Topic Stats

• 2,507 posts
  • 375 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1886 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1865 (resized).JPG
IMG_1108 (resized).JPG
pb at allentown (resized).jpg
yeah-right.gif
no_irish (resized).jpg
1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

There are 2507 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 51.
#2201 2 years ago

Mark, I know. I'm really bummed I didn't see you yesterday. I meant to roam the floor and find people and hang out and I kept getting sidetracked by games I wanted to try. I wasn't feeling too great either. Drank some bad beer the night before and was a little off all day. I didn't even enjoy my Vietnamese at the farmers mart.

I did put up a GC score on one of the BM66's though. 510M. Is that any good? Got my initials on three games during the day, so that was cool.

I think we need to have another local party. Get some people together.

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I was thinking about something for next year. I was inspired by the short legged Mario Bros pin that was the perfect size for my 4 year old. Would a "kid" area be cool? Like, must be under x- ft tall to enter and just have a few shorter pins available for them? Just a thought. Where do you find short legs like that anyway?

That was my buddy Toms. He just cut a set of legs down and welded the bottom piece back on. Heard a few people say they wanted a set either for their kids or for sitting on a chair and shopping a game.

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

That was my buddy Toms. He just cut a set of legs down and welded the bottom piece back on. Heard a few people say they wanted a set either for their kids or for sitting on a chair and shopping a game.

Yep. I'd take one. Gotta get the grandkids into pinball. Now if only I could find a Nip It--preferably one that only plays two players...

#2204 2 years ago

Thank him again for selling them to me! I told my niece and I will be short legging my met pro (front row in free play this year) next time she comes over by her request!
It was a nice win for me

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can't complain though I got a gorgeous Robocop.

How much were you able to get him down? That was a pretty solid example.

#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

This is probably going to make a few people mad at me.
I hear everyone thanking all the vendors for the things they are going through but, have mixed feelings about that because they aren't going through this as a volunteer, every time I have been a vendor for anything like this , it was to put money in my pocket whether by exposure to the crowd or direct sales. Of course these are quality vendors and have awesome products. And they all do a good job of selling stuff including the display machines

I feel kind of the opposite. As volunteers, we aren't putting as much on the line. If the effort goes flat.. what are we out? Our pride? A few hours of our week? Gas and a trailer? The vendors are doing this as a business - as a way to feed their families. If they over-extend themselves, they have a real loss.. not just time and gas money like we do. It takes a lot of faith to put not just your heart, but your wallet out there IN ADVANCE. These guys are anchors of the shows. No they aren't doing it as charities, but they also don't have to be aggressive.. they could take the easy way out and just do the minimium to make sure they are still advertising, etc. But each year, the big three like PinballStar, Cointaker, and Marco keep upping their game... committing more and more making the show presence even better.

It wasn't that long ago that you had to wonder if even the latest games would be at the show at all... now this year we had not only the latest games, but 2-4 copies of them.. and the latest industry prototypes. Yes they are there to sell, but it still takes a huge outlay on their part to make it happen.

Or we can have what we used to.. which is when companies like PBR found it too much of a hassle to travel to Allentown and just stopped coming.

This isn't to poop on volunteers. I put my games out year over year, and work hauling OTHER people's games, and participate even when not really interested for myself... to help ensure we continue to advance the scene and events. But besides taking some vacation days and risking more bad mojo with the wife... there isn't a whole lot of true risk we are putting out there. The games are just physical objects... a little wear or extra parts is no big deal. It's not gonna change my day job life. Vendors - there is more on the line.

Just my .02c

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How much were you able to get him down? That was a pretty solid example.

I don't negotiate when I see a fair deal, especially if the seller is willing to take paypal.

I wasn't trying to negotiate on that Stars and still lost it

I did do a very quick price discussion on the Volley I got but that was quick and painless we came to fair terms fast. It's not the pride of the fleet condition wise but I've always wanted a Volley and this is the first time I've even had a chance at one. Setting that up tomorrow!

Part of the fun of a show like this is negotiating on something you don't really need. People love it at the show, you can tell.

#2208 2 years ago

I had a great time at the for both days.

First time setting up a game for free play; brought Jack's Open, had only got it up and running the day before with the help of Nico and it had over 300 plays without going down.

