1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.
#2001 6 years ago

Well the rain is letting up but we're still playing like crazy !!!

20170411_221355 (resized).png20170411_221355 (resized).png

#2002 6 years ago

Kids are having a blast with that hercules. The younger ones have to pretty much hug the game to play it.

20170506113051678 (resized).jpg20170506113051678 (resized).jpg

20170506112945661 (resized).jpg20170506112945661 (resized).jpg

20170506113020948 (resized).jpg20170506113020948 (resized).jpg

#2003 6 years ago

Anyone have a used sub for sale? Looking to add one to a new game I grabbed and wanted to see if anyone wanted to dump one of theirs.

Otherwise I'll grab one off Amazon.

#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

How a real man works on a pinball machine.

That's where he passed out last night.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2005 6 years ago

Anybody bring a SS? The lady wants to. Play one

#2006 6 years ago

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by Alien pinball compared to all the other offerings like I do?

#2007 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by Alien pinball compared to all the other offerings like I do?

I thought it felt somewhat "floaty" when I played it this morning. I'm wondering if they have the coil strength turned down for the show. FWIW I felt the same way about the AFMr's at pinfest, slightly weak flippers, particularly noticeable when you go play the original in the free play area immediately after the remake. Obviously asjustable so I'm just not sure if they didn't bother or it is intentional.

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not a fan of it at all. Of all the new offerings, I'm looking at Houdini.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got to play it for a few mins last night when they turned the lights down. Totally changed the experience for me. But I felt like the game was really "bricky". Shooting the main and left scoops.. brick, brick, brick

#2010 6 years ago

Found:

Creature decal. Someone dropped it in my flea market space. If it's yours, give me a holler.

20170506154419218 (resized).jpg20170506154419218 (resized).jpg

#2011 6 years ago

Great stuff as always. To EVERYONE - the vendors that brought games, the people who brought stuff for the free play area, the parts made available - THANK YOU!

We all make the show work. And work it did! My Pinball Magic will be there until 7:30 if you want to get some last games on it in the afternoon. Hopefully it will hold up!

Chris

#2012 6 years ago

Just got back. Thought it was once again a great show! Here's my rundown and $.02:

-Huge amount of vendors and new machines in the new vendors section.
-Indoor flea market area had lots of cool antiques, but the asking prices on project games should have been 25-50% lower than they were IMO.
-Great row of A-list titles. This level of games doesn't usually make an appearance at shows like this.
-Farmer's Market is great for lunch, but snack bar area inside the show sucks. Pretzels were stale, condiment area is dirty.
-What's up with the guy in the cowboy hat handing out paper towels in the bathroom? He needs to clean up the rest of the bathroom if he really wants a tip. If I'm missing out on a backstory with this guy, please let me know.
-Some nice EM's with repainted cabinets.
-Mayfair had a couple cheap backglasses, which would be good for wall art.
-Some reasonably priced beer signs/memorabilia.
- #AFMR would have been better looking without the big DMD and small speakers. Nice try, but it just wasn't proportionate.
-Lots of mods for sale.
-People in general were just nice. Can't wait for next year.

#2013 6 years ago

My wife and I had a great time yesterday. I was really surprised at how many EMs were there this year, and the rows seemed to never end.

Almost bought a Ringer from the flea market area. Didn't see it the first time through, and when we came through the second time, someone else was talking to the vendor about it. I think he saw my wife and I interested in it and bought it right then. Ah well - another one will come along eventually.

All in all, another great show! Thanks Ivan.

#2014 6 years ago

Anybody want to play some $1 games? Hit me up.

#2015 6 years ago

I also noticed one of the vendor's GBs had some dimples in the playfield. I hadn't seen dimpling in person yet. They looked more like small craters than what I had imagined dimpling would look like. Now I see why people are getting so upset.

#2016 6 years ago

Picked up a sweet Trail Drive Pinball at Allentown show on Friday night...Now I have it set up at home..Thx Ivan it's a great Pinball and it was priced great..Thx for all your help..

