1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 51.
#151 7 years ago

Is it possible to ship privately purchased pins directly from the show? Anyone ever done this?

#152 7 years ago

I'm interested in picking up an El Dorado if one of the EM guys is going to have one there.

#153 7 years ago

Does a regular ticket to the show allow access to the free play area?

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Does a regular ticket to the show allow access to the free play area?

Yes

#155 7 years ago

It offers acces to the entire building for that day

#156 7 years ago

I would like to add a Classic Stern to the lineup...Especially StarGazer, Seawitch and 9balls.
Let me know what you have.

#157 7 years ago

I will be bringing a game for the free play area. What would you like?

Airborne, Pinball Magic, a fair Black Knight 2000, or Terminator 3?

Last year I brought Pinball Magic and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Not one you see all the time.

Chris

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Last year I brought Pinball Magic and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Not one you see all the time.
Chris

Definitely bring back pinball magic!

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I'll be bringing another load of backglasses, woodrail legs, coin boxes, metal legs, metal back doors, etc and a couple dozen project machines to the indoor flea market again this year. No list or anything until about two weeks before the show. Same space as the past couple years back in the corner by the bathrooms.
This years my load may be limited by trailer size unless I decide to rent storage in Allentown and move some machines into the Allentown area ahead of time. No shortage of machines & parts to sell just limited on how much I can move with a smaller trailer. Two spaces will be rented again - I just need to figure out how to move more stuff to Allentown once show gets a little closer.
Can't wait until show is actually underway. Hopefully this year will be better than last as far as set up day! I know I'll check in with Ivan ahead of time this year instead of waiting around 5 hours to get unloaded. I know last year was not his fault but it was disappointing to get their at noon and not be able to get into the building until after 5 PM.

too-many-pins and ibuypinballs have you thought about renting a storage unit for two months (April and May)? Many storage unit places offer short term leases. You could store a full load in April, bring up a full load the day of the show resulting in twice the merchandise! You could probably make enough profit off one extra sale to pay the storage fee. After the show if you still have more than you can take home you store that excess at the storage unit, and then pick it up in a week or two after the show.

Could we get a local Pinsider like Gatecrasher Butch2099 or hoby1 can research local storage units for the forum.

John

#160 7 years ago

Chris

Bring back the pinball magic!! Was my fav if the show.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

too-many-pins and ibuypinballs have you thought about renting a storage unit for two months (April and May)? Many storage unit places offer short term leases. You could store a full load in April, bring up a full load the day of the show resulting in twice the merchandise! You could probably make enough profit off one extra sale to pay the storage fee. After the show if you still have more than you can take home you store that excess at the storage unit, and then pick it up in a week or two after the show.
Could we get a local Pinsider like gatecrasher butch2099 or hoby1 can research local storage units for the forum.
John

John,

I had actually seriously considered that last year and that is likely what I'll be doing this year. I sold my 'bigger" trailer last year and just picked up a beautiful 6x12 single axle trailer this week but the 6x12 will cut my load size almost in half. So local storage is likely my only choice for 2017 unless I rent a U-haul truck but I know storage will be cheaper than a U-haul. Plus with my warehouse deal I'll need more short term storage anyway.

I never worry about having too much stuff to bring home in one load because ever year I have sold at least 80% of the machines I have taken to the show and all most all the legs, backglasses, etc. So it is really just more about getting extras to the show than anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

#162 7 years ago

Pinball Magic for sure. I didn't get a chance to play it.

#163 7 years ago

I'll be bringing another load of backglasses, woodrail legs, coin boxes, metal legs, metal back doors, etc and a couple dozen project machines to the indoor flea market again this year.

I'll definitely be stopping by to take a look at your supply. Specifically, the legs, backglass, and project pins for sure. Any of them a Mariner by chance?

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Could we get a local Pinsider like gatecrasher butch2099 or hoby1 can research local storage units for the forum.
John

John, great idea but may work better for Skip than myself. I always seem to squeeze everything in the trailer and truck. If I had I could always run back being I am just over an hour from the show. Haven't done a lot with pinball in the last several month, my father is terminally ill and have been spending as much time with him as possible. Even if I don't pick up any machines between now and the show I will still have a full packed trailer. Pete.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

John, great idea but may work better for Skip than myself. I always seem to squeeze everything in the trailer and truck. If I had I could always run back being I am just over an hour from the show. Haven't done a lot with pinball in the last several month, my father is terminally ill and have been spending as much time with him as possible. Even if I don't pick up any machines between now and the show I will still have a full packed trailer. Pete.

Pete,

Sorry to hear about you dad - we have been through that with both of my parents as well as with both of Barb's parents and it is always a tough time. I found the best way to not let it get you down is to remember & talk about the "good times" and be sure to thank your dad for all he did for you when you were growing up. You wouldn't be the man you are today if it wasn't for your parents and the Pete I know turned out pretty darn good so I would say your parents did a good job.

