1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.
#2101 6 years ago

Another FANTASTIC SHOW put on by Ivan and the crew. I really enjoyed seeing everyone there and had a great time. Some really beautiful EM's showed up in freeplay. Keep in mind that if an EM isn't high-tapped, it can seem sluggish at the show since the voltage is sometimes dragged down by the power requirements from all of the machines being on at the same time.

The Solar City that I bought wound up winning the blue ribbon for best EM at the show on Friday. A truly beautiful machine with original playfield, cabinet and backglass. A lot of people though it was a restored game as the playfield and backglass were so perfect.

Since I'm always around lots of pinball machines, I don't play as much as I used to. I do look for older game I've never gotten a chance to play at the shows though and I really enjoyed the Stern Freefall. I love the digital voice that reminds me of my favorite video game, Stern's Berzerk. I played Freefall a couple times on Saturday morning and managed to get the high score up over 3 million!

All of the new games were looking great and getting lots of play. I look forward to next years show!

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Soon as I did my first walk thru I hounded poor j but I've been chasing this one for years lol just had to let the kids finish their final in the tournament.after that I
Couldn't wrap it fast enough.Folded it up went and got tools came back there's some ass with his elbow leaning on the o.g. topper talking to somebody could have lost my mind thank god no damage Ivan had one there as well but it wasn't for sale.
Had to stay 2 days at the fest for it that was torture lmao.already cant wait for next year.

Oh yeah you gotta love leaners! More than once at the show I wanted to get on a pin and there's a guy with his hand propped on the glass next to the game he was watching his partner play. Pins are not there to support your body they are there to be played! Glad he didn't wreck the topper.

#2103 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This was a very good show if you were buying games.

Especially if you brought home a Stars!

I was fortunate enough to get the one in free play. Unfortunately I don't think many people got to play it. Around noon it started resetting. Turned out to be low power issue. When I got it home it started working again.

Very excited to get it. I've been enjoying playing the one at the Pinball Gallery for the past couple of months.

Couple of lights out, and need to check some switches, but overall it plays great.

I only went Friday, but I thought it was a really great show. The assortment of games to play was the best it's been in the past few years. Thanks to everyone who brought games! Really great time.

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Especially if you brought home a Stars!
I was fortunate enough to get the one in free play. Unfortunately I don't think many people got to play it. Around noon it started resetting. Turned out to be low power issue. When I got it home it started working again.
Very excited to get it. I've been enjoying playing the one at the Pinball Gallery for the past couple of months.
Couple of lights out, and need to check some switches, but overall it plays great.
I only went Friday, but I thought it was a really great show. The assortment of games to play was the best it's been in the past few years. Thanks to everyone who brought games! Really great time.

Stop rubbing it in you Sonofabitch!!!

I was furiously texting the owner of this game to buy it while these guys were in a mad dash for the cash!

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Oh yeah you gotta love leaners! More than once at the show I wanted to get on a pin and there's a guy with his hand propped on the glass next to the game he was watching his partner play. Pins are not there to support your body they are there to be played! Glad he didn't wreck the topper.

That's just the nature of the beast. I know I have been a leaner myself at shows, just one of those things when a buday is having a good game and becoming drawn in. Normally most leaners are cool about moving when asked, and a lot of times apologetic.

#2106 6 years ago

Great show as always but was amazed at how high a lot of those project pins out in the flea market were priced but that being said there were good deals there as well. I got some great deals from a few of the vendors down in the snackbar end of the flea market.

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was furiously texting the owner of this game to buy it while these guys were in a mad dash for the cash!

I couldn't let you go corning the Stars market.

I played one ball and then immediately called the owner. Told him I would buy it but had to go get cash. Was going to go to the bank, but my buddy I was with saw you walk up to it afterwards. He recognized you and was like, uh oh, you know he's going to try and buy it. So instead of leaving I just got abused by the ATM to make it happen ASAP.

#2108 6 years ago

Had a blast as usual and thanks to everyone that brought a game and to vendors busting their asses to bring truckloads of them.

Couple highlights for me included seeing a friend pick up a grail gameIMG_3916 (resized).JPGIMG_3916 (resized).JPG

Picking up an NOS speaker panel
IMG_3971 (resized).JPGIMG_3971 (resized).JPG

Playing my first game on BW100
IMG_3937 (resized).JPGIMG_3937 (resized).JPG

New game mod idea IMG_3963 (resized).JPGIMG_3963 (resized).JPG

And getting to play Houdini and having a great talk with Joe Balcer and Josh Kugler. Excited for what they have accomplished and for what they have instore for the game.
IMG_3919 (resized).JPGIMG_3919 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG
IMG_3953 (resized).JPGIMG_3953 (resized).JPG

Need some info on this
2017-05-08 10_45_04-Clipboard (resized).jpg2017-05-08 10_45_04-Clipboard (resized).jpg

Thanks for Ivan and team for pulling off another great show.

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Any chance it could have been low voltage on certain circuits, because a game I had in free play worked and played great with strong flippers. But, when I was playing in other areas of the building, I experienced several games with weak flippers also.

My Shadow had issues get the ball launched up the shooter lane. Literally put a brand new coil in on Thursday. Had no issues at home and it's having none at home now.

#2110 6 years ago

I loved all the parents that brought their kids with stepstool in tow. I would bring my kids if not for the 6 hour drive involved.

The funniest moment for me when we walked up to an AFMr to play a game. We figured it would be just a few minutes as they were on ball 3 and up steps a kids who can't be more than 8-10. I say to my friend "will be just a couple of minutes". However we soon realized that while the two adults had my typical pedestrian scores of 30 and 100M, this kid was sitting at 5.8 billion and schooling everyone on how you play pinball. The Tiger Woods of pinball if you will. I'm sure others know who he is as I can't imagine he's a secret knowing how good he is.

I was in awe. We walked away after 10 minutes realizing he wasn't even close to done yet. I said to my friend "well....I bet my son could beat him in basketball". Small comforts. Amazing kid, amazing show

#2111 6 years ago

2017 Best in show winner Gatecrasher and his minty Bally Star Trek. It was a treat just to look at that machine, let alone play it.

IMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPG

#2112 6 years ago

2017 Best Restoration winner Redeyes with his BK2K. I saw him loading this machine into the back of a pick up with nothing but a tarp protecting it from the elements. That kind of deadication to bring games for free play is the kind of thing these ribbons were created to recognize.

IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I continue to be impressed by Dialed In, so much going on. Can't wait to get mine.
Aerosmith Pro vs Premium is a topic I think we will see a lot in the future here. Think I'm voting Pro.
Only got 1 game in on Ailens, so tough to call. My impression was the code & animations seemed really good, but the shots weren't smooth (maybe once you learn them that changes). Not a fan of that cabinet style. I would like to have gotten more than 1 game in on it, but the lines were too long.

I didn't play dialed in because i don't really like the theme so i didnt want to like it the game - LOL
I like Aerosmith and i have the same dilemma, i liked the upper playfield but did i like it $2K more than the pro? I would like to pick up this game but that question is holding me back.
I wanted to like Aliens as it has been on my wishlist but I didnt like the game play. I am glad I played it before ordering.
I don't mind MMr but I didnt like the flippers on AFMr, maybe it is because I own a AFM and use to how mine plays and never owned MM.

#2114 6 years ago

Sadly I did not get pictures of the other winners and I cannot find the list I made with their names.

The best DMD went to TAFG. It was probably the nicest example I have ever seen. Tons of unique and tasteful mods.
The best SS went to the very shiny Genie that was at the beginning of the row near the snack bar. It must have sold while we were judging since when we went back to present the ribbion, it had been removed.
The best EM went to Ron C. for his Solar City.

Thanks again to everyone who brought machines for free play. This event truly is a result of everyone's passion for pinball.

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Well said Bob!!!!
Also, wanted to thank our friend, Nestor (dkeruza). Super generous with his time.. ( he is a very low profile guy that is really one of the best keep secrets in the hobby .
Lastly, thanks to Ivan for the vendor friendly set up and Pinside staffer, Jim coughlin... Jim just happened to be there whenever we needed something.. see u next year
Rich

What....no mention! And I was really considering the MET Roadcase!

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Picked up a sweet Trail Drive Pinball at Allentown show on Friday night...Now I have it set up at home..Thx Ivan it's a great Pinball and it was priced great..Thx for all your help..

Umm, wow! That is some, er, interesting art on that game! That 10 point rollover should be a super jackpot IMO!

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Don't feel too special. I didn't get any mention either! Lol

#2118 6 years ago

A fun show despite the horrible traffic!
There may be a Podcast later for a show recap!
My recap here:
I really wanted to get the Black Rose. It was sold before I got there!
AFMr is a blast! Houdini was fantastic! Dialed In was incredible!
It took a few games, but I ended up enjoying Aerosmith!
I finally played Walking Dead Pre and loved it! Was playing it at the Marco Area. I asked how much to buy the one on the floor. Was given a price and I wanted to take it home. That's when the other partner came over and said some football guy bought them all. No worries, I'm in no rush...at least I know I like the game.
Finally got to play Alien with the Z man! I really wanted to get this game and I'm glad I got to play. After playing the other games, this one is off my list for now. First off, they should never let a game be put out there with stuff not working. The kick upper thingy to the left of the Xeno Head took about 15 tries to get the ball out. Not fun when you're waiting a half hour on line. Of course everyone wanted to see the Main Toy work and was waiting for the tongue to grab the ball. Finally someone said it was disconnected! I heard many people after playing that said, "Man!...it's a good thing I had a chance to play before ordering!" I really like the indented area where the legs connect and think all machines should be like that.
I didn't like Batman at all.
For some reason, after playing Walking Dead and some other Stern games, Aerosmith didn't feel as sturdy or bulky...it felt lighter for some reason.
Fun having shots with the Doc as usual!
Brenda is a gem and made the show better!

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg

IMG_1965 (resized).JPGIMG_1965 (resized).JPG

houdini (resized).jpghoudini (resized).jpg

dialdin (resized).jpgdialdin (resized).jpg

brenda ted chris a (resized).jpgbrenda ted chris a (resized).jpg

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Joe Balcer asked me if I was going to buy it now - I said "no, it's too easy." But in all seriousness I just got very lucky on my first game, and it was a blast to play.

What was the score? I played it a couple times myself. Only got to 80k on my best game but missed an extra ball/multiball opportunity. I think I could have scored big with an MB and EB, but what's "big" on Houdini?

#2120 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Both Dialed In's had dimples as well.

Quoted from JeffF:

And so did Alien.
(not that it bothers me in the least...)

And so did every other game. Ever.

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Bad oversight on my part. Sorry Matt!
Another low profile , easy going gentleman.
Very glad to have met you.. thanks for helping Bob, Kelley and I !!!
Hope to see you soon, as the met now has a buddy price for you

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And so did every other game. Ever.

I think the dimple-scare hysteria is fading as cabinetgate gains steam.

I anxiously await what comes next. Shooter spring rust paranoia? Rail blemish fatigue? Target foam dingleberry fear?!

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!!!

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

A fun show despite the horrible traffic!
There may be a Podcast later for a show recap!
My recap here:
I really wanted to get the Black Rose. It was sold before I got there!
AFMr is a blast! Houdini was fantastic! Dialed In was incredible!
It took a few games, but I ended up enjoying Aerosmith!
I finally played Walking Dead Pre and loved it! Was playing it at the Marco Area. I asked how much to buy the one on the floor. Was given a price and I wanted to take it home. That's when the other partner came over and said some football guy bought them all. No worries, I'm in no rush...at least I know I like the game.
Finally got to play Alien with the Z man! I really wanted to get this game and I'm glad I got to play. After playing the other games, this one is off my list for now. First off, they should never let a game be put out there with stuff not working. The kick upper thingy to the left of the Xeno Head took about 15 tries to get the ball out. Not fun when you're waiting a half hour on line. Of course everyone wanted to see the Main Toy work and was waiting for the tongue to grab the ball. Finally someone said it was disconnected! I heard many people after playing that said, "Man!...it's a good thing I had a chance to play before ordering!" I really like the indented area where the legs connect and think all machines should be like that.
I didn't like Batman at all.
For some reason, after playing Walking Dead and some other Stern games, Aerosmith didn't feel as sturdy or bulky...it felt lighter for some reason.
Fun having shots with the Doc as usual!
Brenda is a gem and made the show better!

Where and when did you run into traffic ted?

No issues on Friday morning despite the horrendous downpair. Some guy did a 360 50 yards ahead of me on 78 and played bumper pool with the jersey barrier and guard rail. Glad he was far enough ahead of me that I was able to simply drive over some of the wreckage of his car rather than being a part of it.

I don't understand why some folks think doing 80 and playing pole position in a downpour is a good idea but I'm sure this idiot spent all weekend reflecting on it.

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

There was a Chicken Cock sign and I missed it???!!!! Crap! I'm one of the "pervs" that looks for suggestive crap...

The EM "Trail Ride" may be right up your alley. Certainly someone's alley.

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where and when did you run into traffic ted?

On 78 Saturday....coming and going. About a 5 mile backup...

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

On 78 Saturday....coming and going. About a 5 mile backup...

That blows. No issue for me on 78 but wasn't heading back till around 9pm. Glad I missed it. Maybe your shirt was distracting surrounding drivers?

#2127 6 years ago

Please watch my walkthrough video of the show. My booth is highlighted at 15:23. Thanks again to Ivan and those who came by our booth. Please subscribe my channel and like Antique Slots on Facebook.

#2128 6 years ago

Great show!- and I was really surprised that I liked Dialed In! - I'm not rushing to buy it - but would seriously consider it, if it comes up for a good price in the future.

Houdini was very impressive- and AFMr - was EXCELLENT. That DMD was gorgeous with the beautiful new animations.

I picked up a ton of mods for my GB- and enjoyed saying hi to some of the vendors.

Great show Ivan. I think this may be the best one yet.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

There was a Chicken Cock sign and I missed it???!!!! Crap! I'm one of the "pervs" that looks for suggestive crap....Got a cool beyond "patina" "Cold Beer" thermometer sign, no kinky stuff...Still love my girl banging dude pinball sign from a few years ago..Bumper thumper zone I think..

My partner in the flea had that sign, ask was 100, he let it go for 75. Hope your little one enjoyed the brownie, you've got a real nice family thing going on man.

#2131 6 years ago

I already said it was my booth (#14). Irv was selling the project pins for us.

#2132 6 years ago

Who had the Class of 1812 at the show? I swear it was there Thursday, but couldn't find it Friday on the floor when the show started...

#2133 6 years ago

Picked up a beautiful ruby red WOZ from butch, and love how it looks on this wall with its friends. Also brought PDI glass home for everyone else.

Met several really great people, and wish I could have connected with more forum members but I don't know what everyone looks like!

IMG_1673 (resized).JPGIMG_1673 (resized).JPG

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the dimple-scare hysteria is fading as cabinetgate gains steam.
I anxiously await what comes next. Shooter spring rust paranoia? Rail blemish fatigue? Target foam dingleberry fear?!
Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!!!

I think it's the beer... I just had a little liquid come out my nose reading this.

#2135 6 years ago

What was the asking price for the Stars in freeplay?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#2136 6 years ago

God equipped you with the solution. You use your mouth and say 'excuse me' and those people will almost always happily move without a quip.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The audits showed 612 plays. Last year it had 416 I think. Either way, it got the snot played out of it. If people got some enjoyment from it, that's what matters.

Thanks for bringing it. Love playing that game always and got to introduce another guy to it who has never played it before! I was playing solid when we were on it.. so it was worth it!

#2138 6 years ago

Ivan and his crew did an amazing job as always! I'm excited to see Ivan a lot more relaxed at Pintastic. Great to see everyone at Allantown. Gabe

#2139 6 years ago

My favorites were having both blackwater and lost world next to each other playing top notch!!

And special shoutout to Joe at PinballStar for being the anchor to bring in these upstart game companies! We in the east are blessed that Joe makes this happen year after year.

Having Cointaker and Marco having lots of games really helped for those looking to play the modern sterns too!

#2140 6 years ago

I saw the same guy over at the PinballStar booth hanging on the head of a game like it was a monkey bar watching his friend play. I stood and watched for a minute waiting for the head to fall over as the back clip was not secured.

#2141 6 years ago

That game was awesome! For anyone who didn't notice that gem.. it has a true 'light show' in a EM! It was really cool to see.

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I don't remember seeing Dutch Pinball there

DP has had a presence there previously through their customers and Cointaker - not there in person.

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Aerosmith didn't feel as sturdy or bulky...it felt lighter for some reason.

I heard the same comment. The one Pro I played had a loose tilt too so we were shaking it quite a bit.

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

What was the asking price for the Stars in freeplay?

I paid $750 for it.

#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Sigh, I should've bought that Space Riders.

My friend Jason from Canada (who won the tournament on Saturday) bought that, and within a few minutes of the game being set up on Thursday, so you likely had no chance! Very rare to see a fully working/complete Atari in a show, and you gotta give it out to Jason who's been looking for one for a while and scored it and_ the 1st place finish in one weekend!

Correction: He bought Airborne Avengers, NOT Space Riders: Sorry!

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

2017 Best Restoration winner Redeyes with his BK2K. I saw him loading this machine into the back of a pick up with nothing but a tarp protecting it from the elements. That kind of deadication to bring games for free play is the kind of thing these ribbons were created to recognize.

Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Allentown. I left around 8:30 and it was raining pretty hard...

#2147 6 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Hopefully he doesn't live too far from Allentown. I left around 8:30 and it was raining pretty hard...

Somebody brought me a game with a tarp placed well over it (strapped of course) and it stayed completely dry. Was surprised. I guess you can't underestimate tarping done right!

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ivan and his crew did an amazing job as always! I'm excited to see Ivan a lot more relaxed at Pintastic. Great to see everyone at Allantown. Gabe

+1. What a great show! I can't wait until next year. F2K didn't sell but I have no regrets. I will set her up in the game room for good now unless somebody offers me silly money. I hope to bring a restored 81 EBD next year. Possibly 2.

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Somebody brought me a game with a tarp placed well over it (strapped of course) and it stayed completely dry. Was surprised. I guess you can't underestimate tarping done right!

True but I brought a BOPP to York a few years ago that I shrink wrapped like a mummy and it still got wet. It poured all day that year. Maybe I should have used a trap along with the shrink wrap.

#2150 6 years ago

Otaku does it again! Last non-vendor out of the building at 10:40 PM I believe but it all fit, KNEW it would! Tetris!

IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2353 (resized).JPGIMG_2353 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Durham, NH
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/43?hl=dr_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.