IMG_20170506_153344452 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_153344452 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170506_153421987 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_153421987 (resized).jpg

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not here. The son and I liked it. Thought it flowed extremely well and personally I love where the upper flippers are and the shots you can hit with them. Passing the ball from the left-upper to the right-upper is a satisfying shot IMO. If you totally miss everything the ball can float a bit but for the most part I didn't notice it floating enough to have it stick out in my mind.

Now watching other people play was a mixed bag(which I think would hold true for any game). Some people had horrible games that made the game look bad while other people had awesome games and they made the game look great.

The only negative I saw was the game freaked out yesterday around 1 or 2. I watched as people turned it off and then back on and it just wouldn't boot. Sounded like this had happened before when the Coin Taker person came over. A little while later I saw it was back on so I'm not sure what happened.

Oh, the other odd thing I noticed is the cabinet "sideart" didn't hardly ever light up. Once in a while it would flicker but I never actually saw it ON.

I'm still leaving my deposit on the game in hopes it actually makes it into full production. I'd love to own one of these someday.

And thanks to everyone that brought games for the free play area! It seemed like there were way more than in the previous few years. Was also nice meeting a few new faces and saying hello to a bunch of ol' hobby friends. Great show Ivan and crew!!!

#2018 6 years ago

A few observations:

1. Project games were selling faster than in years past.
2. Most of the EM pins felt weak compared to my own EM pins. Could this be a power issue?
3. Friday was crazy busy. We went Friday hoping to avoid the crowds.
4. Fewer used parts vendors than in years past. More new parts vendors.
5. Huge assortment of the newest games. For those interested primarily in newer games, this is a great show.

#2019 6 years ago

Thanks to Ivan and the crew for another great year! Ran into a bunch of people and missed a few I had planned to run into. Friday was so busy! Brought a Getaway for free play and sold it to Rob from Australia while I was setting it up! Had to cut out early half way through Friday but had a great time playing Houdini and meeting the American pinball crew. Thanks to Steve from Pinball refinery for bringing the blinged out Ghostbusters. I had my best game of the day on that pin!

20170504_202029 (resized).jpg20170504_202029 (resized).jpg

#2020 6 years ago

Great show as always! Got to play a lot of games that I was looking forward to playing. Dialed In is easily the best JJP game to date. Houdini was loads of fun and played great. Can't wait to see the final product with improved animations. There was one machine that was mentioned earlier in this thread which I was excited to see and play but it sold first thing in the morning and I assume the buyer shut it down as it was turned off with a SOLD sign on it. Kind of a bummer. If you're going to buy a game that you know people will be wanting to play, why not leave it in free play? I don't know what the sale price was on the game but it wasn't like an almost new Stern LE, it was probably a $1500-$2000 deal... just kind of disappointing as the opportunity to play this game doesn't come up too often. Also really loved the Freefall! Not the most fun game but such amazing artwork!

#2021 6 years ago

Got the GC score on Houdini!

IMG_9273 (resized).JPGIMG_9273 (resized).JPG

IMG_9276 (resized).JPGIMG_9276 (resized).JPG

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

I also noticed one of the vendor's GBs had some dimples in the playfield. I hadn't seen dimpling in person yet. They looked more like small craters than what I had imagined dimpling would look like. Now I see why people are getting so upset.

Both Dialed In's had dimples as well.

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

So now I can ask the GC ...how's the game?

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

So now I can ask the GC ...how's the game?

Joe Balcer asked me if I was going to buy it now - I said "no, it's too easy." But in all seriousness I just got very lucky on my first game, and it was a blast to play.

#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

And so did Alien.

(not that it bothers me in the least...)

#2026 6 years ago

As always I enjoyed the show this year. I personally thought this was one of the best I have experienced at pinfest. I was impressed with the new vendors at the show this year. I really though that it added to the experience. I'm so stoked that Woody took the reigns from Mike Chestnut(RIP) and believe he's a stand-up guy. I will be using him in future restorations for sure. Couple of games that I finally played that left impressions on me.