Best of luck!
Skip

PS - PM me if there is anything I can do for you or even if you just need someone to talk to.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from BenTheCartoon:

I'll definitely be stopping by to take a look at your supply. Specifically, the legs, backglass, and project pins for sure. Any of them a Mariner by chance?

No Mariner at this point but I am hoping to get into the "main warehouse load of machines" I am buying before the Allentown Show so there is always a chance! I know there isn't any in the first unit I am currently working on but I have not even seen the other unit yet.

#167 7 years ago

Chris

Airborne gets my vote.

#168 7 years ago

Pete,
Sorry to hear about you dad - we have been through that with both of my parents as well as with both of Barb's parents and it is always a tough time. I found the best way to not let it get you down is to remember & talk about the "good times" and be sure to thank your dad for all he did for you when you were growing up. You wouldn't be the man you are today if it wasn't for your parents and the Pete I know turned out pretty darn good so I would say your parents did a good job.
Best of luck!
Skip
PS - PM me if there is anything I can do for you or even if you just need someone to talk to.

Skip, appreciate the kind words. Hospice doesn't think he will make the weekend. Spent good quality time with him the last couple months. Still dealing with the loss of my closest non pinball friend at the young age of 51 three weeks ago. It's been a year of pure hell. Dad's in extreme pain at this point and morphine does not give much comfort. Times like this is when you find out who your true friends are. Thanks again for your concern. See you in Allentown and good luck with the warehouse purchase. Pete

#169 7 years ago

I'm on the fence about going. I have a really nice STTNG I was thinking of bringing.

Cointaker super LEDs
Color DMD
Pinnovators headphone jack
Flipper Fidelity Speakers
Pinbits shaker motor (I don't think this is available anymore)
Pinbits Borg ship windows
Cliffy protectors
Metal Lane extenders
Plastic protectors
Domed cannons
New side rails
No Ghosting ROMs
New Glass

$5100, PM me for more details. If I took a deposit on it, that would solidify my decision to go.

#170 7 years ago

With Alien hopefully being my next purchase it's an odd feeling getting ready for the show with no intentions of buying a game. Gotta figure out what game/s will be ready and willing to sell to bring up. Shadow and TMNT might be on the block. Maybe a dual monitor playchoice 10.

Also the farmers market food is totally over rated. It's only that good compared to the food at the venue. Not many other close options though.

#171 7 years ago

No Mariner at this point but I am hoping to get into the "main warehouse load of machines" I am buying before the Allentown Show so there is always a chance! I know there isn't any in the first unit I am currently working on but I have not even seen the other unit yet.

Keep me in mind if you find any sonic games or parts. thx I will be at Allentown for sure.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

With Alien hopefully being my next purchase it's an odd feeling getting ready for the show with no intentions of buying a game. Gotta figure out what game/s will be ready and willing to sell to bring up. Shadow and TMNT might be on the block. Maybe a dual monitor playchoice 10.
Also the farmers market food is totally over rated. It's only that good compared to the food at the venue. Not many other close options though.

I feast on the ribs at the farmers market every year!

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Where have you been eating? The pizza place near the entrance? There are quite a lot of good options beyond that. I usually wander for a half hour trying to decide.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There are quite a lot of good options. I usually wander for a half hour trying to decide.

Yeah I'd have to agree, the farmers market food choices are plentiful and prices are reasonable. Pretty much any type of cuisine is there from what I remember, quality is decent, and it's difficult to make a choice. It's super easy to walk over and eat good. The only reason I'd drive off the fairgrounds for lunch is to grab a cocktail somewhere. And there's a 1/2 decent place for that within a mile or two, I can't find it on maps but I think someone mentioned it already.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Where have you been eating? The pizza place near the entrance? There are quite a lot of good options beyond that. I usually wander for a half hour trying to decide.

Required eating. The pretzel wraps at Billy's in the market.

000-0pins (resized).jpg000-0pins (resized).jpg

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

The pretzel wraps at Billy's in the market

Totally agree, almost mentioned them specifically in my last post because I think they stole show in the food category for me last year.

#177 7 years ago

the chicken pot pie in the back of the farmers market aint too shabby! and had a pretzel cheesesteak that was pretty good too.
lots of good food in the farmers market.

#178 7 years ago

Looking for a Fathom project. Lets setup now for pickup at the show! I want another project guys! Pm me with what you got. I even have some trade bait!

#179 7 years ago

Looking for a White Water. Really miss having one.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Required eating. The pretzel wraps at Billy's in the market.

