1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 51.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That's odd...your wife told me she liked my ink last night.

You heard her wrong. She called you a dink.

#2452 6 years ago

Wow, all these stories make my complaints about garbages not being emptied, floor not vacuumed, mold and hair in the tub, and a bug crawling up my leg at 1 am (not a bedbug thankfully) seem pretty tame by comparison.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Oh cool, I told her to tell you that but didn't think she would.

#2454 6 years ago

I'm off work Monday, if I get the nerve to call the Ramada and ask how much it costs to book the whole ground floor for next year I promise to record the call and post it here. It will require a careful measure of semi-intoxication and forethought but I'm a pro. Nothing against the 2nd floor but they don't have an elevator and we need to see how many pins we can drag in.

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Dear Pinside,
I want to tell you all about my experience with the Comfort Suites during the Pinfest weekend this year. I've been putting off telling you about this until I was sure there would be no resolution. Unfortunately, the time has come.
I’m not posting this to be vindictive or dramatic; it’s my intention to simply warn future Pinside attendees of the deplorable customer service at the Comfort Suites. If Ivan is reading this, perhaps he could also take it into consideration when making accommodation arrangements for future Pinfests.
Let me begin by saying that Pinfest is one of the highlights of my year. This was my 10th time in attendance, I believe, and it’s safe to say that this year was the biggest and best event yet. Ivan and his team should be very proud.
I'm sorry this is so ridiculously long. Please bear with me. For the executive summary of what I'm about to say, scroll down.
Anyway, I am the organizer of a large group of individuals who have stayed at the Comfort Suites for several years for Pinfest. This year, there were 21 people in my party and we had booked 11 rooms, nine of which were for three nights, one of which was booked for two nights and one for one night.
Some of us checked in around 4:30pm on Thursday, May 4, but the remainder checked in a little later, around 6:30pm. Among those that checked in at 6:30, at least four separate rooms were already occupied by other people. That is, we were issued key cards for rooms that had already been assigned. We entered the rooms and once we found them to be occupied, we returned to the front desk to get assigned new rooms. Eventually, this confusion was sorted out and we were assigned to rooms that were actually vacant.
Shortly thereafter, one of the individuals in our party had someone enter their locked room while they were there. Clearly the people working the front desk didn’t quite have their stuff together.
Another individual in our party, Rick, was assigned to room 411. He left his stuff in the room and the group went out for dinner. When we returned around 11:30pm, Rick found people in his room with his things. He was told that the room wasn't his and that his bag and phone were not there. He could see them from the door and asked to have them returned by the occupants. When he was ultimately given his things, he went to the front desk where he was reassigned to room 402. He then counted his money, which was in his bag, and found it to be short $500. We brought this to the attention of the front desk employee (the same one who made a complete mess of the check-in process) who took it upon herself to call room 411 and tell the occupants that we believed they had stolen money from Rick’s bag. Naturally, they denied it, so the front desk person suggested we speak to the general manger in the morning.
On Friday morning we spoke to the GM and assistant manager who told us that they would speak to "corporate" about what should be done in order to rectify all of these issues. Rick and I suggested that providing Rick with his three night stay free of charge would go a long way to making up for the previous night's bungling. The GM also suggested that we call the police, but our large group, which had come a long way for Pinfest, was heading to the convention and we knew that involving the police in this situation would take a long time and was not likely to provide a resolution in a timely manner. What I'm trying to say is, we didn't want to ruin our day (and the whole reason we were in town) with pointless delays, especially considering this was all the result of the hotel's screw up.
The GM told the assistant manager to contact me with a potential resolution as soon as possible.
At 1:16pm on Friday, May 5, I received a call from the hotel telling me that room 402 (Rick's room) was supposed to be vacant as it had only been booked for one night, but his things were still in the room. I explained that Rick's room was definitely booked for three nights and requested that his things be left where they were! I immediately contacted my friend Tom, the individual who had booked his stay for one night only, and asked if he had checked out. He told me that he had, indeed, checked out of his room (#232) and that it was most definitely vacant. I then called the hotel and explained to the front desk person that Tom was in room #232 and had definitely checked out.
I never heard from the assistant manager on Friday at all.
Upon returning to the hotel on Friday evening, I spoke to the front desk person who assured me that the assistant manager would call me as soon as possible.
On Saturday morning, before heading out for the day, i spoke to the front desk person and explained the situation. She told me that she would have the assistant manager call me, but she did not call me on Saturday.