1) Houdini - That's most likely going to end up in my collection. Although there were long lines and there are some mechanical items they need to address, American Pinball seems to have it together as a company. Great game play with only 30% of the code written. American pinball is shooting for distribution by year end.
2) Attack from Mars Remake - Home run!!! I really like this remake and believe it is a total upgrade of the original. I'm in on the LE and feel the Inserts are so much brighter and look better than the original. The color DMD is a significant upgrade as well. Both the LE and SE played really well. One constructive point is I noticed that some of the playfield outlining by the holes where starting to wear. Games need a cliffy for sure. Overall a much better attempt than the MMr (which wasn't bad).
3) Dialed In - Finally got to play it quite a few times. I was in the camp as not wowed by the theme; however, the game play was outstanding! The shots were definitively better than previous JJP games. Game play rocks on this one, although I'm still not enamored with the theme. More fun than I anticipated.
4) Aerosmith- Nice game, similar to other band themes. I thought the pro was just a good if not better game play than the prem or le. Definitely will consider getting this one at some point.
5) Alien - Not bod but not addicting. The shots are decent and the programming seem good but there just seems to be something missing in the game play. Good for Highway, I believe this is a step up for them overall.
6) Batman 66 - Not really bad but certainly disappointed from all the hype. I was not enticed to even consider the price point on this game. I would spend it on a dialed in before consider this game for the value. Stern seems to put games in the pipeline so I wouldn't be surprised if something amazing comes out to make us forget about Batman (Star Wars)? I would rather spend the money on a Aerosmith at this point and, rumors are abound that Iron Maiden is in the works.

There were a ton of great vendors at the show and even more really cool pinsiders to meet. Thanks for helping make Pinfest a great show.

#2027 6 years ago

The show looks great. Thanks for all the pics and reviews. I was hoping to come, but family obligations got in the way and had to cancel. Speaking of which, was anyone else charged by the Ramada even though they cancelled? I cancelled by phone weeks ago and just got charged for one night. Unfortunately, I didn't get an email with a cancellation #, and they will not credit me. The woman I spoke to said there were other "no shows" from Pinfest who were also charged, but I wonder if they actually cancelled like I did.

#2028 6 years ago

Who was the vendor by the entrance with the sit down multicades? I forgot to get a card. Any opinions about them too?

#2029 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Most of the EM pins felt weak compared to my own EM pins. Could this be a power issue?

I think at least partially. Mine didn't feel as fast as it does at home. Think I'll high tap any ems I bring in the future. A lot of games seemed to just not be set up well though. Dead pop bumpers, soggy flippers. Feel like a lot of people are either just dumping ems there or don't know how to tune them

#2030 6 years ago

Best cookies of the show!

IMG_20170506_175754916 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_175754916 (resized).jpg

#2031 6 years ago

Good show... project machines in flea market we're over priced, as were most games in general ($1k for a freakin Contra, Was a kilo of coke inside?) Anyway....great selection for free play, vendors were great, did not see as many creepers as usual...But, great show overall, and toothless the DNA reject was no where to be seen on his golf cart....A +

#2032 6 years ago

Prices were a bit up there. Like this Centaur 2 for $2,200.00.

Weee bit expensive considering the BG had flaking and the playfield was really worn.

IMG_0269 (resized).JPGIMG_0269 (resized).JPG

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My Pinball Magic will be there until 7:30 if you want to get some last games on it in the afternoon.

Despite the trough issues, my gf and I got to play your game Friday just before the show ended. We agreed it was one of our favorites of the day! Thanks for bringing it to the show! We hope to acquire one for our collection someday. Such a cool game!

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

The Pistol Poker was the surprise fun game of the day.

I played Pistol Poker last year at Pinfest and loved it so much I bought one. It's one of those pins I doubt will be leaving my collection.