Enjoyed seeing everyone and enjoyed playing some games.

#2209 2 years ago

Whatever happen to SHOW Prices? Seems like retailers like CT and others sell at full retail price. When I pointed out website price is same as show, the reply was "but you save shipping cost". Yeah, but I drove hours and spent $20 to get in.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Whatever happen to SHOW Prices? Seems like retailers like CT and others sell at full retail price. When I pointed out website price is same as show, the reply was "but you save shipping cost". Yeah, but I drove hours and spent $20 to get in.

And you paid for me to get in lol !

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Still cheaper than shipping it :p

They often have show specials.. but an across the board expectation of discounts is unrealistic. You get those on the demos, things they don't want to take home, etc.

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

MSRP Pricing on NIB are more controlled these days.

Think Rolex Watches

#2213 2 years ago

I saw this really nice restored Joker Poker. It was a real treat to play an older game that looked and played like it was brand new.

2017-05-08 01_56_36-Clipboard (resized).jpg20170506185221294 (resized).jpg2017-05-08 01_57_19-Clipboard (resized).jpg

#2214 2 years ago

It was a nice game but when I played it the right flipper was a little weak. I think the switch needed a tweak. Definitely one of the nicest Joker Pokers out there though. I looked to see if it was for sale but it wasn't.

There were other machines that weren't quite ready for the free play area though. By day two there were several that were either totally out of order or working sub-par. I'm kind of anal when it comes to that. I've had some of mine break at shows before but I usually take the extra time to make them as robust as possible to ensure they operate as perfectly as possible and have the best chance for zero issues. I hate having to work on them at a show.

The two I brought were solid this year and they got a lot of plays. No issues except I had to replace three bulbs. Everything else was 100%.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I feel kind of the opposite. As volunteers, we aren't putting as much on the line. If the effort goes flat.. what are we out? Our pride? A few hours of our week? Gas and a trailer? The vendors are doing this as a business - as a way to feed their families. If they over-extend themselves, they have a real loss.. not just time and gas money like we do. It takes a lot of faith to put not just your heart, but your wallet out there IN ADVANCE. These guys are anchors of the shows. No they aren't doing it as charities, but they also don't have to be aggressive.. they could take the easy way out and just do the minimium to make sure they are still advertising, etc. But each year, the big three like PinballStar, Cointaker, and Marco keep upping their game... committing more and more making the show presence even better.
It wasn't that long ago that you had to wonder if even the latest games would be at the show at all... now this year we had not only the latest games, but 2-4 copies of them.. and the latest industry prototypes. Yes they are there to sell, but it still takes a huge outlay on their part to make it happen.
Or we can have what we used to.. which is when companies like PBR found it too much of a hassle to travel to Allentown and just stopped coming.
This isn't to poop on volunteers. I put my games out year over year, and work hauling OTHER people's games, and participate even when not really interested for myself... to help ensure we continue to advance the scene and events. But besides taking some vacation days and risking more bad mojo with the wife... there isn't a whole lot of true risk we are putting out there. The games are just physical objects... a little wear or extra parts is no big deal. It's not gonna change my day job life. Vendors - there is more on the line.
Just my .02c

Your absolutely right about the risk involved for the vendors, I've been there too many times in the past, and was just not seeing the big picture in that the show needs vendors and volunteers alike to continue going that extra mile for it to be the success it is. Thanks for the different opinion

#2216 2 years ago

Someone was asking earlier about some video for War, and I stumbled across a few seconds in a walk through video, though it isn't a terribly exciting moment during the game:

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone was asking earlier about some video for War, and I stumbled across a few seconds in a walk through video, though it isn't a terribly exciting moment during the game:
ยป YouTube video

Looks exciting enough to me!

(Might have trouble finding a pal to play on the other end at 3 AM though)

#2218 2 years ago

Also, considering how bad most of the "versus" pinball machines were, that one looks pretty fun! (Looks fun regardless, though, of course)

#2219 2 years ago

It has a 1-player mode, though it's much more fun with two players.

#2220 2 years ago

I watched a couple of little dudes - not sure if they were brothers or what but both under ten - have the absolute best time playing that game. It put a huge grin on my face. I meant to say 'hi' Force but every time I saw you, you looked like you were on a mission. Thanks for bringing it.

