nope. Not clearcoated. It's a plastic layer. I miss my conquest and talking with the previous owner about how clean this one is it may be my old one. Let me know if you want to sell it at Allentown.

#322 7 years ago

I am intersted in a Seawitch, Quicksilver, Nine Ball, Star Gazer, Dragonfist, Catacomb, Split Second or Bally Atlantis if anyone is planning on bringing any of these.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nope. Not clearcoated. It's a plastic layer. I miss my conquest and talking with the previous owner about how clean this one is it may be my old one. Let me know if you want to sell it at Allentown.

I've owned it less than a month, and right now I love the game. Everyone that comes over and plays it loves it as well. So it looks like it's going to remain in my lineup for quite some time. However, if anything changes I will definitely keep you at the top of the list.

#324 7 years ago

I'm surprised the traditional spreadsheet hasn't already been started. Will it not happen this year?

This will be my 10th Allentown pinball event, I think.

I'm once again looking to pre-arrange a deal or two for:
- 70's multiplayer EM projects
- System 80/A/B/3 projects
- Bally/Stern SS projects, including 6803.
- System 3-11 projects

I especially love unmolested/forgotten games that have been sitting untouched since they came off route.

If you've been staring at a folded non-working game for years, consider letting it go. Think of what you could do with that space!

Corey
corey [at] londonpinball.ca
youtube.com/cookepinball

#325 7 years ago

If I can finish the restore in time I hope to bring my Williams Pitch and Bat game. I have not seen one at a show before so I think it would be fun to share.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

I'm surprised the traditional spreadsheet hasn't already been started

Hope it happens, I got a few items to post.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

I'm surprised the traditional spreadsheet hasn't already been started. Will it not happen this year?

Quoted from poppapin:

Hope it happens, I got a few items to post.

We caught a lot of hell from Ivan last year over the spreadsheet. With that said, there will be no spreadsheet this year.

#328 7 years ago

Every year there's a spread sheet and games are purchased and sold, and the show is a success.

Games will leave late Saturday afternoon no matter what.

we need a spreadsheet or people will use this forum to list wtb or fs.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Games will leave late Saturday afternoon no matter what.

Well I would hope so, that's when the show ends! (I'm guessing you mean Friday afternoon during the big "hit" to the show each year)

#330 7 years ago

Maybe an unofficial spreadsheet

I'd definitely be interested in see what's game will be up for sale

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

we need a spreadsheet or people will use this forum to list wtb or fs.

I kinda thought that was what this thread was for.?
Still looking for a Bally Playboy backglass to pick up at Allentown.

#332 7 years ago

Looks like I will make an appearance, minus debauchery, sigh....

Anyway, still looking for a Bally "Beauty" Backglass! (Bingo)

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Well I would hope so, that's when the show ends! (I'm guessing you mean Friday afternoon during the big "hit" to the show each year)

I made the mistake of going on Saturday last year, my first year. This year I will be going on Friday if I can help it!

#334 7 years ago

My ultimate pickup in Allentown would be a "Hi Lo Ace" with a very nice playfield.

#335 7 years ago

Will be looking for a nice example of Sky Jump or King Pin. I have a nice original Atlantis I'd be willing to trade. Working on transportation because I might have another game I can put in free play.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

I made the mistake of going on Saturday last year, my first year. This year I will be going on Friday if I can help it!

Made the mistake of going on just a Saturday one year also. Friday is the day to go.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Quoted from arcademojo:

Made the mistake of going on just a Saturday one year also. Friday is the day to go.

Good choice. Friday is the day to go.

That being said, Friday is the day to go for gaming, Saturday is the day to go for buying.

Off-topic: I see you live in York - I hope you visit the fantastic York Whiterose Gaming Show every year? That is like Pinfest V2, a bit smaller but many argue it's more "comfy" and has a better maintained selection of games.

#338 7 years ago

york was meh. allentown has more pins, more parts vendors AND the farmers' market. case closed.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

york was meh. allentown has more pins, more parts vendors AND the farmers' market. case closed.

It's probably an "open mind" kind of thing. If you collect older games the parts stands (mostly new; or "mods", which are non-existent on older games) don't do much for you anyways. I see you've only collected newer games, maybe that is why, there are some there at York but not always a ton. If you like the older stuff the York Show is beautiful because everything is usually running right and is tuned up, and it is full of those kinds of games.

Quality > quantity, to me. Seems like a lot of Pinfest people bring whatever junk is in their garage to get past the ticket cost and to try and sell before the show is over with the rubbers half flaking off. Bigger is not always better.