On Sunday morning, upon check out, I spoke to the front desk person and explained the situation. She PROMISED me that she would pass my message onto the assistant manager and would DEFINITELY call me no later than 3pm on Sunday to tell me when I could expect to hear from the assistant manager. I did not hear from anybody.
I would like to point out that throughout every interaction with hotel staff, myself and the people in my group remained polite, reasonable and calm. We laid out our expectations clearly and were let down at every turn.
So, needless to say, the experience at the Comfort Suites was a complete disaster. There was no attempt to rectify the debacle of the mis-assigned rooms or the fact that one of the people in our group had money stolen by individuals in his locked room while he was away.
At the time, we felt that the response from the management team was completely non-existent. To date, I feel that the response has not only been poor, it has been downright deplorable.
Upon returning home, following a very tumultuous weekend at the hands of the Comfort Suites, I contacted the Choice Hotels corporate Head Office who ultimately launched their own investigation and placed the onus on the General Manager to resolve the situation. Head Office said that I would receive a response to my formal complaint by the hotel by Friday, May 12. Not surprisingly, I did not receive any response from anyone at the hotel. During this time, Rick contacted the police in Allentown to file an official complaint with them. But, really, what are they gonna do?
Finally, feeling frustrated, I called Head Office again on Monday, May 15. Ultimately, they put me in direct contact with the General Manager, which is the first time we spoke since May 5th. On the phone, the GM told me that we should contact the police, which I told him we had done. He went on to say that he was essentially unwilling to take any action to resolve our complaints and make things right. Towards the end of our conversation, he said that he would be willing to compensate Rick for one night if he were to provide his credit card information.
Which brings me to my next complaint. Upon speaking with Tom (the individual who had stayed at the hotel for only one night), I learned that HE had been charged for three nights instead of one. Additionally, he had spoken to the GM about it, but he refused to believe that he was in room 232 and not in room 402, which was Rick's room. Rather than refund the two night's charges, the GM instead told Tom that he will only do so if Rick pays for those nights. This is completely baffling.
- Once we were checked into unoccupied rooms, the front desk staff assigned at least two of our rooms to other people. The people who were assigned Rick's room remained in the room with his things in spite of the fact that it was clearly occupied already. As a result, Rick has lost $500.
- The GM’s response to our concerns and complaints has been defensive and excuse-laden. For over two weeks, no effort to resolve the issues has been undertaken by anyone at the hotel.
- Our very reasonable requests for a simple resolution (one room for three nights complementary) were met with disdain.
- The front desk staff assigned Tom's credit card to Rick's room mistakenly. This is likely because of the musical rooms we played on Thursday night. Tom stayed for one night only in room #232, NOT in room #402. The hotel refuses to credit Tom these additional charges. He has now filed a claim with Visa directly.
- I sent a very detailed and lengthy email to the GM on Wednesday (May 17th) but did not receive any reply. Today I called to see if it was his intention to address my concerns in any way. All he would do is say “This case is closed. Thank you very much,” over and over. I’m not sure how he can consider the case closed when he hasn’t done anything AT ALL about my complaints.
All of these things came about as a result of mistakes made by hotel staff and not through any of our own actions. I would think that in the hospitality industry, errors of this magnitude would be the type of thing a hotel would prefer to nip in the bud. Instead, the hotel has chosen to drag this issue out as long as possible in hopes that it will go away.
The Comfort Suites has always been a pleasant place to stay in years past, but this time customer service seemed to have vanished. I know that my group was not the only one affected by issues at this hotel. Our experience there put a very serious downer on what should have been a relaxing weekend. Instead it made me very anxious about the security of our possessions and, indeed, our safety. The credit card issues merely highlight the incompetence of the staff and the response to my concerns has been unbelievably poor.
All told, my group spent at least $3,420 at the hotel. We asked for merely a fraction of that (about 10%) in compensation for the debacle that was our stay that weekend.
If you are reading this in the future and are thinking about staying at a hotel in Allentown, do yourself a favour and avoid the Comfort Suites. They will assign you to rooms that are already occupied, give your room keys away happily to other people, put your safety and the security of your belongings at risk, screw up your billing and credit card information and will refuse to do anything to resolve any of the issues you encounter there.
If you don't want to take my word for it, there were a large number of long-time pinsiders who can vouch for everything I've stated here, for what it's worth.
Thanks again to Ivan for hosting a wonderful event. Please reconsider partnering with the Comfort Suites in the future. After this year, I can tell you with certainty that nobody I know personally will ever stay at that hotel ever again.
Thanks for reading.
Corey

Hi Corey, I had the same LAME experience you had, No Brains at the front desk! Thursday night at check-in they gave me room 407. My friend and I walked in to see a luggage bag on both beds. We left instantly! The brain dead staff then gave us another room with guests AND staff in the room as things were not working or missing, no shower curtain! So down to the desk again. These 3 front desk idiots went to give us room 407! That was Your first failure and it has someone's bags in it! We finally got two king bed rooms since they could not find a 2 queen room empty. The next day the same thing happen to us. We were assured that they would get things fixed and call me at the show on my cell and that we could safely leave our bags in the 2 rooms. While we were getting our things together as we did not trust them, my buddy had customers opening the door saying they were just given this room by the front desk! WTF! The front desk only said sorry will get this right and call you on your cell, No call came. I called the desk late Friday afternoon and a girl said that she did have a 2 queen bed room for us, all is well. Saturday morning there was no bill under the door so I asked the front desk to print me one. SORRY the system just went down. I get my credit card bill and they charge the 2 nights but when you book in advance they post a night to your card that is suppose to be credited to your card after the stay, That did not happen ( billed 3 nights). The assistant manager Amanda said that NO we credited it back to your card and if you want I can do a 3 way call with you credit card company. My Master card did just that and explained it was charged and you need to give back the $125.40 charge. She refused to do anything to help correct there inept system. My credit card said the only thing they can do to get my money back was to put it as fraud and cancel my card and send a new card and number. Sad to say that they will probably eat that cost, But Capital one bank has been very good to me over the years. Anyway I blasted them on the survey with all you just read and I get an e-mail the next day from a Alina J. , event coordinator say Sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you will stay again. That's it! LAMEST say at any hotel EVER. Ever since they became part of Choice the place has been Horrible! I will never say there or any other Choice hotel again! Would love to stop by next year and get a free coffee in the lobby and pour it into something I shouldn't ! We all should send them a signal by shunning them for pinfest 2018 and see if they like their empty hotel. Mike

#2456 6 years ago

Man, I must be one of the lucky ones. I booked my room early Thurs morning for Thurs and Fri nights. Single king bed. Got the so called Pinfest discount, $114 per night. The room was clean, bathroom as well. I left all my belongings, including a $1500 notebook computer in the room. Nothing was touched. When returning from the show Fri night, the bed was made up and new towels added. If I had known about all the problems everyone was having, I would have never left my pc in that room. I have stayed at the Comfort Suites for 3 years in a row without an issue but now I' afraid to next year. I will book my room earlier this time.

#2457 6 years ago

I had the same experience as Lovef2k; clean and secure room, competent front desk staff, no problems at all. Feel terrible for those who got hosed, and despite my good experiences this and last year, I'm seriously rethinking staying at CS again next year.

#2458 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Nothing against the 2nd floor but they don't have an elevator and we need to see how many pins we can drag in.

First floor room at the no-tell-motel near the airport....dragged this one in so it wouldn't get rained on in the truck. I always ask for first floor, in the back please....

pb at allentown (resized).jpgpb at allentown (resized).jpg

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

First floor room at the no-tell-motel near the airport....dragged this one in so it wouldn't get rained on in the truck. I always ask for first floor, in the back please....

Smart!

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Man, I must be one of the lucky ones. I booked my room early Thurs morning for Thurs and Fri nights. Single king bed. Got the so called Pinfest discount, $114 per night. The room was clean, bathroom as well. I left all my belongings, including a $1500 notebook computer in the room. Nothing was touched. When returning from the show Fri night, the bed was made up and new towels added. If I had known about all the problems everyone was having, I would have never left my pc in that room. I have stayed at the Comfort Suites for 3 years in a row without an issue but now I' afraid to next year. I will book my room earlier this time.

Just an fyi, I book my room 3 months in advance and we have been there for the last 8 years. But I will never stay there again. Stay at your own risk!

#2461 6 years ago
Quoted from mike-k:

Just an fyi, I book my room 3 months in advance and we have been there for the last 8 years. But I will never stay there again. Stay at your own risk!

If I do, which I doubt, I definitely won't leave anything valuable in the room.

#2462 6 years ago

Thanks for all the replies to my Comfort Suites chaos. Just FYI, I booked the rooms in December; you'd think that would be enough time for them to get organized. I've been booking 6 to 12 rooms annually for my group for years and it's never been an issue before. It always made sense to ensure we're all in the same place at the same rate. It's also easier than having to get everyone to do it on their own. This year, I should have known something was going to derail when they called me in April and told me that I couldn't hold more than four rooms under my name unless I personally paid for all of them in advance. I had to then have each individual in the group call and reserve their own room from the block I had already set aside. That in itself was a hassle.

I've posted my review on google and will be posting on Tripadvisor soon. I recommend that anyone else who has had a poor experience do the same. The GM there seems to have no idea how to manage people or provide even mediocre customer service and if they're not going to make things right, the only way we can do something about it is to tell the world. It won't make things better from my perspective, but at least it will hopefully prevent people in the future from having a similar weekend-crushing experience.

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Thanks for all the replies to my Comfort Suites chaos. Just FYI, I booked the rooms in December; you'd think that would be enough time for them to get organized. I've been booking 6 to 12 rooms annually for my group for years and it's never been an issue before. It always made sense to ensure we're all in the same place at the same rate. It's also easier than having to get everyone to do it on their own. This year, I should have known something was going to derail when they called me in April and told me that I couldn't hold more than four rooms under my name unless I personally paid for all of them in advance. I had to then have each individual in the group call and reserve their own room from the block I had already set aside. That in itself was a hassle.
I've posted my review on google and will be posting on Tripadvisor soon. I recommend that anyone else who has had a poor experience do the same. The GM there seems to have no idea how to manage people or provide even mediocre customer service and if they're not going to make things right, the only way we can do something about it is to tell the world. It won't make things better from my perspective, but at least it will hopefully prevent people in the future from having a similar weekend-crushing experience.

I will be posting my reviews as well and will also leave one on www.yelp.com

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from mike-k:

We all should send them a signal by shunning them for pinfest 2018 and see if they like their empty hotel.

Unfortunately the type of people who let this happen likely would prefer_ the hotel empty - employees who don't give a crap would rather sit there with nothing to do than to provide the customers the services they deserve/need/paid for.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Unfortunately the type of people who let this happen likely would prefer_ the hotel empty - employees who don't give a crap would rather sit there with nothing to do than to provide the customers the services they deserve/need/paid for.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

If we did boycott CS next year, maybe it would send a message to the upper management and they will notice the loss in revenue and clean house. I'm pretty sure the hotel is slow in the beginning of May and they get most of their business later in the summer from Dorney Park. On the other hand, most hotels get bad reviews anyway.

#2466 6 years ago

www.yelp.com/biz/comfort-suites-allentown

Take a few minutes and write a review! People really do read these things. If everyone from this thread who had issues posted a review it would definitely hurt their business.

#2467 6 years ago

We get it comfort suites blows. What do you expect for 70 dollars. Can we get back to the actual show feedback and start a new off topic thread to drone on about a bad hotel stay at a flea bag motel. Thanks.

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

We get it comfort suites blows. What do you expect for 70 dollars. Can we get back to the actual show feedback and start a new off topic thread to drone on about a bad hotel stay at a flea bag motel. Thanks.

$70? Try $115.

#2469 6 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/comfort-suites-allentown
Take a few minutes and write a review! People really do read these things. If everyone from this thread who had issues posted a review it would definitely hurt their business.

Not that you shouldn't post on Yelp as well, but Yelp has a history of being nothing but a bitchfest website. It's the place where everyone goes to complain. The South Park episode based on Yelp is pretty spot on. You may have better luck copying and posting on the corporate Facebook page and on TripAdvisor. Just a thought.

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason1413:

Not that you shouldn't post on Yelp as well, but Yelp has a history of being nothing but a bitchfest website. It's the place where everyone goes to complain. The South Park episode based on Yelp is pretty spot on. You may have better luck copying and posting on the corporate Facebook page and on TripAdvisor. Just a thought.

Post reviews everywhere! .. I just think its funny everyone is complaining here, but none on sites that will make a difference (no offense).

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

$70? that's the rate for Hotel Hell by the Airport. 120-ish with tax is not chump change . the strawberry waffles sucked wish they had kept the blueberry batter. my stay was good, clean room no issues but I'll be booking elsewhere, maybe
Days Inn for 2018

#2472 6 years ago

It is kinda funny that this thread became centered around one shitty hotel, when pinfest is located within minutes of many, many hotels. We could surely blacklist this one, stay at one of the many other nice ones, and move on.

#2473 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It is kinda funny that this thread became centered around one shitty hotel, when pinfest is located within minutes of many, many hotels. We could surely blacklist this one, stay at one of the many other nice ones, and move on.

I think that's because it's regarded as THE place to stay for the show, and it turned out to be such a hassle for so many show attendees. Just by dumb luck, I missed getting a reservation there, and stayed a stone's throw away at the Holiday Inn Express. Glad it turned out that way, although I missed hanging out with the guys staying at CS.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Im with JR my 6th year at CS and most of the "crew" stays there. It's part of the show seeing familiar faces at breakfast before you head over to the Fairgrounds.
Maybe Ivan can put a shoe up there ass, Pinfest gives Comfort Suites a steady repeat business.

The indoor flea rocked again as imminent rain dampened the more traditional outdoor flea. Some nice project games and a whole boatload of pinball and man cave stuff. York is moving the flea inside I've heard it's very smart move. I didn't have an issue with Psycho Guard asking for my wrist band while playing a pin. It sounds over the top to me. Last year I had the older guard with the side arm ask me 3 times within a 15 minute stretch for my band. This year I made sure it was really easy to spot.

Bottom line is there's nothing like Allentown I've already got some notes for next year's show to maximize my experience.

#2475 6 years ago

There are other hotels in the area...some of them are nice.

You guys should stay there next year.

#2476 6 years ago

ya dont even get what ya pay for!
i would pull my trailer and take a sleeping bag on the floor all day before staying in that pos hotel!

IMG_1108 (resized).JPGIMG_1108 (resized).JPG

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Same here...easy check in, clean room, efficient maid service, good price. I even responded to an emailed CSI survey and gave them 4-5 stars. I guess I was lucky, the inconsistency is a little troubling tho.

#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ya dont even get what ya pay for!
i would pull my trailer and take a sleeping bag on the floor all day before staying in that pos hotel!

Go big or go home sir!

IMG_1865 (resized).JPGIMG_1865 (resized).JPG

IMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPG

#2479 6 years ago
Quoted from mike-k:

Hi Corey, I had the same LAME experience you had, No Brains at the front desk! LAMEST say at any hotel EVER. Ever since they became part of Choice the place has been Horrible! I will never say there or any other Choice hotel again!

I've found that a polite, non-combative and coherent letter to the CEO of the offending company (is it Choice in this case?) can make an impact. "CC" other relevant parties, like the CEO of Comfort Suites in particular and the GM of the specific hotel you stayed at. If you are clear about what happened, clear about what you want and clear about any planned recourse (small claims court, contacting the BBB or local media, calling your credit card company, boycotting the hotel and encouraging others to do so, etc.) I'll bet you get an engaged response.

The two main horror stories posted here are truly awful and indicative of gross incompetence and mismanagement. You can bet your ass that the head of the company will be very interested. You've already convinced me not to stay at this particular CS location and I'll remember these CS stories when faced with future hotel choices anywhere else too.

Everyone loses here, unless and until the CS at least tries to make amends with those that had to endure this total BS experience.