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I watched a couple of little dudes - not sure if they were brothers or what but both under ten - have the absolute best time playing that game. It put a huge grin on my face. I meant to say 'hi' Force but every time I saw you, you looked like you were on a mission. Thanks for bringing it.

Haha, that's awesome, wish I saw them going at it.

If you saw me on Friday, I was probably hunting for some parts to get Hulk up and running. Wish you would've said hi, though--I would've liked to say hi back

#2222 2 years ago

Some news coverage:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/allentown/mc-pictures-pinfest-2017-spring-pinball-show-20170505-photogallery.html

And War made an appearance

mc-pictures-pinfest-2017-spring-pinball-show-2-027 (resized).jpg

#2223 2 years ago

I did an interview and demonstration last year for WFMZ, don't think they ever used ANY of the footage from the entire show though. Or at least I've never found it.

#2224 2 years ago

Out of a few hours worth of recorded footage, a network might end up airing only 10-30 seconds of it.

#2225 2 years ago

That Joker Poker was Beautiful and played great.

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Out of a few hours worth of recorded footage, a network might end up airing only 10-30 seconds of it.

Yeah, but no mention of it anywhere on the internet. So I guess it was never used at all. :O I don't think anything gets aired anymore on semi-major local networks without the internet side of it, but who knows...

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Flipper Fidelity had sale prices for the show. Was really happy to see that.

#2228 2 years ago

We were surprised to see the doors open at 11:30 when we arrived this year. We usually attend on sat. Was this due to the rain? it was an excellent show but here are a few thoughts:
1) bm66 played ok but nothing out of the ordinary or very exciting.
2) Alien had clunky /weak flippers other than that I like the game but cancelled my LE preorder until production games are out to make a final decision.
3) Aerosmith played better than I expected. Couldn't barely hear jackey(probably for the better).seemed like a fairly solid game.
4) dialed in. Hate the theme but it played well. Solid /tight flippers like a BW new out of the box back in the day. Jack please select a title I want to buy for your next release!
5) Houdini seems to have great potential. Really looking forward to playing a production model in the future.
Just like most others stated Hercules was fun to play just for the novelty factor. Last time I played one was 1998! Randy looks like a midget(no offense) playing it!

image (resized).jpeg

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

This was my first time bringing a game to a show for free play and I found it incredibly rewarding. I loved seeing people enjoy my game! It left the show in as good of condition as it arrived; zero issues with heavy use or abuse of any sort. Only 366 games played during the show- I had thought it would be closer to 600.
Till next year!

This was one of the highlights for me as I have never had a chance to play IJ until this show and yours was awesome dailed in with colorDMD. Thank you so much for bringing it I came back multiple times to play it. I think it should have won best in show DMD over the TAFG.

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah. Blame yourself. You didn't say hi to me.

What the hell you guys? Even I met him!

Chris

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Flipper Fidelity had sale prices for the show. Was really happy to see that.

Yeah, me too, picked up a set myself.

#2232 2 years ago

Enjoyed my first Pinfest with my 11 year old son. Wasn't too bad a drive coming down from the Toronto area, likely 7-8 hours. I had planned on picking up a Disco Fever or Shadow but somehow ended up buying a wide body Genie. Thanks to Ivan for helping me load the Genie into my SUV. I was probably his only customer of the day that didn't try to haggle over the price. He put on a great show! Hell, if you can organize a show of this magnitude, maybe consider running for President in the future Coming back over the Canadian border, I thought they might ask to check inside the machine but they didn't even make me pay any taxes which was a bonus.

Thanks to KAWYDUD for the Getaway Supercharger ramp sign I have been searching for. I greatly appreciate the generosity!

Didn't think I would get the Genie back out of my SUV and into my basement. It was a struggle, but it is now in place. Highly recommend the show to those considering attending it in the future.

Show peg (resized).jpg

#2233 2 years ago

Is the date already set for Pinfest 2018?

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

There are definitely opportunities for show deals, I stopped by Laseriffic, and asked about a ST topper I had been looking at for a year or more usually $165 on the website + shipping and was able to grab it for $150. They threw in a t-shirt as well.

Joe from pingraffix, threw in a coffin decal for me.