I've also heard it called more "homey" by many collectors/Pinsiders, however you want to take that. (I guess just another word for comfy)

Pinfest is really great too though don't get me wrong, and that can happen at any show, just when you turn the numbers up on games it's obviously a lot more likely to happen/be more abundant, just because percentages and all that, simple math. Not anybody's fault there, can't be helped - Ivan & team put on a fantastic show and I go every year and continue to do so. I am thankful we have both and that they are different (variety), they both have their pros and cons and it is nice each year to get excited about the huge main event that is Pinfest filled with hundreds of games and then be able to fall back down onto the "calmer" York Show and other shows later on in the year. Especially when they both have a lot for sale!

#340 7 years ago

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but will the outdoor flea market be returning back to the other side again this year? Not sure if that's even happening anymore but I remember last year it was to the right rather than the left and there was like... one seller out there and no people. I guess it might have been rainy but I just remember the other layout seeming to be a lot better for buys and sells. I'm pretty content with the indoor flea market regardless but always great to have more options if the show is still going that route.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

It's probably an "open mind" kind of thing. If you collect older games the parts stands (mostly new; or "mods", which are non-existent on older games) don't do much for you anyways. I see you've only collected newer games, maybe that is why, there are some there at York but not always a ton. If you like the older stuff the York Show is beautiful because everything is usually running right and is tuned up, and it is full of those kinds of games.
Quality > quantity, to me. Seems like a lot of Pinfest people bring whatever junk is in their garage to get past the ticket cost and to try and sell before the show is over with the rubbers half flaking off. Bigger is not always better.
I've also heard it called more "homey" by many collectors/Pinsiders, however you want to take that. (I guess just another word for comfy)
Pinfest is great too though don't get me wrong, and that can happen at any show, just when you turn the numbers up on games it's obviously a lot more likely to happen/be more abundant. Not anybody's fault there, can't be helped - Ivan & team put on a fantastic show and I go every year and continue to do so. I am thankful we have both and that they are different (variety), they both have their pros and cons and it is nice each year to get excited about the huge main event that is Pinfest filled with hundreds of games and then be able to fall back down onto the "calmer" York Show and other shows later on in the year. Especially when they both have a lot for sale!

Otaku, you should prepare for Allentown by coming to the Texas Pinball Festival in 2 weeks. The only down side I've experienced in Texas is I can't bring stuff home because there's never extra room in my luggage! You're dead-on right about about being geographically lucky with two shows within an easy drive...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#342 7 years ago

With the rain last year Ivan rearranged the indoor flea market and moved everyone inside. The one guy that stayed outside was offered an inside space but wanted to stay outside for some reason? In any event I think the outdoor flea market on the original side was better for the flow of everything so I am glad they are going back to the original arrangement.

As far as comparing Allentown to York it is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both great shows but each has a very different feel. I personally like the laid back feeling of York but Allentown has a lot more going on if you like things that way. Kind of like going into a nice little town compared to going into the city. Pros & Cons to each but both are great in their own way. Both Ivan & Rich have done a great job since taking over these two shows a few years back!

It is my understand Rich is moving the York Show into a larger building this year and will also have an indoor flea market area. I don't think this was by choice I think the building he typically uses was booked so he had to move the show into one of the bigger halls if my memory is correct.

In any event two great shows run by two very nice guys and I love both.

#343 7 years ago

Bringing my GTB 2001 for free play (and hopefully sale). I'll get a Pinside Ad up for this game nearer to the show.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

With the rain last year Ivan rearranged the indoor flea market and moved everyone inside. The one guy that stayed outside was offered an inside space but wanted to stay outside for some reason? In any event I think the outdoor flea market on the original side was better for the flow of everything so I am glad they are going back to the original arrangement.
As far as comparing Allentown to York it is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both great shows but each has a very different feel. I personally like the laid back feeling of York but Allentown has a lot more going on if you like things that way. Kind of like going into a nice little town compared to going into the city. Pros & Cons to each but both are great in their own way. Both Ivan & Rich have done a great job since taking over these two shows a few years back!
It is my understand Rich is moving the York Show into a larger building this year and will also have an indoor flea market area. I don't think this was by choice I think the building he typically uses was booked so he had to move the show into one of the bigger halls if my memory is correct.
In any event two great shows run by two very nice guys and I love both.

Trying not to fill up the Pinfest thread with York Show stuff, but that's interesting. I think the show's been in the bigger building a few times before, but that was before my time in the hobby. Kind of bummed to hear it's moving (temporary?), I'll miss that building!

ANYWAYS, back to Pinfest!

#345 7 years ago

Love is in the air!

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

ANYWAYS, back to Pinfest!

I just miss Allentown being twice a year.

#348 7 years ago

Typo.

#349 7 years ago

How long ago was Allentown twice a year?

#350 7 years ago

Since I usually don't go to these shows just to pick up a machine and leave (I can do that anytime), I prefer Saturday to Friday because I can spend the entire day there.

Once again I will be offering all my parts (plus a few extras this year) with no shipping charges to anyone who wants some.

My house is 3 miles from the Fairgrounds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.