Yes. And the omelette I had at badda bing on Saturday morning was simply great. No wonder every stool is often occupied.

http://www.badabingg2.com

-Rob
-visit me at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#181 7 years ago

Bada Bing also had a great cheesesteak.
There's a NY pizza place that's good on the corner of Liberty & 17th (entrance near show is Liberty & 19th)

Reasonable close (but not walkable) is Wegmans, Outback, Panera, Chipolte, Boston Market, Yocco's, all the usual fast food places and there is a place called Cali Burrito that just moved close to the show (almost walkable) they moved there because the old place they were in was always packed.
If you go hungry in Allentown it's your own fault

#182 7 years ago

Looking to pick up a Swords of Fury or Haunted House at Pinfest. PM me if you have one to bring.

#183 7 years ago

Is pinfest like Walt Disney World or Busch Gardens. Can you buy a beer at the show?

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Is pinfest like Walt Disney World or Busch Gardens. Can you buy a beer at the show?

Sadly, no. You can't buy or bring alcohol.

#185 7 years ago

looking for a bsd, but it must be top notch.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

#187 7 years ago

Ok, I'll bring my diet Coke.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not being bold about it is the key. If you need a beer or a mixed drink don't walk around with it without being discrete and you will be OK. It is the guys that feel the need to make a big deal about it that will ruin things for everyone. Be smart and just stay low profile and you will be fine. Kind of like having a beer at your kids grade school sporting event! Hell - buy a can of soda and dump the soda and fill the can with beer if you feel the need to walk around with one in your hand!

#189 7 years ago

I hate mixed drinks but love a Grouper sandwich and a pitcher of beer

#190 7 years ago

Dr Dave turned me on to this place and now I get an order of Pho every time I go to Allentown. It's in the farmers market but you need to walk down towards the back end.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/dining/mc-loans-vietnamese-bistro-allentown-review-20151117-story.html

mc-loans-vietnamese-bistro-allentown-review-20151117 (resized).jpgmc-loans-vietnamese-bistro-allentown-review-20151117 (resized).jpg

#191 7 years ago

The key with the food at Allentown is "don't be stupid" - Farmers Market has some great food but pizza or the first sandwich stand inside the door (not picking on anyone) is not the answer. Walk around and take a look at different food vendors and you can find some great food but logic should tell you pizza on pre-made crust doesn't stand a chance of being good!

Last year my wife walked over to the farmers market for the food and every time she came back with something that was excellent. Right down to a fried vegetable platter that was over the top good. (But she keeps me from eating too much fried food so she would only get that once all weekend.) I could have had it for every meal!

Since I don't normally have time to leave the stand I can't say which vendors are the best but I can say if you look with your eyes open there is some great food right on site. Just make sure to leave the hall to get food - one year I made the mistake of just grabbing a hot dog right at the show - what a waste!

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Bring a bubba mug and refill it as you go (from your vehicle when the inbreed on the golf cart is not nearby)....

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

No!! But there's a shitload of pins!!

#194 7 years ago

We are going to be there with a lot of pins and parts!

#195 7 years ago

PinballSTAR will be there with our large booth filled with tons of stuff for folks to play / buy :
Planning on (subject to change due to availability / inventory at that time) :

*JJP :
Wizard of Oz
Hobbit
Dialed In
*Planetary Pinball / Chicago Gaming :
Medieval Madness Remake
Attack From Mars Remake ?
*VP Cabs (Virtual Pinball) :
Wizard
Mini
Vertigo - Arcade and Virtual Pinball
*Spooky Pinball :
America's Most Haunted
Rob Zombie
*Chicago Gaming :
Arcade Legends
Coffee Table Foosball
...and we always try to bring some neat stuff from our personal collection for everyone to enjoy...

We are looking forward to sponsoring the tournament again with prizes / gift certificates as we always do !

We might plan to do another children's hospital charity raffle - anyone up for them again ? We donated 3 WOZ's to hospitals last year as a result ! One for each show we did in 2016...

Remember to support the distributors who support the shows and do things in the hobby and not just sell you games ! : )

We are having an inventory reduction sale at this time to make room and $ for all the new 2017 games - email Joe at [email protected] for details / pricing !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#196 7 years ago

Thanks Joe for always bringing a great selection to the shows. I look forward to checking out Dialed In.

#197 7 years ago

Joe, can you bring along the new Jetsons?

#198 7 years ago

Is anyone bringing a walking dead? Didn't see one last year at any of the vendors.

#199 7 years ago

Can't wait for the show!

Looking for...

- Haunted House original backglass and any plastics

- El Dorado EM

Would be open to other Gottlieb Wedge Head EM's in good working and aesthetic condition if someone has one for sale... There's a little unused nook in my game room with 70" or less ceiling space, and a wedge head fits perfectly.

#200 7 years ago

Last year was my first time and it was awesome! Can't wait!

Little early maybe but looking for a decent to nice Fireball II playfield if there's one out there. I have a project game with pretty good cab and perfect bg but the playfield is pretty far gone.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/4?hl=benthecartoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.