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Yeah, me too, picked up a set myself.

Picked up two sets of Flipper Fidelity speakers. Michael is a good guy, straight shooter. I installed one set already and love them!

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Picked up two sets of Flipper Fidelity speakers. Michael is a good guy, straight shooter. I installed one set already and love them!

Just remember you're supposed to install them with the cone facing AWAY from the cabinet.

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

There are definitely opportunities for show deals, I stopped by Laseriffic, and asked about a ST topper I had been looking at for a year or more usually $165 on the website + shipping and was able to grab it for $150. They threw in a t-shirt as well.
Joe from pingraffix, threw in a coffin decal for me.
Flipper Fidelity had a 15% off sale, and was willing to knock $75 off one of the toppers for me.

I got a nice taxi departure ramp with an extra set of decals for $98 and got a 2x16 digit PinLED Display set for a cool Hundo. Both great deals no tax no shipping. Entry price rose $5 from last year though right? And the glass guy was charging an extra $5 per sheet too but still great deals!

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I got a nice taxi departure ramp with an extra set of decals for $98 and got a 2x16 digit PinLED Display set for a cool Hundo. Both great deals no tax no shipping. Entry price rose $5 from last year though right? And the glass guy was charging an extra $5 per sheet too but still great deals!

Thought it was $17 last year

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It has a 1-player mode, though it's much more fun with two players.

I played WAR with TK-the-jammer, he beat me 3x in a row. That shot through the middle that kills your opponents flipper power was great. Definitely a fun game, reminded me of bubble hockey with pinball.

#2240 2 years ago

Remember all the bitching about early games leaving last year, both from show attendees with nothing to play, and buyers and sellers complaining about the door nazis trying to get them not to leave?

They did VERY well this year. The $40 removal fee was clearly stated on the pricing signs, and there was much less of this than before. I don't think it was an issue at all this year and there were very few people breaking games down in the early afternoon. Nice job!

#2241 2 years ago

Quick recap from our trip. Once again the girlfriend enjoyed the 2 day trip along with the tournament. Of course I enjoyed the show. She is already asking what our next trip will be, Pinburgh or Pintastic? Decisions decisions.

Anyways, great time both days as this was our 2nd year attending so we weren't as overwhelmed as last year. We passed on adding a game to our collection as she really wants a Hobbit although it's not in our price range at the moment. Finally added several faces to Pinside names which was cool. Bought some killer LED's from Colson at Lights Out Pinball, the guy is awesome and so is LOP. Every time I walked by their booth they had 3-4 customers deep!

*Thanks to Ivan for putting the show on. I did notice a significant number of machines were still on the floor Saturday at 1pm.

*Thanks to Jay and his crew for running the tournaments!

*Thanks to all the vendors who made the trip and thanks for bringing all the latest games.

*First time having the stuffed pretzels from the Farmers Market, they were awesome! I tried several flavors but the Chicken/Bacon/Ranch was the winning formula for me!

*2018 would like to see an official Pinsiders Meet Up established. I know lot's of people talked about it on here but I didn't see anything official, plus we had people organizing different meet ups at the different hotels. Let's try and find a spot we can all meet up and socialize/network in 2018, should you choose to partake.

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

*First time having the stuffed pretzels from the Farmers Market, they were awesome! I tried several flavors but the Chicken/Bacon/Ranch was the winning formula for me!

Had one of those Chicken/Bacon/Ranch ones myself and loved it, even luke warm since it was sitting about 30min till I could get to it

#2243 2 years ago

Looks like a fun event. One of these years I'll make it out. Looking forward to seeing TNT's video with all the "neat stuff".

#2244 2 years ago

I had a great time at the show. I really wanted that Ice Fever. That thing was beautiful and at a good price. First time I ever played it. Somebody bought it.

#2245 2 years ago

Just some of my thoughts about the show...

Houdini looked incredible, but I felt it played a bit too tight. I couldn't hit the ramp to save my life, and other shots just seemed frustrating, when I was hoping for more of a ''flowy'' game.

Dialed in. This thing played great, I was very impressed. The theme is still eh, but man, it plays so well.

Alien. I saw a lot of frustration with players, but I found the flow and really lit this thing up. It has a boat load of shots, I never felt like I didn't have some shot to try for, I enjoyed this game.