Maybe Lawler can update the code of DialedIn to include the "Disaster in Allentown - Mayhem at the Comfort Suites!".

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Go big or go home sir!

love the little pee doors on the side, you dont mess around!

#2481 6 years ago

Regarding the Comfort Suites, I contacted everyone from the CS directly to head office in Arizona and nobody gave a shit. I was polite, respectful, clear and concise and somehow I turned into the bad guy for expecting reasonable customer service. I have posted reviews on here and on yelp, tripadvisor and google. And will still be reaching out to the BBB and taking other courses of action. Of course, I informed the GM that I was going to do all of these things, but he didn't care one bit. The owner of the franchise is http://www.joshihotels.com/ and they're not easy to get in touch with either, but I'm also convinced that at this point they'd tell me to piss off, too.

I sent my concerns to Ivan and he sent a nice reply saying that he'll be looking at other hotels next year.

BACK ON TOPIC....
A large contingent of Canadians has already booked at the Wingate just down from the CS for 2018. Yes, we're moving on.

Only 342 days to go!

#2482 6 years ago

Perhaps a concerted effort, like a mass emailing on the same day from all Pinsiders who haven't had problems with CS in past years but may take our business elsewhere in the future, like myself, may persuade management to get its act together. Receiving a hundred emails, all saying something along the lines of -

"I was chagrined to learn of the shoddy treatment of a fellow Pinfest attendee at your hotel. While I have stayed at Comfort Suites in the past, you will not receive any more of my business in future years unless.......etc."

- shows them that there's a potential loss of tens of thousands of dollars. I would think that's a fairly large downside for them.

#2483 6 years ago

There are local graduations in early May, but I think they fall more towards mid month. Also, Dorney Park is just getting going. The cool nights are not conducive to solid bookings based on the Amusement Park being up to full attendance. As others have stated, staying elsewhere seems to be the consensus of the majority.

I personally want to thank all the vendors, flea market Entrepreneurs for dragging all that stuff to make this the best show on the East Coast. Secondly, I want to thank people for bringing free play games to Allentown. It's a PITA to move pins from your sanctuary to the wild, and then back again. And thanks to Ivan, I am sure he will have a say in the Comfort Suites debacle.

#2484 6 years ago

I know this post is pretty late, but I just wanted to say that I think this show was the best Allentown show of the three that I have been to. I had my 2-month old met pro on free play in lermods' booth with some awesome mods that he installed (rob is a great guy by the way). Being my first NIB game, I was nervous that it would get dinged up, but that was not the case. The game looks as good as ever (actually, it looks better with the mods from lermods) and it was a good feeling to be a part of the show as I had never brought a game to a show before. I also learned some things from rob, from cointaker and from the guys at pingraphics. Thanks to everyone for bringing their games, it was a great show!

IMG_1886 (resized).JPGIMG_1886 (resized).JPG

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

I know this post is pretty late, but I just wanted to say that I think this show was the best Allentown show of the three that I have been to. I had my 2-month old met pro on free play in lermods' booth with some awesome mods that he installed (rob is a great guy by the way). Being my first NIB game, I was nervous that it would get dinged up, but that was not the case. The game looks as good as ever (actually, it looks better with the mods from lermods) and it was a good feeling to be a part of the show as I had never brought a game to a show before. I also learned some things from rob, from cointaker and from the guys at pingraphics. Thanks to everyone for bringing their games, it was a great show!

I really enjoyed your game at the booth too! One of my best games to date with 5-6 multiballs around 125 million. Thanks for bringing it!

1 week later
#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

It was our friend Irv Kigler. It was actually my booth that we shared with him. If there's anything u need from him in terms of our project pins (which we have many left) my email is [email protected].
-Michael Schnoll

I could use a set of displays, driver board and a power supply for the High Speed that he assured me was in working condition.

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from duanesmallman:

I could use a set of displays, driver board and a power supply for the High Speed that he assured me was in working condition.

What do mean "you could use"? We don't sell any of those parts. If this is about Irv himself you'd have to contact him. It's his stuff he just took some of my booth.

#2488 6 years ago

I'm not sure if Irv sells those parts either.

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

What do mean "you could use"? We don't sell any of those parts. If this is about Irv himself you'd have to contact him. It's his stuff he just took some of my booth.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post below, where you refer to them as "our project pins", imply that you have the rest of them, and then offer to be a contact if there's anything I need from him:

Quoted from Schnollms:

It was our friend Irv Kigler. It was actually my booth that we shared with him. If there's anything u need from him in terms of our project pins (which we have many left) my email is [email protected].
-Michael Schnoll

So, what's up? Your friend Irv sold me a "working" game that doesn't work, and it needs about $350 worth of parts to even boot up properly. I have no way to contact him, and you offered to be a go-between.

I'm not holding out hope that he or you (or whoever's games these are, you've made this unclear so far) would somehow make it square.

Just want to let your guy know that I don't appreciate him looking me in the eye, shaking my hand, and telling me it's all good when it's not even close. Feel free to pass that message along.

#2490 6 years ago

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post below, where you refer to them as "our project pins", imply that you have the rest of them, and then offer to be a contact if there's anything I need from him:

So, what's up? Your friend Irv sold me a "working" game that doesn't work, and it needs about $350 worth of parts to even boot up properly. I have no way to contact him, and you offered to be a go-between.
I'm not holding out hope that he or you (or whoever's games these are, you've made this unclear so far) would somehow make it square.
Just want to let your guy know that I don't appreciate him looking me in the eye, shaking my hand, and telling me it's all good when it's not even close. Feel free to pass that message along.

Irvs definition of working is not the definition that we think of when we hear "working" therefore I'm very sorry he sold u a broken pin. Maybe it was a mistake. Please don't take this out on me or anyone who we shared the booth with. There were 4 people including me who shared the booth but all of the project pins were irvs. I'm not sure why I said "our project pins" I should not have said that and was probably referring to our merchandise in general and i apologize for any confusion on that. Aside from me feeling bad about a sale that he messed up on I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry about what happend but your talking to the wrong person.

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Irvs definition of working is not the definition that we think of when we hear "working" therefore I'm very sorry he sold u a broken pin. Please don't take this out on me or anyone who we shared the booth with. There were 4 people including me who shared the booth but all of the project pins were irvs. I'm not sure why I said "our project pins" I should not have said that and was probably referring to our merchandise in general and i apologize for any confusion on that. Aside from me feeling bad about a sale that he messed up on I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry about what happend but your talking to the wrong person.

@schnollms
I suggest that you send a pm to duanesmallman with the seller's contact information; email, phone#, Pinside id.

#2493 6 years ago

It's normally $70. They gouged you Pinfest guys.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Go big or go home sir!

That's Thursday afternoon and those are my Star Trek and Playboy pins I brought to the show that the guy is looking at.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#2495 6 years ago

Quick note for the locals... There will be a new tournament happening in Allentown beginning in July at Penn Skate Arcade. The plan for now is to meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month as we get things started. After that, we may explore doing a league in the fall. This will be an IFPA tournament (it has been submitted, just waiting on approval). Hope to see you all there.

More info on the first event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1938423439765620/
Info for all future events: https://www.facebook.com/PennSkateArcade

#2496 6 years ago

Casey, ping me on FB so I don't forget. It's a stretch but I might could swing it.

#2497 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Quick note for the locals... There will be a new tournament happening in Allentown beginning in July at Penn Skate Arcade. The plan for now is to meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month as we get things started. After that, we may explore doing a league in the fall. This will be an IFPA tournament (it has been submitted, just waiting on approval). Hope to see you all there.
More info on the first event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1938423439765620/
Info for all future events: https://www.facebook.com/PennSkateArcade

I league I may be interested in.

#2498 6 years ago

I'm already booked at Days Inn for 2018. Comfort Suites can go pound it.

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I league I may be interested in.

I'll keep you posted on if there is a league. There is definitely an early interest in a league from the few people I've talked to. But we really need to test the waters with a couple of monthly tournaments before we can commit to a league. But if the demand is there, it'll happen!

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I'm already booked at Days Inn for 2018. Comfort Suites can go pound it.

Days Inn is a dump. HI Express right next to Comfort Suites is pretty good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Durham, NH
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/50?hl=mike-k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.