#2035 6 years ago

Was only able to make it Saturday this year. Was a little worried from previous years "Saturdays" that the show would have been a disappointment. However this year there were still a lot of games in free play in the morning. Spent way too much on parts again.
Thought there was a little offset on project game prices. Seen projects for XXX amount and then walk into freeplay and the same game that is working would only be about 10 to 20% higher in price???
1: Houdini, played really well. Looking forward to seeing more from American Pinball.
2:Dialed in, Was really surprised with this game. Hate the theme but game flowed nicely.
3: AS and B66, I must say I'm really liking the LCD but wasn't overly impressed with gameplay. Not saying it wasn't bad but not top of the line either.
4: Alien, A good upper flipper game but lower flippers seamed weak on it. Could be a setting or power issues.
5: AFMr, Man I'm really digging the XL color DMD on the game. Played it in the morning and flippers were nice and strong. Played it later and they seemed weaker. Overall thought they did a great job with it. Got to say hi to a few pinsiders and play some games with new people so couldn't ask for more.

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Prices were a bit up there. Like this Centaur 2 for $2,200.00.
Weee bit expensive considering the BG had flaking and the playfield was really worn.

I haven't been there before, but I was surprised at some of the pricing in both the freeplay area & flea market. Was nice to show my wife, hey I got that for $X, they wanted 2X.

However, that machine is from the pinball gallery arcade, so I think some of his prices were kind of "if I had to sell it". My wife put up 1.5m on it with no idea how to play the centaur. On the other hand, the GB next to it, $4600 or 4800? HUO 500 plays, didn't seem bad (not that I'd buy it).

#2037 6 years ago

11 hour drive to get there but I wasn't disappointed. I love the flea market.

I texted this sign to my parents and my mom wanted (because she collects chicken stuff you pervs). IMG_0560 (resized).JPGIMG_0560 (resized).JPG

I didn't get play Houdini but it looks awesome. The animations were amazing. I did get to play Aerosmith. It was OK but maybe the sound makes it better. I didn't like how the toy box lid would drop and it would launch the into the Jester.

Best games I played were:

IMG_0565 (resized).JPGIMG_0565 (resized).JPG

Stern Freefall
I really enjoyed it a lot. I didn't stop playing until a switch started shorting out. Some people came by to watch and I would have said hi but the skydivers went into free fall.

IMG_0563 (resized).JPGIMG_0563 (resized).JPGIMG_0564 (resized).JPGIMG_0564 (resized).JPG

Dave Mutrando had these two games for sale and they were really fun. I'm glad I didn't bring a proper vehicle or I might have taken one home.

There was also a Minizag, Ice Fever, and Bad Girls that I also enjoyed.

I chatted with Lighted Pinball Mods for a long time. It sounded like he had quite the experience getting to where he is now. A lot of work involved in making each panel. I will be buying his BSD speaker panel kit.

Also thanks to #Stratman for ensuring my car didn't go home empty.

IMG_0566 (resized).JPGIMG_0566 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG

And it was nice meeting #luvthatapex2

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I bought a Space Shuttle from a real nice seller. We left his hand truck outside near the back doors briefly. Someone "borrowed" it (told a bystander he was borrowing it) and never returned it. PLEASE RETURN IT. It's a Harbor Freight model with fat tires.
PM me if you need to track down the owner. I have his cell #.
Also PM me if you see an unclaimed HF hand truck with big tires kicking around anywhere.

Update: Ran into the seller today. He managed to find it at the end of the show yesterday despite the borrower doing a great job hiding it.

#2039 6 years ago

My buddy bought Hercules helped him load it up tonight.
And thanks to Jay Robinson for use of his hand truck!
I can't wait for dollar games at Dennis's.

IMG_3271 (resized).JPGIMG_3271 (resized).JPG

IMG_3273 (resized).JPGIMG_3273 (resized).JPG

IMG_3272 (resized).JPGIMG_3272 (resized).JPG

#2040 6 years ago

Allentown was a blast.

20170505_184852 (resized).jpg20170505_184852 (resized).jpg

#2041 6 years ago

Big thanks to PinballSTAR for bringing so many new games for us to play. Joe is a great asset to our hobby.

IMG_0857 (resized).JPGIMG_0857 (resized).JPG

#2042 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Hey! Were you there yesterday?? I didn't see you!

#2043 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it earlier but I noticed MAJOR dimpling on the AFM remake. I've never seen it that bad on a machine.

Added over 7 years ago: Don't understand why being downvoted. Just an observation of something I noticed and was not looking for. Just a comment... relax.

#2044 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Great stuff as always. To EVERYONE - the vendors that brought games, the people who brought stuff for the free play area, the parts made available - THANK YOU!
We all make the show work. And work it did! My Pinball Magic will be there until 7:30 if you want to get some last games on it in the afternoon. Hopefully it will hold up!
Chris

Chris, I have been dying to play that game for years and lo and behold it appeared at Allentown! Thank you so much, I had a blast on that machine

#2045 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

11 hour drive to get there but I wasn't disappointed. I love the flea market.
I texted this sign to my parents and my mom wanted (because she collects chicken stuff you pervs).
I didn't get play Houdini but it looks awesome. The animations were amazing. I did get to play Aerosmith. It was OK but maybe the sound makes it better. I didn't like how the toy box lid would drop and it would launch the into the Jester.
Best games I played were:

Stern Freefall
I really enjoyed it a lot. I didn't stop playing until a switch started shorting out. Ted came by to watch and I would have liked to say hi but the skydivers went into free fall.

Dave Mutrando had these two games for sale and they were really fun. I'm glad I didn't bring a proper vehicle or I might have taken one home.
There was also a Minizag, Ice Fever, and Bad Girls that I also enjoyed.
I chatted with Lighted Pinball Mods for a long time. It sounded like he had quite the experience getting to where he is now. A lot of work involved in making each panel. I will be buying his BSD speaker panel kit.
Also thanks to #Stratman for ensuring my car didn't go home empty.

And it was nice meeting #luvthatapex2

There was a Chicken Cock sign and I missed it???!!!! Crap! I'm one of the "pervs" that looks for suggestive crap....Got a cool beyond "patina" "Cold Beer" thermometer sign, no kinky stuff...Still love my girl banging dude pinball sign from a few years ago..Bumper thumper zone I think..

#2046 6 years ago

Well that was fun. Brought 2 games last night and sold them pretty quick. I brought another game & my daughter today with no intention of selling either. Seemed like a lot more games in the free play area in general and more still there at 5PM than ever before.
Really liked dialed in even though I was sure the theme sucked when it was revealed. Seems I was wrong - nothing new there.

#2047 6 years ago

Best Allentown Pinfest ever! (to us) Thanks to every vendor who brought all the awesome new games.

#2048 6 years ago

We got back home a little while ago, had a great time the past few days. Nice to put faces to pinside handles and meeting others we already knew. It was our first time at this show as a vendor and it was successful. Hope everyone had a chance to play our modded out Metallica pro. 210 plays over 2 days, not a single issue with it.

Great selection and large number of games at the show, just about all were working pretty well too. I thought prices were a little high, but there were deals to be had on some of the games. Quite a few A level games, thanks to all who brought these and other games.

Loved Houdini and DI, great shooting pins. Reverse and inverted flippers on H was cool, classic Balcer. Pingraffix had some very cool lighted side blades. Lots of great stuff from other vendors too.

Thanks to Ivan and others who make this happen, couldn't have been more pleased.

Next up for us: Pintastic!

#2049 6 years ago

Great show as usual. Not enough time in the day to talk to everyone. Really impressed with Houdini and Dialed in.

#2050 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Despite the trough issues, my gf and I got to play your game Friday just before the show ended. We agreed it was one of our favorites of the day! Thanks for bringing it to the show! We hope to acquire one for our collection someday. Such a cool game!

Glad you enjoyed it despite the issues!

I replaced the optos and it actually got worse. Switched back to the originals again and things seemed to clear up. Not sure what's up with it but will get it checked out.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 195.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 75.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/41?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.