AFM remake. Flippers were not lined up correctly, but the game played like an AFM (go figure, right?) At that starting price point, it's a solid deal imo.

I picked up a Stern Rolling Stones on Thursday night that was for sale in a vendor spot. Couldn't be happier with it, love the game. Also bought side blades for it, which are awesome- that vendor was great. We were able to play on Thursday in our room at The Holiday Inn next to Comfort Suites, but it wasn't happening Friday night, as someone kept calling the front desk- and we hadn't even turned it on yet. Next year it's comfort suites all the way where everyone staying there is a pinhead, we're all set getting threatened with ''next time we're calling the cops''

My Bally Rolling Stones in the free play area had a rough cab and average at best playfield, but I tweaked it before bringing it to the show and it played like a champ without issue for the 2 days until I broke it down for home at 6pm. A players machine at best, it had 7 digit displays and alltek mpu, along with a new sound board. I was okay with bringing it home without a $1250 buyer.

Which brings me to my final discussion. Without naming names, I went through the rows and played random games. One of them was a Gold Wings for $900- $900 for a Gold Wings? It played like dog shit. Sorry, but it really did.
There seemed to be no shortage of games with terrible backglasses, worn playfields, features broken or not working and inflated prices to match. I get it, you want to get in for free, but put a little effort into making your game play well at least. I totally get something breaking down or whatever, but any time I've brought a game, I go into it thinking ''this thing has to play like I want it to play'' Other than that, there were also a ton of excellent playing games, and I really enjoyed playing them.

I played Eric Bundy's Maverick, a game I never really have before and I thought it was a lot of fun, played great.

Thank you to whoever brought the Varkon, that was a treat to see and play. What a beauty.

Played a fun Silver Slugger. I can't believe someone lugged a Hercules to the show. Whoever brought the ID4, your game made the highlight of the trip with a friend and I. We'd never really played or paid attention to this game and we were blown away by the ''feature'' on the center of the playfield. Let's just say, it looks a helluva a lot like certain private parts. We howled in laughter about this for two days straight.

The show was super great, lots of flea picking, great vendors, the games stayed until 6pm, the security was fair, except I think I was chased down by the lady ''guard'' several times. I'm not forgettable, so I don't know why she needed to check my band every time I went in and out all day.

Oh, and lastly...I can't believe how many of you know who I am and either yell out ''Shackler!'' or greet me with ''hey, you're shackler huh?'' I don't know who most of you are, lol, but it's cool.

Until next year, James (on to Pintastic!)

18222295_10155168522788529_2157914644975679731_n (resized).jpg

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My default on everyone I meet is "Chris". Joe works too.

Nah, you almost can't miss with "Dave"!

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. I'd take one. Gotta get the grandkids into pinball. Now if only I could find a Nip It--preferably one that only plays two players...

It's gone now so good luck!

#2248 2 years ago

I don't get too worked up over high prices. They either want you to haggle with them or they don't want to sell.

I bought that chicken cock sign and the guy said two different times, "$100 but give me an offer for it." Well I said 40 bucks and he was like, "Come on! You got to be close!" I laughed and said, "well what do you WANT for it?" He said 75 and I looked at it like I was mulling it over. Honestly I would have paid a hundred but he asked for an offer.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't get too worked up over high prices. They either want you to haggle with them or they don't want to sell.
I bought that chicken cock sign and the guy said two different times, "$100 but give me an offer for it." Well I said 40 bucks and he was like, "Come on! You got to be close!" I laughed and said, "well what do you WANT for it?" He said 75 and I looked at it like I was mulling it over. Honestly I would have paid a hundred but he asked for an offer.

my friend took a picture with that sign, lol, too much.

#2250 2 years ago

I was thinking about something for next year. I was inspired by the short legged Mario Bros pin that was the perfect size for my 4 year old. Would a "kid" area be cool? Like, must be under x- ft tall to enter and just have a few shorter pins available for them? Just a thought. Where do you find short legs like that anyway?

We do a kid's area with shorter pins, redemption kiddie games, short arcade games and a kid's pinball tournament at the Northwest Show and it's a big hit. I highly recommend it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Valley, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 2507 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